Any alabama CAGs?

Heads up, AL CAG's. The Circuit City in Trussville is Closing. as of this post

Games 15% off
PC Games 20%
DVD/Blu 25%

Check the CC Clearance thread as well for games. I found a 360 Dynasty Warriors Gundam for 14.49.
I cross-posted in that thread as well.

[quote name='cmndrhavok']Heads up, AL CAG's. The Circuit City in Trussville is Closing. as of this post

Games 15% off
PC Games 20%
DVD/Blu 25%

Check the CC Clearance thread as well for games. I found a 360 Dynasty Warriors Gundam for 14.49.
I cross-posted in that thread as well.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.... might have to check that out as I travel between Montgomery and Huntsville for the holidays. How are they looking on PC games, percentage off for stuff like PC speakers/home A/V equipment, etc??? I'm sure the markdown increments are going to slowly crawl further down. Any concrete final day on their operations (or rumors of one from the employees)?

[quote name='Skylander7']Hmmm.... might have to check that out as I travel between Montgomery and Huntsville for the holidays. How are they looking on PC games, percentage off for stuff like PC speakers/home A/V equipment, etc??? I'm sure the markdown increments are going to slowly crawl further down. Any concrete final day on their operations (or rumors of one from the employees)?[/QUOTE]

I know PC games are at 20% as of 11/23
I'll get back to you on the speakers, A/V, etc.

I believe the last day of business will be 12/31.

I thought about stopping by the Trussville CC, but I was really lazy and I had a feeling it wouldn't be worth the trip. I went to the CC in Newnan, GA that was closing over Thanksgiving and the "deals" were pretty crappy aside from DVDs.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']I miss the Eastwood TRU. :(

Though the Galleria TRU has made some pretty drastic improvements in their R-Zone over the past year or so, it was pretty dismal for a while (messy, poor selection, etc) - while I never had problems finding stuff at the old Eastwood location.

Plus, as you guys have alluded to, having one more TRU would mean one more possible place to find their clearance titles.

On a semi-related note, I'm kinda surprised that their old building still sits vacant. Granted, the Eastwood area isn't much better off than it was when TRU left (just look at the state of Century Plaza), but still - with as much retail activity that has blown up literally right across the street this year, it seems like someone might have snatched up a lease on that pretty great spot by now.[/quote]

I'm surprised that its closed down. I have some great memories at that toys-r-us, like when I wanted Ninja Turtles game but my dad got NBA Live instead... wait, I only have bad memories there.

Does anybody know if the Sears @ Century Plaza has any deals on games? I'm thinking about going by there this weekend but I'm out of town right now.

Pensacola, Fl here.. but the rest of Florida considers us LA, also. Grew up in Prattville before it turned into prattvegas though. ROLL TIDE

To all Birmingham CAGs: Chick-fil-a is having free Chicken sandwiches at all Birmingham restaurants this Thursday between 5-8. Expect crowds. :lol:

I live in Madison/Huntsville. HSV address but really in Madison. It's nice around here, not many deals though besides the Sears on University and the two Targets.

Hey anyone finding anything good in the Montgomery/Prattville area? Seems like I'm the only one finding good deals since I never see any posts except mine in the deals threads.

Birmingham here! Live behind the Target on 280 so I pretty much check it daily - I'll try to keep an active list to save some people gas and time.

9/14/09

280 Target has:

PS3
Warhawk 7.48 (I recommend this for this price).
X Blades 14.98 (2) - waiting for one at 7.48 myself! Just dropped from 40+.
50cent 21.xx (2)

PSP
Ton of titles I didn't find worth noting, looks like the papatons got picked up.

DS
Metric ton of titles here, far too many to list. Sonic being the only one I saw worth speaking to, ton of kids games.

PS2:
Phantasy Star Universe 3.47

XBOX:
Nothing under $20.
On Clearance: GHWT (game only), Dynasty Warriors, Harry Potter.

Wii:
Bunch of kids games, not much notbale, think they had Harry Potter here too.

Trussville Target:
Still waiting for SOCOM bundle to drop below $40.98...
Most 'mark downs' are at $25ish. Xbox Street Fighter, etc. Nothing under $20 really. Lots of kids games here too.

Fultondale Target:
Not much... not much at all. Only notable was 14.98 NFS Pro Street for PS3... Although I'd probably only pay 7.48 for that game.

