Any alabama CAGs?

Both Pikmin and Excitebots: Trick Racing are $5 at BestBuy with this coupon. Just went to the one on 150 during lunch and there were two copies of each left.

Get them quick if you're interested since both of these games are now out of print.

Hey all..

Huntsville, Alabama CAG here. Just got on. Actually looking to make a swap with someone. I have a great copy of Uncharted 2 that I just got through playing. I would love to swap it for a great copy of Assassin's Creed 2.

Anyone interested, please give me a message.

Thanks!

Target on 280 has The Beatles Rock Band kit for PS3 clearanced from $250 down to $175.

They also have moved their clearance games from the end cap they used to be on and put them in the cases with the regular system games. I do not remember seeing any great deals though.

Mobile, AL here; anyone else from around here? Nothing doing at the local targets I check, and the gamestops here are pretty bad, too.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Target on 280 has The Beatles Rock Band kit for PS3 clearanced from $250 down to $175.

They also have moved their clearance games from the end cap they used to be on and put them in the cases with the regular system games. I do not remember seeing any great deals though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah 280 target was a gold-mine prior to Xmas but ever since it's been pretty piss-poor. I usually check it on Mondays and report back if anything worth a damn is there. It's been awhile since I've seen anything even worth mentioning. I think they've got Fight Night 4 for 19.98, and Lego Rock Band around the same, X360 both. I usually ignore Wii and DS. The wired controllers for X360 they had on clearance were all taken at 27.98 - which is only $2 less than you can usually find a wireless for, so no loss there.

Best Buy on 280 still (as of 6 pm Tuesday, March 2) has Gran Turismo PSP marked as $29.99 in the aisle. It rings up as $39.99, but I told the cashier about the sign in the aisle. A manager(?) came over and did the price adjust and then let me use the Reward Zone $20 off coupon. So I got Gran Turismo PSP UMD for $9.99 and tax.

They may have gone back and changed the sign after I left, but no one made a big deal about it at all. As a matter of fact, no one went to the aisle to even check the sign while I was there. Anyway, good luck to others who may be looking at picking up the game.

280 Target is still a loss, BUT -- the Target at Exit 10 on 459 has Wired Xbox 360 controllers for 9.98, plenty of them! Also one copy of GH Smash Hits for X360 at 9.98, the rest was meh.

Taking spring break down at gulf shores...not that great since my wife lives down here and it's not her spring break. Been to the targets down here and the super in mobile, nothing good. Dark void for 41.98 at gulf shores target and nothing at super target on schillenger. Anyways heading to Best buy in spanish fort hopefully bioshock 2 CE will be in since I got the text.

Ok, so who raided the 280 Target of all the Toy Story 1/2 Bluray copies? ;)

I had to run all the way out to the one on 459, but it was worth it for $6.

montgomery franchise blockbusters have all used movies and games 50% off, including blu rays.
Prattville is a corporate store so they do not offer the sale, I dont think. If anyone wants bayonetta for ps3 its 29.99-39.99 before 50% off depending on store. All three stores had one copy, happy hunting!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Ok, so who raided the 280 Target of all the Toy Story 1/2 Bluray copies? ;)

I had to run all the way out to the one on 459, but it was worth it for $6.[/QUOTE]

Not I, but the 280 target typically has a horrible selection of BDs - their stock levels suck horribly at that store as a whole.

Montgomery Target has Fable II plat edition for the clearance price of 13.xx. Heads up for those in montgomery area, could be available in Prattville target too.
Oh and get all your coupons ready for all the board games too! Slickdeals has all the details but you can stack up on bop it, battleship, and connect 4 this week at target!

[quote name='Izod517']Not I, but the 280 target typically has a horrible selection of BDs - their stock levels suck horribly at that store as a whole.[/QUOTE]

Tis true! When I'm up in Bham I usually stay away from that one! Driving back to montgomery, the Alabaster target usually has a decent bit of clearance.
Havent been to either in a while though.....

Was at the 280 Target today. They had one copy of Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (PS2) for $2.50. They also have Band Hero (PS3) for $125.XX. Did not see anything else too amazing.

So Any Alabama Cags got their Halo ODST game from that MS contest? Izod saw it was no go yet for you in Bham, none in montgomery either. Anyone else in the state?

Actually I got one about 3 days ago. I was amazed really because I never got an email saying I was getting one. It just showed up. lol

[quote name='n10zguy']Actually I got one about 3 days ago. I was amazed really because I never got an email saying I was getting one. It just showed up. lol[/QUOTE].

Did you use a .EDU email address? I was still hopeful that I would get one signed up pretty soon after the post but I used my yahoo email...

[quote name='vrblknch'].

