Battlefield 3 - Armored Kill out now

Playing BF3 today I noticed two things. One I really wish DICE would add to the game.

When the round ends and you are waiting for the next map, why could not DICE just add what map is next, instead of me waiting 30 seconds to figure out it's a map I don't want to play.

Second this one baffles my mind. How can someone have 0% health? It happened twice, I had 0% health and when fighting someone he killed me with 0% health. Yeah... :lol:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Playing BF3 today I noticed two things. One I really wish DICE would add to the game.

When the round ends and you are waiting for the next map, why could not DICE just add what map is next, instead of me waiting 30 seconds to figure out it's a map I don't want to play.

Second this one baffles my mind. How can someone have 0% health? It happened twice, I had 0% health and when fighting someone he killed me with 0% health. Yeah... :lol:[/QUOTE]
I've done that, had a sliver of health left wondering how I'm still alive. The map thing really needs to be shown for sure. Although, you have to wait for it to save the round anyways. What I do hate having to do is alt-f4 after it saves because you can't access the menu. Rather close it out normally, but no way I'm going to wait the 15-20 seconds while it loads the next map if I don't want to play it.

How very interesting:
BF3 lead platform switched to consoles mid-development

After reading this thread for the past week, I'm really glad I didn't pick this up. Being blinded by everything, jets/choppers laying waste (and getting unneeded buffs), weapons getting unneeded nerfs (the SCAR) plus lag/connection issues aren't really encouraging me to change my mind.

Or are these things not as bad as I interpret them to be?

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']How very interesting:

After reading this thread for the past week, I'm really glad I didn't pick this up. Being blinded by everything, jets/choppers laying waste (and getting unneeded buffs), weapons getting unneeded nerfs (the SCAR) plus lag/connection issues aren't really encouraging me to change my mind.

Or are these things not as bad as I interpret them to be?[/QUOTE]

Eh, I think most of the stuff is minor. It's still a really fun game to play.

No, good pilots do rape and unless you actually have a team of good engineers they will never die. I was playing canals last night and could not destroy this one blackhawk with the AA tank because a guy sitting inside was just non-stop repairing. This is with two rockets hitting it and constant stream of rounds into it. It took another engineer shooting an IGLA at it to finally bring it down, so yeah why do they need buffs again?

SCAR is actually my favorite engineer weapon right now because it feels meaty enough to kill somebody close-range before they get me in a fair fight. Not sure why that needs nerfing unless we're supposed to get noobed easily.

Lag was an issue on some servers for whatever reason, even with really good pings so I'm not sure what the issue was. Playing last night I only had one server that I quit because my turret would keep warping back and I'd waste a shell because of it. Seems like this has for the most part cleared up.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']How very interesting:

Or are these things not as bad as I interpret them to be?[/QUOTE]

There are issues here and there, but nothing for me to go crazy about. The multiplayer is still extremely fun if it's what you're looking for.

I really wish they weren't going to nerf the SCAR... Like someone else said, it feels like I can't hit anything more than ~30-40 yards accurately and it's my favorite for the engineer so far.

[quote name='docvinh']Eh, I think most of the stuff is minor. It's still a really fun game to play.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I feel. My friends and I all bitch in Mumble about the game, but we all really enjoy it. It's just a bunch of small things that can be annoying at times.

[quote name='binici']I wish I could get better at this game. I just seem to suck, lol

If only I had no life and played non-top =p[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya on that, but I still really enjoy the game even if I suck. Every once in a while I'll get to wipe out a squad with my rocket launcher and feel good about myself.:)

