Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
The Crunchyroll app is exactly the same on PS3/PS4. My ISP is crap so sometimes my quality dips randomly or it will hang for about a minute off and on (buffering you can say) but other than that, it works a majority of the time.

When I had my first trial with Crunchyroll (back in February), it constantly crashed just by doing the simplest things (browsing episodes too fast or skipping 2 episodes in a row, weird things like that) but that has since been fixed. Thank god.
The crunchyroll app is pretty unstable for me on my PS3. It crashes my PS3 just about every time I use it. My ISP is Verizon FiOS (50 down/50 up) and it still manages to buffer or not load videos. It seems like I might have better luck using the Xbox 360 app, so I'll start using it and see how it goes.

Paprika is a mother- fuck ing bat shit crazy movie that seriously fuck s with your mind, but it is good.

I can vouch for Paprika and Tekkonkreet as both are well worth it. I never saw Sky Crawlers though.

I actually have had an issue with this for a long time i recorded a bit of the crap it does a while ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF_RW-63JaQ&list=UUAza0RIPG8cGUVdteEgSoCQ

it just stops for no reason periodicly I am on wifi 1 room from my router but youtube app runs fine
Yep, my does the exact same thing but it does it at random. Some days it works perfectly then some days it just "hangs" like in your video or it will constantly play then buffer then play for a minute then be fine. Hulu and Netflix never had this problem on my consoles so it has to been the app and it's wonky problems (and probably not so good code and a lack of Q&A).

The crunchyroll app is pretty unstable for me on my PS3. It crashes my PS3 just about every time I use it. My ISP is Verizon FiOS (50 down/50 up) and it still manages to buffer or not load videos. It seems like I might have better luck using the Xbox 360 app, so I'll start using it and see how it goes.
Weird. Maybe try reinstalling it? I have my 360 packed up but let me know if it it works better on it. I haven't played 360 since last year, but Microsoft did remove the Gold paywall for streaming apps, right?

Weird. Maybe try reinstalling it? I have my 360 packed up but let me know if it it works better on it. I haven't played 360 since last year, but Microsoft did remove the Gold paywall for streaming apps, right?
Yep you no longer need Gold for most of the apps. The only problem I really have on the 360 for CR is that while you are watching it, it will sometimes skip slightly ahead. Other then that it works well for me.

We were talking about that at tos (the other site) and I'm pretty happy that we are getting another company. As we discussed over there the only thing I am worried about is if they charge Aniplex prices....
I don't think the R1 industry could handle another AoA. It's well for them since there the only ones doing it; along with them constantly getting big titles.

Pony canyon makes me think of Maico 2010, and Flame of Recca. (since I think they were the animation company for them)

Don't, the alternate ending sucks.
So that means that Zeta Gundam has two crappy endings? I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you because I didn't watch the movies yet and am not trying to put you on the spot, but I just can't see how they could further botch up how things went down at the end of the TV series. IMHO of course. :D

The overall ending is fairly standard Gundam fare, yes, but how they went about it and how it ended...was not what I was looking for.

I would be all over that movie collection if I didn't already have them.

I'm looking to replace an old ADV 2 disc case, one of the fat ones that open in 2 different parts but I'm having trouble locating that style anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to purchase one?

So that means that Zeta Gundam has two crappy endings? I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you because I didn't watch the movies yet and am not trying to put you on the spot, but I just can't see how they could further botch up how things went down at the end of the TV series. IMHO of course. :D

The overall ending is fairly standard Gundam fare, yes, but how they went about it and how it ended...was not what I was looking for.

I would be all over that movie collection if I didn't already have them.
Well ok, maybe it was the jet lag talking last night. So the movies bring about new (pretty good) animation scenes, kinda changes the tone of the series (less grim dark), and the ending is now a "happy" one. I am not a fan of the new happy ending since it changes the ZZ plot drastically. Not surprised how they turned out though given the time gap between the movies and series. I wouldn't pay top dollar for them but if you find a good deal on them, nothing wrong with having more Gundam in your life :D.

