any pennsylvania cag's here

[quote name='gotisttit']I am currently living in Greensburg, PA. Well, i've always lived in Greensburg[/QUOTE]

I am in Ligonier, during the school year I am up in Clarion. Hit up Best Buy lately by Westmoreland mall? Any deals?

Not gaming related but the Sun Coast Video store in Westmoreland Mall is going out of business and everything is at least 50% off. Although their prices are insane high, if looking for blu-rays you can find some good deals.

[quote name='enemyofusall']Not gaming related but the Sun Coast Video store in Westmoreland Mall is going out of business and everything is at least 50% off. Although their prices are insane high, if looking for blu-rays you can find some good deals.[/QUOTE]

Hit them up last week, most of the good stuff is gone. I'm still kicking myself for passing on 24 Season 7 on Blu. It was like $15/used after discount.

I for the life of me can't remember what Suncoasts used to be called but we had one here in Harrisburg and it was the best store ever .. this was back in the days before Best Buy and Circuit City got big. I remember it being like a field trip going to that store and checking out all the cds, books, and VHS tapes :)lol:). And the best part is that it was all pretty cheap. There was barely a cd that cost more than $10 or so (keeping in mind this is when cds were about $17) and then Musicland bought them out and converted them all to Suncoasts and its been downhill ever since. It amazes me FYE and Waldenbooks stay in business.

@perdition - yeah there's a store in Gratz that has it.

EDIT: It was Media Play!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maklershed']I for the life of me can't remember what Suncoasts used to be called but we had one here in Harrisburg and it was the best store ever .. this was back in the days before Best Buy and Circuit City got big. I remember it being like a field trip going to that store and checking out all the cds, books, and VHS tapes :)lol:). And the best part is that it was all pretty cheap. There was barely a cd that cost more than $10 or so (keeping in mind this is when cds were about $17) and then Musicland bought them out and converted them all to Suncoasts and its been downhill ever since. It amazes me FYE and Waldenbooks stay in business.

@perdition - yeah there's a store in Gratz that has it.[/QUOTE]

Every Waldenbooks around me is either closing or is closed. FYE's around here are still in business because FYE's are the only place to get a decent selection of movies and cd's right inside most malls here.

Right in the heart of PGH here ... I haven't seen anything too crazy lately, BB usually doesn't have anything good to hunt for either.

[quote name='titanzguard']Anyone finding anything in the Greensburg/Monroeville area?[/QUOTE]

Aside from the occasional gem at the Exchange or cd warehouse, deals are scarce around here.

Yeah, the Exchange and CD Warehouse are the only real regional things I can think of. Not to downplay them, as they're my place of choice for used games.

All the other deals I usually snag are from pretty well known sources...Target's Clearance...Half Price Books and Big Lots pc games

If anyone is looking for rockband 1 drums :360:, the kmart in Edgewood has four or so for 6.99. I almost picked up a few but really have no use for them, aside maybe replacement sensors for my wireless set.

[quote name='titanzguard']Anyone finding anything in the Greensburg/Monroeville area?[/QUOTE]

I live right outside of both. I live outside of Pittsburgh in Baldwin.
I have never really seen any deals around here for a while, and I don't see many yard sales either sadly :(

[quote name='Salamando3000']Yeah, the Exchange and CD Warehouse are the only real regional things I can think of. Not to downplay them, as they're my place of choice for used games.

All the other deals I usually snag are from pretty well known sources...Target's Clearance...Half Price Books and Big Lots pc games[/QUOTE]

Yup, those are the usual places I hit weekly. Glad to see some competition out there, lol.

Can't wait for the Target Clearance stuff to start dropping in price. Hoping I can score Demon's Souls in a few weeks for a very decent price. Still debating on whether or not to pull the trigger on SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 for $7.48...

Does the exchange do trade estimates over the phone yet? I've always hated how they won't tell you and make you come in. haha Oh well. Thanks in advance

I am from Philadelphia, pa. But present in Central asia.
5.gif

I live in Greensburg as well.