[quote name='EA Customer Service']You are now ready to chat with Amit.
you: Hello
Amit: Thanks for choosing EA Help! My name is Amit how may I help you?
you: Nice, I'm having issues with joining a game
you: Getting an error with the game accessing the backend
Amit: May I know the serial code of your copy of the game?
you: read somewhere that it's a problem with entitlements
you: sure, one ces
you: sec*
you: XXXX
Amit: Please give me some time to retrieve your account in our database.
you: okay
Amit: I apologize for the delay, I'll be right with you.
you: It's not a problem at all
you: you are a breath of fresh air from the rep I got yesterday
you: A nightmare.
Amit: I am sorry it is taking more than what I expected so please give me some more time to investigate your issue.
you: Oksy
you: Okay*
Amit: Just another moment please.
you: No need to apologize or explain yourself, please take your time
Amit: Try now.
you: Okay
Amit: Just one moment please.
Amit: Just another moment please.
you: Works
you: Thank you so much
you: May I ask another question?
Amit: Yes.
you: How can I change the date of birth on my account?
you: Couldn't seem to find that, and the rep I got yesterday said that what I gave him didn't match the date of birth on my account
Amit: I apologize for the delay, I'll be right with you.
you: Not a problem
Amit: Never .
you: never?
you: lol
Amit: Thanks for contacting EA. I do appreciate your time and have a great day!
The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.[/QUOTE]

Lmfao...

[quote name='crystalklear64']If you've got a team smart enough to spot everything, mortars are so fucking strong.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, what possessed them to add ground mortars and remove recon mortar strikes is beyond me. It's a change for the worse IMO. Glint for snipers is also retarded. I haven't even bothered playing recon at all in this game because it's soooooooooooo easy to spot from a mile away. I feel bad for snipers that I drop a tank shell on again and again all because of that hugely bright glint. A bunch of unnecessary changes based on carebears who sucked at BC2. I might actually go back to it because right now the maps are starting to wear thin and I just had way more fun with BC2 than BF3.

Easy fix for the mortars...DONT MAKE THEM UNLIMITED! Seriously, whose bright idea was it to give the player unlimited mortars? So dumb.

[quote name='SEH']Easy fix for the mortars...DONT MAKE THEM UNLIMITED! Seriously, whose bright idea was it to give the player unlimited mortars? So dumb.[/QUOTE]
Well, to be fair it's a support weapon right? And they have the resupply box, sooooooooooooo. . .

[quote name='Jodou']Well, to be fair it's a support weapon right? And they have the resupply box, sooooooooooooo. . .[/QUOTE]

That is true, but even if they were to resupply themselves, have the mortar rounds refill as slow as regular hand grenades do.

[quote name='SEH']That is true, but even if they were to resupply themselves, have the mortar rounds refill as slow as regular hand grenades do.[/QUOTE]

Good idea.

Honestly I hope they don't nerf the SCAR-H into oblivion. I personally don't use it but it already only has a 20 round mag, slow rate of fire and the recoil seems a lot worse then all the other engi guns.

I just got a chance to play this some yesterday. Never even got a kill. In my last game all I did was crash when trying to fly. I have to say this runs better than Rage does on my PC. canyourunit.com says I need more RAM to run higher than the minimum. With the way it looked last night I'm good with running it at that if the default is the minimum.

OMFG look at Wake Island! 3 new vehicles and 10 new weapons? WTF, I've barely unlocked anything yet as it is lol. Oh and apparently there's a new mode called Conquest Assault that deals with assignments, but they're not talking about it yet. Very excite!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyN_Zjw4l-s

:drool: I was strangely excited to see those garbage FAVs with the gun you can only turn like 5 degrees.

I would love to see another expansion with more of the Chinese maps. Also Back to Sidi Power Plant. My wallet is open for that kind of thing.

Isn't Conquest Assault just Conquest without any uncaps?

Anyone know how to fix the origin error that says this?
"origin.exe - entry point not found the procedure entry point ??1critical_section@Concurrency@@QAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll"
Tried google and all I got was to install Microsoft Visuals C++ 2010. Tried that and it didn't work.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Anyone know how to fix the origin error that says this?
"origin.exe - entry point not found the procedure entry point ??1critical_section@Concurrency@@QAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll"
Tried google and all I got was to install Microsoft Visuals C++ 2010. Tried that and it didn't work.
[/QUOTE]

I think I got a similar error to that in the begin and had to reinstall Origin and here is another solution to check out: http://fix-all-dll-errors.com/msvcr100.dll/

Lol, and in other news DICE noticed that nobody is playing their shitty co-op so they're going to be nerfing the values required to unlock the exclusive MP guns from them. Unless they make it so I can unlock them after one full run, I still don't think I'll bother. I just want my G36, sigh.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, and in other news DICE noticed that nobody is playing their shitty co-op so they're going to be nerfing the values required to unlock the exclusive MP guns from them. Unless they make it so I can unlock them after one full run, I still don't think I'll bother. I just want my G36, sigh.[/QUOTE]

That sucks! I was planning on completing these... Someone join me and help!

