Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

Weeeelp Akame ga Kill finished. Anyone else watched the finale?

Also watched Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun. Pretty funny series.
nope, i didn't even know it ended. it became a trainwreck into the last few epsiodes,

i am actually looking forward to some upcoming anime like death billiards

Last edited by a moderator:
Weeeelp Akame ga Kill finished. Anyone else watched the finale?

Also watched Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun. Pretty funny series.
Saw it. Felt really rushed and like they
killed Leone just to kill her

I'd say the last 5 episodes or so just really went downhill...everything before that I loved though.

Saw it. Felt really rushed and like they
killed Leone just to kill her

I'd say the last 5 episodes or so just really went downhill...everything before that I loved though.
yeah, i agree. i cannot wait till next year when toyko ghoul season 2, and aldnoah zero season 2 come back.

I thought Akame ga Kill was good however the finale dragged it down (like most anime)
Killing Leone was tacked on and it pissed me off. It's like they killed her just to kill her before the series ended.

It's really hard to talk about this anime without spoilers and I don't want to fill up an entire page with spoilers. I'll just say mid season it got way too predictable.

Been catching up with Bakuman. I started it ages ago and initially didn't like that much compared to the manga however I quite enjoy it now. One episode left and i'm done with season two.

Figure i'll finish season three then start watching Steins; Gate - hearing good things about it. 

Been catching up with Bakuman. I started it ages ago and initially didn't like that much compared to the manga however I quite enjoy it now. One episode left and i'm done with season two.

Figure i'll finish season three then start watching Steins; Gate - hearing good things about it.
I'll vouch for Steins; Gate. But it takes maybe 7 or 8 episode to really pick up. But when does prepare for a roller-coaster of mindfucks. Probably one of my favorite anime, most definatly in my top 10.

Anything currently on Netflix worth watching? Only shows I've seen on there are:

Welcome to NHK, AoT, SAO, Devil Part Timer & Samurai Champloo.

I'm running low on shows and I haven't hit up Netflix in a while. I don't care about the genre, I'll settle for anything from romantic comedies to thrillers. I guess if anything I'd prefer a shorter show, say around 12-25 episodes long. Thanks guys.

It's not anime, but The Secret of Kells is great.

Anime, I haven't seen a lot of the newer stuff, but I do enjoy (though none of it is groundbreaking): Bubblegum Crisis 2040, Blood+ (52 eps), .hack//Quantum, Ouran High School Host Club, Gurren Lagann, Fullmetal Alchemist and Soul Eater.

I've heard good things about Knights of Sidonia, Princess Jellyfish, Eden of the East and Pyscho-Pass.

Anything currently on Netflix worth watching? Only shows I've seen on there are:

I'm running low on shows and I haven't hit up Netflix in a while. I don't care about the genre, I'll settle for anything from romantic comedies to thrillers. I guess if anything I'd prefer a shorter show, say around 12-25 episodes long. Thanks guys.
Fate/Zero is on it and it's pretty darn good.

I'm a few episodes into Fate/Zero but it's been months. I knda forgot what's going on. I need to give this another go since I hear everyone talk about it.

I was thinking about Psycho Pass and Ouran High School Host Club.

It's not anime, but The Secret of Kells is great.

Anime, I haven't seen a lot of the newer stuff, but I do enjoy (though none of it is groundbreaking): Bubblegum Crisis 2040, Blood+ (52 eps), .hack//Quantum, Ouran High School Host Club, Gurren Lagann, Fullmetal Alchemist and Soul Eater.

I've heard good things about Knights of Sidonia, Princess Jellyfish, Eden of the East and Pyscho-Pass.
knights of sidonia is a good one.

if you like madoka magica, you should watch selector infected wixoss ( the sequel: selector spread wixoss,if you enjoyed it ) , and Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru. if you just want to watch slice of genre animes like Barakamon.,

more slice of life you should watch Hanayamata, Gugure! Kokkuri-san, sora no method, Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de

romance/comedies: Amagi Brilliant Park, Madan no Ou to Vanadis( this one contains slight ecchi/action) Denki-gai no Honya-san, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha! , Majimoji Rurumo, Akatsuki no Yona, Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai ( A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd), Glasslip, Jinsei

Action/adventure : world trigger, Nanatsu no Taizai ( seven deadly sins), Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis( mmo game turn into anime),Hitsugi no Chaika, Sanzoku no Musume Ronja( studio Ghibli,
anime series), tokyo esp

I'm a few episodes into Fate/Zero but it's been months. I knda forgot what's going on. I need to give this another go since I hear everyone talk about it.

