Artbook included with Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order

I got this when GameStop opened yesterday, the guy who was working there at launch said they didn't get any art books in, and there was another customer in the store who was also there for the game, who was also saying there should be books :p. Later on in the day I called GameStop when somebody else was working and he said I could just come and pick one up -.- So I went and got my art book finally, then when I eventually tried the game out my Wii wouldn't read the disc, so I had to do that make your own lens cleaner thing a few pages back and I finally got to play for like an hour.

[quote name='proKoyeon']doesnt make sense, no where on the page did it ever say "only for in-store preorders"
what a bunch of horse hockey![/QUOTE]

Thats what they told me yesterday at the store. They could not give me a copy of the artbook because they only had enough to supply the people who preordered instore. I'm thinking I preordered using PickUp@Store and I am like WTF?

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']I emailed gamestop.com about my situation where I preordered from the site for pickup in store and how the copies of the book where only available to the people who preorder instore and they said they would send me a copy of the artbook. Now I am not as mad anymore.[/QUOTE]

I recommended doing that a few days ago. Glad to see it worked for you. Most places treat you well when you send emails to customer service from my experience. Maybe because emails are documented? I don't know. In-store it's he said/she said.

I can't believe everything came packaged so well...and so fast! Got mine this morning, and it shipping Thursday evening/Friday morning. I picked Value shipping too...

I Pre Ordered 2 at GameStop picked up both on Friday, I love the art book. I have one for playing and the other to keep sealed. Looks like there already going for $80 with the art book on ebay.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I recommended doing that a few days ago. Glad to see it worked for you. Most places treat you well when you send emails to customer service from my experience. Maybe because emails are documented? I don't know. In-store it's he said/she said.[/QUOTE]

Oh Im sorry I guess I didnt see your comment. Yeah im glad the email worked because I was not going to like having to pay more to get the artbook that should have been free with my game in the first place.

[quote name='keine']Sell them on eBay for profit?[/QUOTE]
It's technically not for profit. You would just be slightly reducing the cost of buying Xenoblade itself.

[quote name='BigBizzee']I can't believe I forgot to preorder this... I just ordered two copies online (used code DRONGO for $10 off $79.99 though, so I made out a little).

Is there any chance in hell of getting that artbook in store without the preorder?[/QUOTE]

Was there free shipping as well?

[quote name='Stele']It's technically not for profit. You would just be slightly reducing the cost of buying Xenoblade itself.[/QUOTE]

I only spent $20 for Xenoblade (gift cards FTW)

It appears that these art books could easily pull in more than that amount, especially over time as these books become more rare. So in my particular case, I could be profiting indeed. But I won't since I am a collector. :)

[quote name='keine']I only spent $20 for Xenoblade (gift cards FTW)

It appears that these art books could easily pull in more than that amount, especially over time as these books become more rare. So in my particular case, I could be profiting indeed. But I won't since I am a collector. :)[/QUOTE]
SMH. Gift cards, while not as good as cash, does that make that amount free. It's still a cost incurred, because you could have spent it on something else. You would just be monetizing the gift card.

[quote name='Stele']SMH. Gift cards, while not as good as cash, does that make that amount free. It's still a cost incurred, because you could have spent it on something else. You would just be monetizing the gift card.[/QUOTE]

Unless the gift card was free. Personally I "spent" $20 in free credit (in the form of a gift card) I had gotten some years ago just for buying a game there. Amazon offers similar deals. I do see what you're saying, but there is no cost incurred.

[quote name='Stele']SMH. Gift cards, while not as good as cash, does that make that amount free. It's still a cost incurred, because you could have spent it on something else. You would just be monetizing the gift card.[/QUOTE]

Semantics much?

My goodness.

LOL...there is a "world" of difference. With your line of reasoning, you can use your CC to buy a $20 Gamestop gift card, and then use it to buy Xenoblade....and that would mean Xenoblade only cost...$30? Even if you got your gift card from someone else, it still means you spent it. Did you know charity organizations have to account for donations as "revenue?" It's not like you reduced the purchasing price with a coupon.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']so is this game ever going to go down in price[/QUOTE]

Well it is up to GameStop if they ever want to lower the price to the game. my guess is no for a while.

