Android games ongoing sales.

[quote name='Altanis']As someone who is going to be buying an Android phone within the next month or so, I really appreciate threads like these where ongoing sales are listed.

I can't wait. It'll be my first true smartphone. This crappy thing I have now can go online, but it's 1x. :cry:[/QUOTE]

what are you going to get?

I'm still deciding.

I'm torn between the Optimus V or the Intercept (I'm on Virgin Mobile, and not switching to a contract). I want a keyboard, but the Optimus is better in just about every way. Plus it's cheaper.

I think it's going to come down to how much I have available to spend when I go buy it and what's in stock.

[quote name='Darknuke']I found the best option, and cheapest, to be the Game-Gripper. You can get one here. They are super cheap and allowed me to play even super touch sensitive platformers (like Mega Man) with much greater ease. Though you can only use it if you have a physical keyboard on your phone.[/QUOTE]

Have not seen that one. I might look into it.

[quote name='etcrane']Definitely recommend rooting it......[/QUOTE]

Glad it worked out. Be sure to keep an eye out for ROM updates and fixes, and always keep a backup just in case.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']i just checked, its still active. If you go to gameloft's site on your mobile you should see a banner with uno cards in the corner showing the sale.[/QUOTE]

I totally missed that. Thanks

Hmm, looks like the gameloft sale is only through smart phones and not in their website. Bummer, having a heck of a time trying to even get a gameloft game to download since the nook is an unofficial device. I know the tab versions should run on nook but I can't seem to get to a download page, as it requires a phone number.

Get optimus V and to anyone that is rooted always remember to keep a nandroid backup and don't use alphas or CM nightlies.

[quote name='tominater12']Get optimus V and to anyone that is rooted always remember to keep a nandroid backup and don't use alphas or CM nightlies.[/QUOTE]

Good advice for new users. Don't get into alphas or nightlies until you get plenty of experience under your belt. (Dev level experience)

[quote name='reddjoey']Good advice for new users. Don't get into alphas or nightlies until you get plenty of experience under your belt. (Dev level experience)[/QUOTE]

Not so much dev level but you need to know how to use a terminal and get out of a bootloop.

I've got an original Droid and I've found rooting and custom roms to be pretty easy to tackle. Like most tech hacking the best advice is to find solid, recently updated directions and follow them religiously. I recently installed a Cyanogenmod 7 nightly and although I ran into a few problems, it wasn't anything removing the battery and putting it back in didn't seem to fix, and I think I did get in a boot loop at one point, but I just kept reflashing and eventually things went through. There were a few "oh god what have I done" moments, where it seems like something went terribly wrong, but once you come out on the other side, it's well worth it IMO.

Not sure if im allowed to post the link so will just say anyone interested PM me. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 is available on the marketplace for $6.80 but while looking for reviews and gameplay videos online I found the game for free. Just download it, put it on your SD card and install. I did and works just fine. If this is not allowed MODs just delete my post.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Not sure if im allowed to post the link so will just say anyone interested PM me. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 is available on the marketplace for $6.80 but while looking for reviews and gameplay videos online I found the game for free. Just download it, put it on your SD card and install. I did and works just fine. If this is not allowed MODs just delete my post.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure that's piracy

[quote name='smoger']..unless its a promotional thing.. but being that the poster didnt go into detail... im guessing piracy[/QUOTE]

ya, promotional games usually don't require you to put it on an SD card separately

Myself and my gf are getting Droid X's in 2 days. :) we are excited to be Droid users now. I was a Iphone 3g user forever and im tired of getting screwed by apple on the phone concept. sticking to ipad and ipod touch. :)

i bought a Nook Color on Thursday night and rooted it yesterday.
sadly the version of root i used (auto-nooter) while great is NOT Froyo or Honeycomb. i have already ran across apps i bought on my Incredible that i can't install here as they require Froyo to use.

there is another root called Nookie-Froyo i would consider, but really. with Honeycomb roots being tested now, i'm just going to wait for the final version of that and re-root my Nook.

the Nook Color runs at 800 mhz, but i overclocked it to 1.1 ghz and it runs flawlessy.

one advantage of auto-nooker is it keeps the core nook UI design, just unlocks everything to where you can do all the other android funcions like Market. that way you can still use the e-reader without having to reboot to load up the root program.

another cool thing is after you do the root, it has you wipe the sd-card so all the room is usable for storage. unlike other roots that run 100% off the sd card and you have to partition extra space for data, auto-nooter roots the nook then gives you the full sd card back. in my case, a 16 gb class 10 micr0-sdhc card.

one thing to remember. nook color uses a class 6+ micro sd. dont use a class 2 or 4. those are too slow and better for phones.

i have not played angry birds on it yet, but it runs dungeon defenders and spectral souls perfectly.

also, the android kindle app runs great, if you prefer to buy e-books off amazon. i just always hated the look of the kindle and wanted one of these babies. and now it's the best budget tablet available. :)

Appreciate the thread. I have to wonder, though, WTF is up with "Slice It" requesting root access to my phone on launch?!? What shenanigans are the developer up to and WHO would actually grant a game root?

Didn't see this posted yet, but Gameloft is having a President's Day Sale:
http://blog.gameloft.com/index.php/2011/02/16/android-presidents-day-sale/

The following games are $1.99 (regular price $4.99)
Spiderman Total Mayhem
GT Racing
Oregon Trail
Splinter Cell Conviction
Modern Combat Sandstorm
UNO
Gangstar West Coast Hustle
Shrek Kart
Let’s Golf 2
Dungeon Hunter

Also, it looks like their buy one, get one sale is still active as well if you access their website via phone.

I've loaded up on games; Spiderman is very good...

[quote name='genfuyung']How do you get the Bogo? Each games page just says 1.99[/QUOTE]

You have to access site from your phone.

