Battlefield 3 - Armored Kill out now

[quote name='Jodou']All I'm saying is the system we had before wasn't broke and now they're forcing a draconian system on us where no two soldiers can have the same name. All in the name of what exactly? How hard would it be to program a field that displays your soldier name in-game lol. It probably would have taken more or less the same time to allow us to change our Origin account name that should have been programmed from the start anyway. [/QUOTE]

...no two soldiers having the same name is draconian?

So you can unlock the game early, if you use a korean VPN and start the game in Origin. Servers are up, game runs quite well. Just played some mp, there are a number of servers up.

[quote name='bdb2m']So you can unlock the game early, if you use a korean VPN and start the game in Origin. Servers are up, game runs quite well. Just played some mp, there are a number of servers up.[/QUOTE]
Lol, the power of PC! Damn, if only a store would sell it early around here. . .

Yeah, for reference I have a 5870 and the game runs on Ultra in SP. In multiplayer I turned off a few things to keep the frame rate from dipping on the bigger maps. Optimized drivers should help, but I think they overstated their system requirements. It is by far the best looking game I have seen if you have everything turned on...

[quote name='bdb2m']Yeah, for reference I have a 5870 and the game runs on Ultra in SP. In multiplayer I turned off a few things to keep the frame rate from dipping on the bigger maps. Optimized drivers should help, but I think they overstated their system requirements. It is by far the best looking game I have seen if you have everything turned on...[/QUOTE]

I'm stoked, I got a 560 ti but was worried that I'd need a 570/80 to enjoy the SP at max. Multiplayer I obviously don't mind toning down though to keep it consistent.

My single 580 maxes the game at 1920x1200 in both SP and MP. So much for needing 580's in SLI to max the game.

Game looks absolutely gorgeous.

I have a crossfire 6870 setup with a Core2Quad @ 3.4Ghz. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. You guys add me if you want to play some co-op or multiplayer. I should be playing a lot. My Origin ID is jugsta42.

I'd really like to do that port forwarding thing but I'd just screw something up. I'll just wait until tomorrow night :(

There is no port forwarding. You just go to your internet options and set up a proxy. Takes like one minute.

First make sure Origin is closed:

(For windows 7)
Goto control panel>small icons>internet options>connections>lan settings> use a proxy server for ur lan> 210.107.100.251 port 8080> press ok

After you do that, run BF3 and it will verify. Once all the steps complete it will open the battlelog and all that crap. Close the Battlelog and Origin, go back to your internet settings and turn off the proxy, then launch Origin again and you're good to go.

This game is :drool:

Although my game started to just randomly not crash just get to a blank white screen yet I can move the cursor around. Probably a bug on EA's end but I am going to update my graphics drivers tonight since Nvidia just made new official ones (I refuse to download beta drivers).

I can't wait to install the drivers and play more of this tomorrow. This is awesome.

[quote name='jughead']I have a crossfire 6870 setup with a Core2Quad @ 3.4Ghz. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. You guys add me if you want to play some co-op or multiplayer. I should be playing a lot. My Origin ID is jugsta42.

I'd really like to do that port forwarding thing but I'd just screw something up. I'll just wait until tomorrow night :([/QUOTE]

Hey, I have a 6870 crossfire setup too! I added you, my name is soulvengeance, definitely looking to do some multiplayer, pretty much ran around getting killed in my first game.

[quote name='docvinh']Hey, I have a 6870 crossfire setup too! I added you, my name is soulvengeance, definitely looking to do some multiplayer, pretty much ran around getting killed in my first game.[/QUOTE]

Count another one for having a 6870 CF config!

Add me:
eg0npax (

How is this running compared to the beta? My PC ran the beta pretty well and I'm hoping that the release is a bit more optimized (that and I download the latest AMD preview drivers). I'll be running this on my Asus overclocked A6 laptop with a 6720 graphics card; so far this machine has been able to keep up with anything I throw at it!

[quote name='SEH']My single 580 maxes the game at 1920x1200 in both SP and MP. So much for needing 580's in SLI to max the game.

Game looks absolutely gorgeous.[/QUOTE]
Pfft, my 5870 kicks its ass on max; seems like this one will be really accessible to whoever wants to play.

You know, after seeing a few reviews I finally understood what the deal was with such a shitty map in alpha/beta. They pulled a COD making each map representative of happenings in the SP campaign. What a dumb move; really no need for that. Makes me wish this was a pure BF release with no SP mode.

