Artbook included with Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order

I went into GS last week and they had no idea about the pre-order bonus ending earlier until I asked them to look into it. They told me that at that point it looked like the last dozen or so people who pre-ordered from that store would not be getting the bonus because it has a "NO PREMIUM" by there name. Luckily they were still offering the bonus online when I got home, so I ordered on there.

artbook size is smaller than game package,but looks nice
4F7E19464A3B960033

[quote name='NolbertoS']The game hasn't been released yet on Gamestop's website. I believe they charge, as soon as it gets shipped. I also had an issue with the credit card not going through but fixing it and so far, my receipt still has the game and free "premium" artbook as part of the sale.[/QUOTE]

I just got the notice that my pre-order from Gamestop.com was charged and shipped via USPS. The email did say that it included the bonus artbook. FWIW I ordered in January well before the art book was announced.

Im hoping some cancellations for people that pre-ordered with artbook at my local store. (wasnt able to preorder early enough to get a guaranteed artbook) The GS rep mentioned that the store is notorious for having a lot of cancellations at release date. Heck they still have Soul Caliber CE, SFxT CE and i think ME3 CE.

I preordered right after they pulled the artbook.

Called up this morning and asked about it. Manager said she'd gotten a couple of them, if I came by it was mine. Picked it up. It's a nice book for sure, hardly a must own but I wanted it in case I resell the game as I don't plan to even open it for awhile.

Just a heads up, Went to my gamestop and they had a few of these just laying on the counter. People were taking some as well and the employees didn't say anything. So might want to go get your as soon as possible.

After this fiasco I'd say it's best to preorder anything with a preorder bonus online instead of instore. That is if you even do business with gamestop at all...

I called my store and I asked if they were getting artbooks in and they said they had no idea. I pre-ordered mine in December, so I'll just go see if they even got them in. If they do I'll grab one in the morning.

Preordered way back. Was able to pickup artbook without any problem.
They didn't even check if/when I placed the preorder.
The artbook material is pretty solid & the embossing on front looks great. Its low on content but whatever is there - looks glorious
Overall quite a premium feel to it & I would suggest to grab it while you can.

[quote name='Insane dead']Just a heads up, Went to my gamestop and they had a few of these just laying on the counter. People were taking some as well and the employees didn't say anything. So might want to go get your as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

that is terrible. how many did you see?

If worst comes to worst I'm sure you could write to Gamestop and they'd accommodate you with an artbook via mail or sent to your local store.

[quote name='Insane dead']Just a heads up, Went to my gamestop and they had a few of these just laying on the counter. People were taking some as well and the employees didn't say anything. So might want to go get your as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

What idiot employees.

... *facepalm*

[quote name='Gamer SDP']that is terrible. how many did you see?[/QUOTE]

I saw three left, There may have been more earlier that day. They were just laying right next to the gameinformer magazines.

I'm sad cause my gamestop got no artbooks in. Going there early just to be sure but no guarantee. I might try calling the other gamestop to see if they got any in but usually they dont give bonuses out to people unless you preorder at that particular store.

Maybe I'll find one at a discount online. I'm glad I'm getting the game but i wouldn't have preordered it for release if i had known that i would not get an artbook because I can't play the game right away. I could have bought it later on when I had time to play it. At least I supported the sales for the game so its not all bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
My GameStop is awesome because the guys there share the same interests as me and don't hand out pre-order bonuses all over the place.

Man, this does not sound. I pre-ordered the game on 3/3/2012. Hopefully, I will get an artbook with the game after I get out of work at 4:00pm.

No artbook for me. I got at the store right at open no one else there and my store had zero artbooks, the clerk didn’t even know they were supposed to. I pre ordered 12/14 so before the artbook announcement. The clerk looked all over but they had none. The store had 10 preorders if that helps.

Oh well Im just going to order from Nintendo, the clerk was not happy that I canceled the preorder because they didnt have the book.

