AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

[quote name='slidecage']60 seems very high for a comic book[/QUOTE]

Not really when you consider just how many issues it has in it.

It's only $36 at Amazon. My closest Barnes and Noble doesn't have it in stock at the moment but the online price for them is about the same. I think it could be ordered for instore pickup for that price if a store near you had it. The only way you'll pay $60 is if you go down to the Android's Dungeon to get it.

I am really hoping there will be some sort of world status update. There is no way the infection has hit the every population on the planet.

It's too bad Dr. Jenner didn't give Rick some sort of data drive containing what he know's so far to be given to other doctor's.

I also have the feeling that somehow the baby will have something in it's blood needed to fight the infection....now that would be interesting.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am really hoping there will be some sort of world status update. There is no way the infection has hit the every population on the planet. [/QUOTE]
I wouldn't like that. One of the things I like about comic is that the story is more about this group and what they are dealing with, not with the how/why of the zombies themselves. I know the show and comic are different animals but I believe the same narrative is at play. The zombies aren't truly the focus, just a device used to examine human nature. If they bring in how the rest of the world is doing and what their status is I believe it takes the shift off of the characters, no matter how much we may disagree with how things are done with them, it begins to change the point of the story itself. You bring in the rest of the world and I believe that you'll start seeing the shift over to why are they spared, what do they know about the zombies, and so on. This is all personal opinion of course.

[quote name='slidecage']60 seems very high for a comic book[/QUOTE]

Not everyone's cup of tea, but comixology has all the digital issues for .99 this weekend, and all the trade paper backs digital for 4.99.

If you love reading comics on your tablet and having them anywhere like I do, getting the first 96 issues for $80 is a pretty great deal.

Watching reruns being aired right now and it still makes me lol how horribly written and executed dales death was, so fucking awful. :rofl:

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am really hoping there will be some sort of world status update. There is no way the infection has hit the every population on the planet.

It's too bad Dr. Jenner didn't give Rick some sort of data drive containing what he know's so far to be given to other doctor's.

I also have the feeling that somehow the baby will have something in it's blood needed to fight the infection....now that would be interesting.[/QUOTE]

it could if the infection started before the baby was born... really dont know when the infection started . could of started a year ago when everyone got infected

then they will be a major fight for the baby since it holds the CURE ..... Please dont let this be cause then it would be really lame LOL ..

The walking dead season 4 .... baby is the cure LOL

[quote name='WV Matsui']Wow that was a great premier!

Please remind me the significance of the zombies Michonne tows around??[/QUOTE]

I believe it's the odor they give off, helps camouflage her

[quote name='WV Matsui']Wow that was a great premier!

Please remind me the significance of the zombies Michonne tows around??[/QUOTE]

I noticed that she had some bags strapped to them at the end of the episode. Maybe they're her pack mules.

Anyone here watch homeland too? I love sunday nights. Walking dead, followed by homeland. And today, both shows were intense! INTENSE!

fuck I can't wait for next week!

Was there time skip like this in the comics?, don't remember. As far a lot shit that happened this episode -sigh- or face palm, I'm trying to pick. Did chuckle at how bad those actors in the police suits played zombies.

Wow...

I really didn't expect
Hershel to be bitten...but then again the group should have hit every body in the head......
I got the chills when Lori mentioned that the baby could be dead and could come back as a zombie and eat the mother.......a disturbing scene popped in my head but to be honest, that is one way to kill off Lori...either death by zombie baby or death by giving child birth to zombie baby.

I kinda gave a chuckle to the armored zombies....... felt like a video game to me lol. But they were covered up pretty much, then how did those guards die and become zombies? With the gear they had, they could have held off bites/scratches.

[quote name='renique46']Was there time skip like this in the comics?, don't remember. As far a lot shit that happened this episode -sigh- or face palm, I'm trying to pick. Did chuckle at how bad those actors in the police suits played zombies.[/QUOTE]

The comics show their Winter trudge while the show mentions it in a single line from Rick. They find a suburban development and begin to settle in before realizing it's not as deserted as they first thought and they're overrun. They also come across more survivors in the comics while traveling on the road.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Wow...

