Assassin's Creed 3 releasing October 30th, American Revolution confirmed!

Does anyone know how to kill those one guards? You press B when they are going to hit you, counter it, then i press X to hit them and they just block it and bop you on the nose.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Does anyone know how to kill those one guards? You press B when they are going to hit you, counter it, then i press X to hit them and they just block it and bop you on the nose.[/QUOTE]

Disarm them first.

After a few more hours, it seems chained insta-kills are there but they seem much harder to pull off. I was able to get three in a row.

[quote name='The 7th Number']and what button disarms them?[/QUOTE]

When that red warning sign pops up, press B to parry then during the slowed down part, A to disarm. Then you can wail on them with X.

So far I'm about 2.5 hours into the single player portion. Yeah, it's kind of slow going, but I'm easing back into my Assassin swagger. Feels good to be back. I have to admit that I was caught off guard with how it starts.

Then I went to try out the multiplayer and my system froze twice after I pressed the start button at the Abstergo title screen. I'm installing the disc now to see if that makes a difference. Anyone else run into this? Thank God I'm getting the Halo LE console next week, I think my current one is on it's last legs. :0/

Update: Disc 2 installed and it still freezes while checking for the uplay passport every time. WTH?

Last edited by a moderator:
The first few chapters are definitely a struggle, but once it opens up and you get that map full of viewpoints, treasures, feathers etc, you remember whats great about it.

The game still has its technical issues but I am enjoying it thus far. I am OCD about collecting everything so im already 30 hours in and only on sequence 9.

My recommendation to everyone is to do the homestead stuff first and do a lot of hunting. Beavers seem to be the easiest thing to kill and their pelts vary between £400-£500 a piece. Once youve unlocked/upgraded all 3 convoys (done through the recipes in the homestead) you can pull in around £10k every 12 minutes just convoying beaver pelts. If you hunt the bears a lot, they pull in around £800-£900 which adds up since each convoy can carry 7-8 items.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Then I went to try out the multiplayer and my system froze twice after I pressed the start button at the Abstergo title screen. I'm installing the disc now to see if that makes a difference. Anyone else run into this? Thank God I'm getting the Halo LE console next week, I think my current one is on it's last legs. :0/

Update: Disc 2 installed and it still freezes while checking for the uplay passport every time. WTH?[/QUOTE]

It's an unfortunately well known glitch I pray is a server side issue because I honestly don't want to have to wait for Microsoft to find time to certify a damn patch. I was lucky enough to play for a 30 minutes before I stupidly dashboarded to check out the ACIII theme I bought. Came back greeted by the glitch.

Complete and utter bullshit.

Took me 21 hours to finish the game according to raptr.com. I did some of the optional stuff but I think I can attribute a few of the hours in my attempt to get 100% synchronization. I did skip a few of them because they seem a bit difficult to me, but I plan on going back to them after doing the optional stuff.

I did enjoy the game but I felt I was fighting the game more often than previous AC games. I'm not a fan of what they did to the combat, I've always been fighting with the movement through the environment, and I miss the economy of the past few games. As someone who turns on subtitles, the white/light backgrounds make it difficult to read them at times. I've encountered a few scripting issues where NPCs act strangely or don't do what they've said/what I expected them to do. I've run into an issue where one of the liberation missions in New York isn't recognized as being completed. I've already done it three times (it's a quick beat up a few soldiers one) and it still hasn't changed.

I realize the economy was broken in the sense that all you needed to rack up the big money was to buy everything but here it seems overly complicated. You have to "recruit" people to your town, you have to have the recipes and ingredients, then you have to send them out on convoys or go directly to the stores. Even then, I'm not sure what the money is for. I never felt the need to upgrade anything on Connor since it wasn't readily apparent and/or easy to obtain in previous games. I appreciate the need to further improve on what was built but I felt like they overreached in this department.

