AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

[quote name='shieryda']I bet those 2 zombies that were with Michonne were relatives of hers.[/QUOTE]

thought someone said one was her boyfriend and the other was his friend

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Andrea literally throwing the pussy at the Governor was pretty ridiculous. You know next to nothing about the guy. Sheesh.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Glad I'm not the only one who thought Andrea literally throwing the pussy at the Governor was pretty ridiculous. You know next to nothing about the guy. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

It's not too ridiculous considering the fact in that kind of world you'd fuck whenever you can.

i think she wants to stay because of what she went through when the farm fell and apparently something happened while she was with michione they keep alluding to it a bit but dont go into it. she was never that strong of a character in the show so it makes sense shed be the first to want to buddy up to anyone in power so she can stay there.

that said after being alone in the woods i was hoping they were preparing her for her character turn like in the comics where she went from being
weak to ultra badass
. guess not.i think randy travis would have made a good governor lol.

Personally, I hope Carl dies. That kid is a worthless little bitch. He couldn't do anything in season 2 and now he can go off on his own and kill a couple of walkers? Doubt it. What, did he miraculously grow a pair of balls and then decide to man up? Eff that kid.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
The bite in zombie folklore is taken from real life transfers. Most professionals that deal with kids or the mentally disabled are trained in ways to not be bitten because a bite that breaks the skin transfers infections. You cant really transfer anything through a simple scratch. If someone with aids scratched you it doesnt give you instant aids.
[/QUOTE]
I think of it as the zombies fingernails are completely shredded from clawing random fences and whatnot. The blood coagulates around the parts and bits of it go into you when you get scratched. If someone with aids scratches you, you don't get aids, but what they are doing is the same thing as being blood brothers. Infected blood does turn them and
that is actually how Dale was supposed to die. Laughing at a bunch of cannibals sitting around a campfire eating his leg because he was bit and they were all just infected (although that brings up another argument entirely of can you cook infected meat, like say a deer a walker bit).

Did I need to spoiler that?

Dale died like a bitch in the show and that sucks, because he was Rick's moral compass. Although, its kind of fitting to see the two angels on his shoulder both die and now he truly is making all of the decisions for the group. I feel like Carl can die in the comics and it becomes a story about Rick's life literally falling apart around him and him continuing to be a shell of the man he was but everyone still is still depending on him to be.

[quote name='crushtopher']Personally, I hope Carl dies. That kid is a worthless little bitch. He couldn't do anything in season 2 and now he can go off on his own and kill a couple of walkers? Doubt it. What, did he miraculously grow a pair of balls and then decide to man up? Eff that kid.[/QUOTE]
You can't kill a kid on tv.

[quote name='Predator21281']I think of it as the zombies fingernails are completely shredded from clawing random fences and whatnot. The blood coagulates around the parts and bits of it go into you when you get scratched. If someone with aids scratches you, you don't get aids, but what they are doing is the same thing as being blood brothers. Infected blood does turn them and
that is actually how Dale was supposed to die. Laughing at a bunch of cannibals sitting around a campfire eating his leg because he was bit and they were all just infected (although that brings up another argument entirely of can you cook infected meat, like say a deer a walker bit).

Did I need to spoiler that?

Dale died like a bitch in the show and that sucks, because he was Rick's moral compass. Although, its kind of fitting to see the two angels on his shoulder both die and now he truly is making all of the decisions for the group. I feel like Carl can die in the comics and it becomes a story about Rick's life literally falling apart around him and him continuing to be a shell of the man he was but everyone still is still depending on him to be.

You can't kill a kid on tv.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't buy that response. I mean, look at what happened to Sophia. I'm sure there's a simple fix to get that kid off the show. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

[quote name='GUNNM']here's a reason why she wants to stay
it's the fucking apocalypse[/QUOTE]

No shit. As I'm watching I said to my wife, why would they even want to leave?

[quote name='crushtopher']Personally, I hope Carl dies. That kid is a worthless little bitch. He couldn't do anything in season 2 and now he can go off on his own and kill a couple of walkers? Doubt it. What, did he miraculously grow a pair of balls and then decide to man up? Eff that kid.[/QUOTE]

He was useless in Season 2 yes, but he's been stepping up this season. Going off to find supplies for Herschel, capping walkers on his own, and he was the one who had his gun trained on him the second he thought he turned. Apparently a lot happened between seasons that helped him develop as a character and a valuable member of the group, so I'm willing to his him some slack this time around.

I'd think shooting zombie Shane was a big step in "growing a pair" for Carl as well. On top of what ever happened over the months between seasons.

[quote name='Purple Flames']He was useless in Season 2 yes, but he's been stepping up this season. Going off to find supplies for Herschel, capping walkers on his own, and he was the one who had his gun trained on him the second he thought he turned. Apparently a lot happened between seasons that helped him develop as a character and a valuable member of the group, so I'm willing to his him some slack this time around.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think they've said somehting like 10 months have passed. And with Rick allowing him a bigger role in actually doing stuff that's plenty of time for him to become less of a useless idiot (although he's still apparently going off by himself, he's just not as useless now when he does it.)

