AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

Thats cool, like I said before the basic idea for this discussion is that some people are willing to accept much more than others.

[quote name='kodave']As for everyone whining about the population of Atlanta, you do realize people fled the city or were evacuated from the city, right? When Rick rides into town on the first episode, the outbound traffic lanes are full of hundreds cars and those cars are torched. Surely hundreds of thousands of people escaped on that road prior to the cut off point Rick encounters. And I assume theres more than one highway in and out of Atlanta so there were other routes out we've never seen. Clearly there was some kind of military strike where the government said "enough is enough" with Atlanta and basically tried to set some kind of "containment perimeter" where if you're outside of the perimeter you can keep trying to escape, if you're on the perimeter you're gonna die, and the people left on the inside are just going to become zombies because its a no man's land.

Furthermore I think its abundantly clear that plenty of zombies were killed, along with people who were susceptible to becoming zombies, by the military. Wasn't there some kind of air strike in the flash back? It sounds like the military was trying to kill as many zombies as they could before it was deemed a hopeless endeavor and everybody got the fuck out of there. That's why theres so many zombie bodies on the ground.[/QUOTE]I'm not sure why I'm against you since I think we're on the same side of the line but: a) If we've learned nothing from the black plague it's that when there's an outbreak shoving everyone together is the last thing you want to do. But that's a sort of premise gripe. I had the same issue with the books. Sure normal people might think "CDC! They'll establish a refugee center there" but in reality like "People don't shelter kids" it is not what happens.

b) The military was mobilized when they realized the dead were coming back to life this much we know. Establishing a quarantine barrier.. that's a bit much. Considering the panic of such a unplanned event and the speed with which it would have happened and the fact that (as far as we know) it didn't even start in Atlanta I find the idea of quarantine establishment a bit unlikely. Now locking down a building of government or science sure. but blocking off the entire city or even trying to.. gotta say nah.

c) you misread something. the complaint is that there ARE NOT enough bodies on the ground. The idea is that Atlanta has a HUGE population. So there should either be a lot of dead bodies from people killed or a lot of walkers from people who died. If the military was crack shooting hordes of zeds then there should be bodies littered everywhere since the population is so high. There's no way that everyone came to Atlanta for refuge and then zombie horde reached the city and then most of them escaped. The CDC DID try to set up refuge so for a while the destination for everyone in Georgia was Atlanta. Once they decided to give up on that it would be too late for 90% of whoever is there. So the body count should be dancehall dense.

[quote name='cgarb84']I'm also not surprised by the reaction to the show in this thread, when a very highly regarded book/comic series is turned into a TV show/movie the fans of said books get all butt hurt if the translation is different at all.[/QUOTE]you know what oddly enough .. or maybe not oddly at all we haven't had that many "it'snot like the comic" complaints. At least not since the early half of the season. The complaints lately from what I've seen are firmly rooted in the logistics of the TV show as a stand-alone entity.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I think the show "defenders" have really done a piss poor job with staying on point (as in the show) although there are some who have done well in having a discussion about the pros and cons and expressing their opinions. And of course some of the "attackers," need to stay more on point themselves as they were trolling also.[/QUOTE]I hope you're not counting me in that because as much as I love the show I've tried to be pretty open to the haters and their criticisms.

I must say that I've really enjoyed this show through the 1st season and look forward to the 2nd season. It's too bad that there has only been 6 episodes so far.

I really don't understand what is going on in this thread. Is this how some of you people watch TV shows on a regular basis? I will admit as everyone has that this show is definitely not perfect and there are things that could be better. However it cracks me up to see some of the complaints in here that are nitpicking the smallest dumbest crap.

Some of the complaints in here:

"The explosion at the CDC should have been bigger" (Really....do you know the exact proportions of what this kind of explosion would be like?)

"I'm tired of seeing the blonde woman continue to cry and sulk about her sister" (Would you prefer for her to just shrug it off and act like she doesn't give a shit?)

"The population of Atlanta is _______, there should be a lot more zombies everywhere" (I'm glad some of you know the exact amount of zombies that should be present and where they should be, etc.)

