Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

Wii U

PS4

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923

VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone own this version and Is this a worthy upgrade over the standard edition? I was considering the CE but for me getting this LE would be only a $15 increase over what I paid for the standard.
If it truly is the LE, they were meant to be only first print runs so it is worth it in that sense as they come with some exclusive dlc not in the CE. I said truly because it boils down to the LE being intact for resale value and the dlc voucher. However, if you are buying it just for yourself it isn't a bad upgrade but again they were selling new at both GS and here on Amazon at one point for $50 new so you decide if it worth your money for the extras.

Edit: Sounds like a dinger just as your username suggest so "Is it a" "Dinger" take a gander at the dinger and see how it goes.

seriously guys, buy Puppeteer. couldn't believe that was still sitting there. as far as I'm concerned it's the best original game released this year.

edit: grabbed Sonic Generations :ps3: for some weird reason.

seriously guys, buy Puppeteer. couldn't believe that was still sitting there. as far as I'm concerned it's the best original game released this year.

edit: grabbed Sonic Generations :ps3: for some weird reason.
While I agree with you, I can definitely see it dropping to $19.99 for BF sales (though $29.99 might be more realistic).

Thanks for your input and the username call out dealseeker2u (since there are apparently multiples of you). Thanks for the opinion and posting that find, so I bought it.  

Handsomepete or anyone else offer some input on Puppeteer?  Wondering about that game and a bit hesitant at that ~$30 price.

Thanks for the details dealseeker, I bought it.
Handsomepete or anyone else offer some input on Puppeteer? Wondering about that game and a bit hesitant at that ~$30 price.
everyone that's saying it'll drop is correct so you can definitely wait, but I'm the odd one here that believes in supporting a company/franchise that's doing something I like so I quite happily bought it at retail full price.

it's a creative and beautiful platformer with a fun story, some cool mechanics, and some downright funny writing. there's a lot of weird little hidden stuff too (like wearing a certain head causes a boss's dangerous tail to turn in to a giant puffball that can't hurt you). it's really a rare gem. there's really nothing else quite like it right now.

While I agree with you, I can definitely see it dropping to $19.99 for BF sales (though $29.99 might be more realistic).
I agree with you which is why I did not bite. I am going to wait now for deals on BFday and decide thereafter. I have heard nothing but good things about that game so will check it out at the right price down the road.

:360: Madden NFL 25 (LN) $36.51

but I'm the odd one here that believes in supporting a company/franchise that's doing something I like so I quite happily bought it at retail full price.
I actually might have bit on that platinum if it hadn't been gone by the time I put it in my cart. :whee:

Spoilers below for whoknows

I'm afraid you are only supporting the retailer. The vast majority of people still don't realize this either and naively believe all their money is going to the people who made the games.

To add on to this buy games used new or discounted doesn't matter much. Sure it encourages shelf postion, shelf longevity, amount of copies a store orders and price haggling but that's about it. It's like finding out santa's not real.

Just wanted to update: My "Good" copy of :ps3: Splinter Cell Blacklist Paladin LE came in last night. Despite being labeled "Good" at $65.XX it came in almost perfect condition. It looks like it was never opened with all paperwork/shrinkwrap intact with no AWD stickers on anything other than the outside box. The only physical damage was on the outside box sleeve. Another happy purchase from AWD.

Spoilers below for whoknows

I'm afraid you are only supporting the retailer. The vast majority of people still don't realize this either and naively believe all their money is going to the people who made the games.

To add on to this buy games used new or discounted doesn't matter much. Sure it encourages shelf postion, shelf longevity, amount of copies a store orders and price haggling but that's about it. It's like finding out santa's not real.
surely you don't think that there's no impact to the perceived success of a title by the publisher/retailer/developer if its sales occur in the beginning of its release life versus 6-12 months down the line (regardless of the inevitable 50%+ discount)? or that used sales vs new make no difference? what do I know, I don't work in the industry, but that sure doesn't make sense to me.

Just wanted to update: My "Good" copy of :ps3: Splinter Cell Blacklist Paladin LE came in last night. Despite being labeled "Good" at $65.XX it came in almost perfect condition. It looks like it was never opened with all paperwork/shrinkwrap intact with no AWD stickers on anything other than the outside box. The only physical damage was on the outside box sleeve. Another happy purchase from AWD.
Got the perfect dinger! Congrats man, especially now that they have gone up to $100 plus here on AWD.

surely you don't think that there's no impact to the perceived success of a title by the publisher/retailer/developer if its sales occur in the beginning of its release life versus 6-12 months down the line (regardless of the inevitable 50%+ discount)? or that used sales vs new make no difference? what do I know, I don't work in the industry, but that sure doesn't make sense to me.
Used sales are actually better for retailers than discounts since they get near the full amount that they originally paid for. Plus extra which is why stores like Gamestop are hated so. Yet the derpy companies continue to support them even all the while :censored: and moaning about it. Even doing exclusive dlc, prints /whatever.