I just don't get DICE. It's like they want to compete with COD by becoming it. What they don't seem to fathom is the best way to compete is by offering what they always have: massive sandbox maps with vehicles. Very disappointed in them for trying to fix what isn't broken, but at least the core gameplay didn't suffer for it. I'll just be avoiding the garbage maps like the plague and chances are most good servers won't even have them in the rotation. I'm willing to bet Caspian and Karkand 24/7 servers will be the norm.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']How is this running compared to the beta? My PC ran the beta pretty well and I'm hoping that the release is a bit more optimized (that and I download the latest AMD preview drivers). I'll be running this on my Asus overclocked A6 laptop with a 6720 graphics card; so far this machine has been able to keep up with anything I throw at it![/QUOTE]

This final build definitely runs better than the beta did on my 6870x2 rig. There was a huge difference when I updated the drivers during the beta, before that I was getting screen tears, bad fps, lower quality, crashes, et al. Updating to the latest drivers is a must for BF3, even though I don't even think I'm running THE latest and greatest.

[quote name='Jodou']Pfft, my 5870 kicks its ass on max; seems like this one will be really accessible to whoever wants to play.

You know, after seeing a few reviews I finally understood what the deal was with such a shitty map in alpha/beta. They pulled a COD making each map representative of happenings in the SP campaign. What a dumb move; really no need for that. Makes me wish this was a pure BF release with no SP mode.

I just don't get DICE. It's like they want to compete with COD by becoming it. What they don't seem to fathom is the best way to compete is by offering what they always have: massive sandbox maps with vehicles. Very disappointed in them for trying to fix what isn't broken, but at least the core gameplay didn't suffer for it. I'll just be avoiding the garbage maps like the plague and chances are most good servers won't even have them in the rotation. I'm willing to bet Caspian and Karkand 24/7 servers will be the norm.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Op Metro was a craptacular map. I was so glad when they officially opened Caspian Border during the beta because it was WAY more representative of what BF3 is.

Although I didn't look that hard at the server lists, I did notice at least one Caspian 24/7! Caspian is a GREAT map, but some of the others are pretty good as well. Firestorm and Seine for example... I don't remember the rest. It was like a blur playing from 2-5am! lol.

Is it just me or is anyone getting horrible server lag for like half of the servers they join? Game runs fine now since I updated the graphics drivers but about half the servers I go in I get almost unbearable lag. Plus everyone in the server bitches about the lag, lol.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Is it just me or is anyone getting horrible server lag for like half of the servers they join? Game runs fine now since I updated the graphics drivers but about half the servers I go in I get almost unbearable lag. Plus everyone in the server bitches about the lag, lol.[/QUOTE]

It's not just you, I was rubberbanding all over the map earlier. I tried to pick a low ping server too, but it was still laggy.

[quote name='bdb2m']It's not just you, I was rubberbanding all over the map earlier. I tried to pick a low ping server too, but it was still laggy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I read it's happening to everyone who plays in Large Conquest mode. Apparently if you play on low player low ping servers it works fine but, I don't want to do that because I am having a blast playing 32 vs 32.

32v32 just irks me. Way too much chaos going on with rockets flying everywhere, tanks, jets, and a billion snipers. 24-32 man servers are where it's at. You still have tons of action but you can actually accomplish objectives without immediately dying after spawning.

Also, Rush mode can blow me. I love Conquest, but Rush is terrible. DICE is completely inept at balancing a map for Rush. Like, I don't get how making the points you have to bomb in the enemy spawn is a good idea. You're just fighting non-stop waves of enemies with zero chance of actually advancing.

[quote name='SEH']32v32 just irks me. Way too much chaos going on with rockets flying everywhere, tanks, jets, and a billion snipers. 24-32 man servers are where it's at. You still have tons of action but you can actually accomplish objectives without immediately dying after spawning.

Also, Rush mode can blow me. I love Conquest, but Rush is terrible. DICE is completely inept at balancing a map for Rush. Like, I don't get how making the points you have to bomb in the enemy spawn is a good idea. You're just fighting non-stop waves of enemies with zero chance of actually advancing.[/QUOTE]
I hate rush, always have. It's just so one sided. Personally I kinda like 32 vs 32 because it is so crazy, but I am waiting for DICE to patch up this lag before I really get into the game again. I love BF3 but too much lag on their end.

I feel like 24v24 is the sweet spot, although 48 player servers are uncommon. Not crazy crowded like 64 players, but with good teams there will usually be something going on at every control point.

