Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']SO you think rare will be bought by nintendo? IDK about that...[/QUOTE]
It could happen :p

If not, maybe Sega will buy Rare and release a new console just for banjo :lol:

banjo kazooie Is still one of the best games i've ever played , i played it in the holiday season of what 1999-2000 and it left some fun memories !

Wow, it amazes me how worked up some of you can get over this game. I mean, I've seen people get worked up over games, but over Banjo fucking Kazooie?

[quote name='Rozz']As for that last comment, you are the biggest scumbag mother fucker I've ever heard. You stupid douchebag, think before you say statements dumbfuck. If only your mother didnt drop you on your head.[/QUOTE]

haha shut it down. post of the year!

I never knew such venom could be spit from someone's mouth. Now I know that Banjo Kazooie bashing is not tolerated on these boards. :)

you must love your Banjo.

[quote name='asianxcore']haha shut it down. post of the year!

I never knew such venom could be spit from someone's mouth. Now I know that Banjo Kazooie bashing is not tolerated on these boards. :)

you must love your Banjo.[/QUOTE]

Hey, a lot of us love a bear and his bird gosh darn it!

[quote name='pop311']Is it just me or does Banjo look too stupid and not as jolly and fun-loving as he did in N64?[/quote]

Seems like they're trying to caputre the low polygon count from the N64.

[quote name='maddfrog']Seems like they're trying to caputre the low polygon count from the N64.[/quote]

Yeah, exactly like N64

t_1162_0002.jpg

:roll:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah, exactly like N64

t_1162_0002.jpg

:roll:[/quote]

Yes, how boxy Banjo is. Like how boxy his hand is, his nose, etc. I guess I have to detail everything for some people

Errr...you kinda skipped the whole image he posted didnt you, showing the arm with the "incredibly detailed furr" gripping the doorhandle...nothing about that says "blocky" to me. That or I'm missing my humor and or sarcasm today *starts looking around for both*.

It's the blocky hands and face, it has nothing to do with the fur. I just said that Rare looks like its trying to capture the blocky features from the N64. I guess I can't say "low polygon look" when I meant the character's curves.

[quote name='maddfrog']It's the blocky hands and face, it has nothing to do with the fur. I just said that Rare looks like its trying to capture the blocky features from the N64. I guess I can't say "low polygon look" when I meant the character's curves.[/quote]

That makes more sense, I thought you were trying to say the graphics suck.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That makes more sense, I thought you were trying to say the graphics suck.[/quote]

No, I think he's just saying the character designs suck ass (which they do). They look horribly unappealing.

(Yes, I'm buying it).

Small update on the game:

At X06 in Barcelona last year, Microsoft showed the first teaser for Rare's next Xbox 360 project - the latest instalment in the Banjo Kazooie series. As you'd expect from such a well-loved franchise, it's the sort of announcement that has dedicated gamers foaming at the mouth; and it's not just the loyal fans who are excited, either.
"The team that are doing it are the guys that did the original Banjo Kazooie, so they're probably more passionate about it than the kids that have bought the game," observes Schuneman.
"[Creative director] Gregg Mayles had the same position on the original Banjo-Kazooie, he did it on Banjo-Tooie, and now he's doing it again on the new Banjo title. He's passionate to maintain the Banjo vibe and what it was all about, but also to bring in something entirely new, which is going to be interesting. There are elements that are going to be very different; I don't think people are going to expect it."
According to Schuneman, "We've got a lot of work to do on getting the new ideas that the team have come up with to be right and playable and fun. And the team is making good progress with that. There's other stuff that we're doing too and when we're ready to talk about it, we'll talk."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23809

I hope they don't screw this up. I LOVE the first Banjo game (it's better than Mario 64 in every aspect except character design) but the second one got boring fast.

I want this game soooooo bad. I mainly chose to keep my 360 for CoD3, Lost Planet, couple racing games, GRAW, and especially the online....but the fact that Microsoft had Rare AND Banjo Kazooie coming out was equally important as all that combined for me....I agree that Banjo doesn't look quite as good though, but I think they'll fix it.

I never BOUGHT banjo kazooie or tooie and it was a long time since I played it, but I remember getting quite far and stuck on a part as a kid. Either way, it was right up there with Mario 64 and DK64 for me as my favorite platformers. I rented Banjo kazooie a couple times and tooie once I think as well.

DK64 was my favorite at the time though :p The disappearance good, CLEAN, conker games or games with him in it, banjo platformers, and any donkey kong platformer or sidescroller or EVEN the racer I wanted made last gen quite boring...

hmmm strange had an update on this 3 weeks ago.

Not much is known for the latest installment to the Banjo Kazooie franchise. However, a recent interview with Gregg Mayles may give us an idea of something to expect from Banjo Kazooie 3 (also known as Banjo-Threeie).

Mayles is the Creative Director for the Banjo Kazooie franchise and was recently interviewed by the Rare Witch Project and his answer to one question sparked up some talk and theories on the new hub world of Threeie.