Sometimes the best deals are on Craigslist. Picked up a Dreamcast sports edition with 47 games for $25 from a guy in NewStanton.

The Kmart in Latrobe sometimes has good clearance prices.

[quote name='Blackanchor']I'm from the Poconos in PA. Not too far from Stroudsburg.[/QUOTE]

I know where the deals are in Stroudsburg. But I'm not telling.:razz:

As for me, I'm up where Dunder Mifflin is in PA(or would be if it wasn't a fictional company for a TV show:razz:).;)

I live here for most of the year. I go to college in Bloomsburg but reside in NJ for the rest of the year. There is nothing out here :whistle2:( Deal/Game hunting and collecting has taken a real back seat lately just because there is nowhere to go within an hour of here.

[quote name='Hranj']I live here for most of the year. I go to college in Bloomsburg but reside in NJ for the rest of the year. There is nothing out here :whistle2:( Deal/Game hunting and collecting has taken a real back seat lately just because there is nowhere to go within an hour of here.[/QUOTE]

Before I moved, I used to hit up the Targets (Selinsgrove/Williamsport), Sears (Susquehanna Mall/Lycoming Mall) and Toys R Us (next to Lycoming Mall) and score big a lot of the time, at least with the Targets and Sears anyway. Every now and then you can catch when TRU does their markdowns and get in on some pretty decent deals.

[quote name='pluginbaby121']Live in New Kensington, PA. There's really nowhere to find deals unless you get lucky at store clearance or a store is closing.[/QUOTE]

Another person close by. I work in New Ken.

[quote name='WhiskeyCrazy']Originally from Ellwood City, now from Meadville[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WhiskeyCrazy']I'm originally from Ellwood City, but now reside in Meadville[/QUOTE]

Do you two know each other? :whee:

[quote name='Maklershed']Do you two know each other? :whee:[/QUOTE]

kept telling me database error lol.....wasn't aware it ever posted:p

[quote name='pluginbaby121']Live in New Kensington, PA. There's really nowhere to find deals unless you get lucky at store clearance or a store is closing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sp00ge']Another person close by. I work in New Ken.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Psydrogen']Sweetness. I live in New Kensington also.[/QUOTE]

Wow, NuKen Representin' all of a sudden up in here :lol:. Lower Arnold reporting in. :bouncy:

[quote name='bisquit']I'm in Pa. Just outside Phila. matter of fact if I cross the street i'm in phila.[/QUOTE]
Are you in upper Darby?

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']I'm in King of Prussia. Our mall is bigger than your mall =)[/QUOTE]

I'm in west Chester and our closest mall is tax free.:bouncy: concordville mall in the gem state of Delaware.

[quote name='sp00ge']Another person close by. I work in New Ken.[/QUOTE]

Kensington is one of pa's many toilets. Along with n. Philly sw. Philly and w. Philly. and soon to be upper Darby.

[quote name='thegreek']Kensington is one of pa's many toilets. Along with n. Philly sw. Philly and w. Philly. and soon to be upper Darby.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know. Thats why I only work here. I live in export/murrysville 20 minutes away and just bought a house in Irwin.

[quote name='sp00ge']Oh I know. Thats why I only work here. I live in export/murrysville 20 minutes away and just bought a house in Irwin.[/QUOTE]

I grew up in upper Darby. It was a fantastic township, but now all the hood rats have crossed over from west Philly and have left nothing but decay in their path. My mother still lives there and I'm trying to get her to move out and into my house but she doesn't seem to want to leave. It's a shame what drugs will do to once beautiful communities. :cry:

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']its Upper Dirty since UDHS blew chunks[/QUOTE]i went to UDHS but luckily i have escaped and now live in West Chester. 69th street is straight ghetto!:booty:

[quote name='thegreek']Kensington is one of pa's many toilets. Along with n. Philly sw. Philly and w. Philly. and soon to be upper Darby.[/QUOTE]

I believe you're speaking of Kensington in the Philly area. We're referring to New Kensington, outside of Pittsburgh.

48f4c3606bc4abbd.jpg
Pic by the artist Don Henderson.

bread's done
Back