ATTN: Chris in Cali

Status
Not open for further replies.

daweba

CAG Veteran
Hey motherfucker, you wanna know who this is? I'm the guy who you sold a bootleg game to on eBay even though in the auction you specifically said "THIS IS NOT A BOOTLEG GAME". You also showed a picture of the game with the manual and the box, even though you only sent me some shitty bootleg cartridge with nothing else.

I also liked the part where you refused to refund my money even though I offered to send you back the game, and didn't respond to any of my emails. And I really liked the part where you withdrew all your money from your PayPal account so they couldn't refund my money, even after their investigation found that you ripped me off.

Guess what? After 2.5 months I finally got my damn $40 back but now I'm really pissed :bomb:. And unfortunately for you, I have your home address in Ventura where some of my friends live. So next time I'm in town with them, I'll make sure to pay you a little visit, okay?

To anyone who is considering making a trade with this guy: don't.

jimross6oc.jpg

"Things are about to heat up!"

[quote name='Odenat']eh... have you not seen the size of Chris in Cali from his pics?? I would not want to fight that guy[/QUOTE]
Where did you see his pictures?

EDIT: Saw his MySpace. Yeah, he can probably kick some ass.

I dropped him a PM to take a look at this thread. Hopefully, we'll get the other side of this situation, since the OP is a tad bit pissed.

[quote name='Drummy404']Where did you see his pictures?[/QUOTE]

..his picture's his freakin' avatar, dude.

There's gotta be more to this story, Chris has never seemed like the deceptive type on here..

[quote name='shrike4242']I dropped him a PM to take a look at this thread. Hopefully, we'll get the other side of this situation, since the OP is a tad bit pissed.[/QUOTE]
I think both OPs of their respective threads are pissed and both are rightfully so.

[quote name='daweba']Hey motherfucker, you wanna know who this is? I'm the guy who you sold a bootleg game to on eBay even though in the auction you specifically said "THIS IS NOT A BOOTLEG GAME". You also showed a picture of the game with the manual and the box, even though you only sent me some shitty bootleg cartridge with nothing else.

I also liked the part where you refused to refund my money even though I offered to send you back the game, and didn't respond to any of my emails. And I really liked the part where you withdrew all your money from your PayPal account so they couldn't refund my money, even after their investigation found that you ripped me off.

Guess what? After 2.5 months I finally got my damn $40 back but now I'm really pissed :bomb:. And unfortunately for you, I have your home address in Ventura where some of my friends live. So next time I'm in town with them, I'll make sure to pay you a little visit, okay?

To anyone who is considering making a trade with this guy: don't.[/QUOTE]

Quoted so he can't edit out the fucking threat.

I recieved a bootleg once from an auction on ebay, it was for Godzilla Generations Maximum Impact for the DC. I sent the guy an email and he refunded my money the next day and didnt even ask for the disc back. I was pissed but not so much to where I wanted to drive to the guys house and beat his ass. But then again I didnt pay near as much. I still dont think id have wanted to kick some ass.

I hope this works out for you both.

Why are we giving this guy an audience? Unless he's exagerrating (which wouldn't surprise me, considering his tone), this transaction took place on ebay (obviously not in CAG jurisdiction), and before the OP ever joined CAG.

So you're basically publicly threatening a beatdown on a guy? Yes, even assuming you actually did it (which we all know won't happen), they know who you are and you'd be arrested in no time. I'm sure if you even bother to reply it'll be something about how you're "hardcore" and you don't care, but neither do we.

I love the internet.

And to make up a whole thread to threaten someone. Got his money and still pissed off? You want to make a scene? Need an audience? Trying to audition for a play? Just joined on sept and already starting drama. I rate this 3 out of 10 for lameless. Now what do you rate this? Give me your opinions.

MAN WHAT THE fuck ???? Chris is full of SHIT!! He's acting like he's the victim here! I sent that game back in the EXACT same condition he gave it to me! I didn't even play it because it was obviously a bootleg...the label was poorly printed and there was no serial number on it. The name of the auction was "Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow NOT BOOTLEG" so I think I was understandably pissed.

