Battlefield 3 - Armored Kill out now

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'd find it hard to turn down a paycheck for doing literally zero work.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know. I'm disappointed that I just know they're going to let everyone else play it the same week TOR drops. I just know it.

Weird, these new assignments are kind of like achievements but with gun unlocks as a reward. Why not just add them to the unlocks on the stats page? Looks like if they nerf SCAR too hard, my new friend will be the MP5 sigh. Odd they're getting the L85, as I remember that being a medic gun in BF2. I bet they're not retroactive either so even though my engineer has probably more than completed the requirements, I'll get to do them again. -_-

Back_2D00_to_2D00_Karkand_2D00_Assignments.jpg

And holy hell, now I see why they want to nerf SCAR so badly; it's better than any assault gun and almost the best gun in the game:

Last edited by a moderator:
just picked the game up from the bf deals..

anyone having an issue where launching any more just gets stuck in initializing? seems to be known issue but i cant get the damn game started.

Don't you mean, Gulf of OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH-MAN! Seriously, reinventing these maps for BF3 was pure genius on their part. And Harrier jets?! My IGLA just got wood.

Any actual release date yet for the Back to Karkand maps? I've got some buddies coming to visit/LAN on the 16th of December for a week and I'd love to be able to play some of these maps while they're here.

[quote name='SEH']Any actual release date yet for the Back to Karkand maps? I've got some buddies coming to visit/LAN on the 16th of December for a week and I'd love to be able to play some of these maps while they're here.[/QUOTE]
It will be a week after PS3 if that helps. -_-

Sounds about right since the 15th is when SWTOR kicks off. As if I'm going to have any time to play BF3 then. -_-

On second thought, bring it on since I should expect server downtime lol.

Some Wake Island gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtS26Bmw4gc

Supposedly US starts with the carrier plus two spawns at the tips of the island, so no more boring stalemates where one team can't even get to shore. It's Conquest Assault so the Chinese Russians don't have an uncap. They're saying only three control points but hopefully the large version bumps it up to five.

Gonna have to unlock my G3 for old times' sake. :)

Here are all the Back to Karkand weapons with their attachments, courtesy of the PS3 patch. Not sure if this info came out before, but it appears to show which classes get which weapons:

• Assault: FAMAS, L85A2
  • Engineer: HK53, QBZ-95B
  • Support: MG36
  • Recon: QBU-88, L96
  • All: MK3A1, PP-19
People are saying the IRNV got a huge nerf as well, although I don't think it's mentioned in the patch notes.

As I'm sure everyone is surprised, Karkand is officially coming on the 13th. Just confirms what we already knew from the Asian PSN store leak.

Awesome, that's perfect timing for me. That'll give me a reason to jump back into BF3 as I havent touched it in awhile due to Skyrim, Arkham City, and a bunch of other games.

LMFAO, my first night back after 3 weeks and I go 50-1. My first death came seconds before we lost the map. Can you guess what I was using? I'll give you a hint:
Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.
Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.
Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.
Decreased the power of Miniguns against Jets and Helicopters.
I called this months ago and I'm VERY surprised it took this long. I guess SCAR was more of a game-breaker eh? DICELoL. . .

[quote name='metaly']On Noshahr, what a shocker.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that map is imba as fuck to begin with but as defender you can just rack up the kills all day long. I feel like I'm base raping by shooting the choppers before they even take off on the carrier, but it's so tempting lol. Only smart support with mortars or somebody in the duck give me trouble. Pretty silly TBH.

Played for a bit today, seems like everyone has the USAS-12 shotgun now. That shit is so fucking lame. It basically shoots grenades, and you can snipe with it.

[quote name='SEH']Played for a bit today, seems like everyone has the USAS-12 shotgun now. That shit is so fucking lame. It basically shoots grenades, and you can snipe with it.[/QUOTE]
It's already being addressed because the direct hits aren't supposed to be a one-shot. I'm just glad people can't noob with the M416 anymore; that gun was way too easy to get kills with. If my SCAR had the low recoil that thing had, then it would have been a monster.