I really didn't expect
Hershel to be bitten...but then again the group should have hit every body in the head......
I got the chills when Lori mentioned that the baby could be dead and could come back as a zombie and eat the mother.......a disturbing scene popped in my head but to be honest, that is one way to kill off Lori...either death by zombie baby or death by giving child birth to zombie baby.

I kinda gave a chuckle to the armored zombies....... felt like a video game to me lol. But they were covered up pretty much, then how did those guards die and become zombies? With the gear they had, they could have held off bites/scratches.
[/QUOTE]

Now that they've mentioned it, I doubt they'll use it, but it would be an interesting plot point.

I really didn't expect

[/QUOTE]

Or she could just get a bullet through her and the baby (post birth) when the governor comes to the prison.

Poor Carol, shes the only one to not have an aim bot, and she had the automatic no less. Even Carl got the Tower handgun sniper haxx.

Also,

The way Hershel got bit reminds me of the bullshit game play mechanics of Resident Evil 6 where you see zombies all over the place and you shoot them kick them knife them do whatever you want and nothing happens. So you think ok nothing to worry about, only to have a door open magically trigger them all to come alive :roll:.

Almost everyone walked by that zombie well within grabbing range and nothing happens then for the sake of the plot now he just happens to come alive the moment Hershel comes back across him after playing possum.

Also lol @ the Epic fail of their explore the prison plan. In Phalanx formation trying to be bad asses in riot gear and still allowed themselves for Zombies to get the drop on them coming from the direction they already checked and marked with spray paint ,and they get separated on top of that.

Props to Rick for making that suppressor out of a flashlight. I was wondering when they would try to make some for their weapons to solve that whole gunshot = Zombie spidey sense problem.

I really didn't expect

[/QUOTE]

there was a movie years ago where the baby was already dead and ate their way out (did not show it , it was at the end of the movie) cant recall the name though

[quote name='ITDEFX']
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I was watching the show and had the same thought, except
without knowing the number of guards there is a possibility there was what they thought was small riot and a handful of guards got bitten. They say fuck this shit and go on put on their armor after getting bit. A stretch I know but it would be the only logical reason there would be zombies in body armor. It made me laugh too.

The other thing that bugged me was that you are so worried about bites, let's shove our hands in their mouths to get to the brain. At least let someone with gloves do it, not the chick in tank top and no gloves or anything covering her hand. I may have mistook where she was stabbing them through but it looked like she was going right through the mouth.

New questions arise:
What's that new goo on the guard zombies? So pretty much it's agreed that the walker virus is restricted to humans and no animals are infected? I was like you sure you want to eat that Owl? I know they are all infected.

[quote name='JP']Yeah I was watching the show and had the same thought, except
without knowing the number of guards there is a possibility there was what they thought was small riot and a handful of guards got bitten. They say fuck this shit and go on put on their armor after getting bit. A stretch I know but it would be the only logical reason there would be zombies in body armor. It made me laugh too.

The other thing that bugged me was that you are so worried about bites, let's shove our hands in their mouths to get to the brain. At least let someone with gloves do it, not the chick in tank top and no gloves or anything covering her hand. I may have mistook where she was stabbing them through but it looked like she was going right through the mouth.
[/QUOTE]

unless they ran out of food and died or died in some other way after putting the suits on (shoved down stairs . killed by the prisioners ect ect ect

[quote name='slidecage']unless they ran out of food and died or died in some other way after putting the suits on (shoved down stairs . killed by the prisioners ect ect ect[/QUOTE]
That's true. I keep forgetting that fact.

I thought the point of the prison was to hold out for the winter. It seems like they just skipped all of the winter and are now in the spring/early summer.

I really didn't expect

[/QUOTE]

I was surprised by that myself.
I really thought it was a little early. I thought he would be bitten this season but I really did not expect it in episode one. I was thinking they would give him 3 or 4 episodes into it. I need to read up on the comics as now I'm wondering how they kill him off in them.

Also Lori and the zombie baby reminds me of the 2004 Dawn of the Dead. I have read that she bites the dust in the comics. Like with Hershel I'm interested in seeing how it is different from the show.

As for the zombie guards I liked that. Their reaction when Daryl shot one with the arrow was great. It was as though they all thought they might be able to take the prison and then all hope came crashing down. I also liked when the gas mask was pulled from the one.

Compendium 1 ends where season 3 should/will end, just a heads up.