I honestly couldn't blame anyone who wanted to wait on this game. Not only due to Ubisoft games going on sale very quickly but due to the polish this game lacks at times.

just beat it a few hours ago, its a real good game but that fuking ending lol, shit. i like the homestead missions and connor with warpaint is badass. i think this is the shortest ac game but its good and the graphics are great

[quote name='Sway']
I realize the economy was broken in the sense that all you needed to rack up the big money was to buy everything but here it seems overly complicated. You have to "recruit" people to your town, you have to have the recipes and ingredients, then you have to send them out on convoys or go directly to the stores. Even then, I'm not sure what the money is for. I never felt the need to upgrade anything on Connor since it wasn't readily apparent and/or easy to obtain in previous games. I appreciate the need to further improve on what was built but I felt like they overreached in this department.
[/QUOTE]

Ive noticed that fixing up the ship costs a lot of money.

I just made it to sequence 9. After beating all of sequence 8 and getting a power source, i had to look up a walkthrough just to figure out how to get to the area to plug the thing in.

So far the game is okay. I think i miss the old ways, where you enter a city and you are there for a while doing missions. In AC3 i never stay in the same area long enough to get to know the area much. Im always warping to the next area just to get to the missions. I remember when i was first trying to get to NY, it wouldnt let me fast warp there. I had to go into the frontier, then into NY, which was kind of strange.

I dont know why conner
is turning into such a cunt to achillies. He taught him all he knows, and is trying to help him out and conner acts like a bitch back at him.

Isn't Connor voiced by the same guy that did Altair in the original?
Perhaps that's why he's a dick.

I'm not into this game as much as I thought I would be. I'm enjoying it and everything but a couple nights I found myself only plugging in an hour then moving on to other games or some TV.

I miss the Italy backdrop. Boston's kinda bland, just a bunch of two story wooden houses, not that many landmarks. I'm not faulting the developers for that, just the way it was.

Yeah i originally thought i would get lost in this game the same way i did red dead redemption. I have a ton of skins and nothing to do with them because i didnt recruit the right guy to do the right job with them. Guess im going to wait till im finished with the story to really learn how to do those convoys, trade skins, and do the random other stuff. When i played RDR i played about 40 hours with a lot of random junk before i finished the story. But this game i feel like i want to get that over with first, so i can concentrate on one area of the map at a time.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah i originally thought i would get lost in this game the same way i did red dead redemption. I have a ton of skins and nothing to do with them because i didnt recruit the right guy to do the right job with them. Guess im going to wait till im finished with the story to really learn how to do those convoys, trade skins, and do the random other stuff. When i played RDR i played about 40 hours with a lot of random junk before i finished the story. But this game i feel like i want to get that over with first, so i can concentrate on one area of the map at a time.[/QUOTE]

You probably want to buy the maps for all the chests now at the very least so you'll have more recipes when you start crafting. I'm not sure what you get if you collect all the feathers/almanac pages in an area. I did get all the pages in an area but wasn't paying attention on what I got. Just collect them as you're traveling from mission to mission.

I did forget about upgrading the Aquila and yeah, it's quite expensive. I only purchased the cheapest one for the achievement. I plan on doing all the ship missions in one go and wonder if they can be easily completed with very few upgrades. I did find the ship missions sort of fun, but pressing X to avoid cannon fire seems excessively unrealistic.

Anyone who pre-ordered in-store at Best Buy, did the pre-order bonus weapon and mission come inside the game or printed on the receipt?

Ugh, Best Buy......I'm still waiting for my Angel of Death Avatar code. :0/

(but sorry, I can't help, I didn't order from Best Buy)

[quote name='nycmetsfan']Anyone who pre-ordered in-store at Best Buy, did the pre-order bonus weapon and mission come inside the game or printed on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

Receipt or was supposed to be mailed to you, there are tons of complaints on there forums about people not getting theirs.

[quote name='Blade3D']I still haven't gotten my best buy preorder codes...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blade3D']Receipt or was supposed to be mailed to you, there are tons of complaints on there forums about people not getting theirs.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten mine either and definitely wasn't on the receipt. In fact, I've never once seen any codes printed on a Best Buy receipt. My Borderlands 2 code was e-mailed to me about a week after I picked up the game.

