Artbook included with Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order

[quote name='WormFOODx']So I returned my copy and got another one that won't read. I guess my Wii is having issues reading Dual Layer disks (although Super Smash Bros reads fine) and Nintendo wants me to roam the city to find their specific lens cleaning kit that no one carries anymore.

Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Macgyver solution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX_29G6DZQE

[quote name='Nico8912']I picked mine up from Gamestop this morning, the artbook was actually rubberbanded to the game and kept behind the desk so I'm guessing my Gamestop knew those were for pre-orders... :applause:[/QUOTE]

I may actually know the guy who did that on srk, he said he made sure that was done yesterday to make sure there were no issues with it. I've known the people at my gamestop for years, so I was able to get my art book a couple of days ago, I really like it.

I pre-ordered after the "cut off date" and just walking in when they first opened, mentioned something about the artbook, browsed a bit and walk out with my copy and an Artbook, no problems.

[quote name='Strell']Looking for an artbook if anyone is interested in letting theirs go.[/QUOTE]

I'd direct you to my ebay listing, but being that you're a CAG and all...

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']So was I the only one today to get swindled out of getting the artbook? I preorder back in february.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get one either. They claimed they haven't gotten them yet.

I fucking hate Gamestop.

I fucking hate Nintendo. Pre-ordered from them because I wanted to help support Nintendo directly. Turns out the game + controller bundle is backordered! And there's no estimated time of delivery.

So I just cancelled and will be picking up a copy at my local Gamestop tomorrow. I'm pissed mighty fierce at Nintendo.

I wonder if GS employees received a memo to hassle anyone picking up Xenoblade about preordering The Last Story. I had Xenoblade preordered at a couple stores in case one of them flaked on the artbook, and the guys ringing me up were relentless about how I needed to preorder The Last Story now because it's going to be "super limited." A friend that picked his up a third store had a similar story. Typical Gamestop BS.

I also don't foresee any shortages of this game in the near-term. One store only had 10 pre-orders, but they had a box with about 30 copies of the game in it.

[quote name='winterlane']I wonder if GS employees received a memo to hassle anyone picking up Xenoblade about preordering The Last Story. I had Xenoblade preordered at a couple stores in case one of them flaked on the artbook, and the guys ringing me up were relentless about how I needed to preorder The Last Story now because it's going to be "super limited." A friend that picked his up a third store had a similar story. Typical Gamestop BS.
[/QUOTE]

The Last Story is avaiable to preorder on Amazon so you defiantly don't need to preorder it unless you choose to do so. Sure it might be limited in a sense as if you wait 6 months after release, but it will certainly be available at a lot of places.

Happy Gaming on Xenoblade.

[quote name='winterlane']
I also don't foresee any shortages of this game in the near-term. One store only had 10 pre-orders, but they had a box with about 30 copies of the game in it.[/QUOTE]

Same for the GameStop near me. I really don't forsee this one being too hard to find.

[quote name='winterlane']I wonder if GS employees received a memo to hassle anyone picking up Xenoblade about preordering The Last Story. I had Xenoblade preordered at a couple stores in case one of them flaked on the artbook, and the guys ringing me up were relentless about how I needed to preorder The Last Story now because it's going to be "super limited." A friend that picked his up a third store had a similar story. Typical Gamestop BS.

I also don't foresee any shortages of this game in the near-term. One store only had 10 pre-orders, but they had a box with about 30 copies of the game in it.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever noticed how they always ask you if you want to preorder something on the system your buying a game for? Last Story just happens to be the only worthwhile WII game coming out and the people buying Xenoblade will probably buy Last Story.

[quote name='stiner']Have you ever noticed how they always ask you if you want to preorder something on the system your buying a game for? Last Story just happens to be the only worthwhile WII game coming out and the people buying Xenoblade will probably buy Last Story.[/QUOTE]

I realize that. I just found it interesting that I got the same preorder "pitch," almost verbatim, from employees at different stores. It almost seemed like they had been given something to memorize and say to every customer buying Xenoblade.

Score one for GameStop today, at least in my book.