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, and in other news DICE noticed that nobody is playing their shitty co-op so they're going to be nerfing the values required to unlock the exclusive MP guns from them. Unless they make it so I can unlock them after one full run, I still don't think I'll bother. I just want my G36, sigh.[/QUOTE]

Thank fucking christ. It took me 4-5 missions just to get the first pistol, that's a ridiculous amount of time you need to put in to get all of the goods. You should have 3-4 guns after the full run. This'll give me reason to power through the sniper mission that my partner keeps fucking up.

Yeah, my friend and I played co-op for easily three hours the one night, completing all but one mission multiple times. By the time we were done, all we had unlocked was the REX pistol. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

From what I understand, you can farm the last mission if you have a good partner by just gunning down infinite respawning bank robbers. You and your partner have to coordinate ammo runs to a resupply box though, but the video I saw looked fairly easy. If they bring it down to reasonable levels, I might try for this and get them unlocked super fast.

Ah, looks like torches are being nerfed from burning sun to still unrealistic. It makes sense on dark maps but in broad daylight tactical lights shouldn't even be a factor. It was seriously stupid how they could completely blind you before but at least you can make out where to aim now.

before.jpg

after.jpg

You know, I was just reading an article about the mortar spam issue and realized the real problem is the range they're allowed. I'm rarely able to find or kill a spammer because they're always sitting in their base just firing away. People say well just light the motherfucker up but this would require base raping quite frankly. More so it means we have to take the fight to them rather than the other way around. Rush is meant to be played by fiercely defending MCOMs and it comes as no surprise that I almost never see a support firing mortars on defense because they're vulnerable.

Maybe if more people started base raping, the decline in mortar noob spammers would be huge. So what needs to happen here is the range nerfed hard. Putting them in a position where they actually need to be near the fight would sure change their attitude fast methinks.

Anyone have a problem when playing in window mode your gun continuously fires? I am running crossfire. Let me know if anyone more info is needed.

[quote name='Jodou']You know, I was just reading an article about the mortar spam issue and realized the real problem is the range they're allowed. I'm rarely able to find or kill a spammer because they're always sitting in their base just firing away. People say well just light the motherfucker up but this would require base raping quite frankly. More so it means we have to take the fight to them rather than the other way around. Rush is meant to be played by fiercely defending MCOMs and it comes as no surprise that I almost never see a support firing mortars on defense because they're vulnerable.

Maybe if more people started base raping, the decline in mortar noob spammers would be huge. So what needs to happen here is the range nerfed hard. Putting them in a position where they actually need to be near the fight would sure change their attitude fast methinks.[/QUOTE]

They should make it that the further you fire away, the more inaccurate it gets. Any further than 150 meters and it should be a crapshoot, as well as take a fair amount of time to reach the target.

Personally, I've been killed by a mortar once in my entire career, as far as I can tell.

EDIT: References for the upcoming flashlight change:

MkPxR.jpg

Z3E6I.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF, I had posted those pictures and they magically disappeared.

Anyway, I've been killed by mortars a lot trying to repair vehicles. That would be a good change, but I'd still rather they be forced to actually participate in the fight rather than sitting in their base. Even with deviation, they could still spam for kills by firing in the direction of our base.

On another note, got my first server ban last night because the madmin saw I was 34 and 0 sitting in the AA tank lol. Their entire clan was raging me calling me useless when I was solo defending mcoms against the entire other team, but they'd keep getting it when there was less than 10 tickets. At the last base he decides to admin kill me and takes the tank, only to roll forward 10 feet and get blown up instantly LOL. We finally win it with the last mcom and I proceed to troll the fuck out of them on the next map. After talking a ton of trash they finally ban me. Don't bother playing on a server called Riot 24/7 Rush or something like that because they're a bunch of losers and crytits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the guns of Karkand:
FAMAS

HK53

PP19

QBZ95B

L85A2

QBB95

MG36

JACKHAMMER

TYPE88

L96

Pretty much nothing unexpected but I hate MP5 with a passion because it's such a spray 'n pray weapon. If they balance it with crazy recoil, then that won't be so bad.

