Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
i stopped by toysrus after work checking on new amiibo's, ike and possible pre-order card for wave 4 but no luck. i talking to 2 little boys buying 2 mega man. i sold 1 out of 2 captain falcon for $15, they both very happy because ebay price is too much for them. i was thinking open 1 and keep 1 sealed. oh well :)

I ordered a Gold Mario during the 4th round of availability when it went up a couple weeks back and was really expecting it to be cancelled after reading a few posts here, but it hasn't been yet. Kinda surprised. If it turns out that they are indeed cancelling people's purchases just so they can sell more of the bundles...that's a really low blow. Got me thinking about how we, as consumers, basically have no rights whatsoever when it comes to pre-ordering things...they can cancel our orders at any time for any reason with absolutely no recourse or appeal process for us to follow. It will probably always be that way. 

i stopped by toysrus after work checking on new amiibo's, ike and possible pre-order card for wave 4 but no luck. i talking to 2 little boys buying 2 mega man. i sold 1 out of 2 captain falcon for $15, they both very happy because ebay price is too much for them. i was thinking open 1 and keep 1 sealed. oh well :)
Why do I feel like you opened up that convo with "Come here little boy I have candy..."

This also goes along with you're not just a NPC but a wandering vendor NPC selling special rares!!

I just looked up what that mystery Amiibo is and man is it unexciting. I'll probably end up dead in a gutter if I share any hints or tips so don't bother asking.

Why do I feel like you opened up that convo with "Come here little boy I have candy..."

This also goes along with you're not just a NPC but a wandering vendor NPC selling special rares!!
Ha that's kind of what I pictured too! "Oh I've got some rare toys out in my car, come see :D " Wish I had wandering NPCs selling rare Amiibos at a fair markup.

Just got an email that my order of a Villager shipped from Amazon.it!  (I ordered back in December...)

Marth is already on the way from them (again, ordered in December).

And I'm getting a WFT from a CAG trade...so I should be 29/29 now.

think i'll take my chances and just go to walmart the day of release. hopefully the reports that said that only a small fraction of the gold mario amiibo would be for pre order is true. i can't wait around, constantly refreshing my computer for this thing to come into stock (and possibly get canceled)

think i'll take my chances and just go to walmart the day of release. hopefully the reports that said that only a small fraction of the gold mario amiibo would be for pre order is true. i can't wait around, constantly refreshing my computer for this thing to come into stock (and possibly get canceled)
Same. After like 5 preorder waves, I dont see this being much rarer than uncommon.

Must be the Splatoon amiibos leaked last week.
I can say this because it's public knowledge - each amiibo has a four character ID that is on the CPSIA approvals. The mystery amiibo is AABP. If it starts with AA, it's a Smash character. Mario series is AB. So this one is for Smash.

You guys are cracking me up with the conspiracy theory stuff on the cancellations being to fill bundles. The bundles were likely already set aside to begin with. The individual figure going back up was your cancellations getting back in the system.

The cancellations were probably just Walmart screwing up. I read someone mention they had a cancelled PayPal charge for their preorder. My best guess - Walmart started doing credit card authorizations to make sure the card was valid and had the necessary funds, and something went wrong. Maybe it choked on PayPal payments, or just glitched when checking some cards and read that as invalid payment. And the system is probably dumb and auto cancels for that.

Edit: Basically, best not to assume malice when something can be explained by incompetence :p (unless it's GameStop :D)

You guys are cracking me up with the conspiracy theory stuff on the cancellations being to fill bundles. The bundles were likely already set aside to begin with. The individual figure going back up was your cancellations getting back in the system.

The cancellations were probably just Walmart screwing up. I read someone mention they had a cancelled PayPal charge for their preorder. My best guess - Walmart started doing credit card authorizations to make sure the card was valid and had the necessary funds, and something went wrong. Maybe it choked on PayPal payments, or just glitched when checking some cards and read that as invalid payment. And the system is probably dumb and auto cancels for that.

Edit: Basically, best not to assume malice when something can be explained by incompetence :p (unless it's GameStop :D)
I was on the page in under a minute of being in stock and they were still sold out when added to cart. There were maybe a handful of them if that so the theory's are foolish, not like they had dozens of cancellations. Thankfully I got the bundle which didn't sell out quite as fast.

I got my order finally from Japan. I am now at 29/29 sitting on the shelf.
I know this has probably been answered 100s of times here but are the Japanese ones painted a little differently? I know they work the same but when I'd see the ones on Amazon they did look a little different.

I am in Nashville on buisness and went into 4 Best Buys around here, nothing good. This is after checking 4 around the Philadelphia area. I got hyped about little mac / Captain Falcon, but to no avail. Now it is just time to keep the fingers crossed for reprints.

