Animal Crossing New Leaf

I know this is kind of a late response, but I haven't been home today.

Turnips only spoil if you travel back before a point when you already played/saved (loading a new game day also counts as saving). Some people say that changing the game clock will always make them spoil (so use the system clock), while others say it only matters if you travel back in time or forward past the next Sunday when they'd normally spoil.

So if your last save was on the 23rd, you completely missed the 24th, and you didn't play at all on the 25th, it's safe to travel back to the 24th to do Toy Day without your turnips spoiling.

Of course, it's always better to be on the safe side and try to sell your turnips or drop them off in another town before you turn the clock back.

In AC:pG (GC) and AC:WW (DS), it was possible to keep your turnips from spoiling by getting them into the lost & found - putting your turnips on the ground where an NPC would set up their tent (or car, if Gracie was visiting). Or you could also put them on top of tables. I don't think there's a way to preserve them in AC:CF or AC:NL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opening up.  Snowing.  Free stuff and shopping.  Bad turnip prices.  Was able to sell my turnips on Gamefaqs though so I'm good.

Opening up. Free stuff outside of the Train Station. Shopping available.  turnips are 162.  Bingo numbers are 21 and 26.  It's Snowing.

So much for that... trying to enter Broly's town again and it won't connect.  Oh well.

I opened up since I can't get to Broly's... maybe I'll get some visitors.

I made the last snowtyke that I need to make. From now on, I'll only be building snowmen and snowboys. My town now has more snow than dirt than it did when snow first showed up, so I have the opposite problem than I had before. It's easier now to roll snowballs - harder to make them smaller unless I roll them around my plaza.

Pete delivered a letter from Nintendo with a kadomatsu attached.

kadomatsu.jpg

How much is this game worth?
I just bought it for full price and don't regret it one bit. The amount of depth in this game is amazing. The first night I had it a friend and I played the mini games on his island and just went swimming and fishing and swapped some fruit and hung out and chatted for hour and hours.

My favorite thing is that the moon in the game matches the actual phase of the moon in real life.

Buy it now, you can visit and steal l some fruit.

I've opened my gates up.  Turnips are 138 right now.  Bingo numbers are 1 and 44.

EDIT:

Apparently someone came over and took some things south of my House.  That stuff was off-limits, guys, and I'm going to have to ask for that stuff back.  There was a Gold nugget in those items, among other things that were important.

Not me, wasn't on at all last night.  I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding.  When in doubt, I don't take.  Though I will catalog something if I don't have it.

I've opened my gates up. Turnips are 138 right now. Bingo numbers are 1 and 44.

EDIT:

Apparently someone came over and took some things south of my House. That stuff was off-limits, guys, and I'm going to have to ask for that stuff back. There was a Gold nugget in those items, among other things that were important.
Wow sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you get the items back.

I haven't visited anyone here in about a week, so it wasn't me either. What else was taken? I usually have excess ore that I could've given you, but sold mine to a camper yesterday.

If I didn't update my Dream Suite this morning, I could've pointed it so people could've checked.  Oh well.  I think I know who took my stuff, in any case.

I have some gold nuggets in my town you can have. I think there are 6. I forgot who dropped them off but they have been sitting there for a month maybe.

I also have an extra gold nugget if you don't get it back.  Found it in a rock today coincidentally.  What else do you need?

Redd is here with a legit ancient statue.  I am going to pick it up and then give it to a CAG when I get it in the mail.  Dawn, do you need this?  You get first dibs for helping me with a painting before.  Otherwise it will go to whoever needs it.

Anyone have a snowmam?  Got some snowflakes I need to get rid of.

If Dawn doesn't need the statue, I'll take it.

I only need

tumblr_mobfg6GbSg1svownfo9_400.jpg

amazing painting (the one on the right)

tumblr_mobfg6GbSg1svownfo2_400.jpg

ancient statue

tumblr_mo9mblfSoL1svownfo4_250.jpg

beautiful statue

tumblr_mobh4xnOCG1svownfo2_250.jpg

motherly statue

I've opened my gates up. Turnips are 138 right now. Bingo numbers are 1 and 44.

EDIT:

Apparently someone came over and took some things south of my House. That stuff was off-limits, guys, and I'm going to have to ask for that stuff back. There was a Gold nugget in those items, among other things that were important.
Thanks for opening. I sold Turnips and got a Bingo with your Snowman. I didn't take any items. Sorry you had a problem. I really appreciate all the people on this board who open their gates. It's made the game so much more fun.