[quote name='Stele']LOL...there is a "world" of difference. With your line of reasoning, you can use your CC to buy a $20 Gamestop gift card, and then use it to buy Xenoblade....and that would mean Xenoblade only cost...$30? Even if you got your gift card from someone else, it still means you spent it. Did you know charity organizations have to account for donations as "revenue?" It's not like you reduced the purchasing price with a coupon.[/QUOTE]

It seems you're caught up in semantics vs. practical applications. If someone gave you a gift card, be it a friend or the store itself via a promotion, that gift card can only be used for one thing: shopping at that store. It holds no monetary value elsewhere. What it functions as is a means to reduce the price on any item in the store that you see fit by a fixed amount. Also that charity analogy was awful.

I'll just leave you with this word of professional advice (I am a CPA certified in the state of New York): never start your own business. You will bankrupt yourself.

Didn't even wait for my Gamestop copies to come in the mail. Went to the mall and asked an employee if they had the art book, I would gladly buy the game on the spot. Needless to say, they did! Now I'm waiting to see if my online order had the art books...

[quote name='Stele']I'll just leave you with this word of professional advice (I am a CPA certified in the state of New York): never start your own business. You will bankrupt yourself.[/QUOTE]

What a hateful post. Yes, because of a few posts he/she made about "profit" from the artbook, it translates to being stupid about money and not understanding the difference between revenue and expenses, and all his/her future business endeavors would only end in failure?? GEEEEZ.

We all know what people mean when they say they might sell the book for profit on ebay. OK - maybe we don't mean "profit" in the true sense of the word but you KNOW what was meant by it.

Watching your arguments on here was like watching an argument about "nothing in life is free" --- where person A says "oh cool, Wendy's gave me a free hamburger today because I bought a combo" and person B says "well, you know it wasn't really FREE because you had to buy the combo" and blah blah blah bullcrap semantics blah blah blah.

By the way, I am a licensed CPA as well (not joking - seriously am), but you don't find me posting that on the forums to try to prove any points, or to make other people feel stupid.

Now, if I was a one-sided judgmental person, I would make a holistic determination of your personality based on a few posts on a forum - but I'm smarter than that - I would hope that you aren't as argumentative and hateful in real-life as you came across in this thread.

end-rant.

Well, I'm not a CPA....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! Also, i may not be the smartest with money issues, but I just saved a ton of money by switching to geico!

One final note, I got my game and artbook, will probably sell both for a hefty profit. I'm only an hour into the game, but so far i'm bored out of my mind. I hope the awesome combat i keep hearing about comes soon....

[quote name='Stele']I'll just leave you with this word of professional advice (I am a CPA certified in the state of New York): never start your own business. You will bankrupt yourself.[/QUOTE]

Somehow, I doubt that a CPA would use "SMH" in a post ,much like a 12 year old girl would on Facebook. If you are older than 12, then perhaps you should learn to represent yourself as such online.

I am assuming u r currently unemployed?

[quote name='sadikyo']I still don't understand how they are allowed to get away with this, from a legal standpoint. It would seem like you can't sell something as "New" when it is used. It is like selling a brand new phone that has made phone calls, or a new camera that has pictures on it - it is false advertising. I'm sure corporate would just say that their policy is not to use the games, but whatever...any way you cut it, that's just a downright shady practice if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

No, the corporate policy is fine with checking out games, there's a whole protocol on checking out games that the stores are supposed to follow. Ideally, if someone who borrows it does any noticeable damage, they no longer sell it as new, or warn a customer before purchasing. That's the ideal, which is a term that is generally antonymous with GameStop.

As for how they sell it as "new", as I said, as long as it looks new enough and hasn't been previously sold, they can sell it as new underneath the corporate standard for that classification. That's how it was when I worked there, though I hear individual stores have taken to repackaging really pristine used games as new. That is likely more up to the GM at that store. It is shady, but I'm sure they've got their butts covered by putting it in fine print somewhere or something. Let the buyer beware indeed.