I'm looking to replace an old ADV 2 disc case, one of the fat ones that open in 2 different parts but I'm having trouble locating that style anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to purchase one?
I usually just go to used media stores, and check out their clearance DVD section. It was a fairly popular design in the past, and you can just go that route. I think I found one that was about trains, and then bought ut for $1, then chucked everything out including the DVDs to replace my case which didn't secure the discs inside anymore.

Well ok, maybe it was the jet lag talking last night. So the movies bring about new (pretty good) animation scenes, kinda changes the tone of the series (less grim dark), and the ending is now a "happy" one. I am not a fan of the new happy ending since it changes the ZZ plot drastically. Not surprised how they turned out though given the time gap between the movies and series. I wouldn't pay top dollar for them but if you find a good deal on them, nothing wrong with having more Gundam in your life :D.
I always considered the "new ending" as non canon since its inclusion would retcon ZZ.

Zeta's not one of my favorite Gundam series, but I always felt that the original TV series' ending was one of its strongest qualities. Hated seeing that changed for the movies. The other problem with the Zeta movies is the tacked on 'updated' animation. it's jarring to be watching the classic '80s animation mixed with the new footage. It's not like the original Gundam movie trilogy, which blended the "new" footage with the old seamlessly. Granted, the new animation for those original Gundam movies had been made only a couple of years after the series ended -- unlike Zeta which was 20 years later. 

You're the first to see the list of on-disc extras for the December 16 release of Cowboy Bebop!
Aren't you lucky...

DVD Extras (160 minutes):
    Memo from Bebop: The Dub Sessions Remembered - a brand new 95-minute original extra, featuring the original English-language cast of Cowboy Bebop as they give you the behind-the-scenes stories about recording this seminal series.
    Session #1 Audio Commentary with Koichi Yamadera (Spike) and Unshou Ishizuka (Jet)
    Session #5 Audio Commentary with Wendee Lee (Faye) and ADR Producer Yutaka Maseba
    Session #10 Audio Commentary with Wendee Lee (Faye) and ADR Producer Yutaka Maseba
    Interview with Cartoon Network Producer Sean Akins
    Session #17 Audio Commentary with Director Shinichiro Watanabe and Composer Yoko Kanno
    "Tank!" Full-Size Music Clip
    "Tank!" Club Remix Music Clip -UK Version-
    Session #24 Audio Commentary with Megumi Hayashibara (Faye) and Aoi Tada (Ed)
    Original Opening and Closing Songs
    Textless Opening and Closing Songs
    Ein's Summer Vacation
    Cowboy Bebop Session #0
    U.S. Trailer

Blu-ray Extras (227 minutes):
    All of the DVD extras, plus
    Dinner Aboard the Bebop, a brand new 68-minute original extra, featuring the original English-language cast of Cowboy Bebop reunited for dinner, drinks, and a very special script reading!

That's cool - again, I wasn't trying to be a pain. Life does a good enough job of that. -_-

There are parts of that ending that I do like, but it certainly doesn't match up to how good most of the rest of the anime is IMHO. Perhaps it's because I dislike how things unfolded for some of the main characters. It's probably a combination of things.

All that said, would I pay top dollar for the movies myself? Oh no.

You're the first to see the list of on-disc extras for the December 16 release of Cowboy Bebop!
Aren't you lucky...

