Amazon Warehouse Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice it says "availablity" on every product page?

I've ordered a cracked-case still-sealed CD from them in the past, very happy with my prchase. :) I always liked the fact that they give you free super-saver shipping on their cheaper-than-Amazon prices.

i bought a GPS unit from amazon's warehouse and i'm satisfied =) highly recommended! (especially that it works with Prime!)

I should be getting the Eye of Judgment bundle from Amazon Warehouse (paid $50 2 weeks after the regular site had it on sale) early next week so I will say how it comes in.

Bear in mind that sometimes Warehousedeals prices are not necessarily cheaper than Amazon's prices. When Amazon runs a special sale or promotion, then Amazon can be cheaper than their subsidiary.

Anyone gotten anything that had the description as "Open box unit. Cosmetic blemishes on main unit. Cosmetic blemishes on accessory. Minor damage to outer box. Package resealed." ?

I'm wondering exactly what cosmetic blemishes entails and if they'd take something back like that if I'm not satisfied with it...

i've gotten a lot of hd dvd's and blu-ray. the only one that was used was batman begins. I got spiderman 3 BD and it was new. and with prime they ship pretty fast too.

Holy crap - it pays to keep an eye on this site. I just got an open box 360 premium with HDMI for $134.91. General condition was "used - mint", and "cosmetic blemishes" were indicated. I have no idea why the price was so low, but I feel like there's minimal risk with Amazon's excellent customer service.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Holy crap - it pays to keep an eye on this site. I just got an open box 360 premium with HDMI for $134.91. General condition was "used - mint", and "cosmetic blemishes" were indicated. I have no idea why the price was so low, but I feel like there's minimal risk with Amazon's excellent customer service.[/QUOTE]

Wow. You gotta link for some kind of proof? That just seems unreal. Awesome find if you did.

Just picked up Rock Band for the PS3 for $120.47. Description was minor damage to the box. I had been on the fence for this item at $148 and I told a buddy that I would buy it "today" if it had Juke Box Hero on it. Well he called me out and let me know the song was on there, so I guess I kept my word.

[quote name='stlrams']Just picked up Rock Band for the PS3 for $120.47. Description was minor damage to the box. I had been on the fence for this item at $148 and I told a buddy that I would buy it "today" if it had Juke Box Hero on it. Well he called me out and let me know the song was on there, so I guess I kept my word.[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know it's download content you have to buy

Just to add to the Amazon Warehouse Deals info, I ordered a Nikon S10 camera that was supposed to be refurbished to original factory specifications and in perfect working condition. Well, when it arrived a 2 second inspection revealed that the inner zoom lens was completely detached. If somebody didn't notice that it was broken with their eyes, they would've heard it when you pick up the camera, because it was rattling like crazy. So, the lack of quality control (who refurbished and inspected it? Hellen Keller?) was the sucky part. Now, the good part is that when I sent it back they gave me a refund with no hassle.

I took a chance and ordered my new LCD HDTV from the refurb center, retail was $1699.99, on sale at Amazon for $1250 and got from the warehouse for $900 shipped. Figured with the 30 day return policy it was worth the risk, it allowed me to afford the TV in the first place after I sell my old one. I'll let you know how it turns out, it was listed as minor cosmetic damage.

Here's my great deals so far; 40" Samsung 1080p LCD $790, 50" Samsung 1080p LCD $1175(for parents) Planet Earth HD-DVD $7.65 (New with shrink wrap missing) $400 Oneida silverware set for $35. All in mint condition. Just bought 360 steering wheel for $76.:applause:

wow, i'm glad to see this stuff working out so well for everyone. i may have to finally order something for myself from the very link i posted.

I wonder what the deal is with warranties on hardware. I suppose I'll be okay as long as no one previously registered the 360 (assuming it was a return).

actually, i bought my 360 used in japan, and they honored the warranty. my friend, who also bought his system used in japan, even had it repaired here in the states free of charge after the rrod. bottom line, don't worry, you're covered.

thanks for this thread, went ahead and bought a 'minor outside box damage' only PS3 Rock Band yesterday. hopefully it will show up as advertised, but at 120 instead of 170, i think i could get over a scratch here or there as long as everything functions. my cat will just end up scratching up something anyway.

also picked up a refurbished mp3 player that will hopefully suit my needs while staying well out of triple digits.

