Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Suggestions:

Do you have any suggestions that could improve the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread, whether it be the OP (including FAQ's) or the thread in general? Feel free to pm me suggestions!

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']I actually have the wired version of that controller, and the dead zones are indeed crap. Really wide area where no input is registered, but the sticks themselves are the superior (IMO) concave design like the 360 ones. Works well enough that I don't regret the purchase.

I was also browsing the user-submitted pics for Dualshock 3s...SO MANY people with annotations in the photos about fakes & knockoffs.

Seems I'll just have to be patient, but luckily I don't NEED one right now, thankfully.[/QUOTE]

Yes the knockoffs can happen if you don't buy directly from amazon. Sometimes the price thats advertised on the main search result/product page is not directly from amazon. I believe they will display the cheapest option available. You need the controllers that are shipped and sold by amazon to avoid the knockoffs.

I mean, I havnt had any problems getting Dualshock controllers straight from Amazon.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Yes the knockoffs can happen if you don't buy directly from amazon. Sometimes the price thats advertised on the main search result/product page is not directly from amazon. I believe they will display the cheapest option available. You need the controllers that are shipped and sold by amazon to avoid the knockoffs.

I mean, I havnt had any problems getting Dualshock controllers straight from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I was seeing people saying that FBA items from various other sellers had sold them knockoffs, and I assume you meant from AWD (and not ExpressMedia, for example), so I'll probably just do that in the future.

[quote name='traxstar']thanks been waiting all night and day for this lol since amazons gonna start charging tax here in cali sat i needed to get rid of some credit and got it for 30$[/QUOTE]

Yeah my thoughts exactly , it starts the 15th so I'll probably preorder the bundle in the morning just been holding off cause how bby offered a 50gc with the madden bundle maybe there a chance it'll be for a.c. Bundle but then tax adds $20 anyways !! Damn wonder if I preorder now I'll still get charged tax since they don't charge till it ships :whistle2:(

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Yeah my thoughts exactly , it starts the 15th so I'll probably preorder the bundle in the morning just been holding off cause how bby offered a 50gc with the madden bundle maybe there a chance it'll be for a.c. Bundle but then tax adds $20 anyways !! Damn wonder if I preorder now I'll still get charged tax since they don't charge till it ships :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

i was gonna do that but from what i heard you will get charged tax cause like u said it doesnt charge till it ships

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Yeah my thoughts exactly , it starts the 15th so I'll probably preorder the bundle in the morning just been holding off cause how bby offered a 50gc with the madden bundle maybe there a chance it'll be for a.c. Bundle but then tax adds $20 anyways !! Damn wonder if I preorder now I'll still get charged tax since they don't charge till it ships :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure you will be charged tax because they don't bill until the item ships. Might be a different story if paying with amazon credit. Doesn't it take the credit away immediately?

[quote name='Bmvc1']Amazon should just apply a 9% discount to all CA orders. That would offset the tax.[/QUOTE]

They have to pay the tax to California so it doesn't make a whole lot of business sense for them. Would cost them tens of millions every year with the volume of business they probably send to California. Amazon goes above and beyond in most cases as it is so that would be a bit much to ask of them.

[quote name='Bmvc1']Amazon should just apply a 9% discount to all CA orders. That would offset the tax.[/QUOTE]

I believe they are charging tax to all of the US, aren't they? I know they started charging tax in Texas also. We should get a discount too! lol jk.

Since they are now charging tax though, they are trying to keep their value another way.. and that is to try to give same-day delivery. I guess we'll see how that pans out in time. That would be pretty awesome though, if they're successful.

[quote name='barrit']I believe they are charging tax to all of the US, aren't they? I know they started charging tax in Texas also. We should get a discount too! lol jk.

Since they are now charging tax though, they are trying to keep their value another way.. and that is to try to give same-day delivery. I guess we'll see how that pans out in time. That would be pretty awesome though, if they're successful.[/QUOTE]

They don't charge sales tax in Oregon, because we don't have one.