"How do they have an infinite amount of gas for their vehicles" (Who said they will never run out of gas, I'm assuming Atlanta may still have usable gas stations.)

I just don't understand some of the complaints that are in here. Like I said this 1st season has had a few things I didn't like but overall I think it was a strong 1st season. Some people in here are acting like if something isn't shown to you or explained directly to your face, it is not possible and is simply a giant plot hole. I think it just may be possible that certain things may have happened that simply weren't shown to us.

[quote name='Soodmeg']:rofl:

The amount of forum rage vs nerd rage in this thread is hilarious. Although I could never figure out what is more absurd. Being all hurt by a tv show or being all hurt by things said about a tv show.

Someone could just as easily "OMG STOP WATCHING THE SHOW," as they can, "OMG STOP READING THE POSTS AND RESPONDING TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM WITH THE SAME 5 WORDS" The constant bitching about a person bitching about a TV show is just as annoying to us as we are to you.

The problem is that one group is attacking the show while the other is simply attacking posters. Attack/Defend the show should be open game but guys you really need to chill out with attacking each other. To be honest, you guys are the ones leaning more towards the trolling side, since after all your only purpose in this thread is to belittle a so called "bitcher." I think the show "defenders" have really done a piss poor job with staying on point (as in the show) although there are some who have done well in having a discussion about the pros and cons and expressing their opinions. And of course some of the "attackers," need to stay more on point themselves as they were trolling also.

Season 2 budget should be larger yes but again MOST people have no real problems with the "action" per say. I think we have made this point several times that no one wants Explosion Explosion Big Explosion. They simply dont want to have to take huge leaps of logic and in essence do most of the work of the directors. Also take note that I have never said that the show must stick to the comic, quite the opposite actually.

Personally my problems with the show have very little to do with things that money could instantly fix. More of the focus of the show.

One last thing, without us "bitchers" as you claim, this thread wouldnt have half as many post and would most likely be buried on the 3rd page by now. The people who have less of a problem with the show have posted very little in regards to actual show. Your 3 words saying you had no problem with the episodes doesnt really spark a heated discussion now does it?

Calm down everybody. Its just a tv show, a forum and a bunch of words on a website.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. Although I have no idea where all this hate is stemming from. I just finished the first 5 episodes and while I did have a few problems here & there, as a whole, this has been the most interested I've been in a series in a while. And I usually hate Drama series.

Maybe I'll have a more in depth review later (wouldn't hold my breath :) ) but I thought as a whole Season 1 was pretty amazing, especially as far as first seasons go (granted I've yet to see episode 6, so my whole opinion could flip if that episode tanks with me).

I think the problem stems from people wanting 28 Days later, The Crazies or Dawn of the Dead 2004, when they gave us Dawn of the Dead (the original) and Day of the Dead instead.

LOL @ frag grenade taking out only 1 pane of glass in that whole side of the building, and no shrapnel hitting anyone in the hallway.

And no debris falling onto the vehicles in teh street.

Oh well, it's just a tv show.:D

Wolfkin you have been a shining example of how to have logical discussion. It has been a pleasure having this conversation with you about this show. If I could buy you a drink I would man.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
I think the problem stems from people wanting 28 Days later, The Crazies or Dawn of the Dead 2004, when they gave us Dawn of the Dead (the original) and Day of the Dead instead.[/QUOTE]

Dude. Many have clearly said that is the exact opposite of what we wanted or expected. No one here has ever stated they wanted more action (this has been brought up at least a dozen times) like Wolfkin said the issues brought up are firmly rooted in the show as a stand alone entity.

There has been very very little comparing it to any other show.

@ BG88, "you say you say tomato i say tomato." I also dont understand why my wife loves french fries but I absolutely hate them. Its just a personal preference people have. You think its not a big deal, some people do.

Actually, it seems to be the driving point for some people in this thread. At least those that have complained the loudest (Boba Fett springs to mind).

Most of the disappointment seems to stem from either the show being different in expectations or just nitpicking so many little things.