Have any CAGs ordered and received a PS3 from there? I'm interested, but I just want to hear first-hand what the end product is like compared to their description.
The savings over doing the gold box trick isn't much, but it'll get you a used game, so it's probably worth it.

[quote name='thakingrocka']actually, i bought my 360 used in japan, and they honored the warranty. my friend, who also bought his system used in japan, even had it repaired here in the states free of charge after the rrod. bottom line, don't worry, you're covered.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - what I think I'll do is call MS when I receive it and check whether that serial number has ben registered. Hopefully I'll be lucky and it'll be a Falcon. At that price, I'm not complaining.

The TV arrived today, it was advertised as a Refurb with minor cosmetic damage on the TV and the remote but as far as I can tell it is 100% mint. It would have been the same as if I bought it at Best Buy (and paid $1400 plus tax) and opened it up. I am very happy with the TV, HD DVDs play great! I'd try the PS3 but my 2 month out unit just died and is going back to Sony for repair, sigh. The point being, don't be afraid of ordering from the warehouse!

Received my PS3 which was supposed to be "damaged box only and package resealed." Package received was in a brown box, without the PS3 box and it was loosely packed. Really bad scratches on the console and the controller looked like it was thoroughly used. Was also missing the USB charger plug. I sent it back as soon as I opened it.

[quote name='fileid']Received my PS3 which was supposed to be "damaged box only and package resealed." Package received was in a brown box, without the PS3 box and it was loosely packed. Really bad scratches on the console and the controller looked like it was thoroughly used. Was also missing the USB charger plug. I sent it back as soon as I opened it.[/QUOTE]

I fear for my $134 360! Well, it's shipping soon, I'll report back.

Sweet... baby... Jesus.

360-shipped.jpg

Even after my order was confirmed, I totally thought they'd never ship it. Hope it's in decent shape.

Oh man. I'm so considering an xbox on there (Halo 3 edition) but I dunno. It says mint but cosmetic blemishes on the unit?

Hmmmmm....

[quote name='marginal']Sweet... baby... Jesus.

360-shipped.jpg

Even after my order was confirmed, I totally thought they'd never ship it. Hope it's in decent shape.[/quote]

Holy Shit!

360-shipped.jpg

Even after my order was confirmed, I totally thought they'd never ship it. Hope it's in decent shape.[/quote]
...............*TO DA WEBSITE!!!!*

DAMN I DON'T SEE ONE FOR ME!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 290 IS TOO MUCH!!!!

360-shipped.jpg

Even after my order was confirmed, I totally thought they'd never ship it. Hope it's in decent shape.[/QUOTE]

1126ex2.gif

I"m thinking of buying an HDTV off the Warehouse. How reliable are the HDTV's?? Were they packaged up nicely for people or did some of you guys return it back?? Also how's the warranty on the site??

The prices are decent, but still have mixed feeling about taking the plunge and purchased an LCD HDTV from them.

360-shipped.jpg

And cue red ring of death.

Marginal, when did you order your super-cheap 360? I ordered mine on the 5th, and it's still "shipping soon." I have to post my images now - no one seemed to notice on page 3! :)

wd_360_holy_crap.gif

wd_360_holy_crap_2.gif

How does your condition description compare to mine, for your 7 less dollars? I wonder what we'll actually get.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Marginal, when did you order your super-cheap 360? I ordered mine on the 5th, and it's still "shipping soon." I have to post my images now - no one seemed to notice on page 3! :)

wd_360_holy_crap.gif

How does your condition description compare to mine, for your 7 less dollars? I wonder what we'll actually get.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it on the 5th as well, in the morning. I didn't snap a pic of the original listing, so I can't remember for sure what the description stated. I don't remember it mentioning cosmetic blemishes to the unit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same description as yours.

