Any CAG's in NC?

[quote name='xbox23']What stores are you guys going to go to on luanch day to get a 360? especially in charlotte[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing Best Buy - University area.. possibly Wal-Mart in Concord/Kannapolis.

Target Clearance!

Greensboro, NC
Wendover Target
Darkstalkers PSP $14.98 - there were about 4-5 left. They were in the glass case Top Left Corner.

I got Feel the MagicXX/XY DS and Sprung DS last week at the Lawndale Target for $10 each.

What have you guys found and where?
-G

Good idea, Griff!

Target Clearance - Cary, NC

PSP
Darkstalkers - $14.98 (had a bunch)
Lumines - $29.98 (maybe 2 or 3)

A few more PSP and a couple DS titles that I can't remember, nothing outstanding like above.

Several copies of each. Located at the rear of the video game section in those paper display things, not in the display case.

Cary in the house. And very late to the party.

If anybody is close there is a Gamecrazy in Apex that is not doing so hot, so go CAGs and buy, buy, buy. They are by far the best store in my area and I don't want them to shut down!

[quote name='kdunn77']Cary in the house. And very late to the party.

If anybody is close there is a Gamecrazy in Apex that is not doing so hot, so go CAGs and buy, buy, buy. They are by far the best store in my area and I don't want them to shut down![/QUOTE]

If I'm in the area, I'll check them out. Why would they open one in Apex, but not in Raleigh?

[quote name='tdphillips']If I'm in the area, I'll check them out. Why would they open one in Apex, but not in Raleigh?[/QUOTE]

exactly...i'm pissed

Well, apparently, there's already lines at Walmart in Winston-Salem and Concord, NC..

Concord is only getting 4 premium and 10 core systems.. so those are likely as good as gone.

No word on Charlotte's Wal-Mart..

[quote name='Cth']Well, apparently, there's already lines at Walmart in Winston-Salem and Concord, NC..

Concord is only getting 4 premium and 10 core systems.. so those are likely as good as gone.

No word on Charlotte's Wal-Mart..[/QUOTE]

anyone know about raleigh walmarts?

Walmart at New Hope Commons (Durham) gave out the slips at 10 AM (5 Premium and 5 core)... I missed that one by a lot.

Walmart in Hillsborough has 2 Premium and 13 Core, I was the 8th person in line and left at 5:30, I didn't want to wait 6 hours for just a core.

i've never actually participated in line-waiting for items, but is it "people are given the chance to buy xbox 360's in the order they are lined up" or is it "first to get their hands on one (despite the order they are lined up in), are first to be able to buy them"? like if i'm like 20th in line, when we all get inside can i try to run ahead of people to get to the 360's before them? or how does this work?

i have never participated in the waiting either, I know that target is handing out tix for the xboxes at 6AM, but they wont tell me how many they have at the southpoint location, and I can't get through to the Durham location.

The Super Walmart in Clayton had only 2 premiums and plenty of people in line at 2:00. The Garner one is opening normally at 7 AM, she didn't know how many they had. The Fuquay Super Walmart had 2 premiums and 8 cores, they had 4 people in line at 2.

For the Xbox launch, it was a first come, first served. Target had 12 numbered tickets that they handed out to the first 12 people in line. I assume it will work the same way this time. It's not a mad dash to the electronics a la "Jingle All the Way" :).

For future reference, here's what I did to get one..

If you know anyone with a business, see if they have a membership at Sams Club.

Sams Club opens at 7am (3 hours before regular hours) just for business club members ($35 a year I believe).

We got there at 6:40am and ended up 13th in line. The store received 20 premium editions and had PDZ Collector's Edition for $50.

[quote name='Cth']For future reference, here's what I did to get one..

If you know anyone with a business, see if they have a membership at Sams Club.

Sams Club opens at 7am (3 hours before regular hours) just for business club members ($35 a year I believe).

We got there at 6:40am and ended up 13th in line. The store received 20 premium editions and had PDZ Collector's Edition for $50.[/QUOTE]

is a business club member different from a normal membership? b/c my grandpa has a sam's club membership, but i'm not sure if that's the same as a business one...

There is a nice clearance sale at the Wal-Mart on University in Winsto-Salem. Radiata Stories $30, Meteos DS $18, WarioWare Twisted DS $18, Halo Map Pak $12, Fatal Frame 2 $18, there were alot more clearance games available if I think of any more I'll post them.

If any of you guys are interested I have one Sams Club XBox 360 bundle and one Costco XBox 360 bundle available. Both bundles have an extra wireless controller and the Play n Charge kit. The Costco bundle has Kameo with it.

[quote name='swetooth9']is a business club member different from a normal membership? b/c my grandpa has a sam's club membership, but i'm not sure if that's the same as a business one...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's cheaper believe it or not. I'm not sure if you need a tax id or not (I'm guessing so)

My friend upgraded his to a business membership, but he has a consulting company. My wife's stepdad let us use his to get ours.

You didn't need to be a buisness member to buy one at 7:00. Sams Club's company memo was to allow regular and buisness members in at 7:00 to buy 360's. I checked two different Sams clubs with their managers and was showed their policy. I waited in line at one of these Sams club and around 2:00am the nightime manager came outside and told use the rules. 1 per membership, you had to be the person pictured on the membership card, and you had to be a buisness member to get in at 7:00. I was like WTF and demanded that he call the daytime manager to get his sh*t straight. He did call, thank God I remembered the managers name, and confirmed what I was told. Anyway two 360 bundles later and the night was a success.

[quote name='bdgskarulz']Wow. The state fair scares me. Deep fried candy bars? How is that possible?[/QUOTE]

My now Ex-gf and I had one at the state fair this year. Deep Fried Three Musketeers bar was actually really really good. Basically just hot melted chocolate inside a pancake on a stick. I still think that the ostirich Quesadilla is what upset my ex's stomach and not the candy bar.

State Fair food is too freakin expensive.

Wife and I have lived in Charlotte for the past 5 years near UNC Charlotte, but possibly moving to Raleigh next summer.

Brevard, NC checking in.

It's really in the sticks, it's about 20 min or so on a good day from the Asheville Airport and the Best Buy that just opened just on the other side of I-26 from the airport is another 2-3 mins past that. I have no Targets, no EB Games, and no Gamestops anywhere close (at least not yet).

BJ

I'm guessing the answer to this is gonna be in the negative, but might as well find out:

Is there anything worth visiting gamestore-wise in the Outer Banks area? I never saw much of anything last year, but I also wasn't addicted to CAG and gaming last year. So I figure I might have some time over the 7 days I'm there next week to scope out some stores.

Hey all, new CAGer near Hickory over the breaks, but in Chapel Hill during school season (UNC student).

I'm actually kind of glad to see that nobody else is near me...don't have to worry about deals at the major retailers getting picked clean before I get there.:whistle2:\"

Asheville here. Adding my voice so I exist. :)

Only scant pickings as far as I've found, though I haven't combed the city as thoroughly as I should have. Still, the usual department stores, an EBGames, GameStop and used VG store make it liveable.

Anybody near Rocky Mount want to pick up some dvds at EBstop and ship them to me? I'll pay ya $15 extra via paypal.

Im heading out to Charlotte next month and im wondering if there are any local video game stores that still carry PS1 games and Older system games? Besides G-stop and EB who i don't think have PS1 or older anymore.

I could say "Raleigh area" but I spend 75+% of my time at work, which is listed as Garner, but we just call it Cleveland Commons.

bread's done
Back