I'm not here to have a "debate" I clearly loved the show, others clearly hated it. In the end, the show "won" so all this debating is rather pointless. I'd rather see the thread die, then to just be a giant bitch-fest.

I'd rather discuss the eventual Season 2 and how it'll be here no sooner than October 2011 :cry:

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Actually, it seems to be the driving point for some people in this thread. At least those that have complained the loudest (Boba Fett springs to mind).

Most of the disappointment seems to stem from either the show being different in expectations or just nitpicking so many little things.

I'm not here to have a "debate" I clearly loved the show, others clearly hated it. In the end, the show "won" so all this debating is rather pointless. I'd rather see the thread die, then to just be a giant bitch-fest.

I'd rather discuss the eventual Season 2 and how it'll be here no sooner than October 2011 :cry:[/QUOTE]

Was there a competition going on I was unaware of? How does one "win" a discussion of a tv show? Some of you are really taking this far too seriously. I am clearly not on the same level many of you are. For me it was just a tv show.

Why is it that people have to absolutely love something or flat out loathe it. Like there is no in between. You cant want a show to do well yet still have valid criticisms.

I hope this isnt the way you people treat each other.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Was there a competition going on I was unaware of? How does one "win" a discussion of a tv show?[/QUOTE]

I think he is referring to the show being successful and set for season 2.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I'm not here to have a "debate" I clearly loved the show, others clearly hated it. In the end, the show "won" so all this debating is rather pointless. I'd rather see the thread die, then to just be a giant bitch-fest.[/QUOTE]dude debate is everything. Hate the show, love the show it's gonna be on the air for a second season. It'll probably win a golden globe or whatever. and maybe some of us are getting a little too intense of the projected population of zombies but without debate there's no point in speaking on it at all. Second season will arrive when it arrives and we can't make it come faster.

If you don't want to debate that's one thing... but with a conspicuous lack of info about the second season. If you're not here to debate/discuss/query then what else is there?

A lot of you probably won't want to turn in for season 2 if you didn't like or understand season 1 (note I'm not saying those two are together):

Here is a snippet of IGN's interview with executive producer Robert Kirkman:

IGN: Fans of the comic book series might be familiar with it, but do you think that it was a risky move to have a finale with hardly any zombies in it? From a TV standpoint?

Kirkman: Maybe, but I think we got to that point, where we focused more on the people, very quickly in this series and it's something that the comic book has been able to do fairly well too. The show has always been about the human characters and the zombies are just a backdrop. I think this sixth episode being largely zombie-free is a good example of the kind range that the series is going to be showing as time goes on. I think that most people would agree that, despite it being fairly zombie-free, it was still a compelling episode of television. Moving forward, I'm always excited about doing issues of the comic books that are zombie-free because that's the stuff that really interests me. Making sure that the comic is compelling enough to survive without the zombies. And so I think there'll be, looking ahead, the odd episode every now and again that has no zombies in it at all. And if we're doing our job right on the show, and I think that we are, people won't even notice.
Full interview here, but beware it contains some spoilers related to the comic and what things will and won't be crossing over to television.

I'm not looking for a Michael Bay zombie TV show, but I don't want a soap opera either.

I understand it's about the characters, but theres gotta be zombies.

[quote name='kodave']And so I think there'll be, looking ahead, the odd episode every now and again that has no zombies in it at all. And if we're doing our job right on the show, and I think that we are, people won't even notice.[/QUOTE]
Lol, well it's fairly obvious just from the discussion here people DO notice because it's fucking DULL. What a moron.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I'm not looking for a Michael Bay zombie TV show, but I don't want a soap opera either.

I understand it's about the characters, but theres gotta be zombies.[/QUOTE]I'm not trying to bait you but dude you definitely don't want to be tuning in. This show is definitely shapping up to be more of a soap opera than a zombie show. Even though we're past where I am in the comics I don't see that changing very much. I expect this show to get very sappy and dreamy-eyed like say Vampire Diaries or Twilight. In college one of my friends point out that Wrestling is like a man's soap opera. WD is a man's Twilight. The same drama just in a more butch wrapper.

agree with Strell, though while I personally didn't actually notice, to expect the average viewer not to notice the lack of zombies is like expecting anyone to believe old people are the win-win solution to the mexican stand-off question.

