ATTN: Chris in Cali

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='daweba']WAIT! Here's the eBay listing. It hasn't been deleted yet, actually. So there you go, I'm telling the truth. And sorry if I seem immature, but if you've ever been ripped off like this, then you know you do whatever you have to in order to get your money back!

LINK: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8213447106[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. Losing a bit of cash isn't exactly what we all aspire to acheive in our lifetime. In the case of the ipod, I only got 65 dollars back. Sucks? Yeah, but I hardly think doing 'whatever you have to' is fine as long as it is within reason and not insanity.

Deep breath. In a worse case scenario, at least you'd be able to go to small claims and call up Judge Judy.

I know that's what I look forward to every time someone scams me.

judge%20judy.JPG

[quote name='beguile']Hey Check Chris feedback out. He still got a negative RECENTLY

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...serid=christopherh9365&iid=8213447106&frm=284

"Item never recieved, will not do business again....
Buyer lovestarlight ( 14) Sep-28-05 07:56 8213896522"

Chris closed his account too. Troll Alert. Closing your ebay account when there's something unresolved isn't a good thing. Thanks for the heads up OP.[/QUOTE]

damn that a $200 item not received maybe the OP can form a tag team with that guy

[quote name='beguile']Hey Check Chris feedback out. He still got a negative RECENTLY

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=christopherh9365&iid=8213447106&frm=284

Chris closed his account too. Troll Alert. Closing your ebay account when there's something unresolved isn't a good thing. Thanks for the heads up OP.[/QUOTE]

Oh damn, that auction was over $200. UH OH, THE TABLES HAVE STARTED TO MOVE

Also, this is why I never ever buy GBA games on ebay, which sucks because there's a few older ones I want to get =/.

[quote name='beguile']*Passes the slurpie to Kayden*[/QUOTE]
Passes rubber doll to beguile. Fire in the hole!

...shit ..gotta show up at work.. :bomb:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...serid=christopherh9365&iid=8213447106&frm=284

Hey Isn't it typical of trolls to start building up feedback up to like 15 positives and then end up screwing someone over? Reminds me of that KimChee kid. I don't think I'll trade with him but I wouldn't mind trading with him in person.

[quote name='daweba']I didn't start that way, believe me. And no where did I ever publicly threaten him. All I ever said was I'm going to pay him a visit. I went through all the right channels and got no where.[/QUOTE]

Did you seriously go to his local authorities? I once had an incident with a trader and after a months time contacted his local police department through phone and email.

I got my stuff a week later. Heck, since you'd be in his area, being in person is even better. Paying him a visit however, has connotations attached to it...negative ones to be exact and it also implies something.

Like a beat-down.

[quote name='masha']Passes rubber doll to beguile. Fire in the hole!

...shit ..gotta show up at work.. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Hold's the rubber doll in place for masha. Hey masha. Take a stab in it. All yours. I'm always there to help you masha, send more rubber dolls this way and I'll position all for you.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Oh damn, that auction was over $200. UH OH, THE TABLES HAVE STARTED TO MOVE

Also, this is why I never ever buy GBA games on ebay, which sucks because there's a few older ones I want to get =/.[/QUOTE]

Read the question the buyer asks and then look at his answer - apparently its only for the sampler UMD :whistle2:s Unless I'm reading it wrong...
The plot thickens..

Q: what does the value pack include? can you be more specific pls. thanks.
A: This auction is for the Sony PSP value pack's umd demo unit. It can normally only be bought in the PSP Value Pack, and not in stores alone

[quote name='joevan']Read the question the buyer asks and then look at his answer - apparently its only for the sampler UMD :whistle2:s Unless I'm reading it wrong...
The plot thickens..[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's pretty messed up. I realized that after reading closely too.

-The holiday's hottest toy!
-Excellent condition
-Games, Music, and Movies!

Even the shipping is that of a boxed psp and not a umd sampler disc.

I am hurt.

[quote name='daweba']I didn't start that way, believe me. And no where did I ever publicly threaten him. All I ever said was I'm going to pay him a visit. I went through all the right channels and got no where.[/QUOTE] So if that paying-him-a-visit thing wasn't a threat, what were you going to do when you visited him? As for going through the right channels and getting nowhere, I thought you got your money back.

(And I see SkyGheNe already said the same thing AGAIN. Must think less, type more.)

