Any alabama CAGs?

I'm going up by Greensprings tomorrow. I'll have to check, thanks for the heads up!

Do we have a Microcenter around here? I'm actually kind of surprised that BestBuy let you price match that since they typically only price match local competitors.

NP I couldn't pass it up at $10. I wouldn't have known except the lady said something about it over the intercom, and I said ORLY?! They seem pretty up to date on their markdowns so if there is anything specific you're looking for you might want to give them a shot.

Nope, closest Microcenter is in ALT. Hoovers kinda the ghetto BB so I figured I might get away with it, which I did! Huzzah!

Check Trussville BB and Target, nothing changed, only slightly notable was Rayman Raving Rabbits for Wii for 9.98.

Picked up the PS3 eye @ Kmart this morning, there's one left for anyone that wants it!

I didn't really have time to go over their titles, but it looked like there were quite a few clearance titles across all the systems.

Woot glad you got one BL. Yeah I browsed threw them, and they had a lot on clearance, but nothing lower than 19.97 - I didn't see anything that I thought I couldn't find elsewhere cheaper or that I wouldn't settle for used.

Went to TRU last night (and almost got kicked out, but that's another story :lol:) mainly looking for PS3 titles, but it appears the pickings were already slim. I had guessed Uncharted 2 would already be sold out and it was.

I didn't really take a chance to look at anything else, as my DS/Wii collection is up-to-date at the moment. I probably should have looked at point cards, but it completely slipped my mind.

Additionally, the Walmart on 31/119 still had copies of Valkyria Chronicles, but marked at $39.98. I don't know if the $19.98 price is still good, but if anyone else needs a copy you can check.

9.98 dynasty warriors 360 at Target on 280 - I missed it by one day, picked it up, and decided to wait another day for ye old paycheck and boom sniped. Also I hit Oxford's Target on the way to ATL this weekend - they had nothing really - save for 13.98 God of War PSP and a few other PSP titles (Wolverine, Ironman, few others).

Greensprings K-Marts got the 14.97 Star Ocean x360, picked one up today. They have 2 more left. Could flip on ebay for $30 if you don't want it - but that's a little much work for a $5 profit after listing/shipping/paypal fees for me. TIVs are $15 so no TIV flips either. For personal use though, great game great price. I'm pretty Greensprings K-Mart is a treasure trove, I just haven't had the time to pick through it. It seems they do a lot of markdowns without restickering after the first sticker or so. Unlike the Irondale K-Mart who never does their markdowns. They've also got 3 x GH Sealed Shadow of Colossus PS2 for $19.99.

Does anyone other than Blue read these? I feel like I'm talking to myself here and if I'm only helping lurkers and hoarders I'll just communicate with Blue directly since we already have the town pretty well divided between us.

ALSO if anyone finds one of the local wal-marts running the $139 PSP3000 deal PLEASE post it... I've been looking to get a PSP for awhile now. I know a couple of locations have it in stock, but they were still priced at $199. Of course if no one reads this then there isn't much point to asking. =\

I might have to hit up a Wal-mart this weekend, so I'll keep a lookout to see if I see any PSPs.

Unfortunately I don't see as much deals anymore. I've switched so much of my shopping online, the only thing I go to the store for is groceries.

[quote name='Izod517']Does anyone other than Blue read these? I feel like I'm talking to myself here and if I'm only helping lurkers and hoarders I'll just communicate with Blue directly since we already have the town pretty well divided between us.

ALSO if anyone finds one of the local wal-marts running the $139 PSP3000 deal PLEASE post it... I've been looking to get a PSP for awhile now. I know a couple of locations have it in stock, but they were still priced at $199. Of course if no one reads this then there isn't much point to asking. =\[/QUOTE]

I'm still here! I get most of my games from amazon now, but I just moved to Chelsea so i will be checking the Walmart here and the Target on 280 regularly.

Izod, which Wal-marts did you check? I think I may try to hit up some tonight. I figured you already went to the 280 Wal-mart, so I was thinking of going over in Hoover. I can let you know if I see anything.

nuugatman, hope you like Chelsea! I used to live out there (my parents still do) across from the middle school down 338. I hope you don't have to drive 280 every day, because I had to do that going to school and that early morning traffic was a bitch. :lol:

Yea I hit 280 and Irondale, but it was the same day the deal was announced so I'll see if they change it in a couple of days.

Just checking making sure you guys were still alive, I didn't want to be posting if it was for naught. I do most of my shopping on Amazon now myself - save for the "on the way home" clearance stores.

