Assassin's Creed 3 releasing October 30th, American Revolution confirmed!

I love LE's, but the US LE for AC3 didn't impress me. That flag is kinda neat.....but what the hell am I going to do with that?

It's the Ubiworkshop edition all the way for me. I was going to get the Encyclopedia anyway and I hear the AC comics have been pretty good, too. So I'm actually saving money that way. I figure I'm missing on amazon or gamestop exclusive dlc, but that'll come out on XBL eventually anyway.

[quote name='Dinky']Does anyone know if it is still possible to obtain a free steelbook from a preorder? If so, where?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy still have the stands I believe.

[quote name='bjstucker']Best Buy still have the stands I believe.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm out of luck. Best Buy ran out months ago as well as GameStop. Do online preorders give out steelbooks? Any fellow CAGs have a steelbook they can send me? Any help would be appreciated. I didn't realize they started taking preorders in March. I'm sad. :(

[quote name='Dinky']Looks like I'm out of luck. Best Buy ran out months ago as well as GameStop. Do online preorders give out steelbooks? Any fellow CAGs have a steelbook they can send me? Any help would be appreciated. I didn't realize they started taking preorders in March. I'm sad. :([/QUOTE]

Check ebay, but check now because once the game hits, people are going to want these again and the prices will go up. I don't think it'd cost you more than $10 shipped. Good luck!

Saw this online today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyiKY18dDCg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

139 takes, but that was worth it. Those are some dedicated AC fans.

Closing in on the release of AC3! Saw this video on the MP today...

http://youtu.be/Iwzw4948YNc

I'm not really sure how I feel about some of the crazier abilities. I mean, it looks like fun, but we're going from tossing coins on the ground to distract civilians to donning a tactical cloak like the Infiltrators from Mass Effect.

In any case, I'm looking forward to it and hope to see some other CAGs online for some Wolf Pack missions.

[quote name='Jav0r']Do I need to play the other Assassin's Creed games? Last one I played was Assassin's Creed 1[/QUOTE]

At the very least, you need to play AC2; there is a lot that goes on in there to advance the story of battle between Templars and Assassins. And it is a really fun game.

As for Brotherhood and Revelations, I don't think they are critical, but you'd still want to at least Youtube some of the key scenes to catch yourself up on Desmond's story.

Just my opinion though.

[quote name='simosaurus']Closing in on the release of AC3! Saw this video on the MP today...

http://youtu.be/Iwzw4948YNc

I'm not really sure how I feel about some of the crazier abilities. I mean, it looks like fun, but we're going from tossing coins on the ground to distract civilians to donning a tactical cloak like the Infiltrators from Mass Effect.
[/QUOTE]

Since the Animus has become a household program marketed and distributed to millions of civilian customers I don't have a problem with this from a lore perspective. It makes perfect sense for the abilities to evolve in order to cater to and maintain public interest.

I'm really looking forward to AC MP since I never got much time to spend with it and consider it on par with GoW 1+2 in terms of overall difficulty. There's so much going on at once and no approach is 100% foolproof/effective. It's going to be a bitch to become competent so hopefully that challenge will keep me preoccupied for months to come.

[quote name='Jav0r']Do I need to play the other Assassin's Creed games? Last one I played was Assassin's Creed 1[/QUOTE]

Definately 2 and I would say Brotherhood as well. Revelations can be EASILY skipped.

I loved the MP in brotherhood but hated it in Revelations. I never did learn how to choose the gametypes in Revelations

Where can I pre-order this new game? This game is one of the best RPG’s that I’ve played so far and I would love to play its new version. Also, please let me know about the new features of this game so that I can play it better.

[quote name='huwenks']Where can I pre-order this new game? This game is one of the best RPG’s that I’ve played so far and I would love to play its new version. Also, please let me know about the new features of this game so that I can play it better.[/QUOTE]
You can't pre-order this game anymore.

[quote name='huwenks']Where can I pre-order this new game? This game is one of the best RPG’s that I’ve played so far and I would love to play its new version. Also, please let me know about the new features of this game so that I can play it better.[/QUOTE]

Best RPG's?!?

This comment is so generic (not to mention the "RPG" bit) it could be spam...

Right when this game is coming out and I still need to pay it off and i've already spent a ton of money on games, my X-box decides to not want to work any more...yay!

[quote name='simosaurus']Hey, does anyone know if there are unlockable avatar awards with AC3? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, they would've been leaked/announced by now. They would have found them at themexbox by now if there were. (http://www.themexbox.com/forum/). There are some things up for sale on the dash, but they're kinda 'meh.

You serious?

Is the Xbox 360 version of this game should be cheaper since it has less content. That's the fair thing to do in my opinion. Of course that won't happen though.

I never got into any of the Assasin Creed games. I love the thought of games but kept losing interest. I really want play this one being set in the American Revolution. I will have to rent it first just to make sure I can stick with it.

[quote name='GUNNM']How did that corny cartoon spin the boston massacre?[/QUOTE]

I don't even remember. Now you have me tempted to look it up :lol:. I bet they probably just had characters talk about it.

*EDIT*

The show started at the tea party (after the massacre), so they had no reason to show it. They probably talked about it. Back then cartoons were more lax with saying "killed/died" than they are now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will rent it then if I like it wait for goty. They already have $29.99 downloadable content and who knows what else is to come

i got the online pass code to work. I had to put the second disc in and do it from there. Don't know if thats how it has to be done but just a little heads up if it doesn't work on the first disc. I played just a little bit of the single player. Going to really get into it tomorrow.

[quote name='Nitro_']I think I will rent it then if I like it wait for goty. They already have $29.99 downloadable content and who knows what else is to come[/QUOTE]

Good luck, they never did it with any of the other games.

[quote name='Nitro_']I think I will rent it then if I like it wait for goty. They already have $29.99 downloadable content and who knows what else is to come[/QUOTE]

^Ninja'd
There have been 4 games and never a GOTY version. Do not think they will be starting now.

[quote name='Dinky']Looks like I'm out of luck. Best Buy ran out months ago as well as GameStop. Do online preorders give out steelbooks? Any fellow CAGs have a steelbook they can send me? Any help would be appreciated. I didn't realize they started taking preorders in March. I'm sad. :([/QUOTE]

Like someone else said check EBay, someone is selling them for $30 on Amazon.

Oh but here's the stinker, game is 2 disks on XBox but the Steelbook is a one-disk version.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Like someone else said check EBay, someone is selling them for $30 on Amazon.

Oh but here's the stinker, game is 2 disks on XBox but the Steelbook is a one-disk version.[/QUOTE]

Crap...I did not even think of that. I just checked and it does seem like you can stack 2 in there. Not the best solution but it will work.

[quote name='cancerman1120']^Ninja'd
There have been 4 games and never a GOTY version. Do not think they will be starting now.[/QUOTE]

I am trying to make excuses not to buy it..and being naive at the same time. I guess my bubble has burst. :hot:

My friend picked up his copy from GS. I'll say this, what the hell did they do to Desmonds face? It's bugging me every time i see it. Maybe it's just me.

bread's done
Back