Wasn't guaranteed an art book and when I picked it up at 10 AM today, they said they didnt have any extras. Manager called me at 2 PM today to tell me they received more art books and I can come in and pick one up.

It was nice because I didn't make a big deal out of it and they still went the extra mile to contact me.

[quote name='winterlane']I realize that. I just found it interesting that I got the same preorder "pitch," almost verbatim, from employees at different stores. It almost seemed like they had been given something to memorize and say to every customer buying Xenoblade.[/QUOTE]
the guy tried to pitch epic mickey 2 at me when i picked up xenoblade but i just politely declined, although he did go out of his way to say it would "help him."

No, I didn't get the art book either. They claimed something about there was probably small print that said first come first served. Yeah...
I said that it was a pre-order with art book and since there was no book, I wouldn't be buying the game and left.

Ah, yes... This is why I don't go to GameStop...

Picked up mine about an hour ago. Pre-ordered after the supposed cut off date and got my artbook without even mentioning it. No hassle at all.

Got my artbook with the game, thank goodness. I went a little after the store opened; the guy in front of me in line was the first person to pick the game up. They seemed to have more artbooks than actual games, and they paired them without asking. [quote name='winterlane']I wonder if GS employees received a memo to hassle anyone picking up Xenoblade about preordering The Last Story. I had Xenoblade preordered at a couple stores in case one of them flaked on the artbook, and the guys ringing me up were relentless about how I needed to preorder The Last Story now because it's going to be "super limited." A friend that picked his up a third store had a similar story. Typical Gamestop BS.[/QUOTE]
Same here. The guy hassled both me and the guy in front of me about preordering The Last Story.

Dude told me at mine it comes in a different case + is inside the fucking game case. Dumb guy probably just pulled all the artbooks off all of the preorders.

[quote name='bjstucker']Dude told me at mine it comes in a different case + is inside the fucking game case. Dumb guy probably just pulled all the artbooks off all of the preorders.[/QUOTE]

I'll say it once and I'll say it again, fuck Gamestop.

I preordered in-store on Wednesday. Went in around noon today, the cashier handed over the book and the game, no questions asked.

Now to go see if the disc will read...

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']The Last Story is avaiable to preorder on Amazon so you defiantly don't need to preorder it unless you choose to do so. Sure it might be limited in a sense as if you wait 6 months after release, but it will certainly be available at a lot of places.

Happy Gaming on Xenoblade.[/QUOTE]

Xseed said they were doing a limited print because they didn't foresee much interest in the game

I guess I'm going to pick up my preorder later. Earlier they told me theyd have the art books "today or tomorrow" and I figured they were full of it but I called again and they have some now. They better have one for me when I get there..

Edit: Went in and got my artbook no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
went to pick mine up and the guy said they only recieved 4 books total. i was the first pre order at that store.

I just picked up my copy and had to ask for the book. They wanted to know when I pre ordered because they only had a few art books, not enough to cover all of the pre orders. I did mine back in Feb so they said I was ok. One of the employees said he wasn't even able to get a book. Wonder what these will go for on ebay?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I just picked up my copy and had to ask for the book. They wanted to know when I pre ordered because they only had a few art books, not enough to cover all of the pre orders. I did mine back in Feb so they said I was ok. One of the employees said he wasn't even able to get a book. Wonder what these will go for on ebay?[/QUOTE]

Are you going to start playing Xenoblade when you are done with Frogger?

lulz, I got the same Last Story pitch

i already know what to expect from Gamestop employees... they always ask, but they're usually not pushy either... on the rare occasion that I do pre-order a game, I make sure it's through an employee that's really helpful

I just hate it when you're browsing and they try to talk to you and shit... like what kind of games do you play? what systems do you have? what are you playing right now?... talking to you for like 5 minutes straight like a car salesman

I wanted to post a little bit of hope for anyone who was not able to get a book. I preordered xenoblade in February and today they told me I couldn't get one even though I saw a lot of them behind the counter. I emailed gamestop and told them how dissatisfied I was. The District manager called me and told me that he cussed out the manager from my store and that there was a book waiting for me at the store. Needless to say I have an artbook and it is really nice in my opinion, well worth the battle!

Went to pick mine up and they said they'd only gotten in one artbook for the eight preorders they had. fucking gamestop.