[quote name='kodave']A lot of you probably won't want to turn in for season 2 if you didn't like or understand season 1 (note I'm not saying those two are together):

Here is a snippet of IGN's interview with executive producer Robert Kirkman:

Full interview here, but beware it contains some spoilers related to the comic and what things will and won't be crossing over to television.[/QUOTE]

damn that really sucks i see where hes trying to go with it but then if thasts the case why even bother connecting ti to the comic series? he should have just attached his name to a new series set in a world overrun by zombies or dealing with the living dead.

that way fans of the comic wont expect or hope for so much.though i wonder if that was really his intent from the beginning or if he had to do it because of budget issues. i suspect theyll end up in a mall in the second season. season 3 will be in an underground bunker. crap i bet theyll drag that whole love triangle thing out longer too.

[quote name='lokizz']damn that really sucks i see where hes trying to go with it but then if thasts the case why even bother connecting ti to the comic series? he should have just attached his name to a new series set in a world overrun by zombies or dealing with the living dead.

that way fans of the comic wont expect or hope for so much.though i wonder if that was really his intent from the beginning or if he had to do it because of budget issues. i suspect theyll end up in a mall in the second season. season 3 will be in an underground bunker. crap i bet theyll drag that whole love triangle thing out longer too.[/QUOTE]

That is the exact point I brought up earlier in this thread. You cant have it both ways and think you will sneak by without criticism.

You named it that so you could sponge off of the built in fan base of TWD most likely because you felt that the series by itself wouldnt stand. Which is true at least for me because if it wasnt called TWD I would have bailed on it after 3 episodes.

But then you want to pretend that its the viewers lack of an open mind that is the problem when you completely turn your back on the series and turn it into some MTV melodrama. Although I think most people here were extremely accepting the thought of not following the comic closely.

I guess I just never thought of the show as a soap opera at all, not even for one second. I mean it has characters with some inkling of depth if that's what people are saying. Never for a second does this show have close to the level of "soap opera" that a show like True Blood has for instance. The soap opera thing just seems way off base to me and quite frankly unfair.

Really it comes down to this for me, the people who dislike the show so far... I just don't know what they want the show to be. More like the comics, more action packed episodes with more zombies, more everyday struggle in dealing with the "end of the world" scenario, more broad scope viewpoints on the state of the world? I mean which is it?

[quote name='Wolfkin']I'm not trying to bait you but dude you definitely don't want to be tuning in. This show is definitely shapping up to be more of a soap opera than a zombie show. Even though we're past where I am in the comics I don't see that changing very much. I expect this show to get very sappy and dreamy-eyed like say Vampire Diaries or Twilight. In college one of my friends point out that Wrestling is like a man's soap opera. WD is a man's Twilight. The same drama just in a more butch wrapper.

agree with Strell, though while I personally didn't actually notice, to expect the average viewer not to notice the lack of zombies is like expecting anyone to believe old people are the win-win solution to the mexican stand-off question.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, I loved the first season. Granted, I loved the first season pilot a lot, lot more than I loved the other episodes, but I always made sure to watch the episodes. I just don't see the point of having a show about people living in a zombie apocalypse if, like he said, there'll be episodes where there won't even be zombies in there at all. The world has been overrun by the walking dead, don't you think they should...be in it?

I'm keeping an open mind about all of it, and I'll be sure to tune into Season 2, but if the producers just forget about the zombies when that's the main plot of the show, I'm afraid I might just forget about the show as well.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Keep in mind, I loved the first season. Granted, I loved the first season pilot a lot, lot more than I loved the other episodes, but I always made sure to watch the episodes. I just don't see the point of having a show about people living in a zombie apocalypse if, like he said, there'll be episodes where there won't even be zombies in there at all. The world has been overrun by the walking dead, don't you think they should...be in it?