DVD Extras (160 minutes):
Memo from Bebop: The Dub Sessions Remembered - a brand new 95-minute original extra, featuring the original English-language cast of Cowboy Bebop as they give you the behind-the-scenes stories about recording this seminal series.
Session #1 Audio Commentary with Koichi Yamadera (Spike) and Unshou Ishizuka (Jet)
Session #5 Audio Commentary with Wendee Lee (Faye) and ADR Producer Yutaka Maseba
Session #10 Audio Commentary with Wendee Lee (Faye) and ADR Producer Yutaka Maseba
Interview with Cartoon Network Producer Sean Akins
Session #17 Audio Commentary with Director Shinichiro Watanabe and Composer Yoko Kanno
"Tank!" Full-Size Music Clip
"Tank!" Club Remix Music Clip -UK Version-
Session #24 Audio Commentary with Megumi Hayashibara (Faye) and Aoi Tada (Ed)
Original Opening and Closing Songs
Textless Opening and Closing Songs
Ein's Summer Vacation
Cowboy Bebop Session #0
U.S. Trailer

Blu-ray Extras (227 minutes):
All of the DVD extras, plus
Dinner Aboard the Bebop, a brand new 68-minute original extra, featuring the original English-language cast of Cowboy Bebop reunited for dinner, drinks, and a very special script reading!
Finally some good extras for once. Anyway after many delay the Time of EVE kickstarter version has finally started shipping. Just received my copy today.

65dda675-63ca-4c92-9685-94b68a8b526d.jpg

A really wonderful set!

Yeah, some interesting sounding extras for Bebop that's for sure. I did sign up for that Bebop newsletter (or at least I think I did). Maybe it's because I let my elite sub run out or whatever. I remember when AoT's dub reveals were only exclusive to them too. It seems kind of silly to hide that info, but whatever. :lol: EDIT: Seems it was on their blog! lol

I checked out the Time of EVE site, seems interesting. Let us know how it is? 

I always considered the "new ending" as non canon since its inclusion would retcon ZZ.
Yea, it is labeled as "Alternate Universe".

Zeta's not one of my favorite Gundam series, but I always felt that the original TV series' ending was one of its strongest qualities. Hated seeing that changed for the movies. The other problem with the Zeta movies is the tacked on 'updated' animation. it's jarring to be watching the classic '80s animation mixed with the new footage. It's not like the original Gundam movie trilogy, which blended the "new" footage with the old seamlessly. Granted, the new animation for those original Gundam movies had been made only a couple of years after the series ended -- unlike Zeta which was 20 years later.
Agreed

My Sankarea Order from Dr. Nope came in immaculate condition.
I'll get mine tomorrow!

That's cool - again, I wasn't trying to be a pain. Life does a good enough job of that. -_-

There are parts of that ending that I do like, but it certainly doesn't match up to how good most of the rest of the anime is IMHO. Perhaps it's because I dislike how things unfolded for some of the main characters. It's probably a combination of things.

All that said, would I pay top dollar for the movies myself? Oh no.
No worries, I like having Gundam debates lol.

Finally some good extras for once. Anyway after many delay the Time of EVE kickstarter version has finally started shipping. Just received my copy today.

65dda675-63ca-4c92-9685-94b68a8b526d.jpg

A really wonderful set!
I want ;_; let me know how it is! I wonder if I order it off their website, will I get what you got.

Can someone plz tell me what's the difference between MSG Chars Counterattack (anime movie classics) and the one without the anime movie classics stamp.
The one without the AMC stamp used to come with a slipcover and lil booklet. The AMC one was the last reprint Bandai did before they went under.

DPsb6G4.jpg

^^^

If you order from the site and use the paypal link you'll just get the version that is out already. I believe it is the Japanese version with English subs. I regret not ever getting in on that kickstarter. Sucks cause I was broke at the time. :(

I just got a loyalty coupon from GoHastings for 35% off Blus and DVDs. I'm not sure if this is random or if its going out to other guys but I guess I'll see if I can put it to use. 

EDIT: Code HOTPOCKET gives you 30% off movies too (ends on the 30th)

Time of Eve set looks great. I got my shipping info yesterday. I think I have to wait for the fanbook till November.