Went back to 280, asked them to scan it with their "Telzon" gun, and boom $139. Was hoping for Rachet and Clank, but hell I'm still happy. Last I checked Irondale still had some Rockband Bundles (2 last I saw) - marked at 199, if you want one get them to scan it!

supposedly R&C is on clearance too. So if you're looking I'd recheck and ask them to scan it. Mine is primarily a replacement for the 30GB zune I just sold. I figured a bigger screen and 4-5 games I'm pretty interested in make up for the trade of memory - although I'll probably plop 32GB in there when I get ready.

It's off and on. The Irondale Wally World is ok but the K-mart seems to rarely do their MDs. I won't be scavenging in Irondale anymore since my office has moved, so best of luck! Best K-mart I've found is Greensprings. Best Target 280. Fortunately I live next to the 280 Target, so I try to post updates on Mondays after work.

[quote name='vrblknch']Vestavia Hollywood Video bit the dust, are there any more around the metro area?[/QUOTE]

Wait, when did they shut down? I was only there a couple of weeks ago.

They're the only one in the area as far as I know...

Yeah pretty sure that's the last one in the area, I was there just a couple of weeks ago myself. The only other one I know of closed awhile ago.

Anyways here's your Target updates:
280 - not much, they did clearance more stuff, Pirates v. Ninjas Dodge ball for Wii, some of the NCAA 09 Basketball stuffs, and they still had the kids games, Up, etc. Only non-kid game worth mentioning was SOCOM PSP for 9.98. Oh they did have Star Wars Force Unleashed for 360 on the endcap, but not tagged. I've found this store does that a lot when a game hits 7.48 (pretty sure there's an employee doing this intentionally) - but since I have it on PS3 I didn't bother to go scan it. Hadn't seen it on discount before though so it could be 21.98. X-Men Origins still running at 41.98, GI Joe at something higher than I'd ever pay for it.

The new Target on route 150 (on the way home from the new office!). No markdowns to speak of, about 20 God of War PSP for 9.98, as well as the same PSP Socom for 9.98. I'm going to wait out GoW for a few weeks since they had so many and see if I can get it in the 7.48 or 5.98 range - I'd much prefer to have it as DLC since I hate carrying things like UMDs, but I'm not up for spending $20 on PSN... I'd buy so many games from PSN if they'd fix their damn pricing scheme.

In other CAG news I got my Lockerz t-shirt from them today, as well as Halo Wars from Gamefly in pristine condition.

In other OTHER CAG news, it's nice being a "veteran" now and not a noobie, although there are still a lot of elitist pricks hanging around the site, unfortunate because I think most of my posts have merit.

Anyways that sums up todays travels.

TRU - nothing of note except about 5 copies of Dragon Warrior VIII ps2 for $9.99 you could flip them all on eBay for $20 if you thought it worth your while... which after fees and shipping, I do not.

Sears - Only one title I got scanned came up as clearance, PoP PS3 at 19.97. I passed. Other than that everything is retail. They do have some copies of Persona 3 (29.99) - 2 copies, though, if anyone is looking for it. Even had one of the boxed Persona 3's with the strategy guide or whatever (59.99).

Hit Bessemer Target - not much there, they keep up with clearances but they're all still in the $24-30 range and nothing to drive out there for.

Target Markdown Monday Update!!! 11/02/09

Target @ exit 10 on 459 - Bham/Bessemer

PSP
GoW CoO - $4.98 - Glad I waited! 6-7 Left
SOCOM 1 - $4.98 - 1 Left couldn't pass on this
Lego Batman - $9.98 - 1 Left couldn't pass on this

NOTHING else - no other systems had markdowns - which makes me wonder if they've even scanned the whole thing again or just rescanned clearance items.

Target @ 280
PS3
Dirt 2 - 41.98 - new - 3-4 of them
Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs - 3x.xx?
Harry Potter - 3x.xx? - 2-3 of them

Ghostbusters - 41.98 - a ton of them I'd pick it up at 14.
Wolfenstien - 41.98 - 3-4 I'd pick it up if you paid me 14.
Rockband 2 - 3x.xx - Plenty, wait it out. *game only*
GH Metallica - 3x.xx - Plenty.