Devs are already compensated before the game even ships out. It may give bonuses, more stable employment if hired for continued work on the series but that's neither here nor there.

Publishers are the ones who hate it because they are only guaranteed money from what they shipped to retailers. Which is normally half or a little bit lower then what the games actually sell for. Thus why they are trying to remove the middle man and go digital. Discount slightly hurts a retailers bottom line but usually they manage to balance it out.

As for the rest its all ymmv since they have different expectations budgets ect. I already explained how little it effects retailers. On the publisher side It benefits them as well since they get more money per copy, more attention from the retailers and better shelf space, advertising in store ect and can give them more control over the retailers.

Most of the issues still stem from publishers that have unrealistic expectations. Even if a game does make them a profit if it isn't enough of a profit they won't bother with another entry.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000IMWK2G/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1381510864&sr=1-13

I believe I remember someone posting they were looking for a wiimote. there's that awd one for 18.xx LN

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004C34D2M/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1381510984&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+remote&condition=new

or you could get the remote and nunchuck in black new for 13.90 from dallasimportdirect and find something to pair it with for the free shipping.

17 with the plus built in from makupcare http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00A4T384M/ref=sr_1_6_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1381510984&sr=8-6&keywords=wii+remote&condition=new

and blargh still no tracking info on my so2 or toshiba laptop charger. took a couple days for them to get out of preparing for shipment. Should I be worried now?

GameStop will be selling pre-owned Microsoft Xbox 360 and all Sony PlayStation 3 gaming systems at a reduced price for a limited time frame (Oct 11 to Oct 24). After a discount of $30, $60 and $110, Xbox 360, Xbox Slim 4GB model and PS3 will cost $99.99, $119.99 and $149.99, respectively. Along with the purchase, consumers will get a free pre-owned game of their choice of price $19.99 or less.

saw that on yahoo thought I'd post it here. does this mean I have good odds of a sub 100$ ps3 popping up here soon?

Used sales are actually better for retailers than discounts since they get near the full amount that they originally paid for. Plus extra which is why stores like Gamestop are hated so. Yet the derpy companies continue to support them even all the while :censored: and moaning about it. Even doing exclusive dlc, prints /whatever.

Devs are already compensated before the game even ships out. It may give bonuses, more stable employment if hired for continued work on the series but that's neither here nor there.

Publishers are the ones who hate it because they are only guaranteed money from what they shipped to retailers. Which is normally half or a little bit lower then what the games actually sell for. Thus why they are trying to remove the middle man and go digital. Discount slightly hurts a retailers bottom line but usually they manage to balance it out.

As for the rest its all ymmv since they have different expectations budgets ect. I already explained how little it effects retailers. On the publisher side It benefits them as well since they get more money per copy, more attention from the retailers and better shelf space, advertising in store ect and can give them more control over the retailers.

Most of the issues still stem from publishers that have unrealistic expectations. Even if a game does make them a profit if it isn't enough of a profit they won't bother with another entry.
Fair enough, I can accept this (and your desire to keep OT stuff in spoilers, how polite!). It does seem like the publishers are the biggest problem in the equation. Nonetheless I'll likely continue to put my money where my mouth is (as obscenely naive as it may be) in the hopes that it makes some impact somewhere - at least then I can feel like I tried to do something when in 3 years all that's coming out is Battlefield x+1 and Dead Rising 5 when the larger companies have given up altogether on making original IPs and left the keys to the indie devs. I think I get frustrated when I actually see companies putting out some quasi-original stuff (Puppeteer, Remember Me, Binary Domain) - and stuff that's pretty good! - and the community response is 'meh, maybe when it's $10'. It just devalues it and I think that when other people see that they think "well if it's only worth $10 to him it must be a shitty low-fi junk game" and so they adopt the same mentality knowing next to nothing else about it. At least that's how it seems from up here on my high horse.

I just want to support creativity and originality, dammit.

Just got in my GTAV (Good condition). Seems like everything thing is brand new but the case is very damaged. Good thing I had the extra GTAV case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back