So there is a season pass for this game, and its supposed to have 5 DLC packs within it. I know one is a story about George Washington, but anyone know about the rest? Ill probably sell this game unless the season pass has like 3-4 story line packs. I dont care about MP.

So to me, the ship missions replaced the tower defense game from Revelations. LOL Yeah i dont really like the ship parts that much, and they can be annoying.

I beat the story, so dont read the spoilers unless you beat it.

The last mission ...
was ok, i thought it was a bit dumb how conner and Lee both injured each other, then i had to chase him still to have a drink with him and then kill him. I wish his death was more epic than that.

As for the ending ...
well i guess Desmond saved the planet with some force field thing that sheltered the planet from burning up from the sun? But the story just sounded like, hey the world is going to turn into shit anyway. Kind of makes me think of religion, and how people end up killing people over religion. But what was the alternative, let everyone die and not have a chance to live on? Pretty lame. But overall i thought the ending was pretty weak. All those assassins creed games, endings, and i get that? Meh.

I think this game was fun but i think i enjoyed the past AC games more. I think Brotherhood was my favorite. I still think the first AC game was cool just for the assassinations, and having to figure out how to kill each target.

Oh and here are some deer i ran up on that were stuck in the ground. They were running and i kept hitting them with my arrow on a string weapon but they wouldnt die. So i shot one with my gun and it just disappeared. lol
A61EmpjCAAE7CHh.jpg:large

For whatever reason i simply can NOT pick a lock on a chest. I dont know what im doing wrong. I rotate the LS until it rumbles and then i stop and hold it. Then i do the same with the RS. While im holding both as still as possible i tap RT over and over. I never can unlock a chest. -_-

Here's where I stand on this game. I've been trying to rush through the story since it's a rental. Now before you criticize me there I have to say that it's not uncommon for me to beat games quickly. That being said I don't think I'll be able to do that unless I put on running shoes, lol.

I don't think this game is very good. It looks great, sounds great, has a great atmosphere, but the platforming, combat, mission structure, optional challenges, etc. range from good to poor, most of which land on the 'this is boring as hell' side of things. Plus, the game is SLOOOOOW, and I really need to emphasize this. The game wants you to be very methodical in terms of what you're doing almost the entire way, but in a lot of those instances, the game falls flat because you have enemies trying to speed you up.

I want to like this game. I really do, but man...it's just...mesmerizing that this was the end product.

Story Spoiler part
Connor sucks. I'm sorry, he just does. Let me play a game as that dapper fuck Haythem. Seriously, that'd be awesome. He's so much better than Connor in every way, and he's the bad guy. Until I took control of Connor, Haythem was great. I guess that's why Connor sucks, because in comparison, Haythem's miles better.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So there is a season pass for this game, and its supposed to have 5 DLC packs within it. I know one is a story about George Washington, but anyone know about the rest? Ill probably sell this game unless the season pass has like 3-4 story line packs. I dont care about MP.

So to me, the ship missions replaced the tower defense game from Revelations. LOL Yeah i dont really like the ship parts that much, and they can be annoying.

I beat the story, so dont read the spoilers unless you beat it.

The last mission ...
was ok, i thought it was a bit dumb how conner and Lee both injured each other, then i had to chase him still to have a drink with him and then kill him. I wish his death was more epic than that.

As for the ending ...
well i guess Desmond saved the planet with some force field thing that sheltered the planet from burning up from the sun? But the story just sounded like, hey the world is going to turn into shit anyway. Kind of makes me think of religion, and how people end up killing people over religion. But what was the alternative, let everyone die and not have a chance to live on? Pretty lame. But overall i thought the ending was pretty weak. All those assassins creed games, endings, and i get that? Meh.

I think this game was fun but i think i enjoyed the past AC games more. I think Brotherhood was my favorite. I still think the first AC game was cool just for the assassinations, and having to figure out how to kill each target.

Oh and here are some deer i ran up on that were stuck in the ground. They were running and i kept hitting them with my arrow on a string weapon but they wouldnt die. So i shot one with my gun and it just disappeared. lol
A61EmpjCAAE7CHh.jpg:large
[/QUOTE]

The 5 DLC's of the Season Pass are:

The 3 pre-order missions from GS, BB, and Amazon. I have the GS one, and Captain Kidd's Sword is 5 on speed and power, and 4 on combo ability so for the 2nd consecutive year the GS exclusive weapon is the most powerful one in the game.