Did you use a .EDU email address? I was still hopeful that I would get one signed up pretty soon after the post but I used my yahoo email...[/QUOTE]

Ive heard people used their yahoo adress and got one, hell I used my yahoo one cause I didn't want my school mail getting spammed.

n10zguy, do you recall when yyou signed up? I looked back and I signed up an hour after the op posted it in the contest forum. At least I know one got sent to Al.

[quote name='vrblknch'].

Did you use a .EDU email address? I was still hopeful that I would get one signed up pretty soon after the post but I used my yahoo email...[/QUOTE]

I did not use an .edu address... I believe I used my AOL address. I am not even a student I just used my old college (UAH) when it asked about my school.

[quote name='monkeystud']Ive heard people used their yahoo adress and got one, hell I used my yahoo one cause I didn't want my school mail getting spammed.

n10zguy, do you recall when yyou signed up? I looked back and I signed up an hour after the op posted it in the contest forum. At least I know one got sent to Al.[/QUOTE]

I want to say I signed up a couple days after it was initally posted. I remember thinking that the post was a couple days old so I would probably be too late. But I tried it anyway.

[quote name='monkeystud']montgomery franchise blockbusters have all used movies and games 50% off, including blu rays.
Prattville is a corporate store so they do not offer the sale, I dont think. If anyone wants bayonetta for ps3 its 29.99-39.99 before 50% off depending on store. All three stores had one copy, happy hunting![/QUOTE]

The 50% was only on items $14.99 or less when I went though. The montgomery stores are also selling off their PS2 inventory, for $3.99 to 4.99 a piece (before the 50% off). There was a copy of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (the hard to find one) for the PS2 at the Sturbridge one the last time I was home (about 10 days ago). I grabbed one copy, but left the other.

[quote name='veronesepk']The 50% was only on items $14.99 or less when I went though. The montgomery stores are also selling off their PS2 inventory, for $3.99 to 4.99 a piece (before the 50% off). There was a copy of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (the hard to find one) for the PS2 at the Sturbridge one the last time I was home (about 10 days ago). I grabbed one copy, but left the other.[/QUOTE]

Its funny they had to add that. When I first went there that was not posted, but the store got cleaned out. THey had Bayonetta and Final Fantasy 13, but both were 29.99. Since it was not written out that 14.99 rule, only verbal, I think a lot of people just got it on a technicality. I managed to get Wolfenstien for :360: for about $6. All their games were wiped out at sturbridge! Which was weird since I know they restocked. I shoulda grabbed the castlevania but I don't have a :ps2: right now, still didn't stop me from grabbing Persona 4!

And n10zguy dont rub it in, Izod and I have been waiting a while! Mine may be heading in on May 13th, but I havent seen anything else going to Bham.

What happened to Target 280? They reorganized the electronics section. It looks like they moved all the clearance stuff several isles over as well.

When I was at Target 280 about a week (or maybe 2) ago, they seemed to have put their clearance stuff (minimal as it is) in the regular game cases. I saw some PS2 games (GI Joe and something else I can't remember) and PS3 Resident Evil 5 (regular version $20.98) on clearance in their respective cases. The shelf where clearance used to be (on that back shelf toward the seasonal section) had a few clearnace PC games but that was all I saw.

Have they done more with the electronics section recently?

[quote name='monkeystud']Its funny they had to add that. When I first went there that was not posted, but the store got cleaned out. THey had Bayonetta and Final Fantasy 13, but both were 29.99. Since it was not written out that 14.99 rule, only verbal, I think a lot of people just got it on a technicality. I managed to get Wolfenstien for :360: for about $6. All their games were wiped out at sturbridge! Which was weird since I know they restocked. I shoulda grabbed the castlevania but I don't have a :ps2: right now, still didn't stop me from grabbing Persona 4!

[/QUOTE]

That's amazing! I wish I would have been there for FFXIII for $15...

The Atlanta Highway store had nothing at all by the way. I talked to a manger and it seemed like they were funnelling most games to Sturbridge. Also - did you check the middle aisle of the store at Sturbridge (the exact middle aisle of the store) - that's where they had the games when I went last (completely away from the rest of the sale items and games).

[quote name='veronesepk']That's amazing! I wish I would have been there for FFXIII for $15...

The Atlanta Highway store had nothing at all by the way. I talked to a manger and it seemed like they were funnelling most games to Sturbridge. Also - did you check the middle aisle of the store at Sturbridge (the exact middle aisle of the store) - that's where they had the games when I went last (completely away from the rest of the sale items and games).[/QUOTE]

Yeah they were keeping the WII, PS3, and 360 games in the middle. Up in the front by the preowned movies they had about 2 shelves for PS2 games. I couldn't believe they were 3.99 and half off that.
Sale is still going on but it's very hard to find anything. Heres what I got from that sale, some good one believe it or not! All these came from Sturbridge store too, so I think the manager at Atl Hgwy may be right!