Not a fan of rush, either. Linear attack/defend gametypes don't do it for me in general.

anyone having microstutter problems? On fraps its running 55 fps on avg but I can definitely see it stuttering. I'm running 460 sli on i7 930 oc to 3.8 ghz. When I check evga precision, my vram nor clock speed are being used to its maxed.

Conquest is great with 64 players. Rush on the other hand is a crowded mess even on 32.

I'm running 55-50, drops to 40 fps under combat on my GTX 470.

No stuttering here. OMG this game is awesome. Battlelog is actually a pretty damn nice app TBH. Lots of neat features tucked away in there including clan support. Just played for five hours straight, but need a break for dinner lol.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I hate rush, always have. It's just so one sided. Personally I kinda like 32 vs 32 because it is so crazy, but I am waiting for DICE to patch up this lag before I really get into the game again. I love BF3 but too much lag on their end.[/QUOTE]

you guys just cant handle the heat... rush is awesome.... maybe not with 64 ppl, but with 24 ppl, rush is my favorite game mode out of any fps

[quote name='dreamerslost']you guys just cant handle the heat... rush is awesome.... maybe not with 64 ppl, but with 24 ppl, rush is my favorite game mode out of any fps[/QUOTE]
Well I been a TF2 player and it's like push the cart. If you have one bad team it's one sided. If you have even teams it's giving a slight advantage towards the defenders unless the defenders fuck up. It's not a bad idea, just not my cup of tea.

[quote name='egonpax']This final build definitely runs better than the beta did on my 6870x2 rig. There was a huge difference when I updated the drivers during the beta, before that I was getting screen tears, bad fps, lower quality, crashes, et al. Updating to the latest drivers is a must for BF3, even though I don't even think I'm running THE latest and greatest.

Yeah Op Metro was a craptacular map. I was so glad when they officially opened Caspian Border during the beta because it was WAY more representative of what BF3 is.

Although I didn't look that hard at the server lists, I did notice at least one Caspian 24/7! Caspian is a GREAT map, but some of the others are pretty good as well. Firestorm and Seine for example... I don't remember the rest. It was like a blur playing from 2-5am! lol.[/QUOTE]

I love Firestorm, not crazy about Seine though.....maybe I just don't like the city maps.

[quote name='docvinh']I love Firestorm, not crazy about Seine though.....maybe I just don't like the city maps.[/QUOTE]

After playing Seine again last night I realized I don't care for it as much as I thought. I guess the first time I did okay so it I liked it.

I played Kharg Island and I'm digging that one. I usually don't do recon but I did pretty well on points (tons of spotting, ordering - which are like getting free points, etc.)

Yeah, I ended with Kharg Island last night and it's easily my favorite map so far. I love blowing up tanks and tank commanding, so the amphibious assault/beach-head defense is right up my alley. Has a real D-Day invasion feel to it.

Did everyone update the NVIDIA drivers? Seems so much smoother with the drivers.
My GTX 560 blows my old GTX 260 card into dust.
However, I do experience a smoother playing experience if I run the game in Windowed Mode (on my 27 Samsung LCD monitor) running on 1080p.

Fullscreen runs fine for awhile, but the game crashed (only once)?

I'm actually behind on my drivers; haven't updated Catalyst since May and it runs silky smooth. I want to update but I just know soon as I do they'll release a BF3 optimized driver. Kind of annoying having to click OK to the driver warning every time I launch the game, though.

Tried Seine Crossing today. I tried it at 64 and could not do shit. Tried it at 32 players and did 1,000 times better. Yeah Seine Crossing is one of those maps I will only play on 32 players now. That map is way too small for 64 players and there is too much action to even react sometimes.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm actually behind on my drivers; haven't updated Catalyst since May and it runs silky smooth. I want to update but I just know soon as I do they'll release a BF3 optimized driver. Kind of annoying having to click OK to the driver warning every time I launch the game, though.[/QUOTE]

They had beta (I know a bit scary) Catalyst BF3 beta "optimized" drivers at some point I believe.

Found the official Catalyst Twitter account for more info:
@catalystcreator

And for you Nvidia guys:
Nvidia

NOTE: These are "preview" or "beta" drivers. Use at your our risk!

I used to do beta drivers until an nVidia card burned up that was only a year old. So yeah, don't do those anymore lol.

[quote name='Jodou']I used to do beta drivers until an nVidia card burned up that was only a year old. So yeah, don't do those anymore lol.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Duly noted.

