Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

For those who follow the Pokémon movies, the main poster for the Hoopa movie was revealed. Apparently, Hoopa will use its dimensional powers to bring not just Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, but also (Shiny) Mega Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Lugia, Latios, Latias, and Kyurem.

For those who follow the Pokémon movies, the main poster for the Hoopa movie was revealed. Apparently, Hoopa will use its dimensional powers to bring not just Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, but also (Shiny) Mega Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Lugia, Latios, Latias, and Kyurem.
pokemon movies? ive only seen the one with mew two and the brown lion (forgot the pokemon name).. if i would to catch up. which movies i should watch?

thanks

The fandom mostly picks these as the best of the lot:

Movie 3: Spell of the Unown
Movie 8: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
Movie 11: Giratina and the Sky Warrior
Movie 15: Kyurem and the Sword of Justice

I will say that the only really bad movies are Movie 2 (The Power of One), Movie 4 (4Ever), and Movie 7 (Destiny Deoxys).

Started watching Cowboy Bebop. I only saw it once way back in the Toonami era and I vaguely remember the story. What a damn good show.

Bebop was on AS so many times that I've lost count on how many times I've actually finished the series. Probably 5 times from beginning to end than I've seen random episodes since AS reaired so many times from 2001 now. The HD version looks great too. 

Oh, and I reached episode 100 of Gintama. I just felt like it was a milestone since I've been watching it off and on for like the past 2 or 3 years. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bebop was on AS so many times that I've lost count on how many times I've actually finished the series. Probably 5 times from beginning to end than I've seen random episodes since AS reaired so many times from 2001 now. The HD version looks great too.
lol, I'm a night owl, so it's closer to 20+ times for me. And I haven't even watched Remix or Remastered.

Is there some change between the original Disney DVD release of Kiki's Delivery Service and the new Blu-ray that I'm not aware of? I am selling the original release on eBay and it's at almost $25.

I know the Castle in the Sky Blu-ray got rid of the revamped soundtrack (which is making me consider keeping the original release), but was there something taken out of the Kiki Blu-ray?

i kinda want to buy princess maononoke cuz it was my first anime movie i ever watch.but $20 for a movie thats really old. idk 

So I'm watching an anime and there is something about a main character I thought I missed so I thought I'd google and check.

Go to google, type in characters name and the first suggestion is: "character name" death.

Thanks google.

Can't bring myself to finish it now despite how good it has been so far.

So I'm watching an anime and there is something about a main character I thought I missed so I thought I'd google and check.

Go to google, type in characters name and the first suggestion is: "character name" death.

Thanks google.

If you don't mind me asking, which anime?

Finished season 1 of Pet Girl of Sakurasou. It was okay. Packed with every anime trope you could think of, but it had it's funny moments.

Thanks google.

[attachment=12265:Untitled.jpg]

I know I'm a couple of days late for when you were talking about anime sets that have good/unique packaging, but here's a few of my favorites:

School Rumble - It had a metal school locker that housed all of the discs, and every volume came with a set of magnets. I actually bought a second set of magnets from a place that rented the discs, and have the cast dressed as animals hanging up here at work.

Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig special editions - These came in a group of metal capsule like containers that slipped into a molded case inside of a single metal container. It helps that I picked these all up used for a cheap price, but the end product was still impressive looking.

Rozen Maiden - Volume one (when it still belonged to Geneon) came in a 6 volume chipboard box that had a gold ink embossed image and a velvet like covering.

And although there isn't anything special about the cases themselves, I really liked how the various Genshiken releases were all done with artwork that resembled packaging from various hobbies associated with the show. Among the covers are nods to things like Gundam model kits, Newtype magazine, and PS4 games.

I went ahead and watched it. Really sad. Is the twist you're talking about
when she said she planned to kill him after all the swords were collected?
Yeah that was the scene. It kinda came out of the nowhere(even though it was foreshadowed during the Sage episode).
You from mourning over her death to pitying her over wasting her life over a totally pointless revenge.

Yeah that was the scene. It kinda came out of the nowhere(even though it was foreshadowed during the Sage episode).
You from mourning over her death to pitying her over wasting her life over a totally pointless revenge.
I'm still in the mourning phase. I don't know why but it makes me really sad she gets killed. I don't really understand why she was killed either.

Your sig is making me feel better though :p

If you mean the seasons where he's not a moron, and just a womanizer, then, yes.
I haven't seen the show, but if he is a womanizer, I would say outlaw star would be a closer match and if he is a moron-trigun. Man trigun was such a disappointing series. I don't think I even finished it.

No, I mean the seasons of Johnny Bravo where Johnny isn't a moron. Dandy isn't a moron, just a major womanizer.
And a constant failure to seal the deal as well. And while not a complete moron he is a bit of a buffoon at times.

And I compare it to Cowboy Bebop because Dandy and crew are constantly missing their bounty as a running gag.

I haven't seen the show, but if he is a womanizer, I would say outlaw star would be a closer match and if he is a moron-trigun. Man trigun was such a disappointing series. I don't think I even finished it.
Vash wasn't really a moron, I always thought he played the fool to throw bad guys off guard.