I was thinking about Psycho Pass and Ouran High School Host Club.
both are fun shows.

psycho pass has plenty of cliches for the genre in it but does them interestingly

ouran is a fun romanting comedy.

I'll probably check out the first episodes of Ouran High School Host Club and Psycho Pass and see if any of those stick.

Haven't watch Mushi-Shi in awhile. Might watch more of that too.

Watched several episodes of Ouran last night. The Netflix version has delayed subtitles which was really annoying. I couldn't get used to it so I switched to the dubbed version and it aint bad so I'll stick with that.

Also watching Mushi-Shi dubbed which is pretty good too.

Watched several episodes of Ouran last night. The Netflix version has delayed subtitles which was really annoying. I couldn't get used to it so I switched to the dubbed version and it aint bad so I'll stick with that.

Also watching Mushi-Shi dubbed which is pretty good too.
Nice, I didn't know Mushi-Shi was on Netflix. Psycho Pass S1 has the dub/sub on Netflix too, I can at least say that S1 is good although I'm hearing that S2 is kind of rocky. I'll be marathoning it once it finishes its run.

In other news, I just finished Tokyo Ghoul last night. I'm not exactly fan of season finales with a ton of unresolved conflicts but I guess it's safe to say that a S2 is around the corner.
I like how holding girls by the neck is apparently taboo on Japanese TV. The censors in this anime are stupid.

Ouran is good. Rewatching it now.

Finished Toradora yesterday and loved it! Any recs for a similar series?
If you want to stay on the feel train, Kids on the Slope is good if you haven't seen it.

Mushi-Shi is not on Netflix, I was watching it on Hulu. Sorry for the confusion.

But this Pet Girl has me interested. I'll check that out too.

Ouran is good. Rewatching it now.

Finished Toradora yesterday and loved it! Any recs for a similar series?
People already mentioned Golden Time & Kids on the Slope (both on Hulu & Crunchyroll) which are both great choices. Kids on the Slope is more on the drama, but it hits you in the feels in a good way. Especially episode 5 and the finale. One of the most perfect endings to an anime I've seen.

Golden Time has almost every trope you could think of but it handles them well. It's also one of the few romantic anime where the main characters kiss, talk about sex and have a less cliched relationship than your typical anime. It's slightly more mature than your typical anime romance.

Your Lie in April (Hulu & Crunchyroll). It's ongoing with about 10 episodes out now. That op theme is majestic.

Barakamon (Hulu) Unlike the others It's not a romantic high school comedy. But such a feel good anime. Funny too.

Silver Spoon (Hulu & Crunchyroll) Both funny and uplifting. Who knew an anime about an agricultural school could be so damn good. I loved the pizza episode. And Pork Bowl... who could forget him.

^ It's cool. I never keep up with the anime catalog on Netflix since it's always changing. 

I got the following in my queue:

Streaming:

Akame ga Kill

Working!!! (both series)

Streaming (on the side):

Fairy Tail 

Gintama

Fate/Stay Night UBW

Mushi Shi S2

Blu Ray Queue:

Cowboy Bebop (that HD master looks great)

Shakugan no Shana S2/S3 & Movie 

Guilty Crown

^ It's cool. I never keep up with the anime catalog on Netflix since it's always changing.

I got the following in my queue:

Streaming:

Akame ga Kill

Working!!! (both series)

Streaming (on the side):

Fairy Tail

Gintama

Fate/Stay Night UBW

Mushi Shi S2

Blu Ray Queue:

Cowboy Bebop (that HD master looks great)

Shakugan no Shana S2/S3 & Movie

Guilty Crown
guilty crown is good, and underrated

Nice, I didn't know Mushi-Shi was on Netflix. Psycho Pass S1 has the dub/sub on Netflix too, I can at least say that S1 is good although I'm hearing that S2 is kind of rocky. I'll be marathoning it once it finishes its run.

In other news, I just finished Tokyo Ghoul last night. I'm not exactly fan of season finales with a ton of unresolved conflicts but I guess it's safe to say that a S2 is around the corner.

