Battlefield 3 - Armored Kill out now

[quote name='dejeckt']Kinda walked into that one, unfortunately none of em plays bf3 TT[/QUOTE]

If you are in the US, add me and I might be able to find time to play co-op.

Is there a gaming night for this? I would try to get back into the mix if we had group playing this game.

I gots a mic and a kick ass mouse!

Wow, armored kill seems right up my alley but after playing PS2, it's hard to say which is better. Persistent world vs sandbox, hmmm. . .

Oh wait, right before Borderlands 2 lol. They constantly manage to fuck up release windows with me, sigh.

Armored Kill looks pretty great. Alborz Mountain in particular looks like it might have more of a BF2/2142 design... a lot of variety and more distance (hopefully?) between flags.

In case you haven't seen it, here are the patch notes for tomorrow's update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Premium game today(from newegg sale) and am cominf from BF3 on PS3, I have a few questions:

1.)Is the browser based MP interface the only option? I thought the console UI would be great with a mouse, so I'm a bit disappointed it launches a browser

2.)The premium box set comes with the expansions and the head start kit, I have seen a few problems: My first match, I HAD ZERO of the items available, even though I had done all the loadouts in the brower and clicked apply, when I joined a game every class had the default loadout. I gave it a match and closed the game and reopened, and now I have....MOST of the Head start unloocks. I can get the Stinger, but I still cant get the SA-18 ILGA missle launcher.

3.) it seems every time I load the game after 5 minutes of closing it Origin says my local and cloud saves are out of Sync. In the broswer interface it has an emblem in the topish right, a cloud to pc looking thing, is that supposed to do anything? I can't click it or anything

[quote name='6er']Got the Premium game today(from newegg sale) and am cominf from BF3 on PS3, I have a few questions:

1.)Is the browser based MP interface the only option? I thought the console UI would be great with a mouse, so I'm a bit disappointed it launches a browser

2.)The premium box set comes with the expansions and the head start kit, I have seen a few problems: My first match, I HAD ZERO of the items available, even though I had done all the loadouts in the brower and clicked apply, when I joined a game every class had the default loadout. I gave it a match and closed the game and reopened, and now I have....MOST of the Head start unloocks. I can get the Stinger, but I still cant get the SA-18 ILGA missle launcher.

3.) it seems every time I load the game after 5 minutes of closing it Origin says my local and cloud saves are out of Sync. In the broswer interface it has an emblem in the topish right, a cloud to pc looking thing, is that supposed to do anything? I can't click it or anything[/QUOTE]

1. The browser option is the only option as far as I know. It's a little weird at first but the sad truth is it's DICE's best server browser yet.

2. Is the IGLA the only thing you're missing? You probably already have it since it's actually the same as the Stinger, just for the Russian side.

[quote name='metaly']1. The browser option is the only option as far as I know. It's a little weird at first but the sad truth is it's DICE's best server browser yet.

2. Is the IGLA the only thing you're missing? You probably already have it since it's actually the same as the Stinger, just for the Russian side.[/QUOTE]

K, I figured out how to get my stuff, it HAS to be a glitch though. You have to do the loadout before the game starts. You have to click apply.mutiple times. In the next match the items you selected will be available, along with in game unlocks, but NONE of the other items from the head start pack is available. Only way to get them is in the match after that, if you re do the browser loadout again before the next match starts.

When do y'all think another sale will be up for the base version of BF3? & do y'all think the Premium Edition will go down sooner rather than later? I passed on the origin sale of $20 which I'm sorta regretting now since I love BF.

[quote name='6er']K, I figured out how to get my stuff, it HAS to be a glitch though. You have to do the loadout before the game starts. You have to click apply.mutiple times. In the next match the items you selected will be available, along with in game unlocks, but NONE of the other items from the head start pack is available. Only way to get them is in the match after that, if you re do the browser loadout again before the next match starts.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would just set up my loadouts in-game and not stress out about it. Battlelog loadouts are brand new and DICE is notorious for releasing stuff that ends up being broken for months. Also this depends on your play style, but I find setting them up beforehand isn't too useful anyway since I almost always end up changing them as soon as I figure out what mode/map I'm doing.

[quote name='MC Kage']When do y'all think another sale will be up for the base version of BF3? & do y'all think the Premium Edition will go down sooner rather than later? I passed on the origin sale of $20 which I'm sorta regretting now since I love BF.[/QUOTE]

There might be some holiday sales on both versions, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a significant discount on Premium. $60 for the Premium Edition is such a good deal, though. The DLC alone will end up costing $75, and Back to Karkand and Armored Kill are both fantastic. (Close Quarters is decent, but it's a pretty different style of game.)

