Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres something you need to just accept. Every company is out to make money. Every 3rd party publisher, every game company is out there to make money.

Giving people options isn't a bad thing. No one is saying you need to buy everything Nintendo puts out but for some reason people like to act like Nintendo is forcing you to buy everything.
Moneys the name of the game, that's no surprise. What's surprising is how everyone holds "N" in some higher regard, when they are just as low and under handed as everyone else. If they have lockable DLC, it's for a good reason, or is done better than others. It's all BS, when they won't even include a basic item like an AC adapter for an handheld, I see that as a HUGE problem. What other chargeable device is sold like this? NONE!

I have no issues with a company making money, but there's smart ways to do it, and dumb ways, charging users $10 for an AC adapter that should be included for free is just the worst of the worst.

Moneys the name of the game, that's no surprise. What's surprising is how everyone holds "N" in some higher regard, when they are just as low and under handed as everyone else. If they have lockable DLC, it's for a good reason, or is done better than others. It's all BS, when they won't even include a basic item like an AC adapter for an handheld, I see that as a HUGE problem. What other chargeable device is sold like this? NONE!

I have no issues with a company making money, but there's smart ways to do it, and dumb ways, charging users $10 for an AC adapter that should be included for free is just the worst of the worst.
Mostly comes from their other DLC they have done. Mario kart 8 is a great example of great DLC for the value. Hyrule Warriors, Pikmin 3 and Fire Emblem Awakening are other great examples.

For the most part the stuff locked to Amiibo arent a big game changer. You guys are kinda looking at it only one way which is "I'm paying $12.99 to unlock this one thing in this one game" when really you are paying $12.99 for a physical item that also unlocks several different things across several different games. The could have just kept Smash Amiibo to Smash only and Splatoon Amiibo to Splatoon only but they are having them also unlock content in other games as well.

If you don't want to do it then that is fine. No one is forcing you.

If you were able to say buy the stuff for each game digitally for a price would it bother you as much?

I really hope Nintendo goes back to using factory seals on that Wal-Mart exclusive WiiU bundle.  Otherwise what's to stop someone from buying the bundle and replacing the exclusive amiibo with a generic Mario amiibo before returning it to the store?

Ha, sorry I didn't contain an encyclopedic knowledge on past Nintendo bundle contents, it was just a passing musing. No need to kick dirt in eyes xD Gotta be careful about touching some NES-talgic fanboy nerves around here. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that an attempt at intelligent conversation on an internet thread instantly turned into a flame war :roll: And that light gun sucked anyways ;) <cue AVGN>

Quick, run before you get sucked in! xD
Wow, you actually saying the light gun sucked, dude, any credibility you might have had left was just zapped!

I guess that GC multitap "N" released this past Christmas was a figment of my imagination uh? Yes, controllers have been wireleIs for two gens already, but "N" somehow figured out how to sale a multi-tap that no other console has a need for currently. Why is that?

Couldn't they have just made wireless "wavebird" style GC controllers that link to the Wii or Wii U wirelessly, and cut out the multi-tap all together? Stop defending their "nickel & dime" tactics, your making yourself look bad.
This is a terrible example of nickle and diming..
That tap was purely fan service, and that's why it was so hard to get at first. They produced so few initially because it was catering to what they thought was a small group of people's preference. If they were trying to nickle & dime people, truely squeeze every last drop out of consumerist buying that game, they could have easily made it the ONLY way to play the game. They didn't, they added another option purely for die hard fans.

And frankly, buying the adapter was pretty much kin to buying a new controller on any other console. They already saved tons of people money on controllers for their system by making Wii controllers, something most nintendo users already had, the other main controller for the Wii U console instead of pro-controllers (which is just yet another option that people can choose).

They don't include one with their handhelds in other territories and haven't for years. SEems reasonable they might want to also do this for the US to streamline their packaging.

IT's not that big of a deal. You can not buy or wait until it is $10 cheaper to cover the cost of a charger if you think it should have one. Problem solved.

What gets me the most, is not the industry changing, but "N" constantly saying how they are so different than Sony & MS, or even Apple for that matter, and how they run their business so much differently. How they don't follow the crowd, and how they know so much more than everyone else, and how they know what's best for gaming as a whole.

I can't even keep track anymore of all the times "N" has been wrong on some "trend", where they go right and everyone else goes left, and they fail in the process. They won't give gamers region free, proper accounts, or even decent online with voice chat, or other online standard industry features. But then when it comes to raping fans pockets, they are the first in line to follow everyone else.