I'm keeping an open mind about all of it, and I'll be sure to tune into Season 2, but if the producers just forget about the zombies when that's the main plot of the show, I'm afraid I might just forget about the show as well.[/QUOTE]

And how do you propose they interact with the zombies on a weekly basis? All you can do with zombies is have them surround, attack, and be killed or force the characters to find creative ways to escape. There's no intelligent back and forth like with other villains. There's no new schemes or methods of attack from zombies like other bad guys. And eventually you're going to run out of ways to creatively put the characters in situations where zombies will attack them without it being blatantly obvious certain things are only occurring to enable a zombie attack to happen.

The show is about people featuring zombies, not the other way around. That's not everyone's cup of tea and that's fine, but if you wanna watch zombies get their asses kicked you're going to be better off with a 90 minute zombie movie than you are with with a television series that has to drag out the basic zombie premise over the course of 6 or 12 hour long episodes.

And whats with all the "soap opera" comments (not from the poster quoted here but from other people). You people do know that a zombie show could be what's called - wait for it - a DRAMA. Which is essentially what its been. Drama and suspense in a world of zombies. Yeah the love triangle may end up being "soap opera-ish" but just about everything else has been well done drama without sinking into the world of being cheesy.

From the people who think the show should focus more on zombies and less on the humans and the drama between them, could you guys suggest what kind of storylines you want to see or how you would have done the first season differently?

And for the other people de-crying the lack of zombies and calling the executive producer and idiot and that no one will notice - you're just wrong. The ratings for the show are insanely high and more people tuned in as it went along. Clearly the masses don't mind if there's not zombies being decapitated EVERY episode. For me, something like Shane beating the piss out of Ed (the wife beater) at the end of that one episode was a million times more interesting and rewarding than Shane blowing off some zombie's head. And at the same time, when the zombies invaded the camp, that fight was just as epic. Its all about a balance and it doesn't need to be some kind of 50/50 split each episode.

[quote name='kodave']And how do you propose they interact with the zombies on a weekly basis? All you can do with zombies is have them surround, attack, and be killed or force the characters to find creative ways to escape. There's no intelligent back and forth like with other villains. There's no new schemes or methods of attack from zombies like other bad guys. And eventually you're going to run out of ways to creatively put the characters in situations where zombies will attack them without it being blatantly obvious certain things are only occurring to enable a zombie attack to happen.

The show is about people featuring zombies, not the other way around. That's not everyone's cup of tea and that's fine, but if you wanna watch zombies get their asses kicked you're going to be better off with a 90 minute zombie movie than you are with with a television series that has to drag out the basic zombie premise over the course of 6 or 12 hour long episodes.

And whats with all the "soap opera" comments (not from the poster quoted here but from other people). You people do know that a zombie show could be what's called - wait for it - a DRAMA. Which is essentially what its been. Drama and suspense in a world of zombies. Yeah the love triangle may end up being "soap opera-ish" but just about everything else has been well done drama without sinking into the world of being cheesy.

From the people who think the show should focus more on zombies and less on the humans and the drama between them, could you guys suggest what kind of storylines you want to see or how you would have done the first season differently?

And for the other people de-crying the lack of zombies and calling the executive producer and idiot and that no one will notice - you're just wrong. The ratings for the show are insanely high and more people tuned in as it went along. Clearly the masses don't mind if there's not zombies being decapitated EVERY episode. For me, something like Shane beating the piss out of Ed (the wife beater) at the end of that one episode was a million times more interesting and rewarding than Shane blowing off some zombie's head.[/QUOTE]

Well hot damn. Touché!

naw it's perfectly logical to expect Zombies in the show. But you could totally turn this into a type of show that's about the emotions and what have you and completely almost ignore the zombies.

Personally I'm probably with you on this one. It wasn't bad but I hope they don't trend towards zombie-less episodes. One episode in six is a big chunk.. but if it's say one episode in 13 or 20 that's much less of a loss.

