Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Danimal']I'd guess it's either the first one or the fourth one. Leaning more towards #4.

At least they didn't throw out an April Fools Day fake release date.[/QUOTE]

I say the 4th

Heh, I've never actually played through a whole entire Banjo game, but from what I can guess, I would say the top three possibilities are three, four, and two. Reasoning:
Rumour One- I don't want to see Gruntilda "sexy"
Rumour Two- Not completely impossible, but it should take place with Spiral Mountain in reach like the other games, and it seems like a complete idea taken from Super Mario Galaxy.
Rumour Three- The whole "relearning" thing is convincing. The only thing I don't see happening is the machine being called "T.I.T." for obvious reasons.
Rumour Four- Not entirely crazy, but when did Banjo go into retirement?
Rumour Five- RTS is not happening.

Ya I also thought two, three, or four. Initially I thought only two was at all possible since the others had obvious downsides, but then I read that they were only partially true. So...now I'm actually leaning more towards three or four since this "galaxy" thing seems unlikely.

based on the screens I'm gonna have to go with these two as the plot

Rumour Two: Kazooie is abducted by aliens and Banjo heads out to search the cosmos.
Partway through his low-gravity exploits, he discovers who's taken her... and it's a familiar face from the Rare archives who has been 'turned to the green side' by Grunty.

Rumour Three: Banjo and Kazooie travel back through time in pursuit of the witch's giant T.I.T.
Grunty drives her Time Interfering Truck back to before the bear and bird met. The duo must reintroduce themselves and relearn everything they know in a completely new way!

Those screens are great but I'm not optimistic that this is going to be any good based on Rare's track record and the fact that only one game in the series is truly great.

I literally just squealed like a school girl. BK is easily one of my favorite games ever, and BT wasn't half bad itself. These screens look great, and May 13 can't come soon enough.

I haven't played either of the Banjo games, but I really like the art style of those screens. I can't wait to see more on Tuesday.

Hopefully the first two Banjo games will come out on the XBLA or VC.

Theres more screens out now over on the Team Xbox forums. I would post them here, but I'm on my iPhone.

And it looks like there is vehicles. This better be a platformer and not a racer. I've been waiting too long for this to be a racer.

just read gaf and theres a crapload of banjo and viva pinata screens leaked :drool:

i_467431-1.jpg

i_467430-1.jpg

i_467432-1.jpg

i_467425.jpg

i_467424.jpg

i_467438.jpg

i_467436.jpg

i_467437.jpg

i_467435.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What's with all of the vehicles...is this a kart racing game?

EDIT: Unless the vehicles are part of an online theme :whistle2:k[/quote]

Grand Theft Kazooie?

Could be the whole theme of one of the plots introduced during April Fools. Looks like some of the game takes place in some sort of floating city (Abducted By Aliens plot?)

Very nice.
Even though Rare makes Nintendo'ish games, I'm happy they are with Microsoft because these games just LOOK so fuckin awesome on a 360. Kameo is still one of the prettiest (yes, prettiest) games to date IMO.

All the vehicles could lead credence to the rumor that the game will use the rumored motion controller for 360.

Anyone else getting a HUGE gummi ship (Kingdom Hearts) feel from those vehicles? I would definitely wager that you find or buy parts, and can build the vehicles to a limited degree. They definitely look patchwork enough to do it.

I'm just hoping they don't GTA/Jak II/III it by making the vehicles overly necessary (though Jak III's toning down of vehicles made it much better than Jak II, I still say Jak and Daxter is the best in that series)

This screen makes it look so epic:

tasi81vq3.jpg

I love the idea of bigger worlds to explore, vehicles or no.

I can't wait. I'll buy this day one.

Ah finally some good news:
[quote name='Rare']"We haven't revealed the gameplay mechanic yet," George Kelion, Rare community manager, told us. "It's not a racing game, and people are honestly better off waiting until tomorrow when we are going to be talking about it extensively before drawing their own conclusions.
"The honest truth is that people don't know the half of it yet. The game is not just a graphical showcase."
[/QUOTE]
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=139261

When looking at the new screens, I was thinking that the "rumour" of them having to remeet would be true, because of the lack of Kazooie, but she is in the later shots. I hope that the vechiles aren't TOO necessary :( Still can't wait though :)

WOW(no I dont mean World of Worldcraft) those screens look realllllly Good, The other guy is correct that tight rope picture makes this game seem EPIC and HUGE

Very glad it's not a racing game. But, those pics are vehicle heavy. Not sure I'm crazy 'bout that. Just gotta be patient. Tomorrow is so close it's.....uh...tomorrow?

damn even more info from GI issue and Gaf:applause:

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (360)
- RARE says they didn't want to make a hi res version of the old Banjo platformer.
- You create vehicles with parts you find around the levels.
- GI says their first vehicles was a 4 wheeled kart with a spring attached to the bottom that allowed them to jump things. They later found a helicopter blade that allowed their kart to fly. Later they added balloons to the vehicle and put the blade on the back and created a hovercraft.
- RARE showed them a vehicle that was a monster truck that was able to detach its chasis to become a mini bike. When the bike ramped off a cliff it revealed collapsible glider wings and started flying.
- There will be 1,600 parts including weapons that you'll be able to attach to the vehicles.
- The town is called Showdown Town.
- GI says that despite the large focus on vehicles it still features platform elements from the previous games like traditional platforming, tight rope walking and jiggy piece collecting.
- Showdown Town is 16 times larger than anything RARE has created before.
- Every level has a different intro. Nutty Acres begins with a credits spoof of 80's soap opera's like Dallas.
- Note collecting is back and will act has currency that'll allow you to bu vehicle blueprints.
- RARE says there are 15 different challenges spread across 6 different levels. There will also be side missions.

Banjo:
- Building vehicles is basically like playing with LEGO. You can always jump in and out of the vehicle editor and come right back to the game with the new design.
- Parts are easily placed and moved around. You don't have to worry about connecting the motor with the wheels for example. Just place everything so they stick together and don't get in the way.
- Vehicle designs can play a large role in missions. We saw one where you had to collect coconuts from a field and got a small truck that could suck them up. Unfortunately you couldn't fit all the coconuts in the truck and had to back and deliver them in a large barrel. We were then shown how you could create a helicopter with a hook, that could pick up this large barrel, fly to the coconut field and fly low to scoop the coconuts in the barrel.
- Physics are awesome in this game and everywhere! With one design I placed the foot-in-a-box weapon behind a propella, and when I tried to use it, the foot/boot couldn't get past the propella... well, until I used it enough times to actually kick the propella off the vehicle!
- Pixel art... imagine the possibilities (Rare already had an example of this, paying homage to a certain plumber)
- Multiplayer is great fun with the ability to either chose from pre-fabricated or own vehicle designs. It still needs some polish here and there, but showed great promise.

[quote name='pop311']i agree. I like how the game is changing, just less vehicals please. Also, KI3 was announced with screens.[/QUOTE]

Not officially though

At least not yet

[quote name='rabbitt']I loved the first Banjo, and so I will be watching this one closely. I'm a little scared what the final project will play like, because as of late, Rare has been dogshit.[/quote]Correct.

- There will be 1,600 parts including weapons that you'll be able to attach to the vehicles.
This makes me think that the vehicles are going to be a huge part of the game. Hopefully it's fun to use them.

- GI says that despite the large focus on vehicles it still features platform elements from the previous games like traditional platforming, tight rope walking and jiggy piece collecting.
This part is much more encouraging to me.

I had fun with the original one. Didn't really get into #2.

At the time, I thought the first was great. But, I'm not really up for fetch-quests these days. (Though that doesn't sound like what they're going for this time.)

Am I the only one that thinks those characters models look bad? The areas look great...but I do not like how they made those characters.

[quote name='Rig']I had fun with the original one. Didn't really get into #2.

At the time, I thought the first was great. But, I'm not really up for fetch-quests these days. (Though that doesn't sound like what they're going for this time.)

Am I the only one that thinks those characters models look bad? The areas look great...but I do not like how they made those characters.[/QUOTE]

I agree on all three points/opinions. Unless this is essentially considered the universal game of the year I'll be passing on Banjo 3.

New info taken from GameInformer magazine, which was copied by NeoGaf:
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (360)
- RARE says they didn't want to make a hi res version of the old Banjo platformer.
- You create vehicles with parts you find around the levels.
- GI says their first vehicles was a 4 wheeled kart with a spring attached to the bottom that allowed them to jump things. They later found a helicopter blade that allowed their kart to fly. Later they added balloons to the vehicle and put the blade on the back and created a hovercraft.
- RARE showed them a vehicle that was a monster truck that was able to detach its chasis to become a mini bike. When the bike ramped off a cliff it revealed collapsible glider wings and started flying.
- The town is called Showdown Town.
- Showdown Town is 16 times larger than anything RARE has created before.
- Every level has a different intro. Nutty Acres begins with a credits spoof of 80's soap opera's like Dallas.
- Note collecting is back and will act has currency that'll allow you to bu vehicle blueprints.
- RARE says there are 15 different challenges spread across 6 different levels. There will also be side missions.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11140948&postcount=1

The new info doesn't sound appealing to me... I'll reserve judgment until I see it in action and find out more though. Also, 16 times the size of say DK64 doesn't sound fun - it sounds completely out of control. Bigger is not better.

bread's done
Back