Here's what happened: When I got the bootleg in the mail, I send him like 3-4 very reasonable emails saying I was willing to send him the game back if he just refunded my money and he NEVER responded to any of them. So after about 10 days I asked PayPal to open an investigation because I wanted my money back. They took about a month and finally told me to send the game back to Chris. I did this. And I repeat--I never even played the game! It was sitting in the packaging he sent it in for that whole month, just on my shelf.

So finally I get an email from PayPal saying they couldn't get the funds from the seller's account so they refund me only $17, but honestly I was happy to get anything at all after so long. So I send Chris another email and ask him to please refund me the rest of the money b/c I sent him the game back. Again, he doesn't respond to any of my emails. Weeks go by. So I decide to send him like 50 emails to try to scare him into giving me my money back (keep in mind that like 2 or so months have gone by). And it seemed to work because one day out of the blue PayPal is finally able to refund the rest of the money.

Now I know I'm some newbie here and Chris has like 1000 posts, but I don't lie. My eBay username is "jamdr" and I have 44 feedbacks--all positive. I'm not a cheater and I swear that game was in the exact same condition it was when I got it. It wasn't ever "chewed up" or whatever the hell he claimed. It was in mint condition, it was just a bootleg and I don't want any bootleg games in my collection. I think that's very reasonable. I was just trying to be honest and Chris screwed me when he sold me that bootleg game. For 2 months I was a very reasonable man--but that's a long time to wait for my hard-earned cash and eventually I resorted to mass-emailing him.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']...what's there to complain about...you got your money back.[/QUOTE]
Exactly? What is the point of the thread? And what is the point of mass-emailing him after you got your money back?

[quote name='SkyGheNe']...what's there to complain about...you got your money back.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. What's your point? You just stated to warn people not to trade with him. Get to the point. Isn't this resolved? Or seriously do you want to fight him cause I can start helping you guys promote a CAG fightclub. Front row seats are up for grabs.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Exactly? What is the point of the thread? And what is the point of mass-emailing him after you got your money back?[/QUOTE]
if its true now thats a big if, I wouldn't be happy with just my money back. I mean you'd have to got hrough a lot. I would want to publicly humilate the person. The fact that er have yet to even see the listing makes me think this may be a friend playing a joke or something

[quote name='daweba']My eBay username is "jamdr" and I have 44 feedbacks--all positive. I'm not a cheater and I swear that game was in the exact same condition it was when I got it. It wasn't ever "chewed up" or whatever the hell he claimed. It was in mint condition, it was just a bootleg and I don't want any bootleg games in my collection. I think that's very reasonable. I was just trying to be honest and Chris screwed me when he sold me that bootleg game. For 2 months I was a very reasonable man--but that's a long time to wait for my hard-earned cash and eventually I resorted to mass-emailing him.[/QUOTE]

*Cough* Bullshit */cough*

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Exactly? What is the point of the thread? And what is the point of mass-emailing him after you got your money back?[/QUOTE]

No. I still hadn't gotten my money (after 2.5 months) when I mass emailed him. It was only after I did it that he finally put the money into his PayPal account and I got my refund. It's sad that it took that to get him to what he should of done in the first place--refund my money!

And I would link to the ebay page if it was still up--but those things get delete after 2 months, I think.

The point of this thread is to warn others not to deal with this scammer. If you wanna believe his BS story, that's your business.

[quote name='guardian_owl']*Cough* Bullshit */cough*[/QUOTE]

Oh SHIT! Pwned! LoL. That's so damn FUNNY!

Seriously if you want to fight him. Don't fucking say it to us. Just go do it. Then post your results here when you're in jail. When you fight with your jailmates post them here too.

[quote name='daweba']Now I know I'm some newbie here and Chris has like 1000 posts, but I don't lie. My eBay username is "jamdr" and I have 44 feedbacks--all positive. I'm not a cheater and I swear that game was in the exact same condition it was when I got it. It wasn't ever "chewed up" or whatever the hell he claimed. It was in mint condition, it was just a bootleg and I don't want any bootleg games in my collection. I think that's very reasonable. I was just trying to be honest and Chris screwed me when he sold me that bootleg game. For 2 months I was a very reasonable man--but that's a long time to wait for my hard-earned cash and eventually I resorted to mass-emailing him.[/QUOTE]

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jamdr&iid=
:whistle2:s doesn't look like 44 to me

Beat by the OG owl.

