AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

[quote name='bardockkun']I Wonder if we'll ever get Whedon's 3 hour cut of Avengers with any of the releases.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, once everyone's bought a copy of the first edition, followed by the special edition.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Definitely, once everyone's bought a copy of the first edition, followed by the special edition.[/QUOTE]

There's no precedent of extended or director's cuts for the real Marvel films, badly as a certain iron Man sequel needs one. I'd love to see it happen down the line, but we have no real reason to think it really will.

[quote name='eastx']There's no precedent of extended or director's cuts for the real Marvel films, badly as a certain iron Man sequel needs one. I'd love to see it happen down the line, but we have no real reason to think it really will.[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's all Disney now. Wait until they start putting them in "the vault" :lol:

Saw Dark Shadows this weekend (not great, but better than expected) and am going to see the Avengers again tonight. I'm definitely stoked. Glad to be part of the $XX million it will pull in again this week.

[quote name='Chase']I still wonder how they'll piece together a proper Infinity Gauntlet film. Perhaps we're due for a four-hour epic?

Infinity Gauntlet comic saga spoilers discussion:
I remember reading this with my jaw to the floor. There is a lot of death in this story. Thor is turned into glass. Thanos chokes Hulk to death. I mean, Thanos kills almost everyone. I wonder how they'll work in Adam Warlock as a cameo in the upcoming individual films. And I really look forward to the poignant scene where Captain America is the last one standing against Thanos. That was a "I've got chills/they're multiplying"-type scene.
[/QUOTE]

IIRC it was never shown what happened to the Hulk. I remember Thanos growing into a giant and chasing him off screen, and Hulk wasn't seen for the rest of the battle.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Hey, it's all Disney now. Wait until they start putting them in "the vault" :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've always imagined them taking truckloads of unsold DVD's and putting them in a giant underground vault somewhere.

[quote name='whoknows']I've always imagined them taking truckloads of unsold DVD's and putting them in a giant underground vault somewhere.[/QUOTE]

oh you mean to "preserve" them pending the upcoming end of the world event so that the "survivors" have something to watch while rebuilding the world.:cool:

[quote name='ITDEFX']oh you mean to "preserve" them pending the upcoming end of the world event so that the "survivors" have something to watch while rebuilding the world.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Assuming an event does happen and they somehow still have electricity, a working television, and a working DVD player, that's a bit counter-productive, yeah?

Avengers is now the #5 highest grossing movie domestically. It should take the #4 slot in about a week if ticket sales keep up.

I just don't understand Disney's marketing shit with this "before it returns to the "Vault" "... fuck lets waste tax payers money and demand that our senators investigate this so called "vault".

btw in a fight between superman and the hulk, who would win?

[quote name='blindinglights']Hulk, no doubt.[/QUOTE]
Superman was just made to be too powerful. He has super strength, super speed, sonic flight, super breath to freeze or cause tornados, and heat vision. Poor Hulk can't even catch him off guard because Superman also has X-ray vision and super hearing. He also doesn't need oxygen and can just throw Hulk into space if he wanted to, or even throw him into the sun. Superman is invulnerable to the sun as he was able to fly through the sun itself unharmed.

Ironic is that the greatest villain of the all powerful Superman is one Lex Luthor. And some people complain that Marvel needs to have stronger villains in their films. Kevin Spacey and Gene Hackman says yo!

Only chance Hulk has against Superman is if the battle is just here on earth, then Hulk can win because he gets stronger as the fight drags on. Maybe that or he hires Chris Angel becuase Superman hates magic :cool:

Superman would definitely win.

And Lex Luthor is a pretty amazing villain. I guess Red Skull is supposed to be his equivalent in the Marvel universe? Too bad they didn't do a good job with him in the movie.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']He also doesn't need oxygen and can just throw Hulk into space if he wanted to, or even throw him into the sun. Superman is invulnerable to the sun as he was able to fly through the sun itself unharmed.[/QUOTE]

As I understand it, Superman can hold his breath for hours but still needs air. That may have been revised at some point, I dunno.