I really dislike Terhan Highway. I don't know what it is, just the whole layout of it. Just got done with a few rounds with it and I just can't get into it.

You know when I first heard of the battlelog I hated the idea, but I have warmed up to it. It's super easy to find a game and I don't have to even launch the game until I am ready. It's still no Steam but hey it's good enough.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Tried Seine Crossing today. I tried it at 64 and could not do shit. Tried it at 32 players and did 1,000 times better. Yeah Seine Crossing is one of those maps I will only play on 32 players now. That map is way too small for 64 players and there is too much action to even react sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe that's the problem, once you get pinned down somewhere, it's hard to even move without being taken out.

been playing with a friend for a bit.

there are really very few maps i like so far. metro being the absolute worst.

the feel of this game is so much different from 1942 dc and even bf2. plays just like a black ops round. i don't care for it which is unfortunate since i put down 60$ blindly. hopefully it'll grow on me but i just keep thinking why am i playing this when i could be playing bf2 instead.

[quote name='docvinh']Yeah, maybe that's the problem, once you get pinned down somewhere, it's hard to even move without being taken out.[/QUOTE]
Not only that but especially at that map, there is literally sometimes like 3-4 people at the same spot, it's almost impossible sometimes to even move. Even with my own team there will be like 3 people in one small ass corridor and it's ok what can I do that isn't going to block their firing or run in front of them.

Way better on 16 vs 16. Now that I play more, I feel like Dice just threw in 32 vs 32 to just appease the old Battlefield players but did not take into account how the maps themselves would handle 32 vs 32. I mean the craziness is fun, but wow on some maps I just feel I can't do shit because every 5 seconds there is a firefight and I am usually not the guy in the right spot.

Even though I still love the game.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']anyone having microstutter problems? On fraps its running 55 fps on avg but I can definitely see it stuttering. I'm running 460 sli on i7 930 oc to 3.8 ghz. When I check evga precision, my vram nor clock speed are being used to its maxed.[/QUOTE]

Me!

I had 11.10 preview driver up and running with crossfire 6870s. I didn't have stuttering, but my frame rate just wasn't very good. I then installed CAP3 even though I read plenty of people saying not to. Well, the performance actually got better in a way. I was able to go up to "Ultra" and things look like they were gonna be good. It looks like I'm getting really good FPS but then there is this "stuttering" thing. Correct me if I wrong; but isn't that where the FPS looks like it is going great but you get all these short bursts of slow down? I know it will only be a matter of time before they fix this but it sucks.

Ordered my system this morning so it will hopefully be up and running in time for next weekend.

In the meantime, I played a bit with my PS3 group and had a good time. Top score in my first round since I was the only one grabbing objectives. :D Pretty hard to find Conquest servers on PS3, though.

played a bunch more games and finally got to play some of the more fun maps. seine bridge/city/canal is fantastic. reminds me of berlin/basrah's edge. caspian border is also great. a little happier now that i've played some good maps.

[quote name='jughead']Me!

I had 11.10 preview driver up and running with crossfire 6870s. I didn't have stuttering, but my frame rate just wasn't very good. I then installed CAP3 even though I read plenty of people saying not to. Well, the performance actually got better in a way. I was able to go up to "Ultra" and things look like they were gonna be good. It looks like I'm getting really good FPS but then there is this "stuttering" thing. Correct me if I wrong; but isn't that where the FPS looks like it is going great but you get all these short bursts of slow down? I know it will only be a matter of time before they fix this but it sucks.[/QUOTE]

Turned off AA and its gone. It is smooth as silk now. I still want that enabled eventually.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well I been a TF2 player and it's like push the cart. If you have one bad team it's one sided. If you have even teams it's giving a slight advantage towards the defenders unless the defenders fuck up. It's not a bad idea, just not my cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

Wow I'm an old BF2 player and when they introduced Rush in Bad Company 2 I fell in love. I think 32 players on a Rush map is awesome not sure about the 64. To me it's built for smaller player count. As a side point I also love the push the cart stuff in TF2!! So maybe it's just my taste.

Damn it. It looks like my copy wont ship from Amazon for another few days. I wont be able to play it till next weekend. Amazon is taking longer and longer to get me my stuff the week it comes out. I always took the free shipping and had new releases by friday or saturday of that week. Now it is not till the friday or saturday of the next week. I guess this is their way of trying to get me to buy prime.

bread's done
Back