I'm trying to narrow it down at the moment.  But I should know who it is soon.

BTW, I think the person is an Adam from Carolina, according to ACNL anyway. Don't have anyone on my friends list named Adam though.

EDIT:

I found him.  He's on my Wii U friends list/Miiverse.

I wish I had more time to jump online and play. With Christmas and house sitting, I'm still at 20 minutes for each town. Dig up the fossils and break the fake rock, get them checked and sold at Re-Tail. I should be back to a normal schedule after New Years... Hopefully. I should have a gold nugget as well King if you need one.

I bit the bullet and bought this full price. Any essential tips?
If you want to come over to my town you'll be able to find all of the fruits (plus I have free shit you can have).

I'm trying to narrow it down at the moment. But I should know who it is soon.

BTW, I think the person is an Adam from Carolina, according to ACNL anyway. Don't have anyone on my friends list named Adam though.

EDIT:

I found him. He's on my Wii U friends list/Miiverse.
It's good to know it wasn't anyone from here. BTW, how do you check who visited your village?

Last edited:

EDIT:
Mind if I ask how you found out who visited your town, aside from asking here or anywhere else you may post? Does the game let you check?

EDIT:

Do you want one or few of my gold nuggets? I've been just saving them since I've started playing never really used them yet.

Still have Bud's pic for trade, for another pic I don't own, let me knowww :D

Opened up.  Got free stuff on the lawn as usual.  Retail has furniture on special today so I'm gonna sell all the furniture that doesn't give picked up by tonight.  Other than that nothing is going on.  Dawn, please let me know if you want the ancient statue!

What do you win if you get BINGO?  My numbers are 20 and 29 BTW.

And my FC is 4742-6334-0289 BTW.  I don't have much going on, but I like my town.  :) I also have a ton of fruit in baskets near the train station.

I only have two AC friends, and one rarely plays, so I never had a problem.  However has anyone had their flowers stolen?  That's the most important thing to me besides mass cutting down of trees.

What do you win if you get BINGO? My numbers are 20 and 29 BTW.

And my FC is 4742-6334-0289 BTW. I don't have much going on, but I like my town. :) I also have a ton of fruit in baskets near the train station.

I only have two AC friends, and one rarely plays, so I never had a problem. However has anyone had their flowers stolen? That's the most important thing to me besides mass cutting down of trees.
You'll get an item on the list, can check here, http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/snow-people/

Never had flowers stolen/disappear randomly.

Checked my inventory and it seems that one of the items stolen from my Town was my Festive Wreath.  Sigh... fuck you, whoever you are.

Checked my inventory and it seems that one of the items stolen from my Town was my Festive Wreath. Sigh... fuck you, whoever you are.
WTF? If you'd like I'll give you mine. People are assholes.

To reiterate what happened here to people who don't understand: Broly had an overflow of items that he kept on the grass in his town, but not near the station which is where us CAGers generally put free stuff. Some asshole who was probably not a CAGer stole valuable items from him. Let this be a lesson to all CAGers: If you need to store something valuable and like to keep your gates open, do it in the museum or the locker, NOT on your grass. Anyone can pick up anything left on the ground on the outside portion of your town.

Edit: Opening now. Snowing. That's about it other than the usual free stuff. I finally got all the ice furniture so I don't have to post all the time about snowmams anymore. Hooray! Also finished my bug collection after leaving out a spoiled turnip today.

I'll have to turn back time so I can see how the countdown looks like. Definitely won't be having my 3DS on just to see it when it actually happens hahaha

Redd is selling a green News Years hat in Boxden and a red one in Yolovile. I can buy extra if anyone is collecting all the colors. What colors do you guys have?

The Y hats are all yellow I believe. The top hats are different colors. If you can buy an extra blue hat for me that would be great. I can get you a red and green one or just pay you for the blue one.

I barely played at all today. Just checked my turnip prices and didn't even talk to Redd or Isabelle yet.

I wonder if it was my PM yesterday that brought Sycophantom back. Heh.

looking for animal crossing friends, FC 0920-0144-2468, pm if you add me and I'll add back! thanks! :)

I was wondering where you went! You used to post so much but then just stopped! Welcome back!

I have blue and yellow ("Y.") New Year's hats here. Will open up in a little bit. I'm not staying up either.
Buried a red New Year top hat right next to where Miranda buried the green one. I had no clue the "y" hats came in different colors as well.

bread's done
Back