Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition (condition listed can be acceptable, good, very good, like new, or new). Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

WIKI: It seems people had a few suggestions from the last thread in terms of updating the OP. I've changed a few things, but if there is anything else you want to change, feel free to do so.

Links:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

"Just Arrived" Video Games
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

Current Gen:

:wiiu: Wii U

:ps4: PS4

:xb1: Xbox One

:vita: PS Vita

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

Last Gen:

:psp: Sony PSP

:360: Xbox 360

:wii: Wii

:ps3: PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What states does Amazon charge sales tax?
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:

Arizona
California
Connecticut

Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Massachusetts
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Note: No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.

What do you mean by a "dinger"?
Dinger = Item is new but the packaging is damaged in some way or form.

These are speculative guesses at best going by descritption of any given item and also taking into account the length of time an item has been out since its release. Shorter the span of time from release of a game or console, better the chance of scoring a new item with damaged packaging aka "dinger".

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
First and foremost all games from AWD are considered used unless specified as new. Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and depending on condition they can be perfect / brand new, brand new with damaged packaging aka "dinger" to just a game in a generic case. AWD has 5 condition criteria for their listings and they are:

New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened video game in perfect condition in its original packaging and with all original packaging materials included.

Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Sellers are required to note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field for the item. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Any game I have personally ever bought in good or above condition has been in near mint condition. Acceptable ones have been a gamble. Getting DLC with games has also been a gamble and since AWD games are considered used, don't expect unused DLC even though there will be occassions where they may come unused. In regards to DLC, ymmv. Conditon wise, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases and inserts, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc. Consoles listed in "acceptable" conditon can be either new in damaged packaging and or a pure gamble in what conditon they will truly be in along with what is included in the box depending on the time frame from release of the console.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk[/youtube]

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923
VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/
VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/
IX: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322143-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-ix/
X:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326957-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-x/
XI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328789-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xi/

Lastly, credit for creating and maintaining previous threads and a huge thanks to the one and only "The AWD Guy" poker360. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to stick it out on my ps4.  I hope its nice and i would love a dinger or a 256 one but I have wasted sooo much time on this.

slipped my mind, I will do some research I guess

thanks
Won't really know until you get it unfortunately and while it's been a while since anyone's asked about it I know people have gotten legitimate and counterfeit Pro Controllers from AWD.

I wish games like this that support Wiimote and Nunchuck control would just support the Classic Controller Pro as well. Seems a little silly if you're supporting the Wiimote and the CCP is functionally the same as the Pro controller.

yeah, that is very accurate for 64+ VG ps4s that popped up, like someone else said, this might be generic trade in description, definitely not expecting a Dinger, if its bad it will just go to gamestop and get converted back to amazon credit
I agree. I wish you guys luck. I think it will work out fine. If Amazon would have processed my recent trade ins by today, I would have ordered one of those 64 ps4s.

If it is trade-ins, I think Amazon messed up on the actual quantity and will cancel most orders.  I actually hope they messed up a pallet of these and we all end up with scratch up boxes. haha

If it is trade-ins, I think Amazon messed up on the actual quantity and will cancel most orders. I actually hope they messed up a pallet of these and we all end up with scratch up boxes. haha
this might be the case, number jumped from 37 to 1 instantly and now there arent any left, i dont think they will have to cancel any though if they caught on to it, which it seems they did

Ya hard 2 tell. I know I am sick of trying to get one though.  I am going to let it ship and if i am not happy I will be done.

Won't really know until you get it unfortunately and while it's been a while since anyone's asked about it I know people have gotten legitimate and counterfeit Pro Controllers from AWD.

I wish games like this that support Wiimote and Nunchuck control would just support the Classic Controller Pro as well. Seems a little silly if you're supporting the Wiimote and the CCP is functionally the same as the Pro controller.
I know I will only know when it gets here lol.

And keep wishing, nintendo does not listen! xD

Oh yeah, I totally forgot. The one that I did take a chance on for like $23 was a Wii Classic Controller Pro. :wall:
Lol will report back.

So what do you think will happen if amazon cuts you off,

will you change your identity and change houses?

and whoever moves in after you will be banned from amazon? lol

In the future I will be sure to move into houses freshly build :p

Vic was it a LN PS4 without the tested description or VG. Youre OP says VG and quote says LN.
it was a vg I fixed it but got quoted before I finished editing it. It was $276.xx.

I believe the LN ones go for $296.xx

Lol will report back.

So what do you think will happen if amazon cuts you off,

will you change your identity and change houses?

and whoever moves in after you will be banned from amazon? lol

In the future I will be sure to move into houses freshly build :p
Basically. Say, where do you live again? :whistle2:

i think ill keep my order, curiosity is getting the better of me.

But if by chance i see one pop up without the "tested" description i might order a second one & return which ever sux more.

