Android games ongoing sales.

[quote name='speedracer']My wife loves Card Ace and Word Ace on webOS. Highly recommended.
[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend and I play both of these on webOS and love them too. Definitely recommend them to the Android crowd.

here's another one, guys. Mini Squadron. currently on sale for a buck.

fun game, simple controls, nice colorful graphics

Ahoy! So, in addition to Card Ace: Blackjack, we now have Card Ace: Hold 'Em on Android! Same social interface as Blackjack, but social cross-platform multi-platform Hold 'Em! Play with friends on iPhone, Palm Pre & Facebook!

All for a whopping $0! You get free chips every day in the Daily Lottery!

If you get a chance, please check it out!
seppo

Angry birds demo is on android market for 2.1 and 2.2 users and if you can not find it just search google for it and download it to your phone.

new droid x owner here. need games. Thanks for advice. Anyone think Dungeon Hunter might go on sale soon?

Figured I would bump this for a few good things on Android finally.

Angry Birds Full version w/ ads (only version) -> FREE (on marketplace)
Angry Birds Seasons (just released) -> FREE (on marketplace)

GAMELOFT FREE GAME *TODAY ONLY (12/3/10)* -> Dungeon Hunter (here)

Just about the post about the Dungeon Hunter... some people are having problems with it downloading, so check on gameloft's twitter (http://www.twitter.com/GameLoft ) for updates.. as well as any other free games they're going to post (supposed to be a new "feature" free game for iOS, Android or a game preview)

[quote name='zeb06']Figured I would bump this for a few good things on Android finally.

Angry Birds Full version w/ ads (only version) -> FREE (on marketplace)
Angry Birds Seasons (just released) -> FREE (on marketplace)

GAMELOFT FREE GAME *TODAY ONLY (12/3/10)* -> Dungeon Hunter (here)[/QUOTE]

awesome got Dungeon Hunter, installing right now. Hope they offer more games

[quote name='z3razerviper']I have text messages blocked on my phone any other way to get the game?[/QUOTE]

when I clicked their link on twitter it took me right to a download page... downloaded directly to my phone

[quote name='Hulkamaniac418']I have a Sprint HTC Hero, and so many of the cool Android games (Angry Birds) run like shit. Lag and freezing like crazy. :cry:[/QUOTE]

There is a version of angry birds that will be built for low end devices like yours but if you want to run all these new games you are going to have to upgrade. I would suggest either getting a galaxy s device or waiting for the new dual core phones next year.

I guess this belongs in this thread too (although I think that it's in another thread too):

EA Mobile has their small selection of android games on sale.
Need for Speed Shift is 99 cents.
Fifa 10 is 99 cents... but won't install correctly on my Vibrant.
Sims... also 99c.
Tetris... also 99c.

http://www.eamobile.com/android

[quote name='BigT']I guess this belongs in this thread too (although I think that it's in another thread too):

Sims... also 99c.
Tetris... also 99c.

http://www.eamobile.com/android[/QUOTE]

bought NFSS and FIFA on my HTC Evo. Both install fine and play fine but FIFA is kinda hard to control, seems like the touch controls are't very responsive and graphics are meh. On the other hand NFSS has awesome graphics and great controls.

Sucks that FIFA 11 is already out on iPhone but not even a word if/when its coming to Android

Thanks for the info! Didn't realize Game Dev Story was on sale. I've heard good things about it.

Another suggestion for a great free game is Slice It!

[quote name='BigT']I guess this belongs in this thread too (although I think that it's in another thread too):

Sims... also 99c.
Tetris... also 99c.

http://www.eamobile.com/android[/QUOTE]
Will add thanks.

[quote name='probin74243']Thanks for the info! Didn't realize Game Dev Story was on sale. I've heard good things about it.

Another suggestion for a great free game is Slice It![/QUOTE]

Game dev story is amazing and I would recommend fruit ninja over slice it just because of how much better it is.

[quote name='tominater12']Game dev story is amazing and I would recommend fruit ninja over slice it just because of how much better it is.[/QUOTE]

they are two different games.

Fruit ninja....you just slice fruit

Slice it you have to cut up a shape in to equal parts but at the same time using the number of cuts they want you to use. I think its a fantastic puzzle game and downright mind bending at times.