As for the sun thing, it depends on who's writing it! What do you think starts the major conflict in All-Star Superman? Not official continuity, but a great comic series and movie.

I was a little disappointed in the All Star Superman movie. Mainly because they left out Bizarro Justice League. They were awesome in the comic.

[quote name='whoknows']Superman would definitely win.

And Lex Luthor is a pretty amazing villain. I guess Red Skull is supposed to be his equivalent in the Marvel universe? Too bad they didn't do a good job with him in the movie.[/QUOTE]
I sense bias in your posts from defending almost anything DC related all the way to even the Green Lantern film.

All Lex Luthor's done in both movies is cause earthquakes and hand Superman kryptonite.

Red Skull is not even close to Lex Luthor. There's likely no Lex Luthor in the MU. If anything it would be the Kingpin (but he's more like the MU's Joker). But Kingpin's nemesis is a vigilante, Daredevil, not a superhuman like Thor.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']I sense bias in your posts from defending almost anything DC related all the way to even the Green Lantern film.

All Lex Luthor's done in both movies is cause earthquakes and hand Superman kryptonite.

And Red Skull is not even close to Lex Luthor. There's no Lex Luthor in the MU. If anything it would be the Kingpin but his nemesis is Daredevil, not a superhuman like Thor.[/QUOTE]

I never said I liked Green Lantern though. I was just underwhelmed with most of the Marvel Studios movies. There are Marvel movies I like, just not those ones (aside from Avengers and Capt America).

It may be because I don't have any attachment to the characters (the ones in the Marvel Studios movies) because they weren't around when I was growing up so I don't see the movies for being any more than they are.

[quote name='whoknows']I never said I liked Green Lantern though. I was just underwhelmed with most of the Marvel Studios movies. There are Marvel movies I like, just not those ones (aside from Avengers and Capt America).

It may be because I don't have any attachment to the characters (the ones in the Marvel Studios movies) because they weren't around when I was growing up so I don't see the movies for being any more than they are.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough.

I grew up on Super Friends but didn't start reading comics until I was given X-Men. I didn't know anything about Avengers until maybe 4-5 years ago with Iron Man.

[quote name='eastx']As I understand it, Superman can hold his breath for hours but still needs air. That may have been revised at some point, I dunno.

As for the sun thing, it depends on who's writing it! What do you think starts the major conflict in All-Star Superman? Not official continuity, but a great comic series and movie.[/QUOTE]

As far as Superman flying into the Sun, it should be plausible since it does give him energy.

But then doesn't that mean that Superman is basically invincible then?

Forget nuking Superman, he basically can live inside the mother of all nukes.

vitruvian_superman_ass12.jpg

[quote name='eastx']As I understand it, Superman can hold his breath for hours but still needs air. That may have been revised at some point, I dunno.

As for the sun thing, it depends on who's writing it! What do you think starts the major conflict in All-Star Superman? Not official continuity, but a great comic series and movie.[/QUOTE]

vitruvian_superman_ass12.jpg

The one person that is similar to Luthor in the MU is Norman Osborn. However, Bendis fucked up it all up recently and could've done so much more for Osborn.

As for Hulk vs Superman, here is how I see it. Hulk is basically a more powerful version of Doomsday. Just with a brain as to the mindlessness of Doomsday. I'd stake my money on Hulk.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']
As far as Superman flying into the Sun, it should be plausible since it does give him energy.

But then doesn't that mean that Superman is basically invincible then?[/QUOTE]

The premise of All-Star Superman is that overexposure to the sun through close proximity actually causes him to absorb too much energy and develop severe health problems. It's a reasonable way to limit his powers.

Writers have this tendency to make Supes more invincible as time goes on, and then they scale the powers back and start the process again. Stuff like what contact with the sun would do is not fixed and could vary from year to year.