[quote name='metaly']Personally, I would just set up my loadouts in-game and not stress out about it. Battlelog loadouts are brand new and DICE is notorious for releasing stuff that ends up being broken for months. Also this depends on your play style, but I find setting them up beforehand isn't too useful anyway since I almost always end up changing them as soon as I figure out what mode/map I'm doing.
[/QUOTE]

What I was saying was the only way to access all my unlocked stuff is IN battlog loadouts. I would rather do it in game, trust me, but there isnt a choice

[quote name='metaly']There might be some holiday sales on both versions, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a significant discount on Premium. $60 for the Premium Edition is such a good deal, though. The DLC alone will end up costing $75, and Back to Karkand and Armored Kill are both fantastic. (Close Quarters is decent, but it's a pretty different style of game.)[/QUOTE]
Thanks for replying.

I definitely realize that the Premium Edition is a good deal, but I'm just not ready to pay the price of a full new game with all these deals on the way. I'm hoping the base game drops and then I could just get the Premium add-on down the line or something, the sale for $37 is a good indicator it will drop again. What are your thoughts on the longevity of BF3 as well? I hear all these rumors about BF4 & BFBC3 and its only been out a year. I just don't want to get it and then it completely dies down.

Stay patient, I picked up a copy of the base game 2 weeks ago for $16 and Back to Karkand the week after for 7.50. As for its longevity: I still log into BFBC2 from time to time and never have problem finding a full server to play on. I assume BF3 will maintain the same level of activity as well.

If you do see it on sale, get it! I've already sunk 40 hours into it, super fun.

[quote name='Bob A. Booey']Stay patient, I picked up a copy of the base game 2 weeks ago for $16 and Back to Karkand the week after for 7.50. As for its longevity: I still log into BFBC2 from time to time and never have problem finding a full server to play on. I assume BF3 will maintain the same level of activity as well.

If you do see it on sale, get it! I've already sunk 40 hours into it, super fun.[/QUOTE]

Word, I used to have a 360 and BFBC2 was great and still is pretty active when I play at a friend's. But yeah, sounds good, I'm probably gonna hold out and see if it can go down to around $15. How did you get it for $16 if you don't mind? Someone on Craigslist is actually selling a brand new boxed copy for $25 so I was thinkin' about picking that up.

I picked up the game for $10 last night and installed it. Looks way better on the PC and plays much better too.

I'm pretty smashed this weekend with schoolwork, but maybe sometime next week / next weekend we can get a few guys together for some multiplayer.

Edit: Just applied to join the Cheapassgamer platoon.

[quote name='Swift900']I picked up the game for $10 last night and installed it. Looks way better on the PC and plays much better too.

I'm pretty smashed this weekend with schoolwork, but maybe sometime next week / next weekend we can get a few guys together for some multiplayer.

Edit: Just applied to join the Cheapassgamer platoon.[/QUOTE]

Same here...but my self-control is limited lol.

I'm having some issues with the game is anyone can help me out. After about 30mins of gameplay, sometimes less, BF3 just freezes and gives me "Bf3.exe has stopped working" and then I have to restart all over again. I've tried 4-5 solutions I found on Google but nothings worked. If anyone's had this problem and has found a solution, let me know.

[quote name='MC Kage']Same here...but my self-control is limited lol.

I'm having some issues with the game is anyone can help me out. After about 30mins of gameplay, sometimes less, BF3 just freezes and gives me "Bf3.exe has stopped working" and then I have to restart all over again. I've tried 4-5 solutions I found on Google but nothings worked. If anyone's had this problem and has found a solution, let me know.[/QUOTE]

interesting, i thought i was the only who suffered from those random freezes.

[quote name='Scouter']interesting, i thought i was the only who suffered from those random freezes.[/QUOTE]

Ikr, if you search on Google its a huge problem. EA bastards! Is your issue pretty much the same as mine?

Gonna try uninstalling then installing again. I want to play for more than 1hr sometimes lol. frustrating...

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']this game takes forever to load into a match on pc... my only complaint that i have (other then the starting guns suck XD )[/QUOTE]

How new is your PC?

I ran BF3 off my HDD and it took around 2 minutes from the Battlelog screen to gameplay. Now on my SSD it takes well under a minute to load into the game from the browser.

The BF3 Premium price @ $50 is really getting to me. I would totally buy it, but I already bought the game at launch for its full price and now everyone can buy the game plus DLC for cheaper than what I paid? I guess that is what I get for buying day one.

[quote name='MC Kage']Ikr, if you search on Google its a huge problem. EA bastards! Is your issue pretty much the same as mine?

Gonna try uninstalling then installing again. I want to play for more than 1hr sometimes lol. frustrating...[/QUOTE]

from what i read it seems like the exact same problem. it sucks when you're on the winning team and your game freezes. not only do you get stuck on the losing side when you connect there will probably be a queue to get in the server. -.-

[quote name='MC Kage']Same here...but my self-control is limited lol.