The hub worlds of Banjo Kazooie act as the bridge between the different worlds of the game. In the first game, it was Gruntilda's Lair and in Banjo Tooie it was Isle O'Hags. According to Mayle, the third Banjo hub world will be called "Conflagration Violent."

Dear Lord, this thread is old and unupdated.

When more info starts pouring in, someone else make an official thread for this and keep it updated. I'm very excited about this game, if they don't manage to fuck it up.

Rare is the friend you love to hang out with but is always canceling your plans together.

Banjo-Kazooie was one of my most-played games as a child. It would be nice to see a good third installment.

I am a huge huge Banjo Kazooie fan.

That game helped me through some tough times when I played it pretty much exclusively while I recovered from a back surgery.

The dynamic offered by pairing a goofy bear with a foul mouthed bird I've found to be unmatched by any other pairing in video game history. The game was soooo creative with worlds as different as click clock wood and rusty bucket bay. Plus, being able to transform into mumbo, a pumpkin, a bee, an alligator (I could go on and an and on) was really really cool.

Tooie, I only got to the Ice/fire mountain because I got stuck in Grunty Industries.

I have the game for gameboy advanced but havent played it yet.

Either way it can be said that I am a huge fan of the games and it was definitely one of the persuasive reason I purchased a 360. As such, I feel it is incumbent upon me to point out that MANY videogames can be called fetch-quests, one of which one game of the year from IGN this year.

When they release Banjo-Threeie, they need to release the first two games on XBL, modified to incorporate Stop'n'Swap. I WANT THAT fuckING ICE KEY.

WTF is Stop and Swap???

I played both Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie and have never ever heard of this stop n swap business.

[quote name='pittpizza']WTF is Stop and Swap???

I played both Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie and have never ever heard of this stop n swap business.[/quote]

Stop 'N' Swop is a hidden feature in Banjo-Kazooie. Most evidence suggests that the feature was never fully implemented due to the Nintendo 64 revisions completed in 1999 that kept the feature from being practical. The feature was widely publicized through a column published by Nintendo Power.[2]
Rare announced that special areas and items in the game could only be reached by completing certain tasks in its sequel, Banjo-Tooie. It was later discovered that Banjo-Kazooie contains seven special items which can be accessed using in-game cheat codes[3] or by using a cheat cartridge. These items would then be viewable in a menu entitled "Stop 'N' Swop".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo-Kazooie_(series)

Not sure exactly how it worked or if it even worked. I rememeber the fucking ice key at the end of the game but I never got it :bomb:

Ice key at the end of Tooie? That game I didn't finish (still one of my biggest vid game regrets ever).

Either way it seems that even if you did play/beat both and did everything necessary you still couldn't take advantage of SnS b/c it was never implemented. Wierd.

Any news yet on when we can expect Three?

[quote name='dastly75']I loved Banjo Kazooie to death. Yes I want that damn Ice Key as well. I could never really get into Banjo Tooie though.[/QUOTE]

Oh man. That damn Ice Key was the greatest mystery of my childhood.

I still have no idea WTF the ice key is or what it does or how its used. Does it have somethign to do with that level in the beach/pirate world where you can enter cheat codes into the floor? I think I got special eggs or something there...Now i remember, I increased how many I could carry by puttin something in there.

[quote name='rabbitt']Oh man. That damn Ice Key was the greatest mystery of my childhood.[/quote]

Same here. Things like that seemed so much more amazing as a kid...

The Ice Key was in Banjo-Kazooie. In Banjo-Tooie, you could presumably use a set of "teleports" in Grunty's Lair (still there) to go to Banjo-Kazooie and grab the Ice Key, which somehow unlocked a special move in Banjo-Tooie. But they took the whole Stop'n'Swap thing out of Banjo-Tooie, and you instead unlock the special move through some other roundabout optional quest.

I could never understand why they didn't just use a memory card.

[quote name='pittpizza']Hmm...weird.

Any info about a release date?[/quote]

Its been Revealed!!

The release date is this Holiday season!!

http://mundorare.com/news/2008/02/banjo-kazooie-3-release-window-set-on-holidays/

last week at the DICE gaming summit Microsoft’s Shane Kim was asked about the game by a MTV journalist, he couldn’t resist to express how “super-excited” is “about what Rare is doing with Banjo and gave what seems to be a tentative release date. Banjo is going to be a big hit for us this holiday,” he declared.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I liked banjo-Kazooie, and the only reason I bought Banjo-Tooie was because of those motherfucking mysterious items....mainly that Ice key that was unreachable in the first game except by glitch or cheat device. wtf were up with thos items?[/quote]

Yeah I remember all of the hoopla over the mystery items. Didn't Nintendo and Rare promise some sort of interactivity between the first and second game? I played and loved the first game but got hooked on the PS1 before I ever checked out the second game.

Wow, I'm definitely gonna give this game a try. Is there a release date out yet? I loved the N64 Games, hopefully this is just as good.

bread's done
Back