If you want to stay on the feel train, Kids on the Slope is good if you haven't seen it.
tokyo ghoul s2 is schedule to air on january 9 ,2015. that is the whole reason behind the s1 ending

I watched the first three episodes of Patlabor. I find the female lead to be kinda annoying, but the show manages to make her tolerable since the main stories don't feature her as much. Dan Green was voicing her partner.

What is this Working!!!? Something else on my que, looks interesting.

Thanks guys, now I have ton of anime to keep me busy.
I went into it blind and only heard a few things about it but its basically about a group of teens who work in a small restaurant/cafe. Pretty funny so far.

tokyo ghoul s2 is schedule to air on january 9 ,2015. that is the whole reason behind the s1 ending
Well, I figured as much. The ending while okay would of sucked if it a new season wasn't around the corner. They really need that anime on a later timeslot so that there won't be as much censoring. Looking forward to it either way.

guilty crown is good, and underrated
Been waiting to own all of it before watching it all. The first episode wasn't that great (tried it a few months ago) but I hope it gets better.

I watched the first three episodes of Patlabor. I find the female lead to be kinda annoying, but the show manages to make her tolerable since the main stories don't feature her as much. Dan Green was voicing her partner.
I heard the dub for that was really so I didn't bother with it. I also recently started the show,which is pretty good other than a couple subpar animation sequences.

I went into it blind and only heard a few things about it but its basically about a group of teens who work in a small restaurant/cafe. Pretty funny so far.

Well, I figured as much. The ending while okay would of sucked if it a new season wasn't around the corner. They really need that anime on a later timeslot so that there won't be as much censoring. Looking forward to it either way.

Been waiting to own all of it before watching it all. The first episode wasn't that great (tried it a few months ago) but I hope it gets better.
i kinda enjoyed the first episode for guilty crown, it is kinda of slow at the start. guilty crown is more similar to your usual mecha type anime. if you don't like mechas type anime, you probably won't like it. since you like Gintama, you will be happy to know. a new season for it, is schedule to be release in april 2015. Fate/Stay Night UBW is good.

if you liked working, you should def check out Denki-gai no Honya-san

Great to hear more working is on the way. Maybe if we pray hard enough, we'll get a dub for the older seasons.

It also boggles my mind that they just can't give anime a name like S2 and instead it ends with " ' " or a 2. Fairy Tail kept its name when it resumed so why can't other animes do the same?

Sword Art Online 2 and Inou Battle finished. Anyone else watch these series and if so what's your thoughts?

SOA2 started off really strong. I enjoyed the Gun mmo arc and wish they would've stayed on that longer. The second half had no direction. It was like watching filler. The last 3 or 4 episodes were dull. But I wont lie, the finale had me choked up a little bit.

I went into Inou Battle thinking I was getting a bunch of magical battles but left with a harem romantic comedy. Not that I'm complaining because I really enjoyed it. I'm guessing/wishing a season 2 is around the corner considering how it ended. But overall the ending was weak but everything else was fun.

And caught up with Yowapeda. freakin' epic. Abs..... poor abs...

And I just read Gintama is returning in April. I need to catch up with that one.

8 years ago, today, I proposed to my wife using a complicated scavenger hunt.  I gave her a wedding guest list, with a bunch of anime couples on the list.  She then had to remember what show each couple was from, and check the first disc in each anime.  Each first disc slot contained a word, and when you put all the words together, it said, "Look in my mom's purse."

I haven't actually watched any anime since the holidays started (tragic, I know) but I just saw Aniplex started releasing Gintama on Blu Ray in Japan. I know the chances are slim for Sentai but hopefully someone will re-license it (c'mon Viz) and just release a Ramna-like season set on Blu. 

With Gintama hitting Blu I can only guess that more Jump animes maybe getting the HD treatment soon. 

Edit: Link - http://www.aniplex.co.jp/gintama/bd/bdbox.html -- Each box set contains about 50 episodes with each box set being released throughout next year.

I don't think Gin Tama will last as long as One Piece, Naruto, or Case Closed, so it will be a series I will consider owning on disc. But I hope Viz uses the Crunchy Roll subs since I noticed they are extremely competent, much better than the time I watched a few episodes via fansub in the beginning.

bread's done
Back