Battlefield 3 - Armored Kill out now

[quote name='Kaoz']I have heard people saying it was changed to be easier with that update. When I played, as a defender we never lost the first set of Mcoms.

As attackers, we never got past the second set.

And the big choke point was supposed to be the third set, which I never saw.[/QUOTE]

Just went back and played a match, they definitely did something, the other team steamrolled us (we were on defense).

The UMP seems beastmode right now. May be my imagination as I only played one match (but I got two losses for it, I sure do hate getting in the last couple seconds of a match because people quit out to avoid a loss) but if not I expect it will be toned down for the actual release.

Glad I got to see the full map (albeit briefly, they rolled straight through our team no resistance whatsoever). Still don't see me playing the beta as I just don't care for rush ... but I am happy to see Dice tinkering with the balancing instead of just letting things sit.

[quote name='paz9x']holy shit. you guys know youre responding in a pc thread right? there are only supposed to be elitist dickhead responses here.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I own PC PS3 Xbox and Wii, I have no reason to hate on anyone :lol:

Fanboys on every side amuse me. (Though I will certainly say since getting my pc it is much harder to play my consoles from a controller aspect, just not as precise as I am used to now.)

After playing a game of the beta I am quite impressed. One of the reasons I like Battlefield so much is the teamwork aspect of it unlike COD (I can't stand COD, feels like a cheap deathmatch only game). Although I still hate Rush but I hated it in BC2 so I am Conquest all the way :D.

Now if they fix the server browser issue for the retail release, all is good.

I must defend my beloved Rush!!!!! In BC2 Rush mode was one of the runaway successes of the game. Port Valdez was the perfect showcase in that beta for this frantic action packed game mode. Metro is a horrible Rush map!!!! The map itself isn't bad but for Rush it's terrible. This map is not intuitive to the new player at all and I've heard many people that couldn't figure out WTF was going on. Wide open spaces filled with 50% of players laying prone sniping and not a vehicle in site. Port Valdez from the BC2 beta had vehicles anti-vehicle weapons smaller map and just an overall better feel. Rush as a mode is awesome a more focused and fast action alternative to conquest (which I adore also) but Metro is not showcasing it. By the way is it me or did BC2 environments seem more destructible?

Hey Add me!

Orgin ID: Commander0Zero

The problem I see right now is the k/d ratio being the first thing you see on the scoreboard. I know in BC2 that even if you had a low k/d ratio but base captures, assists, support points etc you could be on top of the scoreboard. While I see that in BF3 the score on the main scoreboard is based just on kills or k/d. I wonder if this is to get some of the COD crowd over. But it isn't a good incentive for teamwork and support functions. I had a friend that played COD and I got him into BC2 when he saw all the points you could add up for doing support and teamwork he quickly became a fan as just playing it like it is COD was doing it for him.

Bottom line I hope the "scoreboard" changes in the final version.

[quote name='JungleRot']The problem I see right now is the k/d ratio being the first thing you see on the scoreboard. I know in BC2 that even if you had a low k/d ratio but base captures, assists, support points etc you could be on top of the scoreboard. While I see that in BF3 the score on the main scoreboard is based just on kills or k/d. I wonder if this is to get some of the COD crowd over. But it isn't a good incentive for teamwork and support functions. I had a friend that played COD and I got him into BC2 when he saw all the points you could add up for doing support and teamwork he quickly became a fan as just playing it like it is COD was doing it for him.

Bottom line I hope the "scoreboard" changes in the final version.[/QUOTE]

No, it is based on your total score, K/D is shown. But it is ranked in order of points.

http://i.imgur.com/s20mp.png note the guy on top is 9/13 (not my screenshot)

unless it was changed in a patch, this ss was from the first night

Though, I would fully support removing K/D from the board. I think it could lead to better teamwork

[quote name='Kaoz']No, it is based on your total score, K/D is shown. But it is ranked in order of points.

http://i.imgur.com/s20mp.png note the guy on top is 9/13 (not my screenshot)

unless it was changed in a patch, this ss was from the first night

Though, I would fully support removing K/D from the board. I think it could lead to better teamwork[/QUOTE]

At first look it does look like it is top to bottom k/d those with the most are on top but you are right there is that one guy on top. I figured I misspoke. But yes for a quick look it looks like it is all based off k/d ratio. So there is no "incentive" to do other things. I agree with you in maybe it should be removed or at least listed last after other stats on a scoreboard that reflects that. I agree it would lead to better teamwork.

On a side note about teamwork...One thing I will do is change my class if everyone on my squad is one speciality as that makes no sense or balance. IE one medic (now assault so two is good one support and one engineer depending on the map and game.

I hope the scoreboard is different in the final release... :):)

[quote name='Kaoz']

Though, I would fully support removing K/D from the board. I think it could lead to better teamwork[/QUOTE]
I agree. People think K/D is everything, even in a game like Battlefield. It would lead to people not playing just to get highest kills and actually wanting to do good in the game. There are a lot of times I am playing BF and I am wondering if my team would bitch at me for such a high death ratio but with a decent score.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I agree. People think K/D is everything, even in a game like Battlefield. It would lead to people not playing just to get highest kills and actually wanting to do good in the game. There are a lot of times I am playing BF and I am wondering if my team would bitch at me for such a high death ratio but with a decent score.[/QUOTE]

Haha, my K/D is negative as hell. Doesn't matter one bit because I still play the objective, so I am more useful than those that just want to farm kills from a distance (well, defending the kill farmers are useful but I think you know what I mean).