Amazing the demand for the art book. I got a quick look at it and I really didn't think it was all that impressive. The art itself is great, but the book is just folded/stapled glossy card-stock.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Amazing the demand for the art book. I got a quick look at it and I really didn't think it was all that impressive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not worth throwing a hissy fit over. Nowhere near what artbooks like the Xenosaga III one was.

Online order didn't come with Artbook.
Customer hotline apologized, gave me 10 dollar coupon for online orders, said they'd ship artbook to me if it becomes available again (they said it was doubtful).

So I called a nearby store, asked them if they have any, which they did. So all I had to do was show them the receipt that came with the package. Although I was lucky, they had said it was the last one.

Xenoblade Art book is better then most art books I have received imo. But there are notable better books then this.
I prefer Hardcover.

Either way I plan to sell this game/artbook if the WiiU ends up being a crappy console.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Amazing the demand for the art book. I got a quick look at it and I really didn't think it was all that impressive. The art itself is great, but the book is just folded/stapled glossy card-stock.[/QUOTE]

Best description I have read of it yet. I put it on the bay. It looks like you can easily get $20-$40 with the occasional $50 if you are lucky.

I don't need the art book, it would have just been nice to have.

Any word on if this game is limited print, or can I wait until summer and extra income?

For those of you that didn't have an artbook with your online order. Did you order said 1x premium for xenoblade chronicles along with 1x xenoblade chronicles game?

[quote name='mweav067']I don't need the art book, it would have just been nice to have.

Any word on if this game is limited print, or can I wait until summer and extra income?[/QUOTE]

My local GameStop got 30-something copies. Not sure if all were preorders, though.

The demand for the artbook doesn't come from the quality. Don't get me wrong, it's nice; but it's certainly not Valkyria Chronicles Design Archive nice. The reason people are so eager to get it is because it's the sole collectible available for the game. And considering all the teeth that had to be pulled in order to convince NOA to take such a daring risk to simply release the game, people are likely assuming that it will continue to be the only one.

I certainly wouldn't pay $40 for it; but if I didn't get a book and ended up loving the game, I would always be disappointed that I didn't get one. That feeling has a different monetary value for different people. :)

[quote name='mweav067']I don't need the art book, it would have just been nice to have.

Any word on if this game is limited print, or can I wait until summer and extra income?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they will keep printing more.

Got an art book with my online order, but it was clearly labeled in my cart and on my shipping receipt as a second item, separate from the game, labeled "premium."

On the other hand, though, seriously it's not that nice. It's larger than the disc case itself by just a little, but it's just long printed sheets of cardstock that got two staples in the middle and was folded in half.

I got screwed out of my pre-order and artbook. I decided to pre-order online and pick it up in store. Went to the store and they said I was not on their pre-order list. I showed them my confirmation number and turns out it went to a store across town. Which at that point the employee told me "sorry man looks like you're gonna have to drive across town to get it". I didn't have time that day to drive across town to get it so I planned on doing it the following day. Try to call the place when I woke up and found out the store doesn't exist anymore. Called Gamestop Online support, no help they just told me there was nothing they could do. So my weekend went well, no art book, and no game. If they dare try to pin a re-stocking fee on me I'm gonna lose it.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Amazing the demand for the art book. I got a quick look at it and I really didn't think it was all that impressive. The art itself is great, but the book is just folded/stapled glossy card-stock.[/QUOTE]

It's not about whether it's a "quality" item or not, it's the principle of it. Gamestop advertised a bonus for those that pre-ordered and many got screwed out of the said item. That is absolute crap. They are known for pulling this type of shit and it's too bad they are allowed to get away with it.

[quote name='WuTangTurtle']I got screwed out of my pre-order and artbook. I decided to pre-order online and pick it up in store. Went to the store and they said I was not on their pre-order list. I showed them my confirmation number and turns out it went to a store across town. Which at that point the employee told me "sorry man looks like you're gonna have to drive across town to get it". I didn't have time that day to drive across town to get it so I planned on doing it the following day. Try to call the place when I woke up and found out the store doesn't exist anymore. Called Gamestop Online support, no help they just told me there was nothing they could do. So my weekend went well, no art book, and no game. If they dare try to pin a re-stocking fee on me I'm gonna lose it.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that was all your fault. Double-check the store you sent the pre-order to next time.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']The demand for the artbook doesn't come from the quality. Don't get me wrong, it's nice; but it's certainly not Valkyria Chronicles Design Archive nice. The reason people are so eager to get it is because it's the sole collectible available for the game. And considering all the teeth that had to be pulled in order to convince NOA to take such a daring risk to simply release the game, people are likely assuming that it will continue to be the only one.

