[Back in stock] Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne on Amazon for $40

[quote name='buckythekat']they don't give a list, and I tried to use it on Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne which is an Atlus game[/quote]

in the email there are a few buy links on the left side that the email says to use it on, even tho it seems like many people used the coupon on a non atlus game. in anycase i used my coupon a long time ago to buy arcana heart. i do think that they should have put an expiration date on the coupon so people would know when to use it by but as someone already pointed out, in the fine print amazon is allowed to cancel the promotion at anytime. maybe amazon realized that people were using the promotion for stuff that it wasnt intended to be used with so they just canceled it.

[quote name='trunks982']whew, good thing i used it yesterday for this game.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I just happened to use it yesterday on Rtype PSP with model bonus. What luck, didnt know there was an expiration date. Next time they should tell us.

that sucks for all you guys who's coupon you didnt get to use

if enough people complain to atlus, you think they'll send us another one @__@ ??

I got double stacking on GT5 pro for some reason, 1 of the coupons was for FES, I only had 1 for GT5pro but the shopping cart read em both for the GT5pro and I got the game for $30 no tax, free ship.

Sadly, I don't think GT5 pro is worth $10 never mind $30

[quote name='jeremywoods']that sucks for all you guys who's coupon you didnt get to use

if enough people complain to atlus, you think they'll send us another one @__@ ??[/quote]

I doubt it :(.

I wouldn't even complain though. It's not like they HAD to give us anything at all :cool:.
I'm just thinkin Oh welllll.

Anyway, would it be better to get Noctourne or FES?

[quote name='jeremywoods']that sucks for all you guys who's coupon you didnt get to use

if enough people complain to atlus, you think they'll send us another one @__@ ??[/QUOTE]

Probably not...

I just wish they gave us some kind of a warning that it would expire.:whistle2:?

Oh well, it was only $5. I was going to order Rondo of Swords since I couldn't think of anything else to use it on but fuck that.

[quote name='Vinny']That's fucking bullshit... I was just about to use mine and you're right, it doesn't work. God dammit Atlus.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yea, it is fucking bullshit.

I was about to use mine tonight for R-Type for the PSP, and it's expired. The e-mail says NOTHING about the coupon expiring at all.

[quote name='jeremywoods']wow this seems like a massive reprint then.. but theres still guna be hoarders who'll buy all of them and try to sell them for $70+ -__-

picked up nocturne from playasia, and dds1 from rapestop..
just gotta find me some dds2 for cheap now >__

[quote name='abhinav']Hmm i seem to have totally forgotten about DDS2. God damnit, i guess i gotta track that one down too.[/quote]

DDS2 is 19.99 new at Gamestop. I bet they are all opened but its not a bad price. Maybe you could get lucky and they have behind the counter sealed.

Good luck trying to find DDS 1 w/Limited Edition box & soundtrack. Even Ebay copies are scarce. The few copies that are up have the Limited Edition Box in terrible condition. I think there was also a PS2 controller skin as a preorder bonus. I was surprised to see the limited DDS1 still on the shelf at Fry's around the time DDS2 came out, but that was years ago.

Also, DDS 2 never had a Limited Edition release. I don't remember if it came with a soundtrack, though. I should check my release day copy.

[quote name='Longinus']Good luck trying to find DDS 1 w/Limited Edition box & soundtrack. Even Ebay copies are scarce. The few copies that are up have the Limited Edition Box in terrible condition. I think there was also a PS2 controller skin as a preorder bonus. I was surprised to see the limited DDS1 still on the shelf at Fry's around the time DDS2 came out, but that was years ago.

Also, DDS 2 never had a Limited Edition release. I don't remember if it came with a soundtrack, though. I should check my release day copy.[/quote]
DDS2 never had a LE release. There was a soundtrack but it's a preorder bonus.

[quote name='spamfree2']DDS2 is 19.99 new at Gamestop. I bet they are all opened but its not a bad price. Maybe you could get lucky and they have behind the counter sealed.[/quote]

Yeah, just find yourself one at Gamestop...I didn't feel like paying $40-$50 online, so I just went out yesterday and found me one...very worth it. Now I'm only missing the original Persona. :)

[quote name='Longinus']Good luck trying to find DDS 1 w/Limited Edition box & soundtrack. Even Ebay copies are scarce. The few copies that are up have the Limited Edition Box in terrible condition. I think there was also a PS2 controller skin as a preorder bonus. I was surprised to see the limited DDS1 still on the shelf at Fry's around the time DDS2 came out, but that was years ago.

Also, DDS 2 never had a Limited Edition release. I don't remember if it came with a soundtrack, though. I should check my release day copy.[/QUOTE]

I hope they (DDS and Nocturne) stay somewhat high. I wanna finish up my copy and sell it off so that I can make back what I paid for crappy used copies (pre-reprint copies).