[quote name='GhostShark']As for Hulk vs Superman, here is how I see it. Hulk is basically a more powerful version of Doomsday. Just with a brain as to the mindlessness of Doomsday. I'd stake my money on Hulk.[/QUOTE]

Over the years, Hulk has basically become Marvel's answer to Superman. He's impervious to almost everything man-made, and his power is essentially becoming stronger than whoever he is facing. However, this doesn't discount the fact that he still breathes oxygen and can't fly freely. Superman could easily throw him into space, or into a sun. Even with Hulk's powers, I don't think it's feasible that he could survive that unless a Marvel author wants to make him even more ridiculous. Also remember that Hulk has the option to turn back into Banner, whereas Superman is constantly invincible.

Hulk also has regeneration tied into his entire anger thing. Could easily mean he's capable of repairing any damage a lack of oxygen would cause. As he's flying into the sun, the gradually increasing heat will help make him angrier and angrier. Throw in the Hulk absorbing some radiation while in/approaching the sun...well, I'm not saying he'll survive, but if he did, his power would be godlike. If Supes literally just threw the Hulk toward the sun...I wonder if Hulk would be able to hock a loogie and/or throw his pants strong enough in one direction to avoid the sun entirely...

I'm not a Hulk fan by any stretch, but the way I understand his powers is that his endurance, regeneration, and strength are limitless based on how pissed off he can get (I imagine fighting Superman would piss him off pretty badly since it wouldn't be a pushover).

According to the blurb on Wikipedia about Hulk's Powers & Abilities:

he has endured the temperatures of the Sun, survived in outer space, withstood nuclear explosions and "planet shattering impacts".

Ratchet&CAG, you say Superman was created to be way too overpowered, but I see it as the reverse. From what I understand about Superman, all his powers are "super-human" which don't really match up to what are basically "super-unlimited-powers".

Also, according to the article on Superman:

Superman's ability to gain energy from sunlight may be counter-acted if he is badly beaten so quickly that his body doesn't have time to heal (as happened in his battle with Doomsday).

Hulk will continuously get angrier and therefore more powerful. Eventually he's going to be able to inflict that beating.

I'm sure it can be interpreted many different ways, that's just the way I understand it. I think it basically just comes down to both superheroes were created to be nearly impossible to beat until they realized that if they're just so bad ass that no one can beat them, what's the point? They both seem to be a few steps short of God Mode.

[quote name='Blade']Over the years, Hulk has basically become Marvel's answer to Superman. He's impervious to almost everything man-made, and his power is essentially becoming stronger than whoever he is facing. However, this doesn't discount the fact that he still breathes oxygen and can't fly freely. Superman could easily throw him into space, or into a sun. Even with Hulk's powers, I don't think it's feasible that he could survive that unless a Marvel author wants to make him even more ridiculous. Also remember that Hulk has the option to turn back into Banner, whereas Superman is constantly invincible.[/QUOTE]

Banner is no longer part of Hulk so it's all Hulk now (and a bald one at that) and Hulk survived being show into space by The Illuminate and was just fine. Hell, Red Hulk has been to space and been perfectly fine. But it's just arguing semantics at this point as to some people are Superman fans and some are Hulk fans.

[quote name='blindinglights']I'm not a Hulk fan by any stretch, but the way I understand his powers is that his endurance, regeneration, and strength are limitless based on how pissed off he can get (I imagine fighting Superman would piss him off pretty badly since it wouldn't be a pushover).

According to the blurb on Wikipedia about Hulk:

Ratchet&CAG, you say Superman was created to be way too overpowered, but I see it as the reverse. From what I understand about Superman, all his powers are "super-human" which don't really match up to what are basically "super-unlimited-powers".

Also, according to the article on Superman:

Hulk will continuously get angrier and therefore more powerful. Eventually he's going to be able to inflict that beating.

I'm sure it can be interpreted many different ways, that's just the way I understand it. I think it basically just comes down to both superheroes were created to be nearly impossible to beat until they realized that if they're just so bad ass that no one can beat them, what's the point? They both seem to be a few steps short of God Mode.[/QUOTE]
Hulk withstanding temperatures from the Sun is a lot different than someone like Superman actually being able to go into the heart of the Sun.

Hulk is "stronger" but Superman has way too many "super powers".

