AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

[quote name='Dokstarr']I guess I'm in the minority but I've found maybe the last year of the comic a little slow. Maybe it's I just don't care about the new characters
or when they get an arrow through the eye

The only new one I'm kind of feeling and hoping gets some more time is Eugene.

I also feel like some characters were underused like the Dad w/ the kid.

Has there been any talk on if they plan to end the comic at any point? Maybe it will pick up for me again in a little bit, kind of like Invincible. Invincible felt like it really slowed down after the end of the big war, but I like the way it is going these days.[/QUOTE]
It's not just you. I've hated the last couple of years of the comics. I kind of wish they would kill off Rick at some point, but I doubt that will happen.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It's not just you. I've hated the last couple of years of the comics. I kind of wish they would kill off Rick at some point, but I doubt that will happen.[/QUOTE]

itll happen eventually i figure carl and sophia will be the last ones standing from that group being that theyve lived that world so long theyve adjusted to it.

Awesome new trailer, looks like they'll definitely be ramping up the action. And I love that they're building up a showdown between Rick and the Governor for possession of the prison.

Just based on the trailer, it looks like this season will be much more focused, which is definitely a good thing. Can't wait for October!

[quote name='slidecage']so the entire season 3 will be the prison then the cliffhanger will be leaving the prison at the end of season 3 ....

blah

also if they never go back into town like they just happen to have enough ammo to clear out the prison[/QUOTE]

Eh, if they try to follow the comics a bit more this time, they'll be in the prison until at least season 5. I think the prison is the longest story arc in the entire comic. Also.... why won't they introduce Tyrese to the show :( If Kirkman says that T-Dawg is his replacement I'm gonna flip a table.

[quote name='slidecage']so the entire season 3 will be the prison then the cliffhanger will be leaving the prison at the end of season 3 ....

blah[/QUOTE]

If you've read the graphic novels, you'd know that
leaving the prison would not be a "blah" cliffhanger.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']If Kirkman says that T-Dawg is his replacement I'm gonna flip a table.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but T-Dawg might actually develop into a character this season (as opposed to the designated shotgun fetcher) because of a certain character returning.

Is it just me or did that entire season 3 trailer look like it was from one episode? I get the feeling that we are in for another extremely long drawn out season where nothing really happens for huge periods of time.

But I am excited of the prospect of the Prison which is the first and best plot point in the comic.

I don't think anything will be more drawn out then Hershell's farm and the search for Sofia. This season looks like more zombies and action. Maybe they listened to the fans this time. I'm excited for Season 3. Too bad this isn't on HBO.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It's not just you. I've hated the last couple of years of the comics. I kind of wish they would kill off Rick at some point, but I doubt that will happen.[/QUOTE]

Possible Walking Dead Comic Spoiler for issue #103...
103.jpg

It is a new beginning for THE WALKING DEAD. Rick Grimes is no longer in charge, and nothing will ever be the same again

If you read #100, you already know how bad this could end up.

you know what this movie really needs

VAMPIRE ZOMBIES :)

now that would be AWESOME

(no it wouldnt check out the dead undead) to know what i mean LOL that movie was so bad it was funny)

i doubt they would make the prison last more then a season it would be boring as hell if they were there more then one season (then again they were on a island on lost for what 6 LOL)

and where the hell did they find enough ammo to clear out a prison (unless they find all of the guns in the jail)

Slide I have no idea what you are talking about but if you want a show with multiple supernatural creatures try watching ''Death Valley''.

[quote name='GUNNM']Slide I have no idea what you are talking about but if you want a show with multiple supernatural creatures try watching ''Death Valley''.[/QUOTE]

no it was a very bad joke... saw that awful movie the other week and it was so bad it was just funny...vampire zombies (caught the zombie virus from drinking mad cow blood ) man that movie was awful.

one thing though ...they could move a hell of a lot faster then some of the people in this show

Ugh...looks like another "8 & 8" season AMC likes to dick us around with. Heard they're taking a whole fucking year between the two halves of the Breaking Bad finale season.

[quote name='Vicious Vixen']Can't wait. Sick of the BS that is on TV right now.[/QUOTE]

What?

Burn Notice
Suits
Futurama
Royal Pains

Looking forward to Walking Dead.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Waiting for season 2 to show up on Netflix. Enjoyed season one.[/QUOTE]

Any word when that will be happening?

[quote name='TTGSteve']Any word when that will be happening?[/QUOTE]

DVDs come out next Tuesday and the new season starts on October 14. Season 1 was on netflix 1 week before season 2 began, so probably Oct 7.

I don't know how far they are in shooting this season, but Herschel may meet an early demise. Scott Wilson got a dui the other day. When asked to do a field sobriety test, he offered to do yoga poses... I wonder how forgiving the show runners will be.

I found season 1 to be paced well, and like many season 2 was ridiculously slow. Season 1 covered 6 issues of the comic in 6 episodes which I thought worked. Season 2 also covered 6 issues of the comic, except it was 13 friggin' episodes. Given that the prison story arc is 36 issues of the comic, I think 2 seasons in the prison would still be reasonable as there is plenty of source material. However, introducing Michonne early tells me they are likely going to be ramping up the pace. We shall see though, I am very excited.

Not sure if this was ever mentioned in here, but in getting completely caught up with the comics last week, I saw a letter at the end of an issue asking if T-Dawg was a replacement for Tyreese. The response Kirkman gave was "No. Completely different character." Now, that really just begs the question if Tyreese will even be on the show. But at least none of us have to worry about "Fetch the Shotgun" going into a phone booth and changing into him somehow, lol.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not sure if this was ever mentioned in here, but in getting completely caught up with the comics last week, I saw a letter at the end of an issue asking if T-Dawg was a replacement for Tyreese. The response Kirkman gave was "No. Completely different character." Now, that really just begs the question if Tyreese will even be on the show. But at least none of us have to worry about "Fetch the Shotgun" going into a phone booth and changing into him somehow, lol.[/QUOTE]

Cool to see another reader of the comic here. TWD has been my gateway drug for comics, and the addiction is getting hard to feed.

That prison cleaning scene is some straight-up Quarantine style shit. Looks like it'll top the farm escape. Hershel better have his infinite ammo code still active.

Anyone think they are going to
cut off Rick's hand? Or do you think that Merle hand is going to be all the tribute we get to that?

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Anyone think they are going to
cut off Rick's hand? Or do you think that Merle hand is going to be all the tribute we get to that?
[/QUOTE]
Yes. I wish I was famous and got advanced copies of the episodes.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Anyone think they are going to
[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. In an interview, Kirkman said
in hindsight he regrets making the decision to slice Rick's hand off.

[quote name='Sway']I know it's not the show but The Walking Dead Compendium 2 comes out tomorrow. It contains issues #49-96. Not sure why Amazon shows it releasing on 10/16.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought the first compendium just from liking the show, my first comic book ever. A few months later, I now realize that was a gateway drug to comic books.

I like 1-48 more than 49-96, but 97-102 have been a little better and I can not wait to see how the current arc ends.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I don't think so. In an interview, Kirkman said
in hindsight he regrets making the decision to slice Rick's hand off.
[/QUOTE]

Probably because it makes it so much harder to write for things for Rick to do. I like it. Shows that literally no one is safe, except for Michonne, because she's a badass.

bread's done
Back