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Did you seriously go to his local authorities? I once had an incident with a trader and after a months time contacted his local police department through phone and email.

I got my stuff a week later. Heck, since you'd be in his area, being in person is even better. Paying him a visit however, has connotations attached to it...negative ones to be exact and it also implies something.

Like a beat-down.[/QUOTE]

Man, the police aren't going to care about $40 worth of stolen property, even in some rich suburb like Ventura. Chris is just some spoiled brat who thinks he's entitled to do whatever he wants without consequences. By proper channels I mean eBay, PayPal, and my credit card company. I didn't resort to the "threat" until I had no where else to turn. And you can see the original auction ended Aug 27--that's a long time to wait. College students don't have $40 to throw away so I did what I had to do.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']So if that paying-him-a-visit thing wasn't a threat, what were you going to do when you visited him? As for going through the right channels and getting nowhere, I thought you got your money back.

(And I see SkyGheNe already said the same thing AGAIN. Must think less, type more.)[/QUOTE]
I don't think "I'm going to pay you a visit" would hold up in court as a threat. I simply meant I wanted to meet the guy who ripped me off face-to-face, just to shake his hand. And yes, I did finally get my money back--after I mass-emailed him. PayPal wasn't able to do anything since he had no money in his account. Evidently, the emails scared him into giving me the refund.

[quote name='daweba']Man, the police aren't going to care about $40 worth of stolen property, even in some rich suburb like Ventura. Chris is just some spoiled brat who thinks he's entitled to do whatever he wants without consequences. By proper channels I mean eBay, PayPal, and my credit card company. I didn't resort to the "threat" until I had no where else to turn. And you can see the original auction ended Aug 27--that's a long time to wait. College students don't have $40 to throw away so I did what I had to do.[/QUOTE]

My complaint was about 32 dollars worth of stuff. You just have to pester them long enough and seeing how you'd be in the area of his local authorities, you could make a complaint face to face.

At any rate, I think the emails and threats were a little too much. Those go no where. I'm a college student too. But hey, congrats on getting your money back.

I'm surprised the chargeback didn't work though. I thought that sort of thing was guaranteed money back. Oh well. That was my only motivation for getting a credit card.

[quote name='daweba']I don't think "I'm going to pay you a visit" would hold up in court as a threat. I simply meant I wanted to meet the guy who ripped me off face-to-face, just to shake his hand. And yes, I did finally get my money back--after I mass-emailed him. PayPal wasn't able to do anything since he had no money in his account. Evidently, the emails scared him into giving me the refund.[/QUOTE]
I think everyone who read your post knows that it was threat, regardless of whether or not it would hold in court. If I met the guy who scammed me face-to-face with my buddies, shaking his hand would not be on my todo-list. Besides, I'd say those 50 emails you sent him may constitute a threat considering their contents.

Anyways, I think the point is that you could have done all this (getting your money back, warning the forums about a bad trader) in a more tactful manner. At least it was more entertaining this way :)

[quote name='dipsetrenegade']1) he probably got banned for posting that PSP auction. The fact that he pictured a PSP in the picture is grounds for banning. You cannot post a picture of something you are not selling, That auction is really sneaky.
[/QUOTE]
According to Chris's thread, he cancelled his eBay account just to avoid a negative from OP, but he also said he got mass-emailed after he put money into his paypal account for a refund, so who knows? *shrug*

[quote name='dipsetrenegade']its chris's fault here

1) he probably got banned for posting that PSP auction. The fact that he pictured a PSP in the picture is grounds for banning. You cannot post a picture of something you are not selling, That auction is really sneaky.

2) btw this is the REAL ARIA OF SORROW LOOKS LIKE
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Castlevania-Aria...237999538QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you got pwned[/QUOTE]

No, there's no way eBay would have banned him for that.

Trust me, I'm an ex-eBay bootlegger and I've had to suffer their consequences before. They are very lax about punishments.

And I know bootlegging is bad, blah blah blah. And I didn't rip anyone (other than Adobe) off. I made it clear in the listing that it was a copy and I even had a picture of the actual disc that was being sold. I helped anyone who was having trouble, and anyone who wanted a refund was promptly issued a refund pending the return of the item. I had hundreds of satisfied customers and a couple hundred postive feedbacks. No neutrals or negatives were ever left from it.

