Artbook included with Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order

I just finally received mine and it came with the artbook. For once GS actually delivered on there pre-order bonus order. Now onto playing Xenoblade :D

I received my classic controller pro yesterday, so I decided to try out Xenoblade after dinner.

7 hours later, I turned it off and crawled into bed. Lots of fun so far.

Do you guys think this game will have any price drops in the near future like say a month or so? Or is this one of the games that will probably hold its value for a long time? Since i missed out on the artbook and have a backlog... im not sure if buying it now will be beneficial.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Do you guys think this game will have any price drops in the near future like say a month or so? Or is this one of the games that will probably hold its value for a long time? Since i missed out on the artbook and have a backlog... im not sure if buying it now will be beneficial.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to tell with this game, since Gamestop and NOA are the only distributors, so my guess is the game will be available for another month or two, but after that, doubtful, since this was a limited release by Gamestop. Unless Xseed decides to take over from Gamestop in the future and become another distributor, then this game will be rare for many years to come in North America.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']how much can you make by reselling the game (now at least as the price shoulde go up in a month or so)? I would think the only people paying $65+ are people in Central and South America.[/QUOTE]

You're probably making $4-5 dollars after listing on ebay. They charge 9% final value fee, so for $65 that would be around $6.20, then Paypal takes out 2 percent, which is $1.20. That's already $7.40 in fees, plus the game is $49.99 plus tax.

I purchased Xenoblade Chronicles last week and obviously didn't get an art book as I did not pre-order the game. I was able to stop by a local gamestop today and asked if they had any extra art books left over from pre-orders. Guy smiled and said they actually had one extra book and handed it to me :) Book is of very nice quality for free, and I am glad I was able to track one down.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']The cheapest option will probably be keeping it from a Gamefly rental.[/QUOTE]

you think gamefly will rent a GS and NOA exclusive?

I'm surprised about all the ebay chatter. I've been to a couple GS's in the past week and there have been plenty of copies in stock. Oh well, I got my artbook and a sealed copy.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']You're probably making $4-5 dollars after listing on ebay. They charge 9% final value fee, so for $65 that would be around $6.20, then Paypal takes out 2 percent, which is $1.20. That's already $7.40 in fees, plus the game is $49.99 plus tax.[/QUOTE]
9% final value fee is for "auctions." Most ebay listing these days are fixed price listings, because sellers get ripped off like crazy with any item auction that doesn't have rabid demand, which is 13% up to $50 for videogames and 5% above that. Paypal fees is 2.9% plus $.30 for every transaction. I think a ton of people flipping stuff on ebay or amazon marketplace are losing money -- they're just so bad at accounting they don't realize it. A quick glance at the last 10 or so completed ebay Xenoblade transactions and nearly none of them are profitable.

Yeah selling on ebay is a scam. Buying on ebay is a scam because of the nutty markup required to sell anything. Ebay is a scam, period.

dont bring amazon into this. i sell a lot of video games on amazon and the one reason i prefer them over ebay is cause with amazon it tells you BEFORE you list exactly what you will receive after they take their fees. you then simply take what it will cost to ship off that and then subtract what you paid and you can figure out how much you will be getting profit wise. ill agree ebay sucks cause of all the fees this that etc..but amazon no way. ive made quite a bit from them just from buying stuff from gamestop and local stores and flipping them for profits that i use to increase my gaming collection.

Selling the game may not be profitable, but if you pre-ordered several copies of the game and got artbooks, and then sold the games and artbooks on ebay, then yes, you could actually make a small profit. Would it be worth the time and hassle involved? That depends on each person.

Everybody loves to complain about ebay, but if you are SMART and know what you are doing, you can actually do well. For example, you may have to pay ebay fees, paypal fees, etc., but there are some things where ebay really is the only way to go (NOT xenoblade chronicles, because that has more widespread appeal). For example, try to sell some weird niche titles or very obscure items through craigslist in a relatively small town and see how successful you'll be. Ebay, despite fees sucking, is sometimes the only way to reach a wide enough audience to sell certain things.

Not really the case with Xenoblade, but just saying, heh.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Yeah selling on ebay is a scam. Buying on ebay is a scam because of the nutty markup required to sell anything. Ebay is a scam, period.[/QUOTE]

and theres the ignorant comment of the day...

[quote name='havuk']and theres the ignorant comment of the day...[/QUOTE]
Not an ignorant post by any means. I sold something recently on eBay and got slammed by a bunch of random fees followed by a retarded tier system that should have just been deducted from my total income from the sale. And there is no way to avoid PayPal fees.