Irondale K-Mart: If anything is on clearnance you'll have to scan it, they don't keep up with anything here. Good luck. Did see a Tiger Woods 08 PS3 for $5 a week ago or so.

Irondale Wal-Mart: 2 Copies each of Army of Two (PS3 / XBX) and Valykria Chronicles for $19.96.

Galleria TRU: Bunch of crappy Wii games. NHL 2k8 (PS3) or something in the clearance bin. Also Fracture if I recall.

Galleria SEARS: Who knows, category is a wreck, can't bring myself to wade through the crap of trying to get an employee to scan all the titles I'm interested in. Everything in their clearance bin is just poorly priced (Gears of War 1 PH for 29.99).

BBV 280/Irondale/Summit (Overton):
Only notables I found were Samurai Bikini Squad XBX 14.99 and Armored Core 4 PS3 9.99. Think both had Bad Company. not much else to speak of, the rest is out of case stuff. Some decent out of case XBX stuff, ton of PS2 crap.

If anyone sees those SOCOM bundles drop, let me know been eying it for awhile now. Other than that try to save me one of the X Blades.

That's quite a bit of footwork you've done there. :lol:

I know the Hoover Walmart had a bunch of Valkyria Chronicles when I went.

Seeing that list actually makes me miss Circuit City, I was able to get a ton of great deals there. CompUSA was always a bust, but I could at least count on Circuit City to have something decent.

Izod, I haven't been in a while, but there's a video games store in Chelsea in the Winn-Dixie shopping center. I don't remember what their used deals are like, but they do take trade-ins and last I checked the values were pretty decent. I'll have to make a note of it to stop by next time I'm out there.

I'm probably missing a lot of Wii and XBX stuff, I try to take note but if it's not a "Tier 1/2" title I don't bother remembering it. I'm on vacation this week so I have more updates than usual. I'll probably really only update Target 280 on Mondays since I live so close. Whenever I get to the other stores who knows.

Updates 9/15/09:

280 Target
They were still scanning games late afternoon yesterday. I know they still had to go over the Wii section. Titles I noted were already on clearance that they had obviously scanned. I'll check back later and see if anything notable was added.

Trussville Target
PS3
LOTR: Conquest 7.48
GHWT 1 Guitar: 22.48 (2 copies)
SOCOM Bundles - GONE =( I refuse to believe they sold all 7 of them at 40.98 considering they had been sitting there for weeks. I can only assume they were marked down and scooped up, or and employee took them, or they actually returned them. I looked EVERYWHERE in the store for them and they were no where to be found. The employees were useless in aiding me. Seriously I was eying this for awhile if anyone sees them or knows what happened let me know.

XBX
Wanted 12.48

PS2
GHWT 1 Guitar Bundle 22.48

Clearance game selection was lighter than usual here, it really looks as if they did a fairly large return on their games - weird I know.

Trussville Kmart - they seem to keep pretty up to date with their scanning (shocking I know!) , as they had clearance stickers on games etc.
All Systems:
Lots of new or somewhat new games at $49.99 rather than $59.99 - for instance Prototype for PS3, but YMMV - I wouldn't go out of my way for this.

PS3
NHL 2k8 $10
NCAA Basketball 08 $10
COD 3 $20

PS2
Shadow of the Collosus GH $15 (only noted for somewhat rarity as new)

Gamestops (all)
Also anyone who's looking to take advantage of the Gamestop sale this week of $5 used XBX Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1, there are no 'complete' copies in the Bham area, checked (both Trussvilles, Vestia (had 1 I took), 280, and Irondale). Plenty of disc only copies though. Although this isn't that great of a deal since you can get the MAU/Forza 2 bundle for $15 at most gamestops. Highly recommend the game for $5 though, lots of play time.

280 Best Buy
1 copy of Animal Crossing Wii w/ Mic for $29.99. Not a fantastic deal but could be worse, right?

Vestavia BBV
Decent selection but nothing to write home about - as usual I was pretty focused on PS3 so I might have missed some decent XBX titles. In the future if you're looking for used games this seems to be the only BBV in the area with any worth a damn. Most were incomplete, jacked up blue cases - but I'm guessing their selection 2 weeks ago prior to the B1G1 sale was pretty decent.

