Artbook included with Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order

Thanks OP I was waiting to Pre-Order this, finally picked it up, great deal with the Art book. I have a feeling this game is going to be hard to come by a year from now. I just hope they don't immediately do a HD wii U remake and screw us all over.

[quote name='DaShaka']I just hope they don't immediately do a HD wii U remake and screw us all over.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that you would buy the game again if that happened. I would. :cool:

[quote name='keine']I'm pretty sure that you would buy the game again if that happened. I would. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Of course, hence the screwing us over and making us double dip. :p

Don't get me wrong, I hope it happens, but not for a few years. That way the game / story won't be completely fresh in our minds.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']If you preordered before they announced the artbook, you still get the artbook right?[/QUOTE]

As stated earlie in the thread, you still get the art book according to GameStop. Probably first dibs actually.

Went in to preorder yesterday and they had no record of an artbook. I assume it just hasn't entered their systems yet but is there a precedent of not getting the preorder bonus? I'll be very mad if I miss out on it, and would consider cancelling the Gamestop order.

im really hoping people dont sleep on this game and hold off on buying it till it drops into their "sweetspot."

this artbook is just a little icing on the cake, but i cant wait to play this game.

[quote name='Sandrock7383']im really hoping people dont sleep on this game and hold off on buying it till it drops into their "sweetspot."

this artbook is just a little icing on the cake, but i cant wait to play this game.[/QUOTE]

For most games I would say waiting for a price drop is a perfectly sensible tactic, however with this one it was a minor miracle that we got an official release at all.

If people want to see more games like this, and if you like RPGs at all you should, then we really need to support it. I don't say that very many times and I'm all about pinching a penny, but I'll definitely make an exception here and feel good about doing so.

I preordered this at Gamestop just because of this thread, this was not on my radar at all. :)

I'm also a little concerned that the store had no record of the artbook preorder bonus. They said they might get the info on that closer to the release date. Guess we will see.

[quote name='pjgamer007']I preordered this at Gamestop just because of this thread, this was not on my radar at all. :)

I'm also a little concerned that the store had no record of the artbook preorder bonus. They said they might get the info on that closer to the release date. Guess we will see.[/QUOTE]

Don't be concerned, but don't expect a lot either. The BlazBlue "artbook" was about 10 pages of concept art no bigger than the already thin manual.

I would expect the same, with it shoved on top of the manual in the case.

Nah, not expecting too much. I'll probably flip through it once, put it in a drawer and never look at it again.

Too bad it's not a steelbook case instead, I would love that.

[quote name='nitman99']Went in to preorder yesterday and they had no record of an artbook. I assume it just hasn't entered their systems yet but is there a precedent of not getting the preorder bonus? I'll be very mad if I miss out on it, and would consider cancelling the Gamestop order.[/QUOTE]

There certainly is a chance instore pre-orders miss out on artbooks, guess the risk depends on your own store. Sometimes they over pre-order, sometimes they give it to someone else instead. I'd be a little worried when your store says there is no record of a bonus. Whether shady, incompetent, or lazy- none of that instills confidence.

I have a feeling the game will be extremely limited and hard to find a few moths after release. I'd expect it to hold its $50 value for a long, long time, and increase over the years.

My trip to Gamestop

Me: I would like to pre-order Xenoblade Chronicles
Them: 360 or PS3?

Boy I can't wait for release day when I try to get my book for free :)

[quote name='DaShaka']I have a feeling the game will be extremely limited and hard to find a few moths after release. I'd expect it to hold its $50 value for a long, long time, and increase over the years.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to lie, I strongly considering buying a couple more copies for future trading.

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm not going to lie, I strongly considering buying a couple more copies for future trading.[/QUOTE]

I hear that!

OK anyone know how to cancel my NoA order? I tried emailing them with no response and I really don't plan to buy two copies of this game...

I preordered this at my local Gamestop and they told me I'm the only person that's preordered so far. They put up a printout of the game with the artbook and stuff, but it doesn't seem to be working.

me: "I'd like to preorder Xenoblade"
both gamestop guys quickly turn to look at me and say "FINALLY!!! You're the first person to preorder the game, we were starting to doubt anyone would"

Just placed an order online, and gosh, I really hate NoA for not making Xenoblade more widely available. I'm not used to paying tax and shipping on my video games. :(

Good thing XSeed has picked up the Last Story. :)

[quote name='rockx4']I preordered this at my local Gamestop and they told me I'm the only person that's preordered so far. They put up a printout of the game with the artbook and stuff, but it doesn't seem to be working.

both gamestop guys quickly turn to look at me and say "FINALLY!!! You're the first person to preorder the game, we were starting to doubt anyone would"[/QUOTE]

Same thing at my store, it was me and the employee who pre ordered. Doesn't seem like this will sell well so it could become rare.