With the impending SM line, do you guys think NoA is gonna stop production of the some of the duplicates (ie, Mario, Peach, etc.)? 

I still haven't bought the commons, wondering if I should and get it out of the way. 

So the place I work at game me for free this display case we used for selling Nike sunglasses... thinking about using it for amiibos and other small collectable stuff. Hopefully I can find a visually pleasing way to cover the Nike logo.

TsYCM1m.jpg

With the impending SM line, do you guys think NoA is gonna stop production of the some of the duplicates (ie, Mario, Peach, etc.)?

I still haven't bought the commons, wondering if I should and get it out of the way.
I think there just going to stop production (if they haven't already) and just let the shelves dry up and use the space for the SMS line.... That's why they reduced the price and people think yoshi is worth something (If you don't have yoshi by now, you should really not collect theses)

So the place I work at game me for free this display case we used for selling Nike sunglasses... thinking about using it for amiibos and other small collectable stuff. Hopefully I can find a visually pleasing way to cover the Nike logo.

TsYCM1m.jpg
print off an amiibo logo sign with the same dimensions and tape/paste it over the nike sign

More Meta Knights coming.

I was one of the ones to receive a crushed Meta Knight a few weeks back. I called Best Buy customer service a couple weeks ago and was told to hold on to my crushed one because they might be getting more in. The lady said to call back in a couple weeks. I called back today and they said they will be getting more between 3/20 and 4/8. She said I will receive my replacement by 4/8.

So it sounds like they are planning to get more in. Not sure how many though. Hopefully this information is useful.

More Meta Knights coming.

I was one of the ones to receive a crushed Meta Knight a few weeks back. I called Best Buy customer service a couple weeks ago and was told to hold on to my crushed one because they might be getting more in. The lady said to call back in a couple weeks. I called back today and they said they will be getting more between 3/20 and 4/8. She said I will receive my replacement by 4/8.

So it sounds like they are planning to get more in. Not sure how many though. Hopefully this information is useful.
Good to hear people with damaged ones will be taken care of but I'm guessing people with cancelled orders are SoL, especially since my order was marked as "not picked up". Assholes.

Based on my own personal research, Vacaville BestBuy never showed in transit for both LM and/or Captain Falcon. I think they are messing with you guys. You need to use 'other' reliable stores to check for you, trust but verify.
I definitely understand that. Seems like rumors get around like a disease when it comes to Amiibos. No wonder people call a million times a day asking for them

For Best Buy employees lying to customers and then getting angry with people calling for availability they only have their stupid employees to blame. There's no way that should be allowed, you're cutting off your own customers! Wow, I'm starting to feel sorry for Nintendo, this isn't their fault, the US only has greedy consumers to blame for shortages with crap like this. However it's not like they have to flood the market, Sonic and Mega Man seem to be at appropriate levels. Maybe this is too much of a guessing game, you can't predict demand with some of these variables.
It definitely is a guessing game now. Nintendo has created a monster. Like I said, it's like do or die with these things. I don't understand Nintendo plan with these Amiibos but I guess as long as they're selling out they don't care what we do. It's like Nintendo is throwing a fee pieces of meat in a cage full of 100 beasts and saying deal with it lol.

I still think Nintendo is playing catch up after being blindsided by the demand (and somewhat the port strike). Given what Iwata has said about the long lead time needed to make the figures, it's possible even wave 3 was too late to make any significant changes to their process.

I'll be curious to see how the SMB series and wave 4 fares though.

For Best Buy employees lying to customers and then getting angry with people calling for availability they only have their stupid employees to blame. There's no way that should be allowed, you're cutting off your own customers! Wow, I'm starting to feel sorry for Nintendo, this isn't their fault, the US only has greedy consumers to blame for shortages with crap like this. However it's not like they have to flood the market, Sonic and Mega Man seem to be at appropriate levels. Maybe this is too much of a guessing game, you can't predict demand with some of these variables.
Corporations aren't people, you shouldn't feel compassion for them.

about how long have DK/Yoshi restocks at Best Buy lasted? as mentioned, I really want to get those with GCU. I just need all non MVT wave 1s to have a complete NA nib set!

OT: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/575054253510684672

$9 Charging Cradle (New Nintendo 3DS XL)
Maybe it's just me but this just rubs me the wrong way. The dock wasn't located in the original XL and now the new one doesn't even come with a cord. That's after they failed to update a lot of other tech on the new 3DS. I'm a bit disappointed by it to be honest. Plus without the small size here in the States I'm even more disillusioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back