Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Received my (G) Tomb Raider PS4 copy today. 

Although it was under the Standard listing it was actually the Art Book Edition with a little nick out of one of the corners.

AWD was kind enough to plaster no less than 6 goddamn stickers all over the cardboard slipcase and book spine.

Whole lotta patience and a little Goo Gone and all seems to be well.

So....if you're shopping Tomb Raiders from AWD I would not recommend the Art Book version, although in the end you may unwittingly have no choice in the matter.

Sure, np. What that means is, a dinger is the term we use when it's a new system, but only the box is damaged. Kind of like this, Amazon has so many boxes of brand new systems, but if one of those boxes is scratched or broken, they can't sell it New new, so they sell em on AWD for used prices. Mine was a pretty badly broken box, but the insides (aka the system itself and components) were all new.
Ah okay, thanks! Is there a specific wording they use, like "box damaged" or "imperfection on sides" most of the time? Or is it just a gamble/intuition when reading the description?

Random newbie question: with squaretrade's warranties, does the price plan have to reflect what normal retail price is, or what you paid for it at time of purchase? I can see them backing out by saying "You may have paid 200 for it, but it retails at 400, so we can't cover it since you bought the wrong plan"
I was wondering this too. Anyone know the answer?

I was wondering this too. Anyone know the answer?
My Item was on sale, can I get a protection plan for full replacement value?

Your SquareTrade Protection Plan is limited in value to the purchase price of your item. We generally ask that you use the actual price paid for your item when purchasing a warranty.

If you bought your item for a retail website or store and got a substantial discount, the actual purchase price might be far lower than the fair replacement value of the item. In such a case, in order to make sure you have enough value in the warranty to replace your item after a claim, you are welcome to use the full regular retail price to purchase the warranty, as opposed to the price you paid. That may make the warranty more expensive than if you used the sale price, but you'll get more value in your coverage.

If you choose to use the full retail value to buy the warranty, please provide proof of the full retail value of your item when you submit your proof of purchase. If the full purchase price is shown on your receipt, that is sufficient. If not you can provide a local ad showing the original price, print out from the manufacturer's website, a national retail website showing the MSRP or regular price, or something similar showing the full value of the item.

This process does not apply for items from eBay, open-box, floor model, or store display items. For this items, we can only use the actual auction value or purchase price for your warranty.

EDIT: nice avatar

Double EDIT: Seems last paragraph is very pertinent here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my (G) Tomb Raider PS4 copy today.

Although it was under the Standard listing it was actually the Art Book Edition with a little nick out of one of the corners.

AWD was kind enough to plaster no less than 6 goddamn stickers all over the cardboard slipcase and book spine.

Whole lotta patience and a little Goo Gone and all seems to be well.

So....if you're shopping Tomb Raiders from AWD I would not recommend the Art Book version, although in the end you may unwittingly have no choice in the matter.
They had Tomb Raider PS4 on AWD already?! How much did you get it for?!

Snagged myself a $257.39 PS4 in good condition.

Oh! Thanks Crazyglitcher for giving me the opporunity to pick it up.   O:) 

thx_CAG.png

-Squaretrade's policy snip-
Many thanks for the info. Much sadness after reading it however T^T

Snagged myself a $257.39 PS4 in good condition.
Ah! You're the one who ended up grabbing it. I was staring at it for a while wondering if I should risk it but decided my wallet didn't need the pounding right now. Good luck to you my friend, tell us how it goes.

About that red Game Boy Pocket: the dream is dead :(  The screen is in fact near perfect, but it turns on to a black screen. I tried different games but it's dead apparently.

Could be that they sent it in a fucking bubble mailer with no other protection, but I imagine it was dead already.

Many thanks for the info. Much sadness after reading it however T^T

Ah! You're the one who ended up grabbing it. I was staring at it for a while wondering if I should risk it but decided my wallet didn't need the pounding right now. Good luck to you my friend, tell us how it goes.
Maybe there is hope...http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-One-Year-Open-Box-Electronics-Extended/dp/B002QCGLHQ

first reviewer mentions he bought something off AWD and used this warranty...

EDIT: Big oops on my part, this will probably make even more sadness for you. I'm sorry

Ok, I'm an idiot and forgot about the contrast knob. The game boy works, but pushing left on the dpad is a crapshoot. Only works about half the time. The sound also wanders around a bit between quiet and loud. I think I'm going to return it. $45 is kind of a lot if its not working properly, and I've never taken one apart. Kinda bummed though. I don't have a GB pocket.

I also bought that $11.xx GT5 CE. Its missing the money clip, but everything else is there. They ruined the box with stickers of course but I kinda just wanted the book to look at anyway.

Maybe there is hope...http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-One-Year-Open-Box-Electronics-Extended/dp/B002QCGLHQ

first reviewer mentions he bought something off AWD and used this warranty...