[quote name='jlarlee']if its true now thats a big if, I wouldn't be happy with just my money back. I mean you'd have to got hrough a lot. I would want to publicly humilate the person. The fact that er have yet to even see the listing makes me think this may be a friend playing a joke or something[/QUOTE]

You know, maybe if he was a bit reasonable about it, people would be sympathetic. Instead, he comes on to warn us and then trails on about how he's going to kill this guy. He also goes out of his way using childish methods for what purpose? He's got his money back.

I wish I got my full amount credited back to my account after a guy scammed me out of $125 dollars for a 1GB ipod shuffle. It took me a lot of time to investigate what I could do about the situation, but once I got a majority of my money back you do the adult thing and move on.

Sending mass emails seems pretty ridiculous. He's got his money. End of conflict. I'd be happy with that - worse could have happened.

[quote name='daweba']No. I still hadn't gotten my money (after 2.5 months) when I mass emailed him. It was only after I did it that he finally put the money into his PayPal account and I got my refund. It's sad that it took that to get him to what he should of done in the first place--refund my money!

And I would link to the ebay page if it was still up--but those things get delete after 2 months, I think.

The point of this thread is to warn others not to deal with this scammer. If you wanna believe his BS story, that's your business.[/QUOTE]

A little proof would be nice. Print Screens of what happened would be nice.

Sunny days are nice.

Your methods aren't. Come in with a cool head and explain the situation - it gets more people to listen to you.

[quote name='jlarlee']if its true now thats a big if, I wouldn't be happy with just my money back. I mean you'd have to got hrough a lot. I would want to publicly humilate the person. The fact that er have yet to even see the listing makes me think this may be a friend playing a joke or something[/QUOTE]
I actually went through the same thing before (got a bootleg, went through hell to get a complete refund), so I know how he feels. I think I'd probably want to warn others about bad traders if I knew about them, but I don't see how emailing him 50+ times or posting a thread just about beating him up after you got your money back does anything except make you look immature/stupid. I mean, Chris' feedback isn't flawless, so it's not impossible he's telling the truth.

And the listing wouldn't be there cuz it's like 3 months old, I think.

Edited to add: Okay, SkyGheNe already typed pretty much what I wanted to say... need faster typing skillz :p

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I actually went through the same thing before (got a bootleg, went through hell to get a complete refund), so I know how he feels. I think I'd probably want to warn others about bad traders if I knew about them, but I don't see how emailing him 50+ times or posting a thread just about beating him up after you got your money back does anything except make you look immature/stupid. I mean, Chris' feedback isn't flawless, so it's not impossible he's telling the truth.

And the listing wouldn't be there cuz it's like 3 months old, I think.

Edited to add: Okay, SkyGheNe already typed pretty much what I wanted to say... need faster typing skillz :p[/QUOTE]

It's the effort and teamwork that counts.

And....there doesn't appear to be a thumbs up icon. November 28th, 2005 is a sad day indeed.

[quote name='daweba']WAIT! Here's the eBay listing. It hasn't been deleted yet, actually. So there you go, I'm telling the truth. And sorry if I seem immature, but if you've ever been ripped off like this, then you know you do whatever you have to in order to get your money back!

LINK: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8213447106[/QUOTE]

Whining, crying and publicly threatening someone never got me my game back.. a call to his local authorities, did, however.

[quote name='Kayden']*Passes the popcorn to Masha*[/QUOTE]

Passes spoons and forks and AK to Kayden.

...crunchy shit ..

[quote name='Scorch']Whining, crying and publicly threatening someone never got me my game back.. a call to his local authorities, did, however.[/QUOTE]

I didn't start that way, believe me. And no where did I ever publicly threaten him. All I ever said was I'm going to pay him a visit. I went through all the right channels and got no where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back