So there's an update, pickings are somewhat slim right now. I do indeed miss CC - I lament that I was moving during most of their store closings and strapped for cash - some people made out like absolute bandits. I always had good luck at CompUSA (in Virginia) - but I worked there at the time and I can tell you that you never saw anything on clearance because every single title clearanced went to employees (with about an 80% ebay rate).

I'll have to check out that store Lobstah - I may do so today when I go back out to recheck Target 280. Chelsea isn't that bad of a drive for me as long as it's not during rush hour. I'll report back findings.

Went to Zone 1 (the chelsea store you were talking about) and nothing. Target 280 had the same selection but it looked like it had been picked over a bit.

Vestavia BBV is where I picked up Endless Ocean, TWEWY and a couple of other titles in the B2G1 sale back in June. I haven't really seen anything since, so I don't think they convert their stock over very frequently.

I don't know how you're getting employees to scan in stuff at Target, but if you aren't already doing it you could use a UPC database to print out the codes then scan them yourself. This is what I do whenever I'm shopping Target for certain clearance titles, easily lets me know if something has reflected the drop without having to wait on an employee to confirm the price.

Where is there a K-mart in Trussville? The only ones I know of that haven't shut down that I usually visit are the ones on Greensprings, and Pell City. I don't hit up Trussville very frequently, but it's nice to know there's a K-mart out there I can check.

It's closer to Penson (sp?), it's like the first exit on 59 off of 459. There's a Gamestop in the same area which is the only reason I went there (looking for MUA xbx complete - found that in Vestavia). Mountain Top or something like that?? I guess it's just on the outskirts of Trussville really. I really don't know Birmingham area well at all, only been here 2 years or so and in that time I haven't learned much.

Also I tried the NFL Tour XBX $20 off coupon https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFF on a 19.99 NFL Tour at 280 Best Buy and their system shot me down, came out as $9.99. They said because it was already marked down. I told them no thanks! I would have fought it if I had any interest in the game other than trading it to GS, lol. Weird that the system overrode it though. Haven't heard of that. If anyone else wants to give it a shot they've got about 10 copies. Let me know how it goes. I'm going to give a shot at Trussville tomorrow I guess.

Oh on Zone 1 they only things they do have are some of the Final Fantasy remakes for PS1 - but they're all pretty much either MSRP or ebay. Looks like most of his pricing comes off Ebay. He is running a B2G1 free promo, but I couldn't find 1 title reasonably priced let alone 3 so I'm passing on that one.

Also stopped off at HHgregg 280 trying to find a good deal on an open-box HTIB but the ones they had they only had marked down a bit, again not much here.

Oh and my dog is crapping on my carpet now, guess that means too much CAG-ing.

Oh I just got lucky with the employees scanning stuff at Target, the price change team happened to be a couple of aisles over. I haven't used the UPC database yet, mainly because I'm too lazy, I supposed I should make a list of what I want and do that.

There's also a K-Mart in Irondale on Crestwood.

hi everyone, i'm new to birmingham. does anyone know where i can get discs resurfaced for cheap? only place i found is Replays and they charge 3.75/disc which is kinda steep.

Replays is the only place I know that does it. Have you tried checking Movie Gallery/Blockbuster/Hollywood Video? I don't know if they do it at all.

I'm going to call and find out if they do it there too. Someone in the Tampa thread said that Hollywood Video does it for only $1 which would be great. The question is if they do it with a decent machine or a disc doctor.

FYI Walmart on 280 has Folklore for PS3 for $20, a ton of other $20 games but Folklore isn't easy to find for that price - no copies of Valykria Chornicles that I could see. Also the PS3 X Blades at 280 Target are gone - in fact most of their clearance games are gone, someone just went to town.

[quote name='Izod517']Hollywood Video does indeed do resurfaces for $1/disc or $3/5 or something like that. Very livable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just called them and they resurface for 1.99/disc or 3.99/5 discs. They also said they'd do the first one for free. Much better than Replays. :)

Hoover here, good posts guys. Any1 get in on the xblades BB deal earlier in the week? Its been a lil dull since CC crashed, but that was good times.
Keep the lists coming but don't forget 360 titles.