On a side note, it seems the AA vs Inf buff was unintentional due to a Jet vs Inf change. Guess they use the same rounds heh. At any rate, farming with AA was starting to get old anyway. I was just pushing for 42 so I could get the spec ops camo and now they're going to nerf that some too. Sigh, just can't win.

Here's a list of all the B2K assignments and what weapons they unlock:
Best Friend Forever
  • 10 Revives
  • 10 Heals
Unlocks: FAMAS
Unlocks: Professional Russian
Professional Russian
  • 100 kills with Assault Rifles
  • 20 kills with Underslung Grenade Launcher
  • Win 5 rounds of SQDM
Unlocks: L85A2
Fixing it
  • 10 repairs
  • Kill 1 enemy with repair torch
Unlocks: HK53
Unlocks: It goes Boom!
It goes Boom!
  • 50 AT rocket kills
  • Destroy 1 enemy vehicle with repair torch
  • Win 5 rounds of Conquest
Unlocks: QBZ-95B
Let it rain
  • 20 kills with Light Machine Guns
  • 2 mortar kills
Unlocks: QBB-95
Unlocks: Keep your head down
Keep your head down
  • 100 kills with Light Machine Guns
  • 50 Suppression Assists
  • 50 Ammo Resupplies
Unlocks: MG36
Specops
  • 20 kills with Sniper Rifles
  • 5 Laser Designations
Unlocks: QBU-88
Unlocks: Creeping Death
Creeping Death
  • 50 Headshots
  • 50 Spot Assists
  • 5 Knife takedowns
Unlocks: L96
Familiar Territory
  • Arm 10 MCOMs
  • Capture 10 flags
  • Play 2 hours on Karkand
Unlocks: PP-19
Unlocks: Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran
  • 10 Kills with PP-19
  • 5 kills in DPC Jeep
  • 10 Kills in BTR-90 IFV
  • Play 2 hours on Sharqi
  • Play 2 hours on Gulf of Oman
Unlocks: MK3A1

Making me play Squad Deathmatch to get my L85 = :bomb:

OK, some of these are retarded. Forcing you to do things you normally wouldn't or don't naturally happen within five matches is going too far. 50 AT rocket kills? I barely have that with all my rockets combined. So what, DICE, am I supposed to sit near a supply guy and just spam fire rockets to get kills? That's fucking stupid.

And why the hell would I purposefully try to blow up a tank with a torch when more than likely I'll die trying or some asshole going for the 50 AT rockets will blow it up first. Looks like I'll be boosting just like everyone else to get these.

After not getting into the early access today for SWTOR I thought "hmmm, it's not so bad, Back to Karkand releases today for BF3, i'll play that!". Nope. Origin has been down all day for me and many others.

[quote name='steveinneed']After not getting into the early access today for SWTOR I thought "hmmm, it's not so bad, Back to Karkand releases today for BF3, i'll play that!". Nope. Origin has been down all day for me and many others.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's been down for me too. Shame. I guess that means back to Skyrim!

[quote name='Jodou']OK, some of these are retarded. Forcing you to do things you normally wouldn't or don't naturally happen within five matches is going too far. [/QUOTE]
i don't think you have to do them within 5 matches...
it says you just have to win 5 matches.

B2K maps are all amazing, but fuck do I hate playing this game when I have no friends online. I was just trying to do the first engineer assignment (10 repairs/one blow-torch kill), and it seriously had to be the hardest I've ever had to work to repair someones vehicle. I cant count how many times a tank was at 20% and the dumbfuck driver would just haul ass away from me while I was repairing it, only for him to get blown up immediately.

People need to either learn how to use teamwork or go back to being Rambo in COD.

[quote name='SEH']People need to either learn how to use teamwork or go back to being Rambo in COD.[/QUOTE]
I feel you mate, there are some dumbfuck tank commanders out there. Most just jack my tank after I hop out to repair. They pull that shit and I let them die, and they always do.