My GS told me they were supposed to get the art books today or tomorrow. It's a damn preorder bonus why would they not have it ready on release. I'm just not going to bother getting the game I don't think.

I was the first to preorder the game when it was announced. I went there today at opening and they had to find not only the game, but the art book as well. The guy claimed that it came inside the case (going so far as checking inside the display copies), but I told him it didn't. He finally found one after looking around in the back. I don't blame him really as GameStop should've sent it WITH the games to avoid any confusion. I didn't bother asking how many they had as he only had the one book in his hand.

This was at the GameStop in the Prudential Center in Boston.

I got there at opening half an hour ago, picked up my preorder from Monday and he gave me one of two artbooks. Pretty sure I got someone else's.

I stopped by 10 minutes after opening to make sure I got one and I got it no problem. I was apparently the second one already at that store.

[quote name='junkie88']No artbook for me. I got at the store right at open no one else there and my store had zero artbooks, the clerk didn’t even know they were supposed to. I pre ordered 12/14 so before the artbook announcement. The clerk looked all over but they had none. The store had 10 preorders if that helps.

Oh well Im just going to order from Nintendo, the clerk was not happy that I canceled the preorder because they didnt have the book.[/QUOTE]

I went to my gamestop at opening as well. They didn't have any artbook. The clerk wasn't even sure what pre-order bonus the game was supposed to have.

Just got back from mine - they had over 25 preorders, which I thought was pretty impressive. Even better, they had the artbooks in the drawer with the preorders, so I got mine without any problem. Now the 7 month wait until the WiiU comes out so I can play this game...

Framingham MA [next to the Target]: Picked mine up this morning at opening too. There was a drawer full of pre-orders [clerk said there was over 40] and another drawer full of art books. There did not appear to be a shortage.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I was the first to preorder the game when it was announced. I went there today at opening and they had to find not only the game, but the art book as well. The guy claimed that it came inside the case (going so far as checking inside the display copies), but I told him it didn't. He finally found one after looking around in the back. I don't blame him really as GameStop should've sent it WITH the games to avoid any confusion. I didn't bother asking how many they had as he only had the one book in his hand.

This was at the GameStop in the Prudential Center in Boston.[/QUOTE]

For such a small store one would think they'd be more organized lol. I go to the one In Downtown Boston.

I guess my post didn't go through.

Picked up my copy and the additional one I had on Pre for my friend who's attending Pax.

The artbooks were behind the counter and I didn't even have to ask about them as two artbooks were placed in my bag (one for each game).

I'm tempted to pull a prank on my friend and tell him I have to return his copy lol.

I was the first one at my store this morning and I did not get an artbook. I preorded back in mid february. They had about 20 artbooks from the look of things. The employee said he couldn't give me one because my reciept did not say premium. Needless to say I did that survey and it was not nice. I also emailed gamestop. Glad to hear some people got theirs.

Bonus from GS at in store pickup? Fat chance. Never once have I ever gotten the advertised preorder bonus UNLESS it is shrink wrapped in the case. One time I didn't get that because they gutted my preorder.

Heck I have even had times online preorders from GS do not include bonus and I have had a preorder from the online store come gutted.

The best was when I got a "New" DS game from GS gutted that had a save profile on it.

There is a reason they get bad reputation in the Cheapy Awards every year.

[quote name='johnoralex']I was the first one at my store this morning and I did not get an artbook. I preorded back in mid february. They had about 20 artbooks from the look of things. The employee said he couldn't give me one because my reciept did not say premium. Needless to say I did that survey and it was not nice. I also emailed gamestop. Glad to hear some people got theirs.[/QUOTE]

They changed the normal sku about 4 days ago to ones with the subtitle of [NO PREMIUM]. Ask them to search the title's name and they'll be surprised to see that only the one that says [NO PREMIUM] is even in the system now and that they have them in stock. Then ask them to check when you pre-ordered to prove that you did pre-order before the cutoff date. Should work; Some people can be idiots at the place they work unlike me. :D

Just picked up my copy of the game and got the artbook without even having to ask. Didn't seem like too many preorders at my store though.