Amiibo's, on disc/cart "locked" DLC, Digital only games where EU gets physical versions, etc. Trying to compare an extra controller to DLC is an apples to oranges comparison at best. I could play any single player game to 100% with what came out of the box back then. Now while multiplayer was often an added experience due to extra controllers, or a multitap, It was a one time buy, and more often than not, friends would just bring there controllers by, and tap in to the N64.

Hell, "N" didn't even charge you extra for a multitap, they saved consumers money by building in 4 controller ports. Where did that "N" go? They would never do something like that again, not if they could make a buck in the process.

It all just seems petty to me, and a way to nickel and dime consumers. While I'm well aware that they don't include N3DS AC adapters in Japan or the EU markets, that has been ongoing for a long time. I know growing up and importing, everything released in Japan was at an extra cost. Cables where sold separately, AC supplies, and many different things. That is the market, and that is what is OK by their standards. When I imported, I paid the piper.

As stated above, "N" would give you everything and the "kitchen sink" within their products(at NoA), and it was a good quality to have. Now they are quick to just offer less, and demand more and that's not a good quality to have. Especially when you offer so little, along side your main competition within this industry.

Look at the N3DS standard model finally coming to the US. This is great, and a long time coming, but would it truly be that hard to offer consumers a stand alone unit? And not make them buy stuff they may or may not want? Do guys/gals honestly not see the poor treatment in all of this? Maybe I'm just asking to much from "N", I just expected more I guess, and I only have my self to blame thinking"N" was actually better than they are, My Bad!
IF you don't like it then don't buy it.

If they made the Super Mario Maker game itself exclusive to a Wii U bundle I'd buy another Wii U.

I'm not going to let something like a novelty feature such as "big mario" or a different filter keep me away from something so magical. I think you're crazy or cynical or depressed or deranged if you have a Wii U and don't get this game (app? who cares it will be fun as fuck).

For $60 ($48 with GCU, $49.99 with Amazon Prime, or $59.99 with free puzzle cube at Target) you are getting one hell of a spectacle in my opinion. When you're a kid you always dream of being able to make your own Mario levels. You tell yourself "when I grow up, I want to make video games!!". Then you grow up and realize that being an adult sucks and just because you like video games, that doesn't meant you have the skills, means, or money to make them. 

Super Mario Maker is going let me capture some of that the childhood wonder. Yeah you can't make slopes and, yeah big mario is locked behind a cool looking piece of plastic that will be hard to find and cost $12.99, yeah it turns out I probably suck at designing levels. Despite all of this YOU GET TO FREAKIN' PLAY INFINITE AMOUNTS OF NEW SMB, SMB3, SMW, and NSMB LEVELS (or design your own). And it's batshit crazy.

If they made the Super Mario Maker game itself exclusive to a Wii U bundle I'd buy another Wii U.

I'm not going to let something like a novelty feature such as "big mario" or a different filter keep me away from something so magical. I think you're crazy or cynical or depressed or deranged if you have a Wii U and don't get this game (app? who cares it will be fun as fuck).

For $60 ($48 with GCU, $49.99 with Amazon Prime, or $59.99 with free puzzle cube at Target) you are getting one hell of a spectacle in my opinion. When you're a kid you always dream of being able to make your own Mario levels. You tell yourself "when I grow up, I want to make video games!!". Then you grow up and realize that being an adult sucks and just because you like video games, that doesn't meant you have the skills, means, or money to make them.

Super Mario Maker is going let me capture some of that the childhood wonder. Yeah you can't make slopes and, yeah big mario is locked behind a cool looking piece of plastic that will be hard to find and cost $12.99, yeah it turns out I probably suck at designing levels. Despite all of this YOU GET TO FREAKIN' PLAY INFINITE AMOUNTS OF NEW SMB, SMB3, SMW, and NSMB LEVELS (or design your own). And it's batshit crazy.
Exactly. Nothing could stop me of getting this game because having grown up playing all the original marios & daydreaming in school about coming home and trying to get to the princess wondering what was under each question block and brick along the way really broadened my imagination in more ways than I even realize. Designing & playing levels each unique with the old to the new graphics is astonishing & gamers who are complaining about the price should stick to COD while I'm making and playing levels in a series that revived the U.S. gaming market.

I wonder if they'll release an 8-bit Luigi amiibo as part of the 30th anniversary line. Would be pretty easy to make and I would definitely have to have it.

I won't be buying mario maker. I don't believe that I'm crazy, cynical, depressed, deranged etc. I am just fully aware that I have no creative ability whatsoever and I don't particularly enjoy platformers to begin with. I still enjoy life and don't appear to be wearing a straight jacket right now.

