Artbook included with Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order

WOW. I got super lucky I preordered mine exactly on the 27th which was the cutoff date and they had just enough for all preorders. With that said I really wouldn't call this an artbook more like a promotional item similar to the L.A Noire book that gamestop had in stores, but for free I'll take it and I'm glad I got one :D

I pre-ordered mine online for in-store pickup two days after the supposed cutoff, receipt didn't say "premium" or whatever about the artbook, but luckily when I went in there this morning the dude gave me one. :D Didn't have to ask for it, so maybe it was part of the pre-order after all, otherwise the cashier was just a nice guy.

Either way, there is hope for those of you who didn't pre-order during the limited time frame. :)

I went in first thing for my preorder this morning. The store only received three. The guy behind the counter even remarked that it was crap that Gamestop promised this sort of thing for preorders and often couldn't deliver.

And Josh1billion, I recognize your username. Did you post at rome.ro at one time?

Picked mine up today, and flipped my $10 "Batman: Arkham Asylum" from Best Buy to pay for most of it. Traded ion for like ~$26 with the 30% bonus. Got the artbook too, better than I expected and on good card stock rather than flimsy paper. :)

Just got home from my local store and I'm happy to say I got my art book! :D

Unless they had more of them stashed somewhere else, I may have gotten the only one. :shock:

I got the game but I didnt get the artbook. They said it was that they only had enough for the instore preorders. I preordered back in February using Pickup@Store. I'm contacting Gamestop cause I demand one. If I preordered the game, I should get the artbook.

[quote name='exaznkid']just got back from gamestop and managed to pick up my preorder with an artbook, even though i preordered too late but i'm yea im pretty happy with it, didnt even have to ask he just threw it in the bag. Kinda feel sorry for the guy who preordered within the cut off date though but ehh wat r u going to to :D[/QUOTE]

Awesome dude right here, ya'll

I got the preorder bonus artbook no problem. My preorder receipt didn't mention anything about 'premium' stuff (I preordered a week or two ago), so I wasn't sure, but he put it into the bag no problem. I forgot to ask how many preorders they got, since I'm very curious to see how XC does. The book is pretty though, feels nice and the art is great. Awesome little bonus.

They tried to give me a second art book when I picked up the game today. Sorry for those who missed out. I would have taken it, but my conscience got the best of me.

I was gonna just hold onto the game, but I couldn't resist popping it in. The game is amazing so far.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I rarely shop at Gamestop. Only reason why I go to that one is because it's close to my work. The people there seem pretty good though.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, lol same here. I don't go to GS that much unless there's a good sale, pre-order bonus, or I need to burn gift cards. I work close to the one Downtown and it's been pretty good overall.

Glad to hear that you got your game and artbook in the end.

Yeah, I too got mine just fine. In fact, when the guy opened the drawer to grab my artbook, I saw at least 10 or so in there...

I took a break from work and went there about 5 minutes after they opened. Even though they told me yesterday they had more than enough to cover their preorders, I wasn't going to leave that up to random GS employees to make sure they had one for me.

The guy in front of me bought an in-store copy of Xenoblade and said "I get the artbook too. I Called yesterday and the guy said they had extra." I almost hit him.

Just got back from mine. I was the first one to pick up my preorder (I knew this because the employee had no idea where the game was), and there were only 4 copies in the store (all preorders). And of course, NO ARTBOOKS. I don't know if the employee just didn't know where the hell they were, or if she was telling the truth and they hadn't been shipped to the store yet.

Sigh. Took my name/number down, but I remain very skeptical I'll get a call.

I got my game and artbook. The employee had no idea about the artbook but when i informed him it was supposed to come with the game he was happy to check and was able to find it behind the counter. The quality of the book is pretty nice

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I took a break from work and went there about 5 minutes after they opened. Even though they told me yesterday they had more than enough to cover their preorders, I wasn't going to leave that up to random GS employees to make sure they had one for me.

The guy in front of me bought an in-store copy of Xenoblade and said "I get the artbook too. I Called yesterday and the guy said they had extra." I almost hit him.[/QUOTE]

why would you almost hit him? Because he called before hand and went all the way down there because they had more than enough to cover pre-orders and extra people? I don't understand your reasoning. :roll:

[quote name='junkie88']No artbook for me. I got at the store right at open no one else there and my store had zero artbooks, the clerk didn’t even know they were supposed to. I pre ordered 12/14 so before the artbook announcement. The clerk looked all over but they had none. The store had 10 preorders if that helps.

Oh well Im just going to order from Nintendo, the clerk was not happy that I canceled the preorder because they didnt have the book.[/QUOTE]

So the clerk from GameStop called and said the art books just came in and I could come down and pick it up. So for those that said they just didn't come in yet they may be right.

Now to figure out how to retract my negative review that I left

The dude-bro working at mine forgot the game even came out today. He went and got a few stacks from the back when I picked mine up. They also had the artbook in a separate drawer, and seemed to have lots in there.

Very excited that all of you are getting Xenoblade. It's without doubt the best RPG of this generation. Crazy that's it's on Wii, but what are you going to do?

Did anyone else order directly from Nintendo.com? I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation email. Do they even send shipping confirmation emails? I'm not sure when I should actually be expecting this game from them.

I can't get to GS until after work today. I pre-ordered it on 2/24. If I don't get my pre-order bonus, I will be really annoyed. I might just cancel it and order it off NOA.