[quote name='ITDEFX']I just don't understand Disney's marketing shit with this "before it returns to the "Vault" "... fuck lets waste tax payers money and demand that our senators investigate this so called "vault".

btw in a fight between superman and the hulk, who would win?[/QUOTE]

They fought 3 times, 2 times were stalemates and 1 victory for Superman, which was fan voted so take that as it is.

Spider-Man should be in the next one. He does a lot of Avenger work in the comics, and it's a definite way to ensure the sequel is even bigger.

[quote name='DestroVega']Spider-Man should be in the next one. He does a lot of Avenger work in the comics, and it's a definite way to ensure the sequel is even bigger.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but Sony will not agree to it.

Only way this happens is if Sony does indeed sell off Columbia Picture which was reported a couple years ago, and Disney happens to be the one buying it.

While I would agree that Spider-Man would be cool, he only became an Avenger recently in the past ten years. Plus there the fact Sony will never agree to it. There are plenty of other Avengers that could be in the sequels and other Marvel films such as Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, The Vision, Hank Pym, Wasp, and so on. Who knows, though.

[quote name='DestroVega']Spider-Man should be in the next one. He does a lot of Avenger work in the comics, and it's a definite way to ensure the sequel is even bigger.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather see Wolverine.

[quote name='GhostShark']While I would agree that Spider-Man would be cool, he only became an Avenger recently in the past ten years. Plus there the fact Sony will never agree to it. There are plenty of other Avengers that could be in the sequels and other Marvel films such as Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, The Vision, Hank Pym, Wasp, and so on. Who knows, though.[/QUOTE]

:drool: oh please

Ooooooh, oooooh, geek talk! I love it!

Keep in mind that Superman has created mental blocks over the years in order to keep his powers in check. He fears that if he were to absolutely cut loose, he may very well destroy the world. A good example of what an out-of-control Superman would look like is Superboy-Prime. He was shown to be able to take on dozens, if not hundreds, of super-powered beings at once, easily murdering Green Lanterns and demi-gods from across the multiverse, like the Superman and Wonder Woman of Earth-15. He also destroyed Earth-15 and would have destroyed the mainstream universes OA (and thus, restarted the Big Bang), if Superman and the Golden Age Superman did not fly him through Rao.

Besides All-Star Superman, Kal-El was also shown to be able to live within the sun in the possible future of DC One Million. Known as "Superman Prime," he essentially became God of the DC Universe, gaining the ability to create life, resurrect the dead, and be completely and absolutely immortal.

Then, there's the Kingdom Come Superman. Though not nearly as powerful as Superman Prime and probably a tad less powerful than Superboy-Prime, his prolonged exposure to Earth's sun definitely made him much more powerful than his younger mainstream counterpart. According to Lex Luthor, during the time of the series, Superman was at the height of his power, and kryptonite could no longer kill him. He also easily survived the nuclear bomb launched by the UN to wipe out the metahuman community. Even more of his superiority was shown during the "Thy Kingdom Come" series, in which he easily overrides Starman's gravitational powers, appears to be as fast as Wally West (according to Jay Garrick), can hear a fight between Hercules and Gog in Gotham City from all the way in Metropolis, completely punks out Hercules, sends Superman flying a city block with one punch, and punches a bolt of lightening from Gog. In the series' epilogue, he is shown to still be alive 1000 years in the future, though as a very old man.

The super hero that will be revealed as gay has not yet appeared in the New 52. So any titles already out are out for contention. That means Superman, Batman, Robin, etc.

[quote name='DestroVega']The super hero that will be revealed as gay has not yet appeared in the New 52. So any titles already out are out for contention. That means Superman, Batman, Robin, etc.[/QUOTE]

I said it in the other thread someone felt a need to make, but I'll say it again here:

I suppose the media will always fall for stunts like this, but I wish comic book readers and/or the general populous wouldn't fall for this crap as well. Who really cares? It's not going to really change anything or have some kind of profound impact on the medium of comic books. This is just a stunt by DC to try and take attention away from the long time openly gay Marvel X-Men character Northstar who is getting married soon.