I won't be buying mario maker. I don't believe that I'm crazy, cynical, depressed, deranged etc. I am just fully aware that I have no creative ability whatsoever and I don't particularly enjoy platformers to begin with. I still enjoy life and don't appear to be wearing a straight jacket right now.
That's just the effect of the drugs. You are wearing a straight jacket right now. I'll be playing SMM for other people's levels.

Super Mario Maker is going let me capture some of that the childhood wonder. Yeah you can't make slopes and, yeah big mario is locked behind a cool looking piece of plastic that will be hard to find and cost $12.99, yeah it turns out I probably suck at designing levels. Despite all of this YOU GET TO FREAKIN' PLAY INFINITE AMOUNTS OF NEW SMB, SMB3, SMW, and NSMB LEVELS (or design your own). And it's batshit crazy.
This. Seriously people?

Get over the strange issues with a costume that is such a minuscule part that you will probably use 1 or 3 times, and never use again (and you have already seen what it does on youtube anyway if you are making such a fuss).

On top of that - these things are not needed to play the game. AT ALL. Hell, I will barely be playing in the 'Super Mario Bros.' format; a personal choice because I love 3 / World so much. People complain that a company who sells a system that no one is forced to buy, that releases a game (again not forced to buy), that is simply amazing (opinion, but for shaq-fu's sake it's true), and unlocks some extra cute stuff in your game if you own some toys (that you probably already bought, or don't have to buy), and complain about it.... WHY?

Seriously, where have people got this crazy entitled-ness from? Probably Obama. That's a whole different argument.

Okay. Back to talking about amiibo.

/sweating

This. Seriously people?
You keep saying people, but only one person here is complaining about the mushroom specifically....

I'll be buying SMM solely because it's an excellent deal (endless levels FOR FREE), I love me some mario, and I'm hoping it'll make me a better platformer. I admittedly have beaten all but the first Mario Bros...oh the shame. I need this game. :p
Won't be creating anything spectacular, I'm not creative enough for that, but I'll definitely mess around with level creation. Should be a fun time regardless, Mario games always are. :)

You keep saying people, but only one person here is complaining about the mushroom specifically....

I'll be buying SMM solely because it's an excellent deal (endless levels FOR FREE), I love me some mario, and I'm hoping it'll make me a better platformer. I admittedly have beaten all but the first Mario Bros...oh the shame. I need this game. :p
Won't be creating anything spectacular, I'm not creative enough for that, but I'll definitely mess around with level creation. Should be a fun time regardless, Mario games always are. :)
I just challenged a friend in basically the same position to beat mario 1 with me before SMM cones out. He had a swell time. Plus it was his first time seeing what happens when you beat it. So great how Nintendo and Mario in particular had so many secrets and unlockables.

Any experiences with shipping through Groupon?
I ordered Robin and Lucina from the previous wave, and they shipped them in a large enough box, no noticeable damage.

Hopefully it will be the same this time around...though I didn't order because I already got in on the Target preorders.

I missed the Target preorders except Dr. Mario so luckily I was able to grab a set of all 4 when they became available. Now I only need to get Bowser Jr next week.

Had all 4 in my cart as I signed up for an account, when I came back to the page, I literally watched them disappear from my cart one at a time. Felt like Marty in Back to the Future.

Was able to place an order for ZSS and Ganondorf. In separate orders though. Probably no way to combine them into one order so that I only have to pay shipping once is there? :x Not without contacting them and I'd be afraid that it might cause some issues.

Why do I comment here? Because I can.

I guess that GC multitap "N" released this past Christmas was a figment of my imagination uh? Yes, controllers have been wireless for two gens already, but "N" somehow figured out how to sale a multi-tap that no other console has a need for currently. Why is that?

Couldn't they have just made wireless "wavebird" style GC controllers that link to the Wii or Wii U wirelessly, and cut out the multi-tap all together? Stop defending their "nickel & dime" tactics, your making yourself look bad.
:roll:
So a $20 adapter that allows you to use 4 of your old controllers (which they aren't making any money on by letting you use old controllers) is "nickel & diming" but creating a brand new controller that would likely go for $50-60 EACH isn't?

They also seem to be "nickel & diming" Spatoon users too what with all the new content they seem to keep adding for free. Not like those Call of Duty and Battlefield deals of 1-2 maps for $10 or a $50 season pass...

So a $20 adapter that allows you to use 4 of your old controllers (which they aren't making any money on by letting you use old controllers) is "nickel & diming" but creating a brand new controller that would likely go for $50-60 EACH isn't?

They also seem to be "nickel & diming" Spatoon users too what with all the new content they seem to keep adding for free. Not like those Call of Duty and Battlefield deals of 1-2 maps for $10 or a $50 season pass...
Bro those season passes are really worth $50. COD is the only thing I can just relax on. Doing almost 60 hours a week between work and school is tiring and aside from the gym, COD is perfect to just sit back and shoot things.