It was constantly pissing me off when Carl would just randomly go off alone and cause chaos for the entire group.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']I agree. I think they've said somehting like 10 months have passed. And with Rick allowing him a bigger role in actually doing stuff that's plenty of time for him to become less of a useless idiot (although he's still apparently going off by himself, he's just not as useless now when he does it.)

It was constantly pissing me off when Carl would just randomly go off alone and cause chaos for the entire group.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I commend the writers for turning Carl's biggest flaw into a benefit this season.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Agreed. I commend the writers for turning Carl's biggest flaw into a benefit this season.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed how his mom didn't know what to say because yes, he went of alone, but he also got the job done and brough back supplies.

I imagine Rick is giving Carl a longer leash, at least in part, just to spite her.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']I agree. I think they've said somehting like 10 months have passed. And with Rick allowing him a bigger role in actually doing stuff that's plenty of time for him to become less of a useless idiot (although he's still apparently going off by himself, he's just not as useless now when he does it.)

It was constantly pissing me off when Carl would just randomly go off alone and cause chaos for the entire group.[/QUOTE]

7 months have passed. You folks know how pregnancy works, right? lol ;)

One thing that bugged me about the last episode: why did The Govenor kill those soldiers? I know we had to have a moment that showed how EEEEEVIL he really is but 1) the ending did a fine job of that and 2) that was a waste of perfectly good manpower. I get that he wanted their loot and all, but he could have had that plus a few extra hands to help around town.

Just felt like a case of Villain Ball to me.

[quote name='Purple Flames']One thing that bugged me about the last episode: why did The Govenor kill those soldiers? I know we had to have a moment that showed how EEEEEVIL he really is but 1) the ending did a fine job of that and 2) that was a waste of perfectly good manpower. I get that he wanted their loot and all, but he could have had that plus a few extra hands to help around town.

Just felt like a case of Villain Ball to me.[/QUOTE]

Small comics spoiler explaining his reasoning

In the comic he basically only kept enough men around for manpower. Any more than that and he had to share the women. He wanted their supplies but he didn't.

[quote name='Purple Flames']One thing that bugged me about the last episode: why did The Govenor kill those soldiers? I know we had to have a moment that showed how EEEEEVIL he really is but 1) the ending did a fine job of that and 2) that was a waste of perfectly good manpower. I get that he wanted their loot and all, but he could have had that plus a few extra hands to help around town.

Yeah, that was strange to me, as well. Guns and dudes who actually know how to use them? Why waste that precious commodity? At first, I was all like "Huh. This governor dude is actually not so bad." Then the massacre happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just wondering what exactly the governor is going to do now that he has the ability to "mask" his people from the walkers using walker heads? Escape? Go where?

Why run the risk of additional people getting in the way or going against what you're trying to do? Plus, by telling the lie he allowed the people in the town to feel more safe and secure which, in turn, gave him more power and control. No sense in messing with a good thing. If he continues to protect them and keep them safe he will become a God-like figure.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']7 months have passed. You folks know how pregnancy works, right? lol ;)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, duh. I thought I heard Andrea say something about 10 months.

God Damn. That episode was ridiculous. My favorite of the season so far. So many characters had amazing moments!

My thoughts (MASSIVE SPOILERS!)

Axel has proven himself to be an awesome character in a short time. He's solid. His mind is clear. I can't wait to see more of him!

Lori... good God. Even with the 360 she did from S2 to S3, I never thought I could like her. But she went out like a champ. Very emotional.

T-Dog. One of the most epic deaths of the series. fuckin' no hesitation! Just said, "I ain't dyin' for nothin'!" and charged those fuckin' zombies!

Carl. Another character that was annoying in S2, but not anywhere near as bad as Lori. Still, he's becoming very likable in this season and may end up having to stabilize his father.

I was terrified that the baby was going to come stillborn. A limp newborn is one of the most heart-wrenching things to see. I'm glad he/she pulled through. Overall, this episode is just perfect. The whole twist that the one prisoner was still alive and tried to sabotage Rick n' company was great. I think Axel has solidified his spot in the group now too, which is great to see.

wow

This has got to be the most disturbing episode I have seen on tv.

All this shit because one fucking prisoner decided to cause trouble for the entire group. I am glad the other prisoner decided to kill him off.

My wife and I actually cried. :cry: I was not expecting Lori to go into labor now.....maybe the mid season finale but not NOW.

To have Carl shoot his own mother....................wow ...truly shocking.

Too bad for T-dog. :( So I take it if you get bitten, and a walker eats you up/skins you, your not coming back as a walker period huh?

I really don't know how the group is going to survive this after this event. This is one big emotional blow to the group.

It's good that they went a different route with Judy than was done in the comic. It's not surprising though. Killing off a baby is exponentially more difficult to pull off for a TV audience then a comic audience. I actually stopped reading TWD for a while after Lori and Judy died. It was just such a horrible, depressing moment that I didn't want anything to do with that story for quite a while.