I wasn't able to, I tried 280 for the NFL Tour deal, and they shot me down. I hit up Trussville BB for the Xblades deal and no dice. (280 was out of Xblades). For some reason both local BBs register systems wouldn't let them do it - they only took them as far down as $9.99 - which is still a good deal for Xblades, but I passed in hopes the 280 Target would have it for PS3 for $7.48 - I suppose I shouldn't have passed now that they're sold out.

280 BestBuy is usually a crapshoot for me when it comes to deals. Too much foot traffic, and they usually refuse to do even simple things like price match. I almost always try to hit up the BestBuy on 150 in Hoover and generally have really good success there if I'm trying to get coupons and/or price matching to work.

Good call Lob. I'll see about them in the future.
Only small update for today (I'll hit 280 Target later for everyone):

Kmart in Irondale has a 60gb X360 HD in stock. Oddly it's still listed at $99.99 unlike every other Kmart in the country. This might be something to watch if you're looking for one. (Figured out why, it's the "Live Starter Set" and not just the HD).

Last edited by a moderator:
Also last I checked the Target on 280 has some of the GHWT 2/1 guitar bundles for X360 still at 22.48. Oddly the only PS3 1 guitar bundle they have left is in a ripped up box and at 44.48 (which is weird because I bought the 2 guitar there for 22.48).

You can all pretty much bypass Target 280 this week, nothing really new, and I'm pretty sure they were done with their markdowns as the guy with the scanner seemed done - just a bunch of wii, psp, and pc games mostly. All the XBX markdowns haven't changed - most around $24, not a single PS3 game was there marked down. They've got 1 damned copy of Madden 09 PS3 that I'd pick up for 7.48 if they'd drop the price. Still 29.99. Also looks like they've started to leave DS and PSP games in the case that are clearance, so if you're looking for something specific check there too. Still had Phantasy Star Universe PS2 for 3.47 - you can probably flip that for $15 on ebay if you're a more patient person than I am. http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...y+star+universe+ps2&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Tried 3 different employees at HWV in Vestia and they all claim the $5 off new games is only games over $39.99 and/or those in the picture of the flyer. So no luck on that promo here. They do have a copy of PS3 Lego Batman, it's listed at 19.99 but I'm going to guess it rings up at $10. If anyone has any interest go ahead and pick it up, I know one of their employees is interested in it. I passed on it for now, but if no one at CAG picks it up by the weekend I might take it. If you pick it up let me know and save me a trip.

Oh they also have Star Wars Force Unleashed PS3 for $14.99 at HWV which isn't a bad deal really. Worth $15. If you're not willing to pay the $39.99 for the Ultimate Sith Edition next month and don't want to wait for Target to likely mark it down go ahead and pick it up.

Hey guys, just went through my boxes of old games and since I can't post in trade yet, silly little rule, I figured I'd post my trade list here for any locals interested - easier than shipping too!

Have:

Game.........................System....Condition.........Est. Ebay Value
Lunar.SS.....................Sega.CD...D/O...................$25.00.
Lunar.EB.....................Sega.CD...D/O...................$25.00.
Vay............................Sega.CD...D/O...................$20.00
Magic.Knight.Ray.E.......Sega.Sat..D/O....................$10?
Memory.Card.X2...........N64.......no.box.mint......~$5.00.ea..
Goldeneye ...................N64........no.box.mint.......$15.00.
Mortal.Kombat.Trilogy ...N64....... no.box.mint........$10.00.
Zelda.OOT ...................N64....... no.box.mint........$12.00.
Star.Wars.SotE ...........N64....... no.box.mint.........$5.00.
Mario.64 ...................N64....... no.box.mint.........$15.00.
Starfox.64 ...................N64....... no.box.mint.........$10.00.
SFII.Turbo...................SNES......C/O....................$8.00.
Final.Fantasy.III...........SNES......C/O...................$35.00.
Super.Mario.World.......SNES......C/O....................$13.00.
F-Zero.........................SNES......C/O....................$6.00.
Mortal.Kombat.3 ..........SNES...... C/O..................$15.00.
Megaman.X..................SNES......C/O..................$15.00
Ken.Griffy.Jr..Baseball ..SNES...... C/O..................$10.00.
Zelda.Link.to.the.Past ..SNES...... C/O..................$18.00.
Super.Scope.6.............SNES...... C/O..................$2.00.
Spider-Man.Venom.......SNES......C/O..................$7.00.
Memory.Card.Red.........PS1........New..................$10.00.
Virtual.Boy.+.5.Games...VB........good-decent........$75.00++
~~~~Wario Land*, VB Baseball, Teleroboxer*, Mario Tennis*, Mario Clash, Red Alarm
~~~~Has BOTH A/C adapter and battery pack.
*starred items are clean, the others have stuff like BBV stickers on them.
All tested and working.