I certainly wouldn't pay $40 for it; but if I didn't get a book and ended up loving the game, I would always be disappointed that I didn't get one. That feeling has a different monetary value for different people. :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The only other extra items for it were controllers from Nintendo of America and Nintendo of England but that isn't really a Xenoblade specific item.

Anyway, I think the book is nice enough for a free item. It's actually a little sturdier than I expected. It's a far cry from large hardback artbooks of some CEs for other games, but you are also going to pay a lot more for those and that isn't really an option here even if we wanted to.

For me I really enjoyed the game immensely and it has become one of my favorites. I'd like to have some little physical momento item from it so something is better than nothing at all. Do I think it's worth a ton of money? No, but I am certainly glad I was able to get it.

It is a lot better than I was expecting. For a freebie, it is pretty nice.

Disgaea 4's art book was probably the most disappointing artbook I've gotten. That one I had to pay for... although it came other things like a figurine and CD.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Dude, that was all your fault. Double-check the store you sent the pre-order to next time.[/QUOTE]

fucking gamestop, can't read minds!!! I'm going to Telepath Outlet!

[quote name='Nintendonly']Dude, that was all your fault. Double-check the store you sent the pre-order to next time.[/QUOTE]

gamestop should not be listing stores on their website that don't exist

Well I did select the store closest to me but once the site made me log in I think it must have changed it and I didn't realize. However it still doesn't make any sense because the store it ended up sending it to, you can't select it from their website because it closed probably a year ago. Apparently there is a bug with their site that it can send to a non existing store if your last online purchase sent it to that store.

[quote name='sadikyo']
We all know what people mean when they say they might sell the book for profit on ebay. OK - maybe we don't mean "profit" in the true sense of the word but you KNOW what was meant by it.
[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, Reselling games could easily be profitable. I have a number of Xenoblades I've brought and now reselling online.

So for anyone looking into reselling games don't let Steele's "advice" steer you away. The dream of making 10$ profit on each game sold can easily be yours today! /confetti

[quote name='Sophita']Not to mention, Reselling games could easily be profitable. I have a number of Xenoblades I've brought and now reselling online.

So for anyone looking into reselling games don't let Steele's "advice" steer you away. The dream of making 10$ profit on each game sold can easily be yours today! /confetti[/QUOTE]

how much can you make by reselling the game (now at least as the price shoulde go up in a month or so)? I would think the only people paying $65+ are people in Central and South America.

Preorder since day 1 this thread began...placed online order for delivery (not store pickup) got my order cancelation email yesterday not only did I not get the cheap "art book" but my game order was also cancelled!!! WTF?? Last time I ever order anything from gamestop :((

[quote name='rieper']Preorder since day 1 this thread began...placed online order for delivery (not store pickup) got my order cancelation email yesterday not only did I not get the cheap "art book" but my game order was also cancelled!!! WTF?? Last time I ever order anything from gamestop :(([/QUOTE]

How did you not notice that they didn't ship it last week? It's never gone out of stock online, the only thing I can think of is that there was a problem with whatever payment method you used and you somehow missed emails as well as didn't look at anything even though it should have shipped last week -_-. It's not like Gamestop doesn't like money.

Nothing is worse than the Dark Souls CE art "book".... can't even really call it a book, the pages were falling out of the binding.

The XB book is okay, glad I have a copy for myself but it isn't really anything special.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']How did you not notice that they didn't ship it last week? It's never gone out of stock online, the only thing I can think of is that there was a problem with whatever payment method you used and you somehow missed emails as well as didn't look at anything even though it should have shipped last week -_-. It's not like Gamestop doesn't like money.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it was not because your credit card changed / expired / other? Sounds suspicious to me.

bread's done
Back