I'm no expert on the dinger chance %, but you never know, some say it has a shot of being it, someone said "tested" always mean trade in.

*shrug

Mine specifically mentioned the packaging. I know some of you guys said it might be the console, but I highly doubt it. Here's what it said:

Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Item has been tested to be fully functional. Item is in original packaging, but packaging has damage. Small (less than ¼" x ¼") cosmetic imperfection on front of item. Small (less than ¼" x ¼") cosmetic imperfection on top of item. Small (less than ¼" x ¼") cosmetic imperfection on bottom of item. Small (less than ¼" x ¼") cosmetic imperfection on the sides of item. Small (less than ¼" x ¼") cosmetic imperfection on back of item. All accessories are present and undamaged

Mine specifically mentioned the packaging. I know some of you guys said it might be the console, but I highly doubt it. Here's what it said:

Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Item has been tested to be fully functional. Item is in original packaging, but packaging has damage. Small (less than ¼" x ¼") cosmetic imperfection on front of item. Small (less than ¼" x ¼") cosmetic imperfection on top of item. Small (less than ¼" x ¼") cosmetic imperfection on bottom of item. Small (less than ¼" x ¼") cosmetic imperfection on the sides of item. Small (less than ¼" x ¼") cosmetic imperfection on back of item. All accessories are present and undamaged
yeah, i got the same one, all 64 had the same description. its more probable that they got dinged up boxes but awd has NEVER described dinged up boxes to that effect.

my reasoning, though i could be and hope i am wrong, desc says: ITEM (the ps4) has been tested to be fully functional. ITEM (the ps4) is in original packaging, but packaging has damage. small cosmetic imperfection on front of ITEM (the ps4).

we can speculate as much as we want but it really does seem like someone was lazy down at AWD and grouped all ~64 into this description, other things like REd Xbox Elite have different listings and dif descriptions and categories.

either way if you don't like it, or are afraid it might crap out why not just take it to GS to get 357.xx for it? all that can be used to buy amazon kindle cards and converted back to amazon for use next tuesday night

My description for the ps4 I order...
Condition: Used - Very Good

Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Item has been tested to be fully functional. Item is in original packaging, but packaging has damage. All accessories are present and undamaged. see less

that's what mine said a while back , it was a PS4 in like new condition

other then the slightly loud fan its been good so far

left it on for 6 hours straight two times to test it the first week and it hasn't broken down....yet *knocks on wood*

hopefully you get a good one

Is there a reason this was still available for me to 1-Click a minute or two ago? :???:

I tested the DKC:TF (VG) I got today, and what-do-you-know, the disc was unreadable. :headache:

Can anyone recount a single instance where a Wii U game bought from AWD didn't have this problem?
My :wiiu: Lego Movie Videogame still plays flawlessly after about 10 hours of play time. Sucks that your DKCTF doesn't work. That game is flippin' awesome.

As someone who got an AWD PS4, Donkey Kong and Bravely Default that all worked fine, I'm thanking the preowned gods. Tempted to quit while I'm ahead.

just got an optical cable for 2.xx...this is my first one ever...is this a good price / do these things actually make a difference in sound quality?

A $256.76 PS4 came then vanished like lightning, so quickly I couldn't see its condition or description.
That's the good price and if it is anything like the one I ordered (but haven't received) last week, there will be some cosmetic damage to drop it from VG. My G order is due on Saturday so I'll report on it over the weekend.

Some VG PS4's with general descriptions -- "DLC or codes may be used. All accessories present and undamaged" just popped up.

Edit: and all gone in the minute it took to write that ...

I received a $32 (G) PS3 Fat 80GB yesterday, it came in its original box with a controller and all cables. System looks near perfect cosmetically but the Bluray laser has crapped out, the PS3 will play DVD movies just fine but Bluray games and movies freeze up within a few seconds of starting them. The vibration on the controller isn't quite right and it makes a weird buzzing sound but I could live with that.

I don't have many disc-based games and mostly just play free PS+ downloads so this is pretty good for that but it would still be nice to be able to play discs when needed, so I'm not sure if I am going to see about trying to replace the laser diode myself or just send this back and wait for another PS3 deal to come along.

Would this constitute a trade in?

Used - Very Good

Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. All accessories are present and undamaged.

That's the whole description for an Xbox I saw. Seems like box may be missing.

Would this constitute a trade in?

Used - Very Good

Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. All accessories are present and undamaged.

That's the whole description for an Xbox I saw. Seems like box may be missing.
Very Good with nothing in the description should include packaging. Something that's repackaged or missing packaging will say as much and/or be knocked down to Acceptable.

It'll be interesting to see what these are. I got a VG PS4 with the same vague description. No "tested" language makes me hope for a dinger. But no "damaged packaging" language cuts against that. :whistle2:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back