Com2us makes good apps. Homerun battler 3D, CaligoChaser(personal favorite) and Slice It all have good development and work behind them. Very well polished and the dev has 2 more titles that are coming out..i may just purchase them too. \

yes and i concur, Dev Story is uber addicting and the game is just that dam good. The success is what makes you want to strive better and just simulation of the game sucks you in.

[quote name='integralsmatic']they are two different games.

Fruit ninja....you just slice fruit

Slice it you have to cut up a shape in to equal parts but at the same time using the number of cuts they want you to use. I think its a fantastic puzzle game and downright mind bending at times.

Com2us makes good apps. Homerun battler 3D, CaligoChaser(personal favorite) and Slice It all have good development and work behind them. Very well polished and the dev has 2 more titles that are coming out..i may just purchase them too. \

yes and i concur, Dev Story is uber addicting and the game is just that dam good. The success is what makes you want to strive better and just simulation of the game sucks you in.[/QUOTE]
*facepalm*

I though he was talking about a crappy fruit ninja clone I played and I would also suggest rocket bunnies along with slice it.

At the moment Game Dev Story is 75% off, it's ~$1.21, or 100 yen
i bought it, it says final day, and that was yesterday, so i would hurry up.

[quote name='tominater12']*facepalm*

I though he was talking about a crappy fruit ninja clone I played and I would also suggest rocket bunnies along with slice it.[/QUOTE]
;) i know which one your talking about it. Its like 3D fruit slicer or something. I downloaded the free app of that a while ago. No where near as polished as fruit ninja

Game Dev Story is still on sale but it's only 50% off now (about $2.44). Again, it says Final Day so maybe it will go to 25% off tomorrow.

Hi all, I just picked up a NookColor and I'm going to be rooting it soon. As an iPhone user, can you guys recommend any great Android exclusive games or apps? I found a game called Star Traders RPG that appears to be Android only and looks kind of cool. Any recommendations?

Also, anyone have experience rooting a Nook? Any tips? I've found quite a few websites but it would be great to hear from anyone who has actually done it on CAG.

[quote name='etcrane']Hi all, I just picked up a NookColor and I'm going to be rooting it soon. As an iPhone user, can you guys recommend any great Android exclusive games or apps? I found a game called Star Traders RPG that appears to be Android only and looks kind of cool. Any recommendations?

Also, anyone have experience rooting a Nook? Any tips? I've found quite a few websites but it would be great to hear from anyone who has actually done it on CAG.[/QUOTE]

I haven't rooted a Nook, but I have rooted 3 phones and an e-reader. Have you checked out :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=864

Looks like they have had some luck with Honeycomb Roms.

As far a games go, I just load GB/NES/SNES emulators, but that's a bit off-topic.

[quote name='etcrane']Hi all, I just picked up a NookColor and I'm going to be rooting it soon. As an iPhone user, can you guys recommend any great Android exclusive games or apps? I found a game called Star Traders RPG that appears to be Android only and looks kind of cool. Any recommendations?

Also, anyone have experience rooting a Nook? Any tips? I've found quite a few websites but it would be great to hear from anyone who has actually done it on CAG.[/QUOTE]

tell us how it goes. I am thinking of doing the same thing

[quote name='blitz6speed']Without proper controls, those emulators are pretty useless.

I stick to Angry Birds.[/QUOTE]

That's where this comes in really handy:

98g23dg-1297035475.png

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']Gameloft is having a B1G1 for some of the hd android games. Just bought a bunch for my Facinate.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I bought HAWX and Let's Golf 2. I also wanna try NOVA, but I can't figure out which other game I should get. Any suggestions, anyone?

[quote name='blitz6speed']Without proper controls, those emulators are pretty useless.