Just got back from picking up mine (preordered on 4/1). Had to ask about the Artbook, but the guy went straight to the drawer to get me one. Very nice quality on it too, even if it is small.

I went at opening and got the artbook. (I ordered online for in-store pickup on 2/25 but I really don't think that mattered.) They had about 6 copies of the game, but I couldn't tell how many of the books.

Seems to me like it's completely YMMV depending on how by-the-book / well-informed the employees are. Just don't walk out of the store without asking. I doubt my order said anything about "premium" but the guy just gave me the book no questions asked when I mentioned it.

Is the art book any good?

I didn't pre-order this game, although I'll probably buy in the next week or so (stocked up on my 3DS collection the last two weeks, plus car parts, so my cash flow is quite reduced), and was just wondering if I missed out on something good or not.

Ordered in store. They had about 15 pre ordered. I think everyone who pre ordered gets an art book. Saw another person pick up their pre order. Also picked up white knight chronicles 2 which they gave me the pre order bonus as well, lord of the rings war of he north, and mortal kombat. For some reason assassins creed signature edition was still $45 used so I couldn't pick that up.

Edit: the art book is pretty solid. It's not hardcover but it does use pretty heavy and tough card stock. The pages are also nice and glossy. Overall it's a pretty good pre order bonus.

[quote name='Twizz']For such a small store one would think they'd be more organized lol. I go to the one In Downtown Boston.[/QUOTE]

I rarely shop at Gamestop. Only reason why I go to that one is because it's close to my work. The people there seem pretty good though.

Just an FYI, Gamestop is giving an extra 30% on trade-ins towards Xenoblade and a few other games...I hope they have an artbook waiting for me (I can't go until after work), but I'm prepared for a letdown!

I preordered after they stopped offering the art book and still got it when I picked up the game today. they had a huge stack of them at my gamestop.

I just picked up my copy 30 minutes after they opened. I had to ask them to actually give me the art book (they weren't aware of it). Out of 7 pre-orders they had, they only had 2 art books. I don't think they are reserving it for specific customers either. Even though my copy was pre-ordered during tthe certain timeperiod to qualify for a bonus, my receipt apparently didn't say it. But they gave it to me when I asked for it so its pretty much first come first served. Of course, this is if your gamestop is like mine. So just get there early (if possible) if getting an art book is really important to you.

I went to my gamestop today right when it opened at 10. I got the game but, they had no art books. He said they should get them in today or tomorrow. So after a 30 minute drive home the phone rings about 5 minutes after I get home. He says they just got them in the mail today and I can go pick it up. :)

just got back from gamestop and managed to pick up my preorder with an artbook, even though i preordered too late but i'm yea im pretty happy with it, didnt even have to ask he just threw it in the bag. Kinda feel sorry for the guy who preordered within the cut off date though but ehh wat r u going to to :D

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Ordered in store. They had about 15 pre ordered. I think everyone who pre ordered gets an art book. Saw another person pick up their pre order. Also picked up white knight chronicles 2 which they gave me the pre order bonus as well, lord of the rings war of he north, and mortal kombat. For some reason assassins creed signature edition was still $45 used so I couldn't pick that up.

Edit: the art book is pretty solid. It's not hardcover but it does use pretty heavy and tough card stock. The pages are also nice and glossy. Overall it's a pretty good pre order bonus.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably check my Gamestop on the way home (it's in walking distance of my house, but crossing the highway is a bit of a pain) and see if I might be able to get an art book even though I didn't pre-order. Can't hurt to try, right?

Doesn't sound like I missed out on a major deal though. Honestly, I think the only two pre-order specials that really caught my eye in the last year have been the Dark Souls CE and the Kid Icarus classic.

bread's done
Back