All the MP unlocks (which I think is $15 seperately)

The 3 parts of the George Washington what-if campaign with one pack per month starting in January.

This is all from a Gamestop flyer.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The 5 DLC's of the Season Pass are:

The 3 pre-order missions from GS, BB, and Amazon. I have the GS one, and Captain Kidd's Sword is 5 on speed and power, and 4 on combo ability so for the 2nd consecutive year the GS exclusive weapon is the most powerful one in the game.

All the MP unlocks (which I think is $15 seperately)

The 3 parts of the George Washington what-if campaign with one pack per month starting in January.

This is all from a Gamestop flyer.[/QUOTE]Damn I'm glad I didn't buy the season pass

KingBroly... i agree with you. The story didnt seem to flow as well as past games. You never really stayed in one area long enough to get familiar with it. Most of the missions were really easy, and full of cut scenes that haltered the flow of the missions. Only one area, i think NY, was the only place during the story i stopped to find all lookouts. Im starting to think there isnt enough lookouts in the frontier to reveal the whole map. That was one of my favorite things to do in AC was find all the lookouts. I think i find myself having more fun now that ive completed the story. Im just going around finding trinkets, lookouts, chests, etc.

One thing i like are the frontier men you sit down at and here a spooky story about some myth. Then you have to find out the truth.

MSUHitman... thanks for that info. Think i will skip on the season pass.

On another note, i was nearly dead and fighting off a pack of wolves. 1 left to kill and me almost dead, the wolf charged me and i never got a QTE so he just bit me and i died. -_-

[quote name='The 7th Number']KingBroly... i agree with you. The story didnt seem to flow as well as past games. You never really stayed in one area long enough to get familiar with it. Most of the missions were really easy, and full of cut scenes that haltered the flow of the missions. Only one area, i think NY, was the only place during the story i stopped to find all lookouts. Im starting to think there isnt enough lookouts in the frontier to reveal the whole map. That was one of my favorite things to do in AC was find all the lookouts. I think i find myself having more fun now that ive completed the story. Im just going around finding trinkets, lookouts, chests, etc.

One thing i like are the frontier men you sit down at and here a spooky story about some myth. Then you have to find out the truth.

MSUHitman... thanks for that info. Think i will skip on the season pass.

On another note, i was nearly dead and fighting off a pack of wolves. 1 left to kill and me almost dead, the wolf charged me and i never got a QTE so he just bit me and i died. -_-[/QUOTE]

I think you don't familiarize yourself with the areas either because the areas in this one are so big, or they're extremely hard to traverse and maneuver in. Maybe a combination of the two. I think I have Rome memorized by heart. The city in Revelations...not so much. Well, the stone city I do, but only because it's simple as hell.

Just beat the game. My thoughts are that this is the most disappointing game I've played all year, right up there with The Last Story. The game's disappointment heavily outweighs that of Mass Effect 3, as I'm not as into that series as I was into this one. This game just has a whole lot of little problems that create big ones in certain situations (Optional Objectives, Chase Sequences, lack of Money, etc.) The game also doesn't explain a lot of mechanics, most of which I'm sure I missed, so there's that.

Overall, I give this game a 6/10. Completely average because despite the amazing visuals and atmosphere, it's bogged down by almost everything else in one form or another.

Wow, i was doing a liberation mission. Took the time to kill all the guards, when i was done i went over to the guy with his head and hands in that wooden lock. Couldnt press B to free him.

UPDATE: weird, i liberated that part of Boston and the liberation mission and the guy is still stuck there. Guess its a glitch.

Then i had 1 X for guards to come after me, i saw a poster on the wall and i couldnt press b to rip it down.