Doesn't look like you can get the bogo on the sale games. All the bogo games are $5. Think I'll take the plunge on a few of the sale titles tho. I got a new sammy mesmerize and its pretty sick, hoping these games run awesome as my emulators.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']so you can get BOGO with the $1.99?[/QUOTE]
You can either get BOGO, which will cost ~$2.49 per game or the $1.99 deal. Different games are available in the BOGO deal vs. the $1.99 deal.

[quote name='Donkey132']what 2 games should I get? dungeon hunter looks pretty good...[/QUOTE]

Dungeon Hunter is a pretty decent Diablo clone.

Spiderman is the best action game I've played on the phone; I would avoid Hero of Sparta as it appears to be still broken on at least Galaxy S phones.

Let's Golf 2 is a pretty decent casual golf game.

Shrek Kart = Mario Kart with Shrek characters... pretty good.

It depends on your preference.

+1

Angry Birds runs fine without slowdown on mine.

[quote name='weeskwee']i bought a Nook Color on Thursday night and rooted it yesterday.
sadly the version of root i used (auto-nooter) while great is NOT Froyo or Honeycomb. i have already ran across apps i bought on my Incredible that i can't install here as they require Froyo to use.

there is another root called Nookie-Froyo i would consider, but really. with Honeycomb roots being tested now, i'm just going to wait for the final version of that and re-root my Nook.

the Nook Color runs at 800 mhz, but i overclocked it to 1.1 ghz and it runs flawlessy.

one advantage of auto-nooker is it keeps the core nook UI design, just unlocks everything to where you can do all the other android funcions like Market. that way you can still use the e-reader without having to reboot to load up the root program.

another cool thing is after you do the root, it has you wipe the sd-card so all the room is usable for storage. unlike other roots that run 100% off the sd card and you have to partition extra space for data, auto-nooter roots the nook then gives you the full sd card back. in my case, a 16 gb class 10 micr0-sdhc card.

one thing to remember. nook color uses a class 6+ micro sd. dont use a class 2 or 4. those are too slow and better for phones.

i have not played angry birds on it yet, but it runs dungeon defenders and spectral souls perfectly.

also, the android kindle app runs great, if you prefer to buy e-books off amazon. i just always hated the look of the kindle and wanted one of these babies. and now it's the best budget tablet available. :)[/QUOTE]

Anyone with a rooted nook color figure out a way to easily install Gameloft games? I only have an iPhone so I can't do the android cellphone trick and then transfer the file. I'd like to take advantage of the sale but I can't figure out how to even make the purchase on the gameloft site since it requires a phone and no PC downloads.

[quote name='BigT']Didn't see this posted yet, but Gameloft is having a President's Day Sale:
http://blog.gameloft.com/index.php/2011/02/16/android-presidents-day-sale/

The following games are $1.99 (regular price $4.99)
Spiderman Total Mayhem
GT Racing
Oregon Trail
Splinter Cell Conviction
Modern Combat Sandstorm
UNO
Gangstar West Coast Hustle
Shrek Kart
Let’s Golf 2
Dungeon Hunter

Also, it looks like their buy one, get one sale is still active as well if you access their website via phone.

I've loaded up on games; Spiderman is very good...[/QUOTE]

This is disappointing... of all those games apparently only UNO and Dungeon Hunter are available for the Nexus One. :/

mother #O$U i followed the link and it showed me spider-man for 1.99 and then i entered my credit card info and checked out and they charged me 4.99. fuck gameloft

Same deal with me Milkyman on their Valentine's sale! I emailed them but never heard back. Also, Oregon Trail required a shit ton of permissions to install, wtf. Reading contact info and such, which I don't see the purpose of.

[quote name='studioaudience']Same deal with me Milkyman on their Valentine's sale! I emailed them but never heard back. Also, Oregon Trail required a shit ton of permissions to install, wtf. Reading contact info and such, which I don't see the purpose of.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they are using your contact info to populate the names for your party members.

The wife and I both picked up Galaxy S Epic 4G phones. My other phone is a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS. What are some of the better game titles available for Android? We like adventure and puzzle games.

The new Amazon Android Store sounds cool ... should be especially nice for Nook Color owners like myself who can't always do a direct download and will be able to buy apps on our PC and then do a manual install.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']im getting a droid soon, so this helps, as i dont plan on paying for games on it, but ill def take free ones[/QUOTE]

I have really been liking "X Contruction" has a lite version, but pay version is only around $1.35. Not too many more levels with the pay version, but you get to test out your tracks with heavier trains, and sandbox mode. A ton of fun for a buck and change.

[quote name='bulletnyourass']The wife and I both picked up Galaxy S Epic 4G phones. My other phone is a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS. What are some of the better game titles available for Android? We like adventure and puzzle games.[/QUOTE]

I have really been liking "X Contruction" has a lite version, but pay version is only around $1.35. Not too many more levels with the pay version, but you get to test out your tracks with heavier trains, and sandbox mode. A ton of fun for a buck and change.

[quote name='studioaudience']Same deal with me Milkyman on their Valentine's sale! I emailed them but never heard back. Also, Oregon Trail required a shit ton of permissions to install, wtf. Reading contact info and such, which I don't see the purpose of.[/QUOTE]

Is this still on the marketplace I just typed it in and got a bunch of random stuff and not the game

[quote name='weeskwee']one thing to remember. nook color uses a class 6+ micro sd. dont use a class 2 or 4. those are too slow and better for phones.[/QUOTE]The class isn't always the best indicator of speed. I have a friend with a 32 GB Sandisk card (he got from radio shack for under $30) he uses in the nook and it works great. For some reason the sandisk class 2 cards perform better than many of the "off" brand class 8 and 10 cards.

bread's done
Back