I may have started the soap thing and what I was trying to do was convey a sense of what the show is.
When you say 'drama' in general there's a wide area for interpretation. Chuck, Supernatural, Make it or Break it, Greek, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries: to an extent those could all be drama. When you say drama people could go anywhere in the spectrum. 'Soap' was meant to imply a show where the stories are about people, their emotional ties and relationship etc. it was hyperbole to the extent that soaps traditionally are zero action.

[quote name='Wolfkin']naw it's perfectly logical to expect Zombies in the show. But you could totally turn this into a type of show that's about the emotions and what have you and completely almost ignore the zombies.

Personally I'm probably with you on this one. It wasn't bad but I hope they don't trend towards zombie-less episodes. One episode in six is a big chunk.. but if it's say one episode in 13 or 20 that's much less of a loss.

I may have started the soap thing and what I was trying to do was convey a sense of what the show is.
When you say 'drama' in general there's a wide area for interpretation. Chuck, Supernatural, Make it or Break it, Greek, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries: to an extent those could all be drama. When you say drama people could go anywhere in the spectrum. 'Soap' was meant to imply a show where the stories are about people, their emotional ties and relationship etc. it was hyperbole to the extent that soaps traditionally are zero action.
[/QUOTE]

For anyone interested, here are the episodes, the ratings, and a brief summary of how much zombie shenanigans went on:

Episode 1 - "Days Gone Bye" - 5.35 million - Zombies everywhere, zombies in small town, zombie-wife needing to be killed, zombie swarm in Atlanta
Episode 2 - "Guts" - 4.71 million - Zombie swarm in Atlanta trying to break into department store, characters cover themselves in zombie remains to blend in when walking among zombies, uses car alarm to provide distraction from zombies for escape
Episode 3 - "Tell It to the Frogs" - 5.07 million - Some zombies when the group goes back to Atlanta to try and rescue Merle
Episode 4 - "Vatos" - 4.75 million - Some zombies in Atlanta, group of zombies attacks camp site
Episode 5 - "Wildfire" - 5.56 million - Waiting for Amy to become a zombie, trying to decide what to do with Jim before he becomes a zombie, some zombies begin to get close to the CDC
Episode 6 - "TS-19" -5.97 million - Zombies being killed by army in flashback, some zombies outside of the CDC when the group leaves

The first episode had plenty of zombies, scores high rating. The second episode has just as many zombies, scores lower rating than the first. Third episode features very few zombies, the rating rises. The fourth episode featuring the big zombie attack at the end sees the ratings sink. The final two episodes arguably featuring the least amount of zombies score the highest ratings.

I don't think the viewership is seeing any problem with the number of zombies or zombie related scenes. It appears people are watching because the other drama and storylines are keeping them drawn in. I'm pretty sure that if they keep the zombie-to-other-stories ratio as it is, they'll be just fine.

Come on guys the amount of zombies is fine. Part of the effect of zombies is knowing a mass of them is all around and knowing they could come out of nowhere at any time and attack. It's the dread, the anticipation. Too much zombies hurts the show in a few ways: non-horror fans will get tired of zombie attack, OMG!, bury the dead, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat, then they'll run out of ammo super fast and then the show will have to keep accounting for them finding more all the time cause they sure as hell can't defend against a big attack with axes and bats, from a "realism" standpoint they're mostly civies who will not do well in combat and they'd end up shooting eachother in a ruckus plus if they are fighting all the time more have to die faster to be "real", it's hard to build character depth when all you are doing is running and fighting and dying quickly. Building that depth makes a death or success even more meaningful. I'll give that the show has been a little slow and some writing has been off, but it's been on much more of the time and a fun show to watch.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Come on guys the amount of zombies is fine. Part of the effect of zombies is knowing a mass of them is all around and knowing they could come out of nowhere at any time and attack. It's the dread, the anticipation. Too much zombies hurts the show in a few ways: non-horror fans will get tired of zombie attack, OMG!, bury the dead, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat, then they'll run out of ammo super fast and then the show will have to keep accounting for them finding more all the time cause they sure as hell can't defend against a big attack with axes and bats, from a "realism" standpoint they're mostly civies who will not do well in combat and they'd end up shooting eachother in a ruckus plus if they are fighting all the time more have to die faster to be "real", it's hard to build character depth when all you are doing is running and fighting and dying quickly. Building that depth makes a death or success even more meaningful. I'll give that the show has been a little slow and some writing has been off, but it's been on much more of the time and a fun show to watch.[/QUOTE]I don't know if you read manga but that reminds me of Gantz. It's a great series one of the more interesting aspects is that it's basically like Running Man. Except when the game starts anyone can die. and oftentimes they do. I think the first time there were a handful, then it dropped to 3, then it dropped to 1. Each round they get a new pack but people just die. except for the main character. This isn't particularly on-topic but I was just thinking it so I thought i'd share.