I picked mine up from Gamestop this morning, the artbook was actually rubberbanded to the game and kept behind the desk so I'm guessing my Gamestop knew those were for pre-orders... :applause:

Arrived at the store shortly after they opened. Was the first to pick up Xenoblade and the artbook was included. Pretty happy.

I just picked up my copy after wasting my time preordering it and was expecting my artbook but instead the guy told me that they only had 2 available and it had to be sold separately. I was like WTF!!! Man do I hate Gamestop. After The Last Story comes out, I'm through with them all together.

I was there at 10 AM and got my copy of the game. Guy confirmed I am one of the 10 first pre-orders at the store and they have 10 artbooks coming in later today so swinging by after work to grab my book.

Also pre-ordered Last Story.

After hearing about stores only getting a few copies of the artbook, I took an early lunch at work after calling ahead. It looked like they had 20 preorders and 6 artbooks. The cashier didn't offer me an artbook, but checked my purchase date (3/9) after I asked and gave me one. :D

Just called two Gamestops by me, no extras at either one. The one closest to me didn't even bother checking, but their service has always been pretty bad(Except when I've returned sealed games because bought there because of better deals elsewhere.). Other one checked, but said they only had enough to cover pre-orders.

Will call the two others in a little while.

I pick up my copy about 45 mins ago and they didn't have the artbook, but I left my number with the lady there and she said that she would call if they get them in later or if stores near by had extras. Sure enough she called about 3 mins ago to tell me that they just got them in.

It might be worth leaving your number with the store in case they got a late shipment.

[quote name='DaShaka']why would you almost hit him? Because he called before hand and went all the way down there because they had more than enough to cover pre-orders and extra people? I don't understand your reasoning. :roll:[/QUOTE]
If you thought I was actually angry at all, much less to a point of physical violence, I wish that you would give people a bit more credit than that. Also, what do you mean by "went all the way down there?" For all you or I know he walked one block from the houses behind the strip mall. It doesn't matter how far he went to get it though, so I'll try to be more clear about why he annoyed me.

I wasn't paraphrasing what he said at all. 5 minutes after the store opened he went in, grabbed a non pre-ordered copy of the game and said "I get the artbook too" not "Hey, I talked to somebody last night and he said it'd be ok . . ." not "hey, they said that you guys had more books than you had preorders, could you double check and see if you do and could I get one even though I didn't place a preorder?" just "I get the artbook too."

If you can't see why saying that would annoy someone, ask any person whose store didn't get enough copies if that would annoy them.

I'm just mad that I couldn't get the artbook cause I didn't preorder instore. I preordered back in February using PickUp@Store, so why could I not get it? Gamestop better send me one. :bomb:

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']I'm just mad that I couldn't get the artbook cause I didn't preorder instore. I preordered back in February using PickUp@Store, so why could I not get it? Gamestop better send me one. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I did this and got the artbook I'm assuming your store just didn't get any.

Sucks that I am playing Tales of Graces F right now, but I know if I start Xenoblade and try to go back and forth I'll give up on both lol.

[quote name='Nico8912']I did this and got the artbook I'm assuming your store just didn't get any.[/QUOTE]

No they had 12 of the books behind the counter I saw them. They said they could not give me one of the books because they only had enough for the people who preordered in store.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']No they had 12 of the books behind the counter I saw them. They said they could not give me one of the books because they only had enough for the people who preordered in store.[/QUOTE]
You got cheated then, the website even said in store pickup customers who pre-order will get the artbook when you pickup your game. It obviously no longer says that but you should of complained till they gave you one.

[quote name='WilliamG']Very excited that all of you are getting Xenoblade. It's without doubt the best RPG of this generation. Crazy that's it's on Wii, but what are you going to do?[/QUOTE]

+1. It's awesome. I haven't enjoyed a JRPG as much as this game in a long time. While I think the Wii is a somewhat odd platform choice for this sort of game, it definitely deserves support.

My GS had a stack of like 20 + art books sitting at their back counter. Picked mine up a few moments ago:

89875108.jpg

Probably won't play it until I finish Graces F.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Anyone else having disk read errors with this game? My Wii won't read it. Works with everything else though.[/QUOTE]

I heard some Wiis can't read dual-layered discs. Xenoblade is one.

Tales of Graces f is on my list for down the road, but I'm pretty backlogged at the moment (especially with grad school, I've opened TWO of my six 3DS games I got in the Target/Best Buy deals the last two weeks).

No extra books at any Gamestop within a 7 mile radius. Oh well.

Anyone know if this is limited run? I would love to wait until summer to buy it when I have extra income.

I was the first at my Gamestop to get the game and artbook. They only had 4 books, and 20+ copies of the game. I may dabble into it a little, but I'm still working on Graces F's platinum.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I heard some Wiis can't read dual-layered discs. Xenoblade is one.[/QUOTE]

If anyone can't get the disc to work on their Wii and has a halfway decent PC Xenoblade does run pretty well on the Dolphin emulator.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']
If you can't see why saying that would annoy someone, ask any person whose store didn't get enough copies if that would annoy them.[/QUOTE]

They clearly stated on the phone to him that they had extra though, and he made that clear. He was assured on the phone that they would have one for him, what's the problem? He wasn't insanely polite about it? Get over it.

So I returned my copy and got another one that won't read. I guess my Wii is having issues reading Dual Layer disks (although Super Smash Bros reads fine) and Nintendo wants me to roam the city to find their specific lens cleaning kit that no one carries anymore.

Ugh.

bread's done
Back