I'm debating whether to buy Nocturne or not again. Have the LE edition with soundtrack, but would like a sealed one for collection purposes. Can't go wrong with 39.99 I guess.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']I have the LE DDS1 and it has a slot for DDS2...thats why it was never released with the box.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have that too, last week I categorized my game and found the soundtrack for DDS1 in it. I put both DDS 1 and 2 into the box with soundtrack and tagged it into my gaming box vault. Might play down the road, but for now, trying to categorize my huge collection and see what I'm missing and what I have.

Back OOS. Im glad I finally get to play this game though. But I already have a TON of games to catch up on. Damn, gaming is hard!

Jah i don't know what your talking about, it still shows it in stock for me. I did the 999 trick and it showed 2 left...

They're getting more on the 12th apparently.

Does anyone know where I can pick up Amazon Gift Certificates/cards in stores?

[quote name='aerozero']They're getting more on the 12th apparently.

Does anyone know where I can pick up Amazon Gift Certificates/cards in stores?[/quote]

I know in some of those change exchange things (when you first enter a Super Market) you can exchange coins for Amazon gift certificates....

[quote name='Rozz']I know in some of those change exchange things (when you first enter a Super Market) you can exchange coins for Amazon gift certificates....[/quote]

PathMarks(grocery store) by me carry them

The "order now and it'll ship on May 12th" is gone for me now.

A shame because I went out to get a copy from EB in the b2g1 sale and the manual had been stolen from the (clearly brand new) "used" copy of Nocturne. So I didn't buy it, assuming Amazon would still have them. Maybe no such luck.

[quote name='victant']...and back in stock (as of 5/6/08 @ 0105).[/quote]Thanks. I never got the game even though it said it was delivered and they are refunding my card and now I can order it again.

My god, this reprint is huge. I picked up two thinking leaving one sealed would be worth something one day...looks like that was a bad move.

I wonder how non reprint sealed owners feel right now...

[quote name='kevzik']My god, this reprint is huge. I picked up two thinking leaving one sealed would be worth something one day...looks like that was a bad move.

I wonder how non reprint sealed owners feel right now...[/QUOTE]

In a word, bewildered. I've got the original soundtrack version of Nocturne sealed and a DDS boxset sealed. After the reprint was long obvious, I saw a copy of 2st print Nocturne (the limited edition w/ OST) sell for $150 on Ebay. It's the same story with the sealed DDS boxset, saw a copy go for $165. I haven't seen any original, sealed ones listed after that so who knows... I'm guessing they're not worth more than a couple of bucks over the reprints now (going by what happened to other reprints).

I am kinda peeved that I bought used copies of both (found by luck on GS's websites in January this year) to play thinking I'd just sell my sealed ones over the summer and... well, I guess I should have sold them earlier.:rofl:

But I don't really care. I never bought the games to resell... I just don't open my games until I get to them. I mean, it's nice when a game does skyrocket in value of course but that's few and far between in most cases.

After the Persona 3 issue (those who hoarded multiple copies to resell because it's an Atlus game), I'm glad the reprints came. I'm hoping this kills of the hoarders from Atlus games.

[quote name='trunks982']the tracking number says my package got mis-shipped. wtf[/QUOTE]

Yikes! I've never heard of that happening!

[quote name='trunks982']the tracking number says my package got mis-shipped. wtf[/quote]

Agreed with above, sorry to hear that.

Also this seems to be OOS again. God the box is pretty. Oh so pretty.

Hmm I ordered it earlier today, but my credit card still hasn't been charged. Maybe I missed it and they didn't charge me =(

Is this any different from Devil Saga? I thought it was pretty repetitive with the endless dungon crawling. Do you have to devour your enemies in this one too? I enjoyed Persona 3 though, been meaning to pick up FES

[quote name='ken12012']Hmm I ordered it earlier today, but my credit card still hasn't been charged. Maybe I missed it and they didn't charge me =([/quote]

They charge it when it ships =)

[quote name='abhinav']They charge it when it ships =)[/quote]

Ahh yes thanks. They just shipped it to me. I was scared, hehe.

[quote name='CaoPi']Is this any different from Devil Saga? I thought it was pretty repetitive with the endless dungon crawling. Do you have to devour your enemies in this one too? I enjoyed Persona 3 though, been meaning to pick up
FES[/quote]

There's a lot of similar dungeon crawling, but no devouring of enemies.

Anyone notice that Gamestops are starting to get this in used everywhere now? I saw one and thought it was an anomaly, but literally every store I have been in in the last week has a complete used copy of this, something like 10 stores.

[quote name='sonicdescent']Anyone notice that Gamestops are starting to get this in used everywhere now? I saw one and thought it was an anomaly, but literally every store I have been in in the last week has a complete used copy of this, something like 10 stores.[/QUOTE]

Probably from the SMT first-timers who got it from Play-Asia or Amazon and quickly got their butt handed too hard.

bread's done
Back