Mostly comes from their other DLC they have done. Mario kart 8 is a great example of great DLC for the value. Hyrule Warriors, Pikmin 3 and Fire Emblem Awakening are other great examples.

For the most part the stuff locked to Amiibo arent a big game changer. You guys are kinda looking at it only one way which is "I'm paying $12.99 to unlock this one thing in this one game" when really you are paying $12.99 for a physical item that also unlocks several different things across several different games. The could have just kept Smash Amiibo to Smash only and Splatoon Amiibo to Splatoon only but they are having them also unlock content in other games as well.

If you don't want to do it then that is fine. No one is forcing you.

If you were able to say buy the stuff for each game digitally for a price would it bother you as much?
Sorry, but anybody trying to defend $3 apiece for a 10 minute RPG map (that in all honesty can be thrown together by an intern in under an hour) can't be taken seriously as a non-fanboy. Never "call me out on BS" again.

And no, being able to buy it digitally wouldn't bother me as much because then it'd actually be available. I've yet to even see a Fire Emblem amiibo, so how in the fuck am I expected to get the Steam DLC?

I've made plenty of Mario levels over the last decade, several rated rather highly. Besides, if LBP is anything to go by, the vast majority of the user generated stuff is going to suck abysmally. I mean making a Mario level should be a lot easier than making a LBP level but LBP has taught me a lot of people lack all but the most basic creativity.

IDK maybe SMM will be different because of how easy it is to use. But I would be a lot less interested if I wasn't so confident in my own creativity.

FWIW I also had my own studio for a short time, as well as working for a couple of others prior to that. I wouldn't recommend it. Making games is by and large a tedious affair, and the industry really feels like it's been going down the shitter the last decade or so.

You are aware that the vast majority of that Splatoon DLC is already on the disc right? They are just unlocking it as time goes by.....

Normally this would royally piss me off but between WiiU's low userbase and the fact that Nintendo is inexperienced in online/FPS's you can argue that they deserve a pass. This time. If Splatoon 2 pulls this shit I won't be touching it until everything is unlocked.

Last edited:
Sorry, but anybody trying to defend $3 apiece for a 10 minute RPG map (that in all honesty can be thrown together by an intern in under an hour) can't be taken seriously as a non-fanboy. Never "call me out on BS" again.

I've made plenty of Mario levels over the last decade, several rated rather highly. Besides, if LBP is anything to go by, the vast majority of the user generated stuff is going to suck abysmally. I mean making a Mario level should be a lot easier than making a LBP level but LBP has taught me a lot of people lack all but the most basic creativity.
You do realize you contradicted yourself in the same post, don't you?

You do realize you contradicted yourself in the same post, don't you?
How so? Making an RPG level is extremely easy once the engine is in place. Make that doubly so when you are working with a game like FE where movement is restricted to a grid. And from what I played of the FE DLC it was basically just a bunch of enemy units slapped onto said grid. I didn't find anything particularly creative about it. At any rate, $3 a map was one of the worst values in gaming I've ever seen.

Besides, you won't be paying to dl the SMM levels. And the good LBP levels, rare as they are, were complex as hell.

Last edited:
Wow, you actually saying the light gun sucked, dude, any credibility you might have had left was just zapped!
No you're misunderstanding me xD If you haven't seen it watch this, you'll get a kick out of it:
Link

Should see if I can find what happened to some of these we used to have. Nintendo's not new to 'nickel and diming' us for things we really don't have to buy guys =P

Speaking of expensive DLC, I don't think anything tops the Amiibo...

just a heads up. BB is doing worse with shipping amiibos. I bought some commons during the sale, and they shipped the freaking amiibos on a padded envelope!!!!! WTF?? I called and complained since it came destroyed, and they sent me replacements. just got them, and again shipped in the same freaking padded envelope. fuck

just a heads up. BB is doing worse with shipping amiibos. I bought some commons during the sale, and they shipped the freaking amiibos on a padded envelope!!!!! WTF?? I called and complained since it came destroyed, and they sent me replacements. just got them, and again shipped in the same freaking padded envelope. fuck
That's happened to me every time I've ordered from them when it wasn't a pre-order.

Speaking of expensive DLC, I don't think anything tops the Amiibo...
The thing with that is you're not just unlocking some content, regardless of how insignificant that contnent may be - you're still getting the Amiibo itself. I believe very few people buy them for what they may or may not unlock.

As far as topping any DLC. Have a look at the pricing for Dead or Alive 5: Last Round costumes. Several hundred dollars to get all costumes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back