EDIT: Big oops on my part, this will probably make even more sadness for you. I'm sorry
Not really an oops as far as I can tell...unless consoles are excluded. But still some sadness because it's only for a year and covers only hardware issues, but still costs just as much T^T

You don't know how much I hate you.
Sorry about spreading the word. But there'll be other chances ^_^

For peeps that pick up the PS4 without looking here, what's the best strategy in grabbing one?
Constantly refresh if going hardcore. Or just set a time limit for yourself like once every 15 minutes, do a double refresh. Things I've noticed are that sometimes items don't pop up even when I know they're still there. While that 257 PS4 was up, I refreshed every 30 seconds or so and it kept disappearing and reappearing on me.

How often do 3ds XL pop on AWD? Saw one earlier for like $124 and i missed that sucka.
Pretty often actually. It's worth checking on a regular basis. They are usually between $120 and $150. I ordered the $124 one earlier today but it was acceptable so who knows what it'll be like.

Anyone have a link to refresh for Xbox Ones? I got one for PS4's but I don't think I can get a link unless the consoles are currently in stock.

Never shopped there before, would you happen to know the conditions that they come in? I'd hate to get one with scratches everywhere.
They're a Best Buy company if that helps at all. All of their stuff is graded but it sounds like they grade their stuff pretty tough. I've never received a console from them, but most of the people in the thread mention receiving low graded items without any flaws.

If you get something that is in worse shape than you were hoping, I believe you can return it without any questions asked.

PS4 just popped up for $257.xx

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_1_1?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1392259441&sr=1-1

ANNNNNND it's gone. Wow less than 6 seconds.

When I snagged mine for $237 I had my auto refresh set to every 3 seconds and on the main page I just listed so when it popped I literally had 3 seconds to click "1 Click Buy" and I jammed that button 100 times.  I actually didn't think I got it until I went to my orders and saw that I snagged one.  It came in brand new condition, unused with a box that was beaten to death.

Never shopped there before, would you happen to know the conditions that they come in? I'd hate to get one with scratches everywhere.
Cowboom rates the grades of the consoles along with detailed description of each. Its a best buy retailer. I got a grade 7 blue 3DS XL for my friend and it cost $130. Grade 7 is like new

Pretty often actually. It's worth checking on a regular basis. They are usually between $120 and $150. I ordered the $124 one earlier today but it was acceptable so who knows what it'll be like.
So you were the bastard who beat me to it??! Damn you! haha anyways, hope you get a good one man and enjoy it! thanks for the feedback.

You guys do realize that when I leave the house for a little bit and come back to six pages it freaks me out a little bit that I might have missed it.

Anyway, received some a 9 pack of Matchbox cars and a surprisingly big and heavy book of fairytales for my kid today.  The cars are brand new and the box isn't even dented so not sure why they were on AWD, the book has a rip on the spine but for $2 I think it was a steal still.

Anyone have a link to refresh for Xbox Ones? I got one for PS4's but I don't think I can get a link unless the consoles are currently in stock.
I have an open tab of this, but can't post a link since I'm too new and don't have the pre-req 3 posts...2 posts now

You guys do realize that when I leave the house for a little bit and come back to six pages it freaks me out a little bit that I might have missed it.

Anyway, received some a 9 pack of Matchbox cars and a surprisingly big and heavy book of fairytales for my kid today. The cars are brand new and the box isn't even dented so not sure why they were on AWD, the book has a rip on the spine but for $2 I think it was a steal still.
did you check thoroughly to be sure it didn't have any profanity and crap drawn in it like the last time?

Anyway, received some a 9 pack of Matchbox cars and a surprisingly big and heavy book of fairytales for my kid today. The cars are brand new and the box isn't even dented so not sure why they were on AWD, the book has a rip on the spine but for $2 I think it was a steal still.
haha, yeah my heart also races whenever that happens with any followed threads.

"Eh, nothings going to happen when I'm gone."

*10 hours later*

"What the hell, 20 pages?!?!"

Huh. My mind went into weird imagery overdrive right there regarding the cars. Won't go into many details, but I'll just say Jackass the movie is pretty funny and terrifying.

Haha. DS2U rubbin' salt in the wounds. ^
Lol! That wasn't my intention, I was just letting him know. I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for my car sliding off the road on the way to work. That would have been some sweet over time had I made it in, so little bummed about that. Hence, I am snowed / iced in and here I am.

Lol! That wasn't my intention, I was just letting him know. I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for my car sliding off the road on the way to work. That would have been some sweet over time had I made it in, so little bummed about that. Hence, I am snowed / iced in and here I am.
Oh so you're one of those people in the south who can't drive in a dusting of snow that I keep seeing on TV. ;)

Oh man, that sucks. Glad you're alright though.

bread's done
Back