I don't think it's that no one noticed your pics... the exciting part is that they're actually shipping units at that price. I've had other items from Warehouse Deals that have been given ridiculous shipping estimates (like, five months away), which clearly means the item is not currently available.

[quote name='marginal']I ordered it on the 5th as well, in the morning. I didn't snap a pic of the original listing, so I can't remember for sure what the description stated. I don't remember it mentioning cosmetic blemishes to the unit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same description as yours.

I don't think it's that no one noticed your pics... the exciting part is that they're actually shipping units at that price. I've had other items from Warehouse Deals that have been given ridiculous shipping estimates (like, five months away), which clearly means the item is not currently available.[/QUOTE]

I was not aware of the ridiculous shipping estimates - everything I saw indicated "1 business day," although my 360 has a shipping estimate of tomorrow, the 10th. WarehouseDeals is Amazon - I had no doubt they'd ship, or make good in some other way. Did you see my unit and yours up at the same time on the 5th? I'd thought mine was a price aberration of some kind, but two units makes a pattern.

Should be fun. I half expect to receive a 360 HD DVD drive instead of a 360 :)

[quote name='gkrykewy']I was not aware of the ridiculous shipping estimates - everything I saw indicated "1 business day," although my 360 has a shipping estimate of tomorrow, the 10th. WarehouseDeals is Amazon - I had no doubt they'd ship, or make good in some other way. Did you see my unit and yours up at the same time on the 5th? I'd thought mine was a price aberration of some kind, but two units makes a pattern.

Should be fun. I half expect to receive a 360 HD DVD drive instead of a 360 :)[/QUOTE]

It always *says* the item is available to ship in one business day, but that's not always the case. Sometimes (rarely) there are hiccups in their inventory system... sometimes if you order a Warehouse Deals item with an Amazon item, they don't pull the Warehouse Deals item if the Amazon item isn't ready... stuff like that. Anyway, yeah, this looks like another one of their weird price quirks like Planet Earth... something that's bound to go within a minute of it appearing, 'cause everyone will be watching for it.

I wish I could spare the 120 this week for the white PS2 Singstar bundle, but I have to use it to go to the dentist instead. Might do it anyway and just not eat for two weeks. Though I'm not going to be able to eat for a couple weeks anyway...

Does anyone know what this means?

Large crack on boxed set case. Large cut on boxed set case. Large mark on boxed set case. Large scratch on boxed set case.

Does that mean that the box, some casing/insulation inside, or the console itself is messed up?

[quote name='VioletArrows'] Does anyone know what this means?

Large crack on boxed set case. Large cut on boxed set case. Large mark on boxed set case. Large scratch on boxed set case.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that they fill out a web form when they list the items, and try to come as close as possible to indicating the condition using the check boxes they have available. I would read that as the outer package (box) having a tear, but the packaging being still sealed otherwise with the contents brand new.

So my Rock Band (and MP3 player) set came in yesterday (actually tuesday but thanks to my leasing center's horrible business hours i couldn't pick it up until yesterday) and I'm completely satisfied.

The 'minor box damage' is no worse than the edge of a flat head screwdriver being dragged across one side a couple of times, no punctures or anything. One corner is just slightly dinged, but the unit looks good enough to sell at a B&M somewhere. All the internal boxes were pristine, not a mark on any accessory.

The MP3 player box was in slightly worse shape, but the player itself looks and sounds great.

I received a copy of DDR U2 for the 360 yesterday. Description was "minor cosmetic damage on box, minor cosmetic damage on main unit."

This means that the box was ripped in half and taped back together with clear packaging tape. No problem, I thought, I don't play the box. Then, I get the game out and it's been opened. I get concerned. Flip disc over and it has deep grooves in it like the system was in the vertical position and fell over because someone was playing DDR too close to it and the DVD drive was still spinning and scratched the living fell out of the disc.

So, it's an immediate return. I asked for a replacement. If I get a replacement with a new box I will be very happy.

Their CSRs should know better than to accept returns of badly scratched game discs. Are they sending those over to India to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back