This came in today. Looking forward to this

b7gDqr0.jpg

^^^

If you order from the site and use the paypal link you'll just get the version that is out already. I believe it is the Japanese version with English subs. I regret not ever getting in on that kickstarter. Sucks cause I was broke at the time. :(
Booooooooooooo

If you order Time of Eve from their site now for $49.99 would it be just a barebones version or would it look that sexy~ lol
I think it would be barebones for now but I know they are planning on releasing the english version on their site (I believe they are planning on making sure to get out all the kickstarter ones now though)

when they do have that up most of that set will be there but...

For those who purchase this Blu-ray through the Kickstarter campaign, each Blu-ray will include 8 postcards of the characters. This is the complete set of postcards, and is an exclusive for this Kickstarter campaign!
was listed on the kickstarter page so those won't be included.

I have never watched a Gundam series on DVD as they were on TV so much back in the day. 0080 is short but good from what I remember. The last mecha anime I watched was Valvrave which was surprisingly good despite some of the dumb things that anime did at times. 

All 3 of the side stories (0080, 0083, 08th MS Team) are good. Unicorn is amazing, 00 is overall very good, and Build Fighters (not licensed in the US but up on the Gundam YouTube channel subbed) is a lot of fun. Zeta and Char's Counterattack are great too.

Can anyone reccomend me a Gundam series?

G is my favorite and I've seen a bit of the original and Wing.
Wing is my personal favorite and if you have been reading the forum I too have been asking for a new Gundam series to watch. I ended up picking up SEED. The fine gents and ladies if applicable recommended watching SEED, skipping the movies and Destiny the sequel altogether. I ended up buying Volumes 1-5 for about 20 bucks between eBay, Half.com, and Amazon.com

Gohastings is having a sale so you may be able to find some stuff there but Buyer Beware the stuff is used and hit or miss. My order form last weekend came in and it reeked of smoke and a warped cover to go along with it. Only form of customer service was a refund that would take about a month to go through and on account of everyone else on online forums almost never comes through

Can anyone reccomend me a Gundam series?

G is my favorite and I've seen a bit of the original and Wing.
08th MS Team, 0083: Stardust Memory , and 0080: War in the Pocket are pretty good. If you liked Wing, then you may like SEED. Zeta Gundam is good too if you are looking for a more darker toned Gundam (and lots of face slapping lol).

Aniplex is releasing SAO- Extra Edition on Bluray 12/23. The cost is $49.98 and preorders starts 9/29

http://www.swordart-onlineusa.com/sao1/package/bluray-ee.html

The Sequel to the Hit Anime “SWORD ART ONLINE” and Prequel to the New Chapter, “SWORD ART ONLINE II”!!

On a hot summer day, Kazuto (Kirito) takes Suguha (Leafa) to his school, to meet Asuna, Keiko (Silica) and Rika (Lisbeth). Their mission: teach Suguha how to swim. Kazuto, however, has a prior commitment to see Seijiro Kikuoka, an officer with the Virtual Reality Section of the Department of General Affairs. Kikuoka wants to go over Kazuto’s recollection of his time in SAO and ALO, to resolve some unanswered questions. Later in ALO, Kirito and the girls (along with Klein and Agil), embark on an underwater quest to show Yui her very first whale. But the deeper down they go, the more mysterious the quest becomes…
Extras

Special Animation ”Sword Art Offline” (English subtitled)

SAO II Trailer

Deluxe Booklet

Exclusive Poster

They also announced Silver Spoon S2 on DVD for $59.98. I'm obligated to get that to round out the series but I won't be happy about it not getting a bluray.

I was checking out Amazon Warehouse Deals and found a couple of things:

Robotics;Notes vol 1 LE - There's a $14.25 VG copy that might come with the chipboard box. There's also a $13.73 one that most assuredly does not.
Update on the VG copy I bought, which arrived today: It indeed came with the chipboard box and came in great condition (a slight dent on one of the chipboard box's corners, but it's not bad at all). :D/

bread's done
Back