Amazon Year End Video Game Deals

Zurcamos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19944[/IMG-R]Amazon's Year End Video Game Deals sale highlights include:

:360::ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West $19.99
:360::ps3: Splatterhouse $25.99
:360: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom $16.99

iconamazon.gif
Year End Video Game Deals at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kampretkampret']UPS has a very strict policy on their employees.... 1 screw up and they're gone... they even get timed on their delivery routes..[/QUOTE]

They have it timed on how long it takes them to shutoff engine, pull keys, unbuckle belt, stand up, unlock bulk door, get package to deliver, lock back up, grab their computers, hold on hand rail as they exit truck, and average distance they should travel on foot per second. Seriously.

[quote name='kampretkampret']UPS has a very strict policy on their employees.... 1 screw up and they're gone... they even get timed on their delivery routes..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not so sure about that. Our UPS driver messes up at least once a month. I constantly am either getting our neighbors package or he is getting my. He is still on the route. Plus UPS is a union, at least here they do not care.

[quote name='GUNNM']why didn't he go to 611 and kick open the door?[/QUOTE]

Either that or call the cops, or threaten, there is no reason he should just go home and say "oh well, guess I'll watch my old TV" and just deal with it.

I have worked for UPS the last 5 years and it is nearly impossible to get fired. Our Union is crazy. The only way you are getting fired is if you actually get caught stealing. And if you kill someone you will only get suspended for a week and you will eventually get paid for the week you missed. No joke :)

[quote name='mobcrew']I have worked for UPS the last 5 years and it is nearly impossible to get fired. Our Union is crazy. The only way you are getting fired is if you actually get caught stealing. And if you kill someone you will only get suspended for a week and you will eventually get paid for the week you missed. No joke :)[/QUOTE]

I worked there for holiday help for extra money while I'm looking for a full-time job. I was told in the month of December I'd get between 30-40 hours a week. Know how much I got to work the entire month? 20 hours. They did that for all the workers though.

So yeah...that was my experience. I would suspect it's different for unions seeing as you can't even write someone up without a union bigwig throwing a fit and complaining. Unions are useless nowadays, in my opinion. But I know some people that are in them, and they love getting $20 an hour to sit around and do nothing with no one on their back. I'd probably like that, too, if I wanted to be in a union.

But, I digress.

I agree. I do not agree with everything the union is about. I think it is bullshit with the amount of stuff people get away with at UPS but every employee has to join the union there. We can not op out like the Postal Service employees can. Holiday Helper is a joke sorry you didn't get much out of it.

[quote name='speedracer']More about games, less about shit nobody cares about like your opinion on the modern labor movement. Kthx.[/QUOTE]

Someone's having a bad day. Or if it really bothers you that much, then just wow guy.:roll:

Nobody wants to read political opinions in the deals forum. There's a forum for it. You should go complain about how I'm wrecking your day in the OFFTOPIC forum.

[quote name='speedracer']Nobody wants to read political opinions in the deals forum. There's a forum for it. You should go complain about how I'm wrecking your day in the OFFTOPIC forum.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

There's a stick in your bottom. You should remove it :applause:

Why is it that whenever a topic goes slightly off topic, it goes completely off the rails when somebody complains about it being off topic?

[quote name='dyeknom']UPS lost my package of Castlevania CE and SWTFU 2 CE, well delivered it to the wrong person while I was IN my apartment. They didnt even have somebody sign for it, just says delivered to "woman" in their record. I think they delivered it to the thieving neighbors who pretended to not know what I was talking about when asked. So annoying when people don't properly do their jobs, even worse when I had to deal with 3 weeks of lost mail (all of it, not just some of it) from usps just last month[/QUOTE]
That happened to me with my wireless keyboard. It was signed by "front porch." I called UPS customer service and asked them if they had the information of the driver or the warehouse that it came from. "Nope, we don't carry that information on our computers." Then what the hell good are you for? Ugh. I loathe UPS now.

I believe you.. I was interviewing with them for an internship position.. my main duties were to follow the drivers around and time them on the things you mentioned...

[quote name='NamPaehc']They have it timed on how long it takes them to shutoff engine, pull keys, unbuckle belt, stand up, unlock bulk door, get package to deliver, lock back up, grab their computers, hold on hand rail as they exit truck, and average distance they should travel on foot per second. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Picked up Enslaved and Naruto when they were on sale. I am 10 hours in Naruto and I enjoy it more than I thought I would.

[quote name='NamPaehc']They have it timed on how long it takes them to shutoff engine, pull keys, unbuckle belt, stand up, unlock bulk door, get package to deliver, lock back up, grab their computers, hold on hand rail as they exit truck, and average distance they should travel on foot per second. Seriously.[/QUOTE]
That is seriously fucked up. But it does explain why the drivers here used to do the ninja routine when dropping off packages.

I don't doubt it. I applied there a while back and they called me in for a tour of the facilities and just the tour was "here's where you'll move x amount of packages in your shift and if you don't meet the quota, you'll be released instantly without so much as a probation period to get you started." I mean, I understand the concept of a quota but damn, they're not messing around.

[quote name='Survivalism']I don't doubt it. I applied there a while back and they called me in for a tour of the facilities and just the tour was "here's where you'll move x amount of packages in your shift and if you don't meet the quota, you'll be released instantly without so much as a probation period to get you started." I mean, I understand the concept of a quota but damn, they're not messing around.[/QUOTE]
You should see their standards for when you're working in one of their accounts receivable offices.:roll: I worked for them for two long agonizing weeks about 3-4 years ago and while I can understand requiring a certain dress code to appear professional I took offense to them demanding how my facial hair could only be trimmed.:bomb:

Apparently company policy is such that you're only allowed a 'mustache which does not go below your top lip'. I was tempted to trim it into a Hitler mustache in protest for those two weeks. I could understand if someone came in with spiked hair in 10 different colors that's 6 inches long and sprayed so rigid with hair spray you could hurt/kill someone if you hit them with it or if you had a long scraggly beard or something, but to DEMAND you take away part of what makes you you to cater to them was over the line to me.

I was glad when the two weeks were over and they no longer needed me. Of course I was also glad to get outta there because the one co-worker was a woman who chain smoked and would cough every 20 minutes for 5-10 minutes and it just sounded nasty.:puke:

bread's done
Back