[quote name='rockx4']I preordered this at my local Gamestop and they told me I'm the only person that's preordered so far. They put up a printout of the game with the artbook and stuff, but it doesn't seem to be working.

both gamestop guys quickly turn to look at me and say "FINALLY!!! You're the first person to preorder the game, we were starting to doubt anyone would"[/QUOTE]

Not for me. He goes "what system is that for?"
"Wii"
"Oh wow, we have a bunch of preorders for that already!"

So he didn't know what it was either but still had a lot of orders for it.

Pre-ordered this morning after watching some more videos on the game.

I almost pre-ordered The Last Story at the same time, but I think I'll hold out a little longer before doing that.

Pre-ordered it at the local GS. Just to make sure...
me: "..xenoblade for the wii..."
GS: " yes if you pre-order you get the artbook "
me: "ok, yes."

[quote name='gokuofheaven']Pre-ordered it at the local GS. Just to make sure...
me: "..xenoblade for the wii..."
GS: " yes if you pre-order you get the artbook "
me: "ok, yes."[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. I was the fourth or fifth to pre-order and he said that the art book would come along side with the game. Not sure if the employee bsing, but that sounds somewhat promising...

Been awhile since I played a decent game!

[quote name='keine']I had no idea that this game has a shot at becoming rare...[/QUOTE]

Has anything "Xeno" ever been readily available shortly after release?

[quote name='Nintendonly']Has anything "Xeno" ever been readily available shortly after release?[/QUOTE]

Yep, all three of the Xenosaga games were readily available for a very long time after release. Heck, even Xenogears took almost a year to sell out of the original printing on the PSOne. In other words, Xeno games tend to get more valuable over time, but this might be the first that's actually limited in some way.

Did a Best Buy sale game to preorder Xenoblade trade... Basically traded ME2, BAC, and Rage in to cover the preorder. Ended up preordering online though to make sure I get the artbook.

Has anyone's credit card been charged by Gamestop yet? Doesn't gamestop usually charge your credit card by now before a release?

Asking because I had an issue with credit card and I updated credit card info on website but it didn't update. Called them and they said they took care of it but order status showed it's still not charged.

if I can't get a book in store I may just order online after release and hope that there are coupon codes to get this "on sale" as well as get some cashback

The game hasn't been released yet on Gamestop's website. I believe they charge, as soon as it gets shipped. I also had an issue with the credit card not going through but fixing it and so far, my receipt still has the game and free "premium" artbook as part of the sale.

My local store luckily received 13 artbooks for all 13 of their preorders, and I even picked mine up today (the artbook, obviously - I have to wait until Friday for the game). I was told that all the other stores may not be so lucky, however. Preorders made past a certain date in-store, or even *before* a certain date, may not receive the artbook, since it's actually specifically mentioned in their system who preordered during the promotional period.

According to my gamestop, any pre-orders done after the 26th of march will NOT be guarantee a copy of the artbook. I hope this isn't the case but FYI fellow Cag members.

I called up and even went to several stores. Some say they will follow the rules ie must be premium during the promo period or will go by preorder date. Some said who ever picks it up first.

My gs got artbooks for every preorder and I browsed through my artbook at the store (they didn't let me take it till Friday). I have to say that if you missed it you're not missing much.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']My local store luckily received 13 artbooks for all 13 of their preorders, and I even picked mine up today (the artbook, obviously - I have to wait until Friday for the game). I was told that all the other stores may not be so lucky, however. Preorders made past a certain date in-store, or even *before* a certain date, may not receive the artbook, since it's actually specifically mentioned in their system who preordered during the promotional period.[/QUOTE]Uh...so can you tell us about the artbook? How is it in terms of content or size?

I got a glance at the art book today. It looks to be pretty high quality, with the pop up style artwork. Not sure how many pages but it's about 8" x 5.5"

[quote name='Vigilante']Uh...so can you tell us about the artbook? How is it in terms of content or size?[/QUOTE]

What the person before me said. It's about 20 pages, so it's not huge or super-comprehensive in its art, but the paper quality is really nice - nice, thick cardstock pages, with beautiful image quality and vivid color. Oh, and the cover is embossed. Some people might not be too impressed, but I really like it, and would have been sad if I didn't get one.

Luckily I have from work on the 6th. I'll just stop on in as soon as they open. Hopefully I get the text that my copy will arrive tomorrow.

i ordered it twice just to be safe and ensure an artbook from gamestop. im a huge rpg collector and love me artbooks. this will make about 40 something artbooks i own all from preorders.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']My local store luckily received 13 artbooks for all 13 of their preorders, and I even picked mine up today (the artbook, obviously - I have to wait until Friday for the game). I was told that all the other stores may not be so lucky, however. Preorders made past a certain date in-store, or even *before* a certain date, may not receive the artbook, since it's actually specifically mentioned in their system who preordered during the promotional period.[/QUOTE]

Great, so I might strike out if people are already able to pick up their artbooks...

I got mine as well. It's really nice for a preorder bonus. The thing that bothers me about it is that it doesn't have a proper spine, and is just stapled together, so it doesn't close properly.

But like I said, it's preorder bonus. It's not costing us anything extra like a special edition would, so I think it's really cool.

bread's done
Back