any pennsylvania cag's here

[quote name='bisquit']I'm in Pa. Just outside Phila. matter of fact if I cross the street i'm in phila.[/QUOTE]

upper darby?

I wish! I will be making my trip back to Va (just moved there) although before that I am going to be running around the area in hopes of yard sales :) Only one I found recently was one where a dude was trying to sell a badly yellowed snes for 50 bucks haha.

Ebensburg, PA here. Right outside of Johnstown. I'm smack dab in the middle of Pittsburgh and State College. Lived in Pittsburgh for five years while attending school.

[quote name='titanzguard']Wow... I see a lot of CAG near me(Im in Irwin)... Anyone finding any good deals lately?[/QUOTE]

Damn. What part of Irwin? As far deals go, not really. Target in burg has a few clearance games.

I actually live in Manor... no one knows of it so I say Irwin since its the closest city. I hit that Target all the time. What am I talking about... I hit all the stores within a 45 min radius...lol. I work in Butler so I get to hit all the stores in my area and up there. What about you? You in Export?

[quote name='titanzguard']I actually live in Manor... no one knows of it so I say Irwin since its the closest city. I hit that Target all the time. What am I talking about... I hit all the stores within a 45 min radius...lol. I work in Butler so I get to hit all the stores in my area and up there. What about you? You in Export?[/QUOTE]

I actually just bought a house in Irwin (I just realized I never updated my location), in the neighborhood right behind Target. You must be my "competition" :D

We have probably been in Target before looking at the same clearance section. I would gladly exchange contact info with you if you'd like me to keep you informed of what I find. I used to have a guy that we would hit different locations and pick things up for one another. PM me if interested.

Philly here! Also make frequent trips to fredricksburg and richmond, va.

would like to meet someone who lives in philly too so we can split up the area hunting the clearance. I have a path i follow on weekends, but its killing me on gas (drive a jeep :whistle2:#) so would like to split up a bit!

Hey all, not sure where to post this, so I figured here is a good start.

I'm looking for local video game stores around the pittsburgh area. Not gamestops or best buys. Do you know any within like a 50 mile radius of Pittsburgh?

The Exchange usually comes highly recommended. It's a series of used media (cd/dvd/games) stores with a number of locations in Western PA. Has games for consoles going back to the NES, usually with the consoles themselves as well. Used to be quite a nice place for grabbing rare games on the cheap, but eBay and such has helped normalize prices somewhat. Still, a nice place to use to price compare against other sites and/or find random Collector Editions.

[quote name='holyground']Hey all, not sure where to post this, so I figured here is a good start.

I'm looking for local video game stores around the pittsburgh area. Not gamestops or best buys. Do you know any within like a 50 mile radius of Pittsburgh?[/QUOTE]

I've heard of the exchange also. not sure if it's "video game exchange" or "the exchange" but i know some friends have been there and like it.

[quote name='5of9']I've heard of the exchange also. not sure if it's "video game exchange" or "the exchange" but i know some friends have been there and like it.[/QUOTE]

"Video Game Exchange" was a older chain of stores in the area they all closed down around 2001 if I remember right. "The Exchange" opened in the area around 1996-97 and started out as "The Record Exhange".

Also Pittsburgh
The Exchange is not the Video Game Exchange, which was AWESOME. God, in retrospect, it was a lot cooler place than I think I even realized at the time. They had tons of games for every classic system, and you could try the game before you bought it. That's right.. you could try any game they had from any system they had for a short period of time. BADASS

The Exchange is still fine though. It's about the only place you'll find NES/Genesis/SNES/Playstation/N64 games. Don't expect fantastic collections of any, but they have a few cool games there. As said above, I think Ebay and such have really changed the classic game market.

I'm from the Pittsburgh area as well, and I also put all my recommendation in for the Exchange. I get most of my games from there, and their blu ray deals are insane if you're looking for good movies!

I am also an electronics team member at one of the Targets in the Pittsburgh area, and I wouldn't mind letting you guys know the deals at my store.

FYI, we have the PSPgo currently going for $74.99 on clearance. PM me to find out which store in particular.

Pittsburgh here, the 2 exchanges downtown and on the southside keep me happy. There is also a cash and culture in C3 mall. a bit pricey but they have some rare games

Since I had a funeral to go to in Eire, PA. I traveled through PA a little checking stores in Erie, PA and some around Pittsburgh, PA.

I actually saw some pretty good stuff on clearance at the Best Buy in Cranberry (north of Pittsburgh), such as Fist of the North Star for $20. Saw stuff I didn't see at any of my Best Buy stores around MD.

I picked up a few FF posters and LBP keychain at Joy's Japanamination in Greensburg, PA.

While in Erie, PA, I snagged Persona 3 CE (PS2) for $20 new at Sears (Millcreek Mall store). I also saw Dead or Alive 4 for $5 there, but I didn't grab it since it was Platinum Hits. The Sears wasn't too bad in clearance games. I didn't see anything at Target on clearance I wanted.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Since I had a funeral to go to in Eire, PA. I traveled through PA a little checking stores in Erie, PA and some around Pittsburgh, PA.

I actually saw some pretty good stuff on clearance at the Best Buy in Cranberry (north of Pittsburgh), such as Fist of the North Star for $20. Saw stuff I didn't see at any of my Best Buy stores around MD.

I picked up a few FF posters and LBP keychain at Joy's Japanamination in Greensburg, PA.

While in Erie, PA, I snagged Persona 3 CE (PS2) for $20 new at Sears (Millcreek Mall store). I also saw Dead or Alive 4 for $5 there, but I didn't grab it since it was Platinum Hits. The Sears wasn't too bad in clearance games. I didn't see anything at Target on clearance I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Joy's has some pretty cool stuff. I finally stopped in there for the first time a few weeks back, even though I've lived in this area for a few years.

[quote name='sp00ge']Joy's has some pretty cool stuff. I finally stopped in there for the first time a few weeks back, even though I've lived in this area for a few years.[/QUOTE]Funny because your area is where I got a little lost on getting back on the toll road (I thought a sign would say I-76 from US 30, but wasn't even present, haha). Keep in mind I didn't know it until I saw your post just now.

I found out about Joy's less than a year ago. I told myself I'd go there if I'm around the area. Since I was traveling to Erie, PA, I remember it might be on my way. I brought up the map on my phone and realized it was on my way. They had great soundtracks which I wish I bought, like Lost Odyssey.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Funny because your area is where I got a little lost on getting back on the toll road (I thought a sign would say I-76 from US 30, but wasn't even present, haha). Keep in mind I didn't know it until I saw your post just now.

I found out about Joy's less than a year ago. I told myself I'd go there if I'm around the area. Since I was traveling to Erie, PA, I remember it might be on my way. I brought up the map on my phone and realized it was on my way. They had great soundtracks which I wish I bought, like Lost Odyssey.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I live right by the turnpike, behind the Target. Speaking of, I hope you didn't waste your time checking this Target. Very rarely is there anything good, and I'm there a few days a week for one thing or another.

bread's done
Back