[quote name='johnoralex']I wanted to post a little bit of hope for anyone who was not able to get a book. I preordered xenoblade in February and today they told me I couldn't get one even though I saw a lot of them behind the counter. I emailed gamestop and told them how dissatisfied I was. The District manager called me and told me that he cussed out the manager from my store and that there was a book waiting for me at the store. Needless to say I have an artbook and it is really nice in my opinion, well worth the battle![/QUOTE]

That happened to me also except I did PickUp@Store. And that they only had enough to the people who preordered instore. WTF? I preordered to pick up in store? Where is my order? I demand that Gamestop ship me one.

After work, I picked up the game and art book but had to wait for almost 30 minutes as they had no clue if they had any in stock. Also, the store started to become swarmed with other customers as they were trying to search for game. There was only two people working during that time. This was Gamestop in Newark, NJ.

Three of the Gamestops in our area (South Miami Dade, Florida) had the books in spades, and gave them out as people picked them up regardless of the pre-order issue. It's a real nice book, and makes a great addition to my collection.

Our copies of the artbook showed up later in the day so it is possible that they will receive them still tomorrow if that's what they said. I'm just glad we have a crew that knows what they're doing and I feel bad for you guys having negative feedback on what's going on. Sorry. :(

[quote name='Nico8912']Order it from their site.
http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...goryId=62707&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference[/QUOTE]

Na, I told them to just fix it and they are. I'm not going to wait a week to get a cleaner just to have to wait another week and a half after it to get the Wii fixed. Everything I've read on the net is that it doesn't work most of the time. Anyway, they were fine with fixing the system and even upgraded all of my shipping to 2nd day air.

Nintendo is a good company and I can't wholly blame them for this. I lasted through a couple years of RROD Xbox land and I still play my Xbox. I can wait for this.

Note: I did borrow a friend's Wii to try out Xenoblade. I will have so much fun with it.

I just pre-ordered last Sunday when I went in for the last day of the 50%. One guy was ringing out just the game with no book, when one of the longtime employees saw it was me and said "oh it's for you; you get one of these!" (Don't worry: I'm pretty sure I wasn't taking one out of someone else's hands; they had a stack of them hidden away behind the counter, and this store doesn't too a ton of sales with these niche kinds of titles).

Sometimes it does pay to be friendly and courteous to your local clerks; and throwing them a bone in the form of a pre-order does go a long way sometimes. I have always like almost all of the employees in the local stores I frequent, and just go in there to shoot the bull with them every now and again when I have some free time. They almost all know me by name, and have been eternally helpful in holding games, getting stuff transferred from other stores, holding pre-orders beyond the two day window for me, and often even giving me first dibs on pre-ordered stuff that has not been picked up.

I've found it doesn't happen too often in our society anymore, but every once in a blue moon it does pay off to be kind to people.

Wow, I just had a frustrating experience at Gamestop. One clerk, without hesitation, told me the artbook was 'while supplies last'. I corrected him and the first drawer he looked in magically had the artbooks in them! So even if he was correct, I still should have got one! Then another clerk starts to ring me up but forgets to include the $5.00 deposit I paid and has to ring up the entire order, with all my trade-ins, a second time!

I wish the one Gamestop I've had nothing but good experiences at (Hillsdale Mall, San Mateo CA) was more convenient because I hate the one right down the street from my own house! =(

The booklets apparently were only supposed to be for those that preordered before march 26th.
Some gamestops got few art books.
My gamestop however got 25 artbooks with only 15 preorders so i managed to take 2 home with my game today :D
(they were told they would only get 5 artbooks so they had more than they knew what to do with)

I'm surprised and pleased that some stores got 15 pre-orders. JRPGs are a dying breed in the US and combine that with the fact that a lot of people imported, I thought this would sell terribly. Hopefully it sells well so NoA imports more RPGs down the road.

I stopped by on the way home from work to see if they still had some extra artbooks for people here. There was a guy at the counter complaining to an employee about how he had preordered the game from Gamestop in order to get the artbook, and he can't believe they didn't get enough.

I turned around and went on home.

bread's done
Back