I'm not paying this random $15 charge they are trying to pull on me for not doing autopay, either.

[quote name='sadikyo']Everybody loves to complain about ebay, but if you are SMART and know what you are doing, you can actually do well.[/QUOTE]
I think you should qualify that "smart" as something like "smart for a college dropout," "smart for somene that lives in their parents' basement," something like that. Otherwise, it's a oxymoron, because flippers almost never consider the opportunity cost of the profitable pennies they are scraping off.

i hardly pay fees when i sell on ebay. how much are you selling things for? granted i only sell like dvds or games but i pay MAYBE $10 in fees after earning like $100-200

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']i hardly pay fees when i sell on ebay. how much are you selling things for? granted i only sell like dvds or games but i pay MAYBE $10 in fees after earning like $100-200[/QUOTE]

Yeah I do quite well on ebay as well. I'm not knocking amazon, it's great too, but they both come with their disadvantages. I agree that some ebay fee's are outragous, but it's not a site killer. You just have to be smart, and patient. If an item doesn't sell, relist it and keep it at the price that you're willing to sell it at. I get 100 free listings a month and I have a perfect seller rating, which really increases your bidding chances. If you're smart about it, you can get more than enough on ebay to void the fee's. I've also found deals on ebay when buying, but again, you have to be patient.

Wow, this thread sure got derailed :roll:

As for the eBay vs. Amazon thing:

I vastly prefer Amazon for selling self-contained, complete media (i.e. video games, books, CDs, movies). The process is just much more streamlined and simple. The fees are slightly less overall than eBay, and most games I list tend to sell faster.

eBay is much better when I am selling something collectible, bundled, or any item where photos are a necessity. The fees are a little larger and having eBay "bill" your PayPal for the fees later is an annoyance, but I've had better seller experiences with collectibles on eBay than Amazon by virtue of being able to provide photos and longer, more detailed listings.

As far as Xenoblade's "rarity" goes, I wouldn't wait for a price drop--unlike Atlus, I don't think NoA will be reprinting Xenoblade, and after all the uproar and Operation Rainfall campaigns to get the game localized, I think we should all just be thankful we're getting it at all!

[quote name='OtakuFerret']Wow, this thread sure got derailed :roll:

As for the eBay vs. Amazon thing:

[/QUOTE]

Not a big deal, the thread should be moved anyways. The art book isn't even available anymore.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Not an ignorant post by any means. I sold something recently on eBay and got slammed by a bunch of random fees followed by a retarded tier system that should have just been deducted from my total income from the sale. And there is no way to avoid PayPal fees.

I'm not paying this random $15 charge they are trying to pull on me for not doing autopay, either.[/QUOTE]

ebay isn't a "scam" they tell you the selling fees for each category, there are no "random" fees. i don't care for ebay or paypal fees but i'm not going to call it a scam...

[quote name='DaShaka']I get 100 free listings a month and I have a perfect seller rating, which really increases your bidding chances.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']i hardly pay fees when i sell on ebay. how much are you selling things for? granted i only sell like dvds or games but i pay MAYBE $10 in fees after earning like $100-200[/QUOTE]

Ok, I have to ask: how exactly are you guys doing that? eBay says it offers you 50 free listings per month. They take 9% of the final selling price for an auction and that's before they even factor in the additional Paypal fees. $10 in fees on $200 sounds a little too good to be true for eBay.

And Customer Service prevails! Got my artbook yesterday. There was no way I was paying for something I should have gotten with my game for no extra cost.

Sorry for the dead bump, but my pre order on Game Stop got screwed over with the artbook. They said Nintendo didn't give them enough. If that's the case, does anyone got one for sale? Thanks.

[quote name='TommyLove']Sorry for the dead bump, but my pre order on Game Stop got screwed over with the artbook. They said Nintendo didn't give them enough. If that's the case, does anyone got one for sale? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

facepalm.jpg

[quote name='TommyLove']Sorry for the dead bump, but my pre order on Game Stop got screwed over with the artbook. They said Nintendo didn't give them enough. If that's the case, does anyone got one for sale? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Are you trolling or something? This game came out months ago and you randomly post about not getting the art book? Did you like never pick up your preorder from GameStop until now and realize that they no longer had your art book anymore? Preorder bonuses don't last long at GameStop, that's why I always pick up my preorders within the first day or two.

Anyways, there are a handful of art books on eBay that you can pick up. You will probably end up spending anywhere between $20 - $30 for it though.

bread's done
Back