Oh yeah i tried to liberate a fort and jumped into some tree brush and got stuck. I couldnt get out, guards couldnt hit me, i had to quit the game and then load it back up.
A65QngLCUAApGVF.jpg:large

Finally been able to unlock some chests. What i do is just hold the analogs as still as i can and keep pressing RT even if i fail, and it seems like eventually ill get it. But sometimes it takes up to 5 tries.

UPDATE: Finally figured out how to open chests. For some reason i had this idea that you had to keep the analogs stead and not move them at all. But turns out all you really have to do is tap RT as fast as possble. Man i feel dumb.

The 6 hour tutorial was a slow burn and really got me bored. But now that I'm in the meat of the game things are picking up. I haven't had much time to play until yesterday and I'm enjoying it a lot more now.

I love the rope dart. GET OVER HERE!!!

This game is really glitchy.

Sometimes im incognito yet my warning thing has X, or vice versa. Sometimes i see posters out when im incognito.

Did one mission where i had to steal some papers, killed the guy, alarmed the guards so i had to kill them all before i could loot his body. So finally after killing them all i went back to the body and it was gone, yet the little red circle was there saying that was the location he was. So had to restart that mission.

During a homestead mission i was fighting guards to save Big Dave, got to about 2 guards left, killed one, then the loading screen came up and never went away. All i seen was the white loading screen. I could pause the game, or hit the back button. But had to quit the game and then reload it.

I just dont understand this, because i dont remember any of the past games being this glitchy.

Awesome new glitch, took like an hour to find all these pivots, synced it up and .... no achievement.

EDIT: Guess it wasnt a glitch, i dont think i got the achievement because i had cheats on? I started up my game again and went to the pivot map and it logged in again and the achievement popped. Just kind of dumb it doesnt tell you if you use cheats it wont give you the achievements.

These mini games are hard. Tried to play Nine Mens Morris and i always lose and feel like an idiot when i do. I also keep losing in that game where you throw the ball. -_-

i did the demo of mp, because i wanted to see if i could get any mp achievements for customizing your character. But i couldnt, and im not going to use my pass because im going to sell this game once im done.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Anyone messing much with the multiplayer? I tried out a few rounds of Wolfpack, but it's a nightmare with randoms.[/QUOTE]
I got to sequence 10 dunno if thats hard to do with randoms. No one really followed the optional directives like kill stealthily or kill with a lock on engaged though they all just ran toward targets and killed.

[quote name='GUNNM']I got to sequence 10 dunno if thats hard to do with randoms. No one really followed the optional directives like kill stealthily or kill with a lock on engaged though they all just ran toward targets and killed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got lucky with one group and made it up to wave 22. Best I've seen so far; think it ends at 25. Just a pain in the ass setting up a baller, hidden, incognito, disguised, poison kill only to have some jackass run full-speed from across the map for a whopping 150 point assassination on the same target.

I played one game of manhunt won 1st place apparently that doesn't count toward be on the winning team but I'm not really a MP type of guy those were the only two times I've been online.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Anyone messing much with the multiplayer? I tried out a few rounds of Wolfpack, but it's a nightmare with randoms.[/QUOTE]

I've spent most of the week playing since they finally must have sorted out the Uplay issues with the server. I think I'm in the 40s now. Still find the Deathmatch modes frustratingly complex at times but I'm getting there. Anyway... Wolfpack is a relatively straight forward beast overall. Unfortunately as with every co-op oriented mode it's only fun when everyone carries their own weight. I've cleared a whole session with randoms at least five times... maybe more. Last sequence is indeed 25.

Basically every successful team I've been on went about it two ways: Multikill Rush or Variety Rush. The former focuses on syncing up kills to maximize the multikill bonus of your team to compensate for your low target kill score. Extra Target kills are mandatory, target approach is borderline irrelevant, focusing and objective kills (found in the box on the top left corner of your screen) are recommended but not necessary depending on how well your team is working together.

The latter method is only possible with a solid team who knows exactly what they are doing. ET kills are again mandatory, but everything else is fair game. Thankfully on these teams you'll be sitting on enough time to concentrate on variety bonuses without worrying about a jackass stealing your kill or reckless rushing to reach the next sequence.