DC already has their big female lesbian star in the current Batwoman, so this is the last sexual orientation card they have to play by making a male gay until they go to the well of having a major character experiment with the other team and identify as bi-sexual on the spectrum of sexuality. I'm sure a character will begin to identify as transgendered as soon as transgendered rights become a hot topic of political discussion in the way homosexuality and gay marriage is right now.

And if Marvel, DC, comic fans, or society at large truly gave a fuck about LGBT issues or LGBT influence on comics, more attention would be given to the whole underground genre of LGBT comics and the often LGBT creators of said comics. Instead - publicity stunt.

Quesada says Ms. Marvel movie script written and ready!

Yesterday I told you about the off the panel comments that Joe Quesada had to say about Marvel movies with female leads. Today I bring you more no on the panel comments. Reporter Abby Chandler who writes for the Badhaven site states Quesada told her that:
A script for a Ms/Captain Marvel movie is ready to go. They just needed an actress. Marvel are having a meeting in a couple of weeks and will be ready to announce some films then … He said we’d be pleasantly surprised.
The ongoing Captain Marvel by Kelly DeConnick starts in July so that would be good timing and good publicity.
So there’s the character. But if you remember Quesada said that he couldn’t think of a an actress to for a tentpole film. Let’s help him! Cast Carol Danvers.

249752-160563-civil-war.jpg

Edgar Wright Filming Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’ This Year?

Edgar Wright was a guest on the Empire Magazine podcast recently, where he dropped the following quote related to both Ant-Man and his upcoming apocalyptic comedy The World’s End (which will conclude the “Blood and Ice Cream” trilogy begun by Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz) :
Things are happening, and other things are happening on other things as well. There’s some interesting plates spinning and I ideally hope I’ll be shooting this year.
Those words set off a bevy of rumors and speculation – most of which pointed to Wright “confirming” some earlier teases that Ant-Man will indeed begin production soon. Slash Film followed up with Wright via email, and got the following response:
So as not to jinx things, I am going to remain spectacularly vague on this. Let’s just say I hope to shoot some Ant-Man & World’s End this year.​

Ms. Marvel (and She-Hulk) would be an awesome addition to the Avengers. I think Joss Whedon said he was going to add a bunch of female superheroes to the mix because the first Avengers movie was severely lacking in that department.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can sneak out to the movies by myself at some point and actually watch this thing before it leaves theaters...

[quote name='camoor']Avengers was epic. They are going to have to make a Marvel vs DC movie to top it.[/QUOTE]

It will NEVER happen! Each company is tangled in their own legal mess over rights and so on. I think it got really complicated once hollywood got involved. Unless all of them sit down and play nice, we will never see a mashup like that. Hell we'd be damn lucky if Sony gives Paramount permission to use Spiderman.

In the end, it's the fan boys who suffer...while the studios make billions!

[quote name='Javery']Ms. Marvel (and She-Hulk) would be an awesome addition to the Avengers. I think Joss Whedon said he was going to add a bunch of female superheroes to the mix because the first Avengers movie was severely lacking in that department.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can sneak out to the movies by myself at some point and actually watch this thing before it leaves theaters...[/QUOTE]

With computer technology advancing more and more every movie, you can sure bet they can pull off a realistic she-hulk without hiring some nasty body builder to act like her.

Hey, guys I have watched all the movies in the cinematic universe

Just to make sure, in NONE of the movies they talked about how Fury lost his eye right?

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']What's going on with Superman in 2013? Heard that DC was losing his rights and he could be up for sale.[/QUOTE]

it's still on....for 2013....

I dunno...superman returns was good (not great)... it could have had more movies made.... do we need a reboot to tell the superman story? NO

[quote name='Tony Stark']Hey, guys I have watched all the movies in the cinematic universe

Just to make sure, in NONE of the movies they talked about how Fury lost his eye right?[/QUOTE]

Not really, no, but Ultimate Nick Fury lost his eye to Wolverine. Not sure how the 616 Fury lost his eye. Don't care much for the original Nick Fury.

bread's done
Back