And despite all of this, eBay allowed me to keep my account.

they dont ban you for bootlegging BUT they do for mis-leading auctions
go look at all the Xbox 360 complete listings where someone sold simply a Box but showed the system with 3 games. If you intentionally try to sneak around someone - its bannable.

oh and on the topic of theives - KIMSHOT WHERES MY REFUND YOU SCAMMER?

[quote name='bmulligan']Chris in Cali is conspicuously absent....[/QUOTE]

You know, it's possible that some people here have lives.

[quote name='dipsetrenegade']they dont ban you for bootlegging BUT they do for mis-leading auctions
go look at all the Xbox 360 complete listings where someone sold simply a Box but showed the system with 3 games. If you intentionally try to sneak around someone - its bannable.

oh and on the topic of theives - KIMSHOT WHERES MY REFUND YOU SCAMMER?[/QUOTE]

You sure they didn't just cancel their own accounts? eBay's not that fast or concerned.

At worst, the accounts were probably suspended. Otherwise eBay has some messed up policies. I made $xx,xxx and after Adobe contacted them, they made me sign a contract agreeing not to do it anymore, butfor a couple hundred selling an Xbox box lands you instant ban?

The thread was created only an hour ago.

People have lives you know. Except for me. I'm stuck watching and commenting on all the drama while reading Tigana for tomorrow's lecture.

Go go double major.

Well he should be. I think this thread should be sticky or something. The ebay auction was very sneaky and funny part was... I don't think Chris even mailed the buyer the PSP Box. Buyer stated they didn't receive anything.

On the sidenote. www.trollhunters.com is a great site for those that got scammed or know anyone that has. Trollhunters have some dedicated team that helps track down trolls and try to get disputes resolved. Check out their site.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']...what's there to complain about...you got your money back.[/QUOTE]

exactly, you got PP to refund you so why are you saying you will go to his house and you " know where he lives" etc. I am pretty sure assault and battery is still illegal even if you have a failed business transaction with someone.

[quote name='beguile']Well he should be. I think this thread should be sticky or something. The ebay auction was very sneaky and funny part was... I don't think Chris even mailed the buyer the PSP Box. Buyer stated they didn't receive anything.

On the sidenote. www.trollhunters.com is a great site for those that got scammed or know anyone that has. Trollhunters have some dedicated team that helps track down trolls and try to get disputes resolved. Check out their site.[/QUOTE]

She just says the "item" wasn't received. I think she was looking for a PSP to be shipped. I know I would have.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']According to Chris's thread, he cancelled his eBay account just to avoid a negative from OP, but he also said he got mass-emailed after he put money into his paypal account for a refund, so who knows? *shrug*[/QUOTE]
Chris is full of bs in that thread. I don't understand why he would bother to make all that crap up just to get advice about my "threat". Why the hell would I mass email him if I had already gotten my damn money back? Proof: The auction ended Aug. 27. Chris posted his BS thread Nov. 4 which means I emailed him sometime before Nov. 4. PayPal covered $17 of the initial claim of $42 and the remaining $25 wasn't recovered from Chris' account until Nov. 13. So there you go.

paypal7ay.jpg

at first, I thought the OP was just a fake account, joking about chris in cali's thread, but wow, looks like chris did some swindling.

[quote name='zionoverfire']This is an ebay problem that has already been dealt with, no reason to drag this shit on to CAG.[/QUOTE]

i say its good to weed out the bad traders/sellers from the site...we need more of this;)

[quote name='dipsetrenegade']didnt you send the 'threats' during the 2 month window when you hadnt gotten the refund?[/QUOTE]
Yes, exactly. See my previous post for proof.

[quote name='zionoverfire']This is an ebay problem that has already been dealt with, no reason to drag this shit on to CAG.[/QUOTE]

well, if anything, we know one of our regulars isn't to be trusted. Most people on the site would have figured he was straight to trade with.

[quote name='Apossum']well, if anything, we know one of our regulars isn't to be trusted. Most people on the site would have figured he was straight to trade with.[/QUOTE]

Yea I just hope he doesn't close his CAG account and start up a new one like he did on ebay.

I actually like to see this on here. Sure, the auction was via ebay, but I would want to know a CAG was scamming no matter what site it was on.

That being said, I've always thought Chris to be a nice and helpful CAG...so I'm torn on this situation.