N64 games all have manuals and are in offical plastic nintendo cases.

D/O and C/O - Disc Only and Cart Only respectively.

I have a few other D/O Sega CD and Sega Saturn Games, nothing special though. If you're REALLY interested let me know. I also have most of the consoles above, untested, unsure of what wires I've got, etc. I know I've got a Saturn, SNES and N64 likely with all wires and 2-4 controllers each. I've also got a few rumble packs and crap for N64 that if you really want I'll throw in.

All products are official first party.

For now my only want is:

NiB w/ Receipt w/in 30 days Xbox 360 Elite Jasper or you can have the lot of it for $275 CiF (estimated value at $350). If no one's interested in the lot, I'll consider piecing out after this weekend and I'll add more wants for straight up trades. You could also take the Saturn and the N64 and SNES if you want them as well as the random other Sega Saturn/CD games I've got! PM me or MSG on PSN.

You could likely made $400+ if you pieced out on ebay. I'm just rather impatient and don't have time for such things.

Thanks all.

Hey guys if you didnt catch my post in the BB thread, Prattville has a bin for each system with $10 games.
Wii prob had the best selection as they had lego batman and SW:TFU.
Xblades for 360 was in there so I couldn't combine it with my coupon....not that it matters as they raised the price to 29.99 now. If no one can find xblades montgomery bb did have 1 left the other day, which after coupon is now 9.99 so a penny cheaper then the $10 game sale in prattville.

Scored Alabaster (x3) and Hoover (x2) Xblades when they were free. No problem from either store except the guys at the door bag your games now?? gave up after that. Not enough competition... Target in Alabaster may be a good place for someone to troll. Lil too far for me to hit on the reg. Hollywood video has employees swipin all the goods, gave up on them long ago. Today I resolved to quit gamefly and buying games in gen until 2010. Not before I used my last $5 coupon for Far Cry 2 @ $8.83. I need to catch up on a backlog from Digi Devil Saga 1, like 30+ titles since 2005 or so. Maybe CODmw2, Tekken 6, or SF4dash will bring me back outta retirement. I miss the arcades around here!

Just got back from the best buy in Hoover. They had:

$4.99
Last Remnant
Tomb Raider Underworld

$9.99
50 Cent Blood in the Sand

There were others but that's what stood out to me.

Thanks Nuuga, I'd deff be down for a $5 Last Remnant!.. I might check it out tonight, further BB from me, but would be worth it.

Sold out at Hoover. =( Other stores have but all at 19.99. In fact all of the above were sold out. Only left with Condemned or something for 4.99, which as I recall is not worth 4.99.

Trusville Target didn't have much - at least nothing under $30. 19.98 Dynasty Warriors for 360. Nothing else worth mentioning. I'm pretty sure I'm giving up on this store.
Trusville BB - has some odd 50% off select games, but really nothing to write home about, Singstar 2 at retail w/ 50 off, isn't horrible if you need mics, but meh - had a Buzz on there as well but it looked like a return and didn't have the sticker on it.
280 Target - Same as last couple of weeks. They did some sort of large game scan a few days ago, but it didn't seem to be for clearance purposes... I snagged a PGR4 for 4.98 that was unlabeled. Didn't see more but there could be. Other than that, same old stuff.
280 BB - They've done a huge relay here, all their game stuff is up front now. Nothing new on clearance - same stuff they've had.

Thought you guys should know, after getting shot down by the 280 BB (some bullshit policy about how they don't pricematch Microsoft or Apple products) - the Hoover BB pricematched microcenter for me, meaning I'll have only paid $200 for my Xbox 360 Elite after the rebate! Huzzah! I also had conveniently attached an article about a class-action lawsuit against best buy for their lack of price-matching. I took them a print out of the ad (front page and interior w/ the 360), as well as the stock levels at the Marietta store. No problems at all. =)

bread's done
Back