Compendium 2 will take you through probably seasons four and five. I'm up through this point myself.

TPB Vol 17, which will cover issues 97 through 102, comes out December 4th. You can preorder it now for $9.07

So a buddy of mine trolled me into watching this episode saying it was amazing and since I skipped all last season, I figured maybe it was a good time for a fresh start. While I will say the show is much better than where it left off season one, I was reminded exactly why I hated the show: the characters are still flat and uninteresting. The only guy I've ever really liked was the token redneck, but even he's pretty 2D. Right off the bat I was thinking, well who are all these new people but after a few seconds I realized it really didn't matter.

Seems like they have the right stuff now, but still not for me.

10.9 million people!

That was the number from last nights premier!

50% increase over S2 and this year no Dish Network!

Total numbers for the premier and two reruns at 10 and midnight were 15.2 million

Talking Dead was up as well 85% at 2.1 million

Hell yes!!!

I need to watch it again.

Pretty impressive especially considering they blocked out Dish. I'm going to be more interested in the midseason numbers to see if the crowd sticks around.

[quote name='sendme']
I thought the point of the prison was to hold out for the winter. It seems like they just skipped all of the winter and are now in the spring/early summer.
[/QUOTE]

i love to see it happen but i will probally never happen when Season 3 DVD HITS love to see a season 2.5 extra pack in what shows what happen during the winter months (or even some flashbacks)

with all the changes theyve made i hope
the black guy from back in ricks old town will show up with his kid alive that could be a cool bit of something especially watching the kid and carl working together

lori still an eternal bitch one minute you tell your husband to kill someone and when he does it to protect himself you hate him for it. if their relationship isnt the shining example of how crazy women can be i dont know what is.now she feels so alone and unloved lol.

When you think about it, Hershel should have stayed behind or at least protected better seeing as hows hes the only Doctor in the group he would be top priority, but i guess since Jeffrey DeMunn left the show they gave Hershel that part of the story.

Since this is the first time I am watching the show as it airs vs netflix streaming I am curious, does the mid season episode end with a cliff hanger or some twist?

If so, this is what I think is gonna happen
-Like the other guy said I think the black guy and his kid from season one is gonna show up.

-Lori gives birth prematurely ...to a walker baby.....that would probably be the most disturbing birth since the hybrid birth season from the 80's tv show "V".

-more walkers come because they heard the gun shots from the attack on the prison.

-I also think Hershel is either dead in the next few episodes... none of the previews are showing him.....hmmm..

I think the group should have just kept up with the yelling and stab em through the fence method instead of putting themselves in immediate danger. Of course, that would make for boring television.

As for the zombie guards, Glen Mazarra was on Talking Dead last night and pretty much gave a non-answer as to how those guards became zombies. I think the conversation he mentioned that he had with someone else went along the lines of "Have you seen zombie guards before? No? Ok, let's do it." Chris Hardwick acknowledged it was a video game thing to have them.

I hate the cliche that a suppressor will quiet a hand gun that much. It would still make a hell of a sound a zombie would hear. Granted it's cool but one of those cliches I hate.

I thought I heard/saw in season 2 that the black guy and his child were dead. Im probably way way off and wrong though.

My opinion of the guards
is that since everyone is already infected all it takes is death not necessarily being bitten, so I am thinking that they probably starved to death then re-animated.

For the comic readers
I believe they are going to pay tribute to Dale in the comics and have Herchel survive with a prosthetic leg to die another day.

Oh, another season of The Walking Dead, another page of complaints from people who don't pay attention.
"Zombie guards in riot gear...huh huh...so stupid...uh huh huh..." It's not like we haven't been told numerous times now that you don't have to be bitten to turn. Everyone is infected. Starving to death may seem unlikely, but any guard who got pinned down in a room surrounded by walkers may have suffered that fate.

Or as mentioned, it's even possible that they did in fact suffer a bite/scratch while checking out what the hell was going on, and THEN put their gear on, only to die of infection. These are not ground breaking explanations. Just proves that people love to bitch about the show no matter what. No zombies = "show is boring". Lots of zombies = "show is unrealistic". And yet you keep watching...