[quote name='Jedi1979']i say its good to weed out the bad traders/sellers from the site...we need more of this;)[/QUOTE]

This was an ebay problem and it has been resolved by ebay. If he wanted to post a topic noting that he and another ebay user had problems with chris and had left him negative feedback on ebay (something that he didn't even do) that would have been fine, but what I see is a rant by someone who has gotten justice but wants blood.

[quote name='integralsmatic']im surprised that he found Chris on this site. how did the OP know that Chris was a CAG?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was also wondering...

[quote name='integralsmatic']im surprised that he found Chris on this site. how did the OP know that Chris was a CAG?[/QUOTE]

Easy. Same way they found the troll Wenzel. Public info that's accessible to the public isn't hard to find. I can just google your name and find all the forums you log on to.

Haha, it was just a coincidence. I just found this site a few months ago and have been checking it pretty regularly since I got some great deals from that 33% warehouse.com promotion I found out about on here. Then one day I noticed a post from a user named "Chris in Cali" who was located in Ventura, CA. Well, that seemed like a pretty big coincidence, considering the guy who ripped me off was also named Chris and lived in Ventura. I guess it's not so unbelievable that I found him here, considering we were both on eBay looking for video games--which most CAGers do, I would think. I was just really surprised he was so established here with over 1k posts. I wouldn't think a scammer would take the trouble to do all that.

I know this isn't the best way to start out here, but hopefully I will become a regular and go on to post some great deals of my own.:cool:

[quote name='zionoverfire']This was an ebay problem and it has been resolved by ebay. If he wanted to post a topic noting that he and another ebay user had problems with chris and had left him negative feedback on ebay (something that he didn't even do) that would have been fine, but what I see is a rant by someone who has gotten justice but wants blood.[/QUOTE]

i welcome any rant that in turn may prevent somebody getting burned in the future

[quote name='zionoverfire']This was an ebay problem and it has been resolved by ebay. If he wanted to post a topic noting that he and another ebay user had problems with chris and had left him negative feedback on ebay (something that he didn't even do) that would have been fine, but what I see is a rant by someone who has gotten justice but wants blood.[/QUOTE]

i dont think he wants blood, i think hes just pissed. in any event, i look forward to chris' response.

I traded with Chris a few weeks ago and had no problems. I'm sorry the OP finds himself in this position but from what I can tell it seems he got his money back so I don't really see why he's complaining.

[quote name='ericx']I only see a instruction booklet and a game. Also, chris never mentioned a box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D8213447106[/QUOTE]

You're right. I thought there was a box behind the manual, but on second look there's not. BUT there is clearly a manual in the picture, and Chris only sent me a cartridge, no manual. Not that it matters anyway because it was an obvious bootleg. I don't think it's even the same cartridge that's shown in the picture

I've become very good at recognizing bootleg GBA games after I went for years without knowing the difference. Then one day when I was selling an old game of mine on eBay, I got a message from another eBay user telling me that I was selling a bootleg game, in case I didn't know. Well, I did the right thing and immediately took it off eBay and still have it in my collection :roll:. So now I know what to look for: blurry or poorly printed label, no serial number imprinted in the label, no copyright message on the metal connector pins, saved game files disappear because of the cheap battery used. It took me 3 seconds to realize Chris' game was a bootleg.

And honestly, I wouldn't have had much of a problem with it if he had just refunded my damn money after I sent him the game back. I got pissed when he didn't answer any of my emails and then emptied his PayPal account so I was left with no money and no game.

Wow, I figured Chris was a pretty stand up guy as well. Love to get his side of this.

I will say that it seems somewhat fishy that Chris didn't mention the real dispute was over the game being a bootleg in his original rant. But this guy also did e-mail bomb Chris a threat. So he's no altar boy in the whole fiasco.

And there is the whole angle that this was an eBay thing, still interesting to get the other side of the situation. (I remember reading Chris's post on this way back - it's already linked on page 1 of this thread.)

[quote name='Rig']I actually like to see this on here. Sure, the auction was via ebay, but I would want to know a CAG was scamming no matter what site it was on.

That being said, I've always thought Chris to be a nice and helpful CAG...so I'm torn on this situation.[/QUOTE]

I bought a game from him awhile back here on CAG, and it arrived in perfect condition, just as described. It was even sent Priority. I've always seen his posts as contributing to CAG as a whole. It's hard to imagine that he would do something like the OP states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back