I stayed up way too late watching a ton of anime on Sunday night. I'm still feeling it. It's my own fault.

Vash wasn't really a moron, I always thought he played the fool to throw bad guys off guard.
This. Vash is a genius. He knew what he was doing stumbling around looking like an idiot all the time using precision shooting passing it off as luck.

I stayed up way too late watching a ton of anime on Sunday night. I'm still feeling it. It's my own fault.

This. Vash is a genius. He knew what he was doing stumbling around looking like an idiot all the time using precision shooting passing it off as luck.
He was an intentional fool. I forgot. I just remember being frustrated because the guy would do everything in his power to avoid killing people and he would act like a fool. Technically he is not a moron, but at a point how people see you becomes reality, so in his world he is a "lucky moron".

That was sort of expected, since he and Millions Knives aren't exactly normal....

I mean, they're nearly 200 years old,
and their siblings basically power all the colonies.
He need a way to hide amongst the people, so he pretends he's just lucky. You get a glimpse early on that it wasn't luck (the water in the desert episode). And you see the silliness is just an act any time something serious comes along (other than Dominique the Cyclopes).

You know you are getting old when people are saying Trigun is a disappointing anime. It may start a little slow but that 2nd half will tear you apart. All the feels yet so many great battles. I'd give it another go.

You know you are getting old when people are saying Trigun is a disappointing anime. It may start a little slow but that 2nd half will tear you apart. All the feels yet so many great battles. I'd give it another go.
Well I did watch a bootlegged/fan translated VHS version before it released in the states. I needed to see if it was worth ordering. I ended up buying some copies because I knew the look of Vash would sell copies. It was the same company that made Ninja Scroll, so I trusted that it would be popular even if I didn't like it.

I remember he started to fight the 9 or 7 or 11 enemies. I remember a guy with a saxophone. Other than that it is a blur. It was almost 20 years ago though.

Trigun is an amazing anime, first stumbled upon it a year ago with the Badlands Rumble movie. Never too young to start on a classic such as this.

Well I did watch a bootlegged/fan translated VHS version before it released in the states. I needed to see if it was worth ordering. I ended up buying some copies because I knew the look of Vash would sell copies. It was the same company that made Ninja Scroll, so I trusted that it would be popular even if I didn't like it.

I remember he started to fight the 9 or 7 or 11 enemies. I remember a guy with a saxophone. Other than that it is a blur. It was almost 20 years ago though.
Whelp, you are probably older than I am. The dub that was officially released was pretty well done.

Yes I am old. :oldman:

Is black butler worth watching? My library has it on blu.

There is also an anime with a chick in a pink tutu (almost a maids outfit) with pink hair? that looks like it is bloody or horror. I want to say she was fighting a vampire or a beast of some sort.

I know that narrows it down immensely. I think it is either steins gate or shiki. Are either of those good?

Yes I am old. :oldman:

Is black butler worth watching? My library has it on blu.

There is also an anime with a chick in a pink tutu (almost a maids outfit) with pink hair? that looks like it is bloody or horror. I want to say she was fighting a vampire or a beast of some sort.

I know that narrows it down immensely. I think it is either steins gate or shiki. Are either of those good?
black butler was surprisingly enjoyable for me, not great but if you have access to it for free it wouldn't be the worst thing you could do with your free time. As for steins gate or shiki. I haven't watched steins gate yet (been meaning to but chaos head burned me so hard I was afraid for a long time to watch it) but it's supposed to be great. As for shiki it's a solid watch from the same author of Twelve Kingdoms and Ghost Hunt (both good watches though both kind of just end)

are you consider old if this is the first or one of the first anime's you ever watched?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEDe2jWS3O4

i watch this in spanish and it was called Super Campeones (Super Champions) 

Yes, Stiens Gate is damn good. For sure in my top 5 animes. After episode 8 or 9 your mind will be blown. Every episode after that is a mind fuck. I love it. In fact I thank this thread for recommending it. Also it harem anime done right.

are you consider old if this is the first or one of the first anime's you ever watched?

i watch this in spanish and it was called Super Campeones (Super Champions)
It depends on when you watched it. The anime has been around since the 80's. The manga came out the year I was born (1981). good year. I went to the Manga Museum in Kyoto a year ago. They had huge columns reaching to the celling, kinda like when you see those elaborate libraries in movies. A column for for each year. I checked out my year and Captain Tsubasa seemed to be the most important one. I look at it as my "Manga/Anime" Zodiac sign.

Yes, Stiens Gate is damn good. For sure in my top 5 animes. After episode 8 or 9 your mind will be blown. Every episode after that is a mind fuck. I love it. In fact I thank this thread for recommending it. Also it harem anime done right.

It depends on when you watched it. The anime has been around since the 80's. The manga came out the year I was born (1981). good year. I went to the Manga Museum in Kyoto a year ago. They had huge columns reaching to the celling, kinda like when you see those elaborate libraries in movies. A column for for each year. I checked out my year and Captain Tsubasa seemed to be the most important one. I look at it as my "Manga/Anime" Zodiac sign.
i watched that anime back in 93-95 or 94-95 i was born in 89. i remember watching it with my bros . Japanese cartoon 0_o

bread's done
Back