PSP
Wolverine - 9.98 - 1 more
Hannana Montanta - 12.48? - 2 more
NBA Like 2K - ? didn't look, it's on the endcap

Wii
Disney Singstar 2 mics - 21.48 - about 20 left. seriously.
Pirates Dodgeball - xxx?
Madden 09

Few others I can't recall - mostly Wii stuff, I don't track the Wii stuff that religiously.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueLobstah']Wait, when did they shut down? I was only there a couple of weeks ago.

They're the only one in the area as far as I know...[/QUOTE]

It was an over night thing. My brother works next door at the Power Eqt. place as a mechanic. Said he just showed up one morning and it was completely emptied over night.

Wow, that's so strange. It's a shame too.

If anyone sees New Super Mario Bros. Wii this Saturday anywhere, can you make a note of it here? I ordered a copy from Amazon, but it won't be arriving until Wednesday or Tuesday at the earliest. The wait's going to be tough, and I can either return my Amazon copy or save it for a Christmas gift.

Edit: Checked by GameStop 280, and they weren't going to sale until tomorrow. I guess I'll check Wal-mart 280 then call it a day if they don't have it out either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target on 280 - what I remember from yesterday.

PS3
GH World Tour Kit $83.XX
Dirt 2 - don't remember the exact price, but I am pretty sure it had dropped to $20.

Xbox 360
Ghostbusters is still $41.XX
Rock Band 2 - did not check price but lots of copies still

Did they sell out of the X360 Assassins Creeds at 280? I saw them for 20.98 last, only 2 of them, figured I'd pick one up if it hit 14.98.

Couple of 14.98 Wolverines left for X360 at 280 Target as of yesterday. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite 14.98 PSP. Assassins Creed 20.98 X360. Those were the highlights, nothing else I was interested in or below the $40.98 mark.

That's better than I've seen at Trussville in awhile, I completely stopped even checking it because it was so piss poor.

I've usually seen better clearance items at the Trussville Target than 280. I haven't quite figured out where they hide the 280 clearance items yet.

To be honest though, I've done less brick and mortar shopping due to Amazon. I'm almost exclusively online shopping now except for groceries.

Yeah in November Amazon took most of my money. I had a prime trial and it was fantastic. I think I'm set for awhile, my backlog is massive. I may be to blame for 280's lack of clearance because I live literally right next to it - so anything worth a damn I want, I usually pick up. Not much there today, in fact nothing worthwhile to be honest. Typically their clearance in on a back endcap two or three rows away from the games.

You might could try and find some people to split prime with for a year. I did that with a couple of other CAGs, and it's been well worth it. Works out to about $15 per person for a year.

Did the 280 Target get rid of or move their clearance section or are all of the console games suddenly sold? The games are usually on that back shelf by the stereos on the way to the seasonal section. I went by last night though and there was some clearance stuff there (RE5 for PC), but no console games. Anyone know what is going on or where the games may be now? Thanks for any help.

They were pretty much just sold through. I stop by pretty much every Monday if work doesn't run too late. After BF they didn't have much of anything, now they're almost completely wiped out.

Anyone in the montgomery/prattville area? Moved back to montgomery from prattville so dont get to go out that way much, hows the target looking?

SO guys since I think I'm the only montgomery area active CAG, all my alabama CAGs tell me how your BB Fairytale fights wins went. Havent played it yet but got 2 for :ps3: and 2 for :360:

I had no luck on BB Fairytale at 280 (as usual), but if I had cared enough I would have just gone to the Hoover store - they never seem to give a damn (got my X360 elite price-matched to Microcenter's $50 off). Grabbed SR2 (PS3) for $5 from 280 - there's one left, no Term. Salvation though. =(

Had terminator salvation in Prattville BB, only 1 copy though. I hear the sales this weekend plus the coupons may make more things free at BB,TS being one of them, we will just have to see right?

Yeah looks like most stores in the Bham (says Alabaster and Tusa. only) area are out of Salvation, which is a shame because it's apparently a decent playthrough and an easy 1000 GS - so worth the $10. 280 still had copies of Transformers so here's to hoping it'll be free Sunday which is about what I'd pay for it. 280 Target had two X360 clearance games left, some kids game that was still in teh $30 and $14.98 for Godfather 2 - I heard good things and I needed a 1600 point card anyways so I paid $15 for GF2 and got the card for free. I picked up another game I wanted and used the coupon with it as well since it was in the $20 range. Looks like all their $20 games are sold out though. Cheapest thing left is Oblivion GOTY at $39.99 if you were looking for a point card. Of course there were reports of reservations working... but that's a bit too shady for me.

bread's done
Back