[quote name='ced']Pretty impressive especially considering they blocked out Dish. I'm going to be more interested in the midseason numbers to see if the crowd sticks around.[/QUOTE]They didn't block out Dish. Dish is playing hardball on redistribution contract terms. They've done it repeatedly with different companies most recently with the secondary Fox channels (FX, regional Foxsports, Foxnews) PeachtreeTV (the local version of TBS in Atlanta) and Gannett which owns
a bunch of local affiliates mostly in upper markets. Oftentimes stations go off the air on Dish because of this tactic. Gannett reached a deal with them just before this would occur, but this is the longest Dish has had a major cable network off the air.

Anyway, last I heard Dish is around 13% of the viewer share which is the smallest of nationwide providers by a good measure, so the total number wouldn't change that much once potential lost Dish viewers were added in.

[quote name='Sway']I think the group should have just kept up with the yelling and stab em through the fence method instead of putting themselves in immediate danger. Of course, that would make for boring television.

As for the zombie guards, Glen Mazarra was on Talking Dead last night and pretty much gave a non-answer as to how those guards became zombies. I think the conversation he mentioned that he had with someone else went along the lines of "Have you seen zombie guards before? No? Ok, let's do it." Chris Hardwick acknowledged it was a video game thing to have them.[/QUOTE]Your first paragraph summarizes my thoughts exactly. It would be much smarter and safer to draw them to the fence and safely execute the bastards. Maybe send people in to draw more zombies over when they run out. But that would be much more boring.

As far as the guards go, those riot suits aren't made of iron. Alot of areas are just fabric and easy to bite through or apparently scratches matter and that would be easy too when there's chaos of a riot type of situation and mass people running all about with zombies all over. Not to mention the neck is easily exposed. An overwhelming flood of zombies would find a vulnerable place on those armored guards. Mazarra referenced it was probably that type of riot situation.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I hate the cliche that a suppressor will quiet a hand gun that much. It would still make a hell of a sound a zombie would hear. Granted it's cool but one of those cliches I hate.

I thought I heard/saw in season 2 that the black guy and his child were dead. Im probably way way off and wrong though.
[/QUOTE]The last mention of them was Rick talking to him over the walkie talkie hoping he'd hear him near the end of season one wasn't it? I liked that guy in Jericho and Human Target so I was excited when he showed up and figured he'd be back soon, but i guess not.

As for Herschel,
this is a real life spoiler: He was arrested for DUI a few months back after they had been filming season three for at least a few weeks so in theory he at least lasts a few episodes. Although the actor's mom lives in the area so he could just have hung around for a bit to see her when it happened.

I have not seen the Myst since it came out on DVD, but last night Sci-Fi was playing it. I was surprised to see 3 people from the cast of The Walking Dead. Jeffrey DeMunn, Laurie Holden, and Melissa McBride are all in it. However I shouldn't be that surprised because Frank Darabont wrote and directed it. It also seems like L.A. Noir is where the cast go after they were killed on The Walking Dead.

The problem with the show as the producers mentioned is that eventually the audience will realize that everyone is going to die and there is no way out of this mess. I think season 2 pretty much nailed it. I really can't believe the virus has spread so quickly within a short amount of time and no one can figure it out.

I wonder if they're going to have the
Thomas Richards character.
Didn't see anyone that looked like him when they all stood up in the kitchen.

[quote name='WV Matsui']10.9 million people!

That was the number from last nights premier!

50% increase over S2 and this year no Dish Network!

Total numbers for the premier and two reruns at 10 and midnight were 15.2 million

Talking Dead was up as well 85% at 2.1 million

Hell yes!!!

I need to watch it again.[/QUOTE]

More information:

It did a 5.8 in the 18-49 demo! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE FOR A CABLE SHOW! :hot: :shock:
Network TV would kill for a drama to pull these kind of numbers. Absolutely amazing!

Totally wiped out. Watched 4 of the final S2 episodes (my tivo crashed and caught them last week, finally sat to view them), then the S3 premiere, and somehow waded through 40 pages on this here topic. Lotsa gripes. I get it. But now I need a drink... or three! Can't wait for Sunday!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I hate the cliche that a suppressor will quiet a hand gun that much. It would still make a hell of a sound a zombie would hear. Granted it's cool but one of those cliches I hate.

[/QUOTE]

They come back in the comics. Rick goes and finds them. IIRC, his boy had turned already and the dad joind up with his group.

bread's done
Back