:360:
Wolfenstein
Godfather 2
Conan
Prototype
FEAR II
Golden Axe: Beast Rider
ninja Gaiden 2
Bullet Witch

:ps2:
Ghostbusters
Persona 4
Rayman: Raving Rabbids

I just wish they would restock again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey if anyone sees a copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes at any BestBuy please give a shout. I called around yesterday but it seems no one had received any shipments.

[quote name='n10zguy']I AM THE ONLY ONE!!! MWAHAAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAHA!!!!! ::lol::[/QUOTE]

There are now 2 Cags who got ODST, they just dropped mine off, so like mwahahahahhaha or something too ;)

[quote name='monkeystud']There are now 2 Cags who got ODST, they just dropped mine off, so like mwahahahahhaha or something too ;)[/QUOTE]

schweeeet! Welcome to the club! I'm thinking of having jackets made.

[quote name='n10zguy']schweeeet! Welcome to the club! I'm thinking of having jackets made.[/QUOTE]

A club of two huh? Lets see if anyone else gets theirs first ok? :lol:
Oh and what color are we looking at?

Seriously, you played the reach beta yet? Get your avatar that hoodie!

Hmm maybe hoodies instead of jackets? Kinda makes sens when ya think about it...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueLobstah']Hey if anyone sees a copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes at any BestBuy please give a shout. I called around yesterday but it seems no one had received any shipments.[/QUOTE]

I'm checking tomorrow, so I'll let you know. I want this game bad!

[quote name='veronesepk']I'm checking tomorrow, so I'll let you know. I want this game bad![/QUOTE]

I stopped by the one in Hoover yesterday just to double check just in case their inventory system was slow but no dice either. However, she did show me how most stores were scheduled to receive 6-8 copies depending on location but across the southeast every store was pretty much back ordered.

I'm not sure what happened as it seems both GameStop and Wal-mart have copies. I think someone at BestBuy just goofed up.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Hey if anyone sees a copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes at any BestBuy please give a shout. I called around yesterday but it seems no one had received any shipments.[/QUOTE]

It's an awesome game. I pre-ordered mine when gamestop had the 25% of orders of $100+ (and it included preorders). I got mine in the mail yesterday. LOVE IT!!!

Target 280 has a few copies of :psp:Final Fantasy Crisis Core for $4.98 and one or two complete sets of :ps3:Band Hero for $44.98. They are on an end cap on the left wall as you head toward the back of the store (still near the electronics section).

I got my ODST as well. TRU at Galleria in Bham, s got one more copy of Sabotuer for $14 - stacks with their b1b1 1/2off on games under $15

Bumped from the depths but with no deal? That makes me sad. As a remedy (though I have no idea how much they wanted for it or if it is even rare), I will say that I saw a copy of Persona 3 CE for PS2 - the one in the larger cardboard box - at Sears at the Galleria this past weekend. It was over near the video games in a glass case. They also had Spiderman SD and NHL 11 out last Saturday (which were "released" Tuesday). Not sure if they would sell them early or not. Anyone have any other good finds or deals in the Birmingham area since this thread was bumped?

New store just opened in Bham near the Galleria in the TRU parking lot. 2nd and Charles, it's used books, dvds, and games. Their prices and trade-ins are similiar to gamestop, but you can trade in old books and movies for video games or cash (you get about 1/2 in cash vs store credit). I traded in a bunch of old graphic novels, and got around $300 in store credit. Selection is pretty decent, but some random prices are odd. A nice deal if you're looking to unload an old bookcase in return for some games. I've got a feeling I'll be adding it to my circle of shops.

I saw it yesterday when driving down 31, thought it looked like a bookstore? I meant to Google it once I got home but forgot until I saw it mentioned again here.

2ndandcharles.com, looks like it's a local chain? The font is atrocious on their website, but nevertheless I'll have to check them out. Did you have any chance to what range of games they had? I've longed for something decent to replace Replays, so maybe this might be it.

It is mostly a bookstore, but they have a pretty decent media section, and they buy back games, movies, music, and books.
PS2, PSP, X360, PS3, Wii, maybe NDS? Only had a couple of actual consoles. Selection overall was like I said pretty decent (I didn't find anything really rare or anything like that) - I'd expect the selection will pick up over the next few weeks as people start trading stuff in. It's worth taking a walk around that's for sure. Not to mention if you read at all, that place is hugeee.

bread's done
Back