I stick to Angry Birds.[/QUOTE]

There are a couple options:

1. Suction cup controls (only seen them recently, never tried them)

2. Attachable Bluetooth Gamepad (They run $30-$70) Example

3. Physical Keyboard (If your phone has one)

4. Bluetooth + Wii Remote
(you can also attach the Classic Controller Pro, but at that point you are carting too much stuff to be "portable")

I tried option 4 and got some good fun out of it. Mind you this was for a long car-trip, not local a commute. I played NBA Jam, FFII, Donkey Kong Country, and some others. I don't think I wouldn't recommend it for "competitive play" or trying to pull of Ultra Combos in KI, but for a mindless distraction it worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']There are a couple options:

1. Suction cup controls (only seen them recently, never tried them)

2. Attachable Bluetooth Gamepad (They run $30-$70) Example

3. Physical Keyboard (If your phone has one)

4. Bluetooth + Wii Remote
(you can also attach the Classic Controller Pro, but at that point you are carting too much stuff to be "portable")

I tried option 4 and got some good fun out of it. Mind you this was for a long car-trip, not local a commute. I played NBA Jam, FFII, Donkey Kong Country, and some others. I don't think I wouldn't recommend it for "competitive play" or trying to pull of Ultra Combos in KI, but for a mindless distraction it worked.[/QUOTE]

I found the best option, and cheapest, to be the Game-Gripper. You can get one here. They are super cheap and allowed me to play even super touch sensitive platformers (like Mega Man) with much greater ease. Though you can only use it if you have a physical keyboard on your phone.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']tell us how it goes. I am thinking of doing the same thing[/QUOTE]

Definitely recommend rooting it. Honestly, if I was just stuck with it as an eReader I'd probably sell it. Being able to access the Android Market added so much to the device, even if I'm spoiled by the iPhone interface and knowing everything will work as expected.

It was actually a really simple process too, took about 15 minutes from start to finish. Here are the two resources that I found to be really helpful -

http://www.youtube.com/user/huskermania#p/a/87190C927F09F6EE/1/MUoHALWvPts

This guy really seems to know his stuff and his tutorial is spot on, works for all versions 1.00 - 1.1 and he sets you up with the downloads you need, etc. Also, follow him on Youtube because he's working on more tutorials and eventually getting Honeycomb on the Nook Color in an easy to follow way, which looks amazing from what I've seen. Right now it requires some real knowledge of what you're doing and I'm not even going to attempt it until it's more mainstream.

Second resource is this guide -

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Rooting

Great to follow along with the video, and also provides some nice post-rooting tips to get your memory card back and set up the market, etc.

So I would definitely do it if you have a Nook Color, the benefits far outweigh the risks and with the programs that are set up for basic rooting, you don't need much technical knowledge at all.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']Gameloft is having a B1G1 for some of the hd android games. Just bought a bunch for my Facinate.[/QUOTE]

Is that still going on today? Can't seem to find anything about it?

[quote name='etcrane']Is that still going on today? Can't seem to find anything about it?[/QUOTE]

i just checked, its still active. If you go to gameloft's site on your mobile you should see a banner with uno cards in the corner showing the sale.

[quote name='etcrane']Definitely recommend rooting it. Honestly, if I was just stuck with it as an eReader I'd probably sell it. Being able to access the Android Market added so much to the device, even if I'm spoiled by the iPhone interface and knowing everything will work as expected.

It was actually a really simple process too, took about 15 minutes from start to finish. Here are the two resources that I found to be really helpful -

http://www.youtube.com/user/huskermania#p/a/87190C927F09F6EE/1/MUoHALWvPts

This guy really seems to know his stuff and his tutorial is spot on, works for all versions 1.00 - 1.1 and he sets you up with the downloads you need, etc. Also, follow him on Youtube because he's working on more tutorials and eventually getting Honeycomb on the Nook Color in an easy to follow way, which looks amazing from what I've seen. Right now it requires some real knowledge of what you're doing and I'm not even going to attempt it until it's more mainstream.

Second resource is this guide -

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Rooting

Great to follow along with the video, and also provides some nice post-rooting tips to get your memory card back and set up the market, etc.

So I would definitely do it if you have a Nook Color, the benefits far outweigh the risks and with the programs that are set up for basic rooting, you don't need much technical knowledge at all.[/QUOTE]

great, thanks

As someone who is going to be buying an Android phone within the next month or so, I really appreciate threads like these where ongoing sales are listed.

I can't wait. It'll be my first true smartphone. This crappy thing I have now can go online, but it's 1x. :cry:

bread's done
Back