[quote name='barrit']I believe they are charging tax to all of the US, aren't they? I know they started charging tax in Texas also. We should get a discount too! lol jk.

Since they are now charging tax though, they are trying to keep their value another way.. and that is to try to give same-day delivery. I guess we'll see how that pans out in time. That would be pretty awesome though, if they're successful.[/QUOTE]

It's a state by state thing. Not sure what states currently do it, but definitely not all.

No one is entitled to special treatment as a result of this IMO. They're complying with the law, not unfairly changing policies for no reason.

Also, they do offer same day delivery in some areas. It's very very expensive though. But most luxuries are.

Has anyone ever bought an iPod Touch from AWD? Looking at grabbing a 4th Gen one; should I expect the same thing condition-wise as if I were buying a Vita? (which I have done before)

Hey guys. So if I want a PS3 bundle, should I just buy it now on AWD?
California's going to have sales tax starting tomorrow on PS3s. (I'll be paying 9.25%)
Or should I just wait for Black Friday and pay the taxes?

[quote name='ckc4043']I still have $24 promotional credit...any good deal on ps3 controller and games ? I still have 6 hours Tim before amazon charge th tax...[/QUOTE]

did amazon pm BB on new ps3 controllers for $40? If they did go that route.

As for the guy asking about ps3's I bought one from 3rd party (mistermoney-hq) for $148. System came in very good condition and had everything. Honestly if you have no games what so ever or a blu ray collection then I would wait for a bundle on Black Friday, that way you get something new and some extras.

I just received my Arc The Lad Collection (Like New) that I got for about $36. Few dings on the box but everything inside was mint. Looks like the thing was opened and not played at all. The discs are all mint, manual looks like it has not been opened, thumb stick covers and memory card case are mint and the character standees have not even been opened.

I had about $21 credit so I got this thing for $15 out of pocket. I am very happy :)

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']I just received my Arc The Lad Collection (Like New) that I got for about $36. Few dings on the box but everything inside was mint. Looks like the thing was opened and not played at all. The discs are all mint, manual looks like it has not been opened, thumb stick covers and memory card case are mint and the character standees have not even been opened.

I had about $21 credit so I got this thing for $15 out of pocket. I am very happy :)[/QUOTE]

the LN listings tend to be damaged boxes or a case where the seal came off, games are technically new, but either cannot sell them as such, or they will not sell.

I've gotten several LN games off amazon and the case always cracks like it hasn't been opened before.

[quote name='esploded']Hey guys. So if I want a PS3 bundle, should I just buy it now on AWD?
California's going to have sales tax starting tomorrow on PS3s. (I'll be paying 9.25%)
Or should I just wait for Black Friday and pay the taxes?[/QUOTE]

You are getting a better deal on awd than black Friday. Black Friday tend to be bundles and gift cards. Rarely is there a discount on msrp.

bought one of those like new madden vitas. Screen doesnt turn on. really amazon, how hard is it to check if an item at least powers on.

No sales tax for amazon purchases in Michigan yet.

[quote name='letskissthesky']No sales tax for amazon purchases in Michigan yet.[/QUOTE]

I think it's only in states where Amazon has physical presence, either a warehouse, office, etc. Amazon has one in CA, and they had threatened to move it out of state over the whole tax thing at one point.

There are two AZ locations in PA, and we pay tax.

[quote name='orangecrush']This is $10 at TRU if you can find it (my store had 5 copies last I checked)[/QUOTE]

There was 1 store in the D/FW metroplex that had a couple for a day. It's been oos since then. Good point tho. Definitely check your local TRU first.

Let's see how bad this goes. I ordered some warehouse goodies and saw a Kinect w/Kinect Adventures from a 3rd party seller for $7.99 shipped.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Let's see how bad this goes. I ordered some warehouse goodies and saw a Kinect w/Kinect Adventures from a 3rd party seller for $7.99 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Willing to bet it was a price mistake and gets cancelled or it's just the game. What did the seller's notes say?

Is the wireless stereo headset for ps3 a good deal at $61? I heard about a new version coming out so should i bet on it dipping in price then or just get it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back