Also, are the spec ops camo something everyone has or are those the SPECACT exclusive skins? Reason I ask is because if it's the latter, they just became super valuable vs IRNV scopes (these are confirmed by design). See below:

YBtaZh.jpg

The darkened areas are a result of the camo and would normally light up like a Christmas tree.

Looks to me like the UV textures aren't loading in properly, or weren't defined. Kind of a bad thing to overlook for a multi million dollar game, but I bet it'll be fixed soon.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Looks to me like the UV textures aren't loading in properly, or weren't defined. Kind of a bad thing to overlook for a multi million dollar game, but I bet it'll be fixed soon.[/QUOTE]
You missed my note of these being confirmed working as intended.

[quote name='Jodou']You missed my note of these being confirmed working as intended.[/QUOTE]

That I did. As much as I like BF3, I hate seeing this stupid unlock system giving clear advantages to higher levels. At least in Call of Duty, it's (mostly) just preference, not pure upgrades.

This thread has been at the back of my mind since I posted - just wanted to thank everyone for your input on the vid cards. I will definitely be taking your advice into account when I have the money to upgrade. I actually took a break from BF to play a little MW3, but I will be back tonight and fairly often in the next couple weeks.

Take it easy and thanks again.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Those camo skins unlock around rank 40. Can't remember exactly which rank.[/QUOTE]
Ah OK, I knew I didn't have them but thought maybe they had meant SPECACT instead. Nice, so the statpadding boosters get the clear advantage here. No matter really, I can farm kills in the AA tank all day long lol. Seriously, if I hadn't been noobed by a crybaby admin the other day my best kill streak would have been 39+.

fucking LOL at this: Kertz also mentioned that DICE is looking into the mobile AA vehicles. Currently, they prove to be extremely effective against jets and helis not because of their damage output, but because of their effects. Many fans find that these mobile AAs are too effective at knocking a jet’s or heli’s flight path off course, or making them too hard to control, causing them to crash easily.

As soon as I read AA tanks I thought they were doomed. Nope, apparently the most game-breaking aspect is making whatever they're shooting hard to control rofl.

In other news, MW3 has already been hacked and aimbots abound. Sucks for them!

I finally broke down and bought BF3 this weekend. I had wanted it the whole time, but I was trying to be good and not buy it because I know that I'm going to get sucked in to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I couldn't take it any more and finally caved. I'm hooked on BF3 now. Now I'm sitting at work counting down so I can play again tonight.

I want to keep playing BF3 too, but I just can't balance it with Skyrim. Every time I take a break from the game, soon as I sit down to play something else I always go back lol.

[quote name='Jodou']I want to keep playing BF3 too, but I just can't balance it with Skyrim. Every time I take a break from the game, soon as I sit down to play something else I always go back lol.[/QUOTE]

This right here. I play like 20 minutes of BF3 with one of my friends, then constantly find myself just going back to Skyrim. Also, Saints Row 3 comes out tonight. BF3 may have to be put on hold for a little while.

Any word on when this is/might be coming to Steam, whether they'll drop Origin at some point, and what deals for PC might be had on Black Friday?

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Any word on when this is/might be coming to Steam, whether they'll drop Origin at some point, and what deals for PC might be had on Black Friday?

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Probably not coming to steam

They wont drop origin because it is an EA title and Origin is EA's primary digital distributor

You know, had I been playing recon all this time I'd probably have figured this out on day fucking one. It's amazing to me how nobody at DICE ever dreamed of someone trying to do this and it's clear they never bring in true gamers to playtest. It's like they learned nothing from the whole UAV and C4 bombing issues in BC2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ipsuvOmeI

Well PS3 officially gets Karkand a week early. Sony sure does love to buy loyalty. Seems rare that devs remember their PC roots anymore. :\

[quote name='Jodou']Well PS3 officially gets Karkand a week early. Sony sure does love to buy loyalty. Seems rare that devs remember their PC roots anymore. :\[/QUOTE]

I'd find it hard to turn down a paycheck for doing literally zero work.

bread's done
Back