General rules I've found to live by are to always prioritize extra targets because quite often they are difference between a win and loss. Always take the time to at least achieve a focus before you kill to compensate for lack of approach. Pay attention to the multikill counter at all times and make sure to maintain it often (though rarely at the expense of an undisturbed high point kill). Wait for your team before you tackle a target group head on unless discovered and always follow the lead of the first attacker. A multikill bonus is better than none at all or watching your entire team get smoke bombed while all remaining targets scatter. Ground finishes add up so make them a priority. Always expect someone to ruin your set up at a moment's notice and know when to take your kill before it gets stolen with a horrible 150 point reckless approach.

Also periodically take note of the clock as well where and what your teammates are doing. Once you hit the 30 second mark you should only be focusing on multikills, extra targets or high point set ups at that point to reach the next sequence. Either that or looking for a new game. Hopefully some of that helps a bit. Your main focus is to identify the your teams main approach so you'll know exactly what will and won't benefit the team.

When I had the game I got 3 out of 4 of the mp cheevies, just need "get to level 20" one. I kinda liked Revalations mp more.

I played a bit in Brotherhood. Not much in revelations. So far I've played the tutorial and a game online. Took second place my first try. I don't understand why people just run around expecting to win by getting kills. You get more points by being stealthy and are less likely to get stunned.

I think im enjoying the game more after i finished the story and went after side missions and stuff. Probably because i can focus on one area for a long time, instead of jumping back and forth like in the story. Today i think ill give it a go on some of the ship missions, even though i generally dont like this part of the game. But there are a couple achievements that are tied to this mode.

I still have a few of those homestead things left, where you have to view a particular person doing a job to finish my book of the common man or whatever. lol. But its kind of annoying just standing there waiting for them to do something, and then hoping they do something different because you can view the same thing twice. Still need miner, doctor, woodworking i think.

One thing thats annoying a bit is when im just running around and connor just wants to jump in random hay bails or jump on random stuff thats off to the side of my path. Oh well.

I think I'll blow through the story then and go back finish other stuff. I think I'm in sequence 9 or 10. I just need to get this out of the way so I can play Halo 4, I've only gotten on the planet in it.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah im doing the ship missions and so far they are pretty easy. Not as dull and frustrating as i thought it would be, pretty fun actually.[/QUOTE]

The ship missions are one of the best things of the game. I was worried about them when I first heard about them because the den defense in Revelations were so bad. The ship missions are awesome! I love the homestead missions as well. They are the only part of the game that makes Conner feel more than just an assassin. His personality really comes out during those missions.

[quote name='deszaras']The ship missions are one of the best things of the game. I was worried about them when I first heard about them because the den defense in Revelations were so bad. The ship missions are awesome! I love the homestead missions as well. They are the only part of the game that makes Conner feel more than just an assassin. His personality really comes out during those missions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the naval missions were pretty cool. I only had to do 1 over i think, because the waves kept getting in the way of my shots. But overall they were more fun than i thought. Now i dont have any to do. :cry:

I still need a few of the encyclopedia of the common man. Like Woodworker, something else, and miner. But this miner dude is like never working. He is usually hugging his wife, carving some wood on his porch (which doesnt count towards anything), or just walking around.

I have pretty much everything done now. Just some of the frontier challenges like "Listen to all of George Washingtons conversations". I looked that one up, replayed sequence 9-1 and talked to him at the begining, and again before i went to find church. Then i talked to him before he challenges me to a game of ball throw. Still didnt get that challenge. I dont understand why this is a challenge, it seems more like an achievement. They shouldnt have challenges like this where you need to go online and figure out what you have to do.

Last night i finished all the hunting challenges. What i thought was really dumb was these specific missions where you have to find a special bear, cougar, elk, bobcat, etc. They always say oh and their pelt will get a lot of money, or they have a special pelt. But when you go to sell the pelts its just clumped into regular animal pelts. Would have been nice to actually sell those for higher prices, or even make something out of them for your house.

Also i just found out you can use recipes to make bags and stuff to carry more ammo, hunting gear, etc. LOL. Way after i was done with the game.

bread's done
Back