[quote name='neocisco']
It's good that they went a different route with Judy than was done in the comic. It's not surprising though. Killing off a baby is exponentially more difficult to pull off for a TV audience then a comic audience. I actually stopped reading TWD for a while after Lori and Judy died. It was just such a horrible, depressing moment that I didn't want anything to do with that story for quite a while.
[/QUOTE]

I dunno.....i am a little shook up right now..........maybe I need a break...... this should have been a mid season finale episode.............man that was harsh.

[quote name='neocisco']
[/QUOTE]
I can't really disagree more. I really wish they'd killed Judy/Lori like in the comic. I felt it would have dragged the comic down to have a baby around and it felt better to boil the whole thing down to just Rick and Carl for a while. I'm really disappointed that they didn't kill Judy and Lori at the same time.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
I can't really disagree more. I really wish they'd killed Judy/Lori like in the comic. I felt it would have dragged the comic down to have a baby around and it felt better to boil the whole thing down to just Rick and Carl for a while. I'm really disappointed that they didn't kill Judy and Lori at the same time.
[/QUOTE]

To clarify, when I said it was good I meant that I'm glad they're not following the comic point for point. Your opinion about Judy in the comic isn't without merit but with TV being such a differently paced medium it could play out in a different manner that may be more satisfying. I do stand by my assessment, however, that killing a baby in that environment is a much more precarious situation on TV than in a comic. You're dealing with a much broader audience and something like that would need to be handled carefully.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I dunno.....i am a little shook up right now..........maybe I need a break...... this should have been a mid season finale episode.............man that was harsh.[/QUOTE]

I love it. It's good to see television series that aren't afraid to take risks and be aggressive with killing off the 'main cast.' Of course Rick is probably not going to die anytime soon but you can't really say that about anyone else.

[quote name='Mooby']I love it. It's good to see television series that aren't afraid to take risks and be aggressive with killing off the 'main cast.' Of course Rick is probably not going to die anytime soon but you can't really say that about anyone else.[/QUOTE]One of the reasons I liked the Blade series. Lots of fun and no character was safe. It would have been unsurprising if the first season ended with everyone dying but Blade and then he moves onto another city.

In the Talking Dead, at the end of the In Memoriam segment it states, "Noone is safe." How right it is. You could tell IronE was sad about leaving the show and touched by viewer comments. He looked like he was about to lose composure twice during the show.

I'm glad they didn't go the route from the comic books with the big kill tonight. I'm probably in the minority here but I actually think the TV series improves upon the comic book source material.

[quote name='kodave']I'm glad they didn't go the route from the comic books with the big kill tonight. I'm probably in the minority here but I actually think the TV series improves upon the comic book source material.[/QUOTE]

I like them in their own ways, but I wouldn't say one is better (or worse) than the other. To each his own. I'm just glad we have more than one way to enjoy the franchise.

Maggie has a British accent too!?

Definitely + on the hawt points but wow. The actors for Rick and Maggie are really good on their American/Southern accents. Definitely fooled me. Next they're going to tell me Glenn has a British accent too.

Also just realized T-Dawg looks a little like T.I. the rapper.

This episode by far is the most emotional (dem feels). How is this show not getting better reviews.

59403_157672194374967_297813733_n.jpg

LOL @ this episode

I'm so used to the whole Zombies out of nowhere shtick that this instance didn't bother me. Sucks that Carol was so useless that somehow she allowed T-Dogg to get blindsided again. Too bad she didn't get Hershel's unlimited ammo code =[. The Lori/Carl scene was well done specially the way they did the flashback with Rick. Still can't believe Michonne and Andrea are trying to leave a somewhat fortified place. At least the Michonne character does the comic book version some justice cause up until this episode the character was horrible.

For some reason when Rick did his best Vader impression i couldn't stop laughing. That being said i almost knew who it was causing the trouble to begin with and in the back of my mind i was thinking well Rick and Co. kinda brought all of this upon themselves since they did try to kill him and leave him to be eaten so it seem fitting he basically return the favor by letting them get eaten as well. I mean what did they expect if he somehow survived? Also wtf @ Carol getting off screened? Was she that useless?

Wow @ that preview for the next episode from Talking Dead. I'm more interested in all of the woodbury stuff this season.

Does anyone know of a good site to watch tonight's episode? I missed it, and it sounds like one I don't want to wait until next week for.

[quote name='renique46']Also wtf @
Carol
getting off screened? Was
she
that useless?[/QUOTE]

I have to see a body first before I believe it.

Man that episode is intense and emotional. Can't wait til next week's episode. Do you guys think
Tyrese will eventually appear this season? I look forward to him meeting Rick and Michonne

So I just read that Maggie had a British accent, so for the first time I looked up her actress.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

600full-lauren-cohan.jpg

She was hot before... but GOD DAMN!

I have to say I didn't expect all that to happen last night.

I did not expect T-Dog to go out in last nights episode. I was hoping that they would finally use him more than what they have. He did however go out big so I guess if you are not going to use him much at all then you might as well make the way he goes out something to remember.

I'm thinking Carol is around somewhere and hope we don't get another season looking for her like we did with her daughter.

I expected Lori to give birth at the mid season finally and the baby to be dead when she gave birth. I'm not surprised Carl shot her. I expected it to be him or Rick if someone had to do it.

bread's done
Back