I'm having some issues with the game is anyone can help me out. After about 30mins of gameplay, sometimes less, BF3 just freezes and gives me "Bf3.exe has stopped working" and then I have to restart all over again. I've tried 4-5 solutions I found on Google but nothings worked. If anyone's had this problem and has found a solution, let me know.[/QUOTE]
do you have an nvidia card by any chance? the new 306.23 drivers were causing it to crash for me and a ton of other people. if you do have this driver installed, just do a driver rollback and it should be fixed.

[quote name='Scouter']from what i read it seems like the exact same problem. it sucks when you're on the winning team and your game freezes. not only do you get stuck on the losing side when you connect there will probably be a queue to get in the server. -.-[/QUOTE]

At least someone shares my pain. Same exact shit. Worst when the game is good and your doing really in K/D, or if its a map you like.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']do you have an nvidia card by any chance? the new 306.23 drivers were causing it to crash for me and a ton of other people. if you do have this driver installed, just do a driver rollback and it should be fixed.[/QUOTE]

Yup I've heard about that too, sucks cuz I did the update before I bought it so its a let down to upgrade drivers and then find out its faulty for the game you want to play lol. That's probably going to be my last resort option.

So far I've done the following
-Repair Install
-Delete TM (trademark) from install folder and registry
-Disabled Cloud Sync then delete the BF3 folder in "Documents" (helped, actually)
-Disable Origin in-game
-Disable Anti-Virus & added Punkbuster/BF3 to Firewall Exclusions
-Re-Install Punkbuster

Today I just:
-Re-installed BF3 completely
-Update Punkbuster

So I'll see how this goes...if I still have the problem I'm rolling my nVidia driver back.

edit: wow...now the game won't even start up at all
facedesk.gif

Motherfuckers.

For players who are getting the message that "BF3 stopped working", we are aware of the issue and are working on fixes. We will update our channels as soon as we have more information

[quote name='j-cart']How new is your PC?

I ran BF3 off my HDD and it took around 2 minutes from the Battlelog screen to gameplay. Now on my SSD it takes well under a minute to load into the game from the browser.

The BF3 Premium price @ $50 is really getting to me. I would totally buy it, but I already bought the game at launch for its full price and now everyone can buy the game plus DLC for cheaper than what I paid? I guess that is what I get for buying day one.[/QUOTE]

built it about a month ago (or so)
i5 ivy, 8gb ram, 7870 hawk
i think its just slow because i dont have a ssd

DICE said that updating PunkBuster would solve the problem but it does not. The nVidia 306.23 drivers are still causing it to crash. I and many others thinking the crash would be fixed with a PB update updated our drivers again only to find it still crashes (crashed in the middle of a really good match for me). If you guys are waiting for a a full fix, it might be a while. In the mean time roll back your drivers so you can play. For those who don't know how to do it: Device Manager > Display Adapters > Right Click nVidia Card > Properties > Driver > Roll Back

Bit on the 10 dollar deal. Haven't played Battlefield online since the Battlefield 2 days. Still miss the DEv server on Desert Combat. How active is our platoon on BF3?

For those that are just picking this up from the recent sales like myself. feel free to add me paz9x on origin and steam.

None of my friends are playing this at all and itd be nice to pair up at the least.

[quote name='paz9x']For those that are just picking this up from the recent sales like myself. feel free to add me paz9x on origin and steam.

None of my friends are playing this at all and itd be nice to pair up at the least.[/QUOTE]

Added

[quote name='SpeedyG']Bit on the 10 dollar deal. Haven't played Battlefield online since the Battlefield 2 days. Still miss the DEv server on Desert Combat. How active is our platoon on BF3?[/QUOTE]
I run one of the PC CAG platoons as well. Apply and I will add you right away. I have not had a lot of time to play lately due to school starting back up (I teach).

[quote name='paulcalypse']I run one of the PC CAG platoons as well. Apply and I will add you right away. I have not had a lot of time to play lately due to school starting back up (I teach).[/QUOTE]

which platoon?

[quote name='paz9x']which platoon?[/QUOTE]

The one with the star logo. On PC.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391473487710/

Well I requested to join, played my first game but I got disconnected because my internet at school sucks. I think I'm going home so I'll get to play for a while this weekend.

We should get a CAG night together, or at least a couple of people for a squad. I've been playing and it kind of sucks with randoms, at least in comparison to having a squad and working together.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']We should get a CAG night together, or at least a couple of people for a squad. I've been playing and it kind of sucks with randoms, at least in comparison to having a squad and working together.[/QUOTE]

im up for that. Ill be out of town all week, without the gaming pc, but maybe next weekend for me.

[quote name='paz9x']im up for that. Ill be out of town all week, without the gaming pc, but maybe next weekend for me.[/QUOTE]

i would be interested also!

[quote name='6er']So have they fixed whatever that nVidia issue was?[/QUOTE]

Yeah after the last nVidia update its been running real smooth for me.

I'd be down for game night, but I suck at this one.

bread's done
Back