The show actually set a record for viewership in the hardest market to capture, basically people same elusive 18-35 group that is basically called the "gamer market" because that's why they're so hard to get viewing TV shows: because they're playing games instead.

This show will definitely be on for quite a few seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if AMC greenlighted S3 before S2 even airs.

I love how, in the finale, there was a commerical for AMC HD. They said to "call your local cable or satellite provider" to inquire about it. I've fucking called and e-mailed DirecTV several times, and there is still no answer about when they'll finally spend the money and offer the channel to their customers. Complete fucking bullshit!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']The show actually set a record for viewership in the hardest market to capture, basically people same elusive 18-35 group that is basically called the "gamer market" because that's why they're so hard to get viewing TV shows: because they're playing games instead.[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention that. I would often drop what ever game I was playing to watch it. It's probably a video game advertisers dream.

[quote name='shieryda']I love how, in the finale, there was a commerical for AMC HD. They said to "call your local cable or satellite provider" to inquire about it. I've fucking called and e-mailed DirecTV several times, and there is still no answer about when they'll finally spend the money and offer the channel to their customers. Complete fucking bullshit![/QUOTE]

Man do I feel your pain on this one. DirecTV needs to get their shit together and offer AMC in HD.

Walking Dead was just nominated for a golden globe for best drama.

[quote name='Rodimus']Funny you mention that. I would often drop what ever game I was playing to watch it. It's probably a video game advertisers dream.[/QUOTE]Ditto, for this and The Wire which Directv is airing on the 101 as I never saw it on HBO. I like how Undead Nightmare was advertised in it and the car commercial with zombies. Surprised there weren't more game commercials.

[quote name='cgarb84']Man do I feel your pain on this one. DirecTV needs to get their shit together and offer AMC in HD.[/QUOTE]Amen. I was surprised when I found out at the first episode. I need to starting netflixing Breaking Bad and Mad Men as I missed the starts of those.

[quote name='shieryda']I love how, in the finale, there was a commerical for AMC HD. They said to "call your local cable or satellite provider" to inquire about it. I've fucking called and e-mailed DirecTV several times, and there is still no answer about when they'll finally spend the money and offer the channel to their customers. Complete fucking bullshit![/QUOTE]

Oh man that sucks! Time Warner in my area has had it since Breaking Bad Season 3 aired last Spring.

Yeah, Direct needs to get their asses in gear. I hate seeing those "tell your provider..." commercials.

Source
Walking Dead Gets Glen Mazzara, Confirms Writing Staff

yada yada yada permanent writers. and whatever. the important part to me is
the second season which will run for thirteen episodes compared to the first season of six
That's perfect. All i was asking for was more than 6 episodes. maybe 13 or so and that's what they're giving me.

That is great product placement. You will be wondering if your loved one that just passed and start to wonder if they will come back from the dead. Then that will get you to thinking about the show. So when does this come back on?

[quote name='mission42']Awesome news, last season was just a tease. I can't imagine it will last 10 seasons but even a 4 or 5 season run would be good if they can keep up the writing without it getting stale. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I can imagine it going ten seasons. I picked up the first compendium and there's 1088 pages. What season one covered was finished after about 200 pages. Season two won't even get to a certain character, they're saving it for season three (and possibly four).

For those that have read the novels,
this season deals with Herschel's farm and possibly finding the prison. They won't get to Woodbury and the Governor until season three. I really hope they introduce Michonne this season!

bread's done
Back