Finally started messing with attack helis and they're a lot of fun. Jets still take the cake for being OP when there's a good pilot though. I still want an eject button for when an idiot gets in the gunner seat over a clan member. Would be funny as hell seeing them get tossed out behind enemy lines lol.

man i wish i had a good clan or something to play with. this game seems easy if you have all the right people who know what to do. =(

instead i'll just try to fly the jet and die repeatedly because i don't have flares and i can't fly well anyway.

Yeah, they really need to fix the spawn points on flags. Annoying to spawn in front of the barrel of a tank or a rifle, when the other side of the point is completely clear.

Is anyone still playing Bad Company 2 or Vietnam? I own BF3 and really like it, but I still think there is fun to be had in BC2, and I never bought Vietnam and wondered if it was worth picking up for $7.49 right now.

Thanks!

P.S. Add me on Origin/BF3 as: FKSSR
Or Steam as: FakeKisser

Finally bought on PC after finding a Limited Edition on the cheap. Anyone here still playing? Applied to both platoons. FYI, I'm terrible, but I have a blast playing.

[quote name='usfjonathan']Finally bought on PC after finding a Limited Edition on the cheap. Anyone here still playing? Applied to both platoons. FYI, I'm terrible, but I have a blast playing.[/QUOTE]
I play almost every day. Looks like you applied to the platoon I created, and I added you.

Just a general question. How is the game on the PC? I have seen that EA sells it right now for 50% off (ingame add) but its not 50% off in the store. (?)
anyway, i am thinking off getting it but just don't know if its worth it.
I liked BC2 a lot and played BF2 a lot.
On the Xbox the beta was not really playable and so i skipped it.

[quote name='yester']Just a general question. How is the game on the PC? I have seen that EA sells it right now for 50% off (ingame add) but its not 50% off in the store. (?)
anyway, i am thinking off getting it but just don't know if its worth it.
I liked BC2 a lot and played BF2 a lot.
On the Xbox the beta was not really playable and so i skipped it.[/QUOTE]

It's fantastic, but some people complain about bugs. I'd say it gets better as DICE releases more patches.

I'd say you should get the game on sale and then purchase premium later down the road once you get bored of the maps.

Sounds good. I think i will get it then although i may get it over Amazon. Have a giftcard for that.
At least the price seemed to be the same.

I tried Arma last time but it was so realistic that it wasn't that much fun to play.
Thats what i likes about BC2. It was fun to play and i hope the same with BF3. The only thing i disliked was the loss of the commander like in BF2.

Wow...this thread exists. I'm going to apply for the platoon. CombatFlexo.

This game is a whole new game on the PC, I was an avid PS3 player and now my PS3 collects dust. I purchased premium and I'm really enjoying the close encounter maps.

[quote name='combatrhombus']Wow...this thread exists. I'm going to apply for the platoon. CombatFlexo.

This game is a whole new game on the PC, I was an avid PS3 player and now my PS3 collects dust. I purchased premium and I'm really enjoying the close encounter maps.[/QUOTE]
Just accepted you!

I use to be an avid ps3 player too (check sigs). I haven't played PC fps for awhile (when did CS source got released?); man do I suck. I can't seem to aim, kinda wish my mouse had a bit more weight.

Need to get better at bf3, also what are those box cutter knife thing? I thought you couldn't insta-kill with a knife from the front (well at least it was really difficult to do on the ps3).

So the co-op is pretty much dead? Would've like to gain some unlocks legitimately, but I guess I have to pay $6.00 to get them.

[quote name='dejeckt']So the co-op is pretty much dead? Would've like to gain some unlocks legitimately, but I guess I have to pay $6.00 to get them.[/QUOTE]

Or you could get some friends for free.

[quote name='SEH']Or you could get some friends for free.[/QUOTE]

Kinda walked into that one, unfortunately none of em plays bf3 TT

bread's done
Back