I'm sure my K/D will rise ... double whammy of new to Battlefield AND new to playing on PC. Even if I was playing an easier game to get into, I would have a low K/D because this is my first PC shooter. But ... I really don't care if it ever does, I pay no attention to it. (I had to go check battlelog to find out what it actually was for this post)

Currently at 0.6 it was lower, but I have been rising a bit after lowering my sensitivity (it was uncontrollably high, I have no clue why I thought it was a good idea)

[quote name='JungleRot']At first look it does look like it is top to bottom k/d those with the most are on top but you are right there is that one guy on top. I figured I misspoke. But yes for a quick look it looks like it is all based off k/d ratio. So there is no "incentive" to do other things. I agree with you in maybe it should be removed or at least listed last after other stats on a scoreboard that reflects that. I agree it would lead to better teamwork.

On a side note about teamwork...One thing I will do is change my class if everyone on my squad is one speciality as that makes no sense or balance. IE one medic (now assault so two is good one support and one engineer depending on the map and game.

I hope the scoreboard is different in the final release... :):)[/QUOTE]

Actually I want my snipers to kill their snipers, but be better at sniping. They should have a healthy amount of kills. They are also there to spot people for me as I always rush objectives.

Also, having K/D along with points is fine. The other extreme is stat/point whores who just run around spamming their crap trying to get more points to try and unlock more stuff, but not really doing anything like helping kill people they can clearly see. They are equally as annoying as the K/D whores. There is easily a nice balance when you watch the good people play. K/D above 1.0 and a buttload of points. People who die a lot just waste tickets for the attackers.

[quote name='docvinh']So everyone who got to play the Caspian border map, how were the jets?[/QUOTE]

smooth as butter. very nice.

Metro is ok. Rush sucks though. ;) They'll tighten up Metro, but Rush will always suck. I've tried and tried to get into that mode, but just never liked it. Not when I have Conquest.

They had a partial indoors infantry map in one of the BF2 xpacs. IT was on a carrier. There was vehicles to get to the carrier but once there it was quite a bit of indoor hallway/room fighting. IT was fun.

But that wasn't every map. And the same thing will be true here. There's 8-10 other maps at least and taken together they provide alot of variety.

I have a 1.8 KDR, and that's while doing all the objectives. I usually play assault, so I run around reviving, throwing down health boxes, and planting the bomb. It's not hard to get kills while doing all that. Like mentioned, I don't want KDR whores, but I also don't want people that go 3-15 because they just rush to plant, wasting all the spawn tickets.

Don't fret on your K/DR Caggers! Who knows you might end up being a killing machine in a tank, jeep, heli, or even a JET!

Either way, just be a good teammate and its all good.

[quote name='SEH']Pretty sure they issued a patch earlier that disabled the ability to create your own server.[/QUOTE]
From what I heard, EA warned people not to play on them or else they would ban your account, too. Real nice.

[quote name='Jodou']From what I heard, EA warned people not to play on them or else they would ban your account, too. Real nice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Banning peoples account for some beta shit would be so dumb. If anything, they should be happy people figured this out now so they can remedy it in time for launch.

[quote name='SEH']Yeah. Banning peoples account for some beta shit would be so dumb. If anything, they should be happy people figured this out now so they can remedy it in time for launch.[/QUOTE]

Remedy what in time for launch? By launch you will be able to play on any map.

They should allow Caspian Border to be played. My computer runs Operation Metro okay but I want to see how it runs on a large 64-player map before I buy it.

Remedy the ability that allows people to gives out fake points and have them instantly unlock every weapon. That's what they're banning for.

[quote name='TLPRIME']http://n4g.com/news/855904/dice-squ...-on-battlelog-no-squad-management-in-game/com

What are they thinking??[/QUOTE]
I saw that and I'm thinking it's questionable. I'd really need to see how it works first to understand the why. Unless I was playing with my clan in BC2, I didn't care about squads at all. People might join mine or I'd be auto-assigned, but mostly I just ran solo because they only caused me headaches when I was tank-commanding or sniping. Nothing like an idiot spawning on you to give away your position or taking your tank while you're repairing it. However, I could see this as a problem if one of us were to drop via crash, disconnect, etc.

[quote name='Jodou']I saw that and I'm thinking it's questionable. I'd really need to see how it works first to understand the why. Unless I was playing with my clan in BC2, I didn't care about squads at all. People might join mine or I'd be auto-assigned, but mostly I just ran solo because they only caused me headaches when I was tank-commanding or sniping. Nothing like an idiot spawning on you to give away your position or taking your tank while you're repairing it. However, I could see this as a problem if one of us were to drop via crash, disconnect, etc.[/QUOTE]

Unless they change how the Battlelog works I think they are talking about the party system to form a squad then join a game, which hasn't worked correctly for me once yet.

What I think really sucks about this is when you're playing solo on a pub server and you get stuck with 3 snipers who just lay in 1 spot all game. How is that a good experience being unable to join a squad that is more offensive?

Also if your friends are already in game will thay have to dc to party up with you and then reconnect to a server?

OK, WTF is this shit?
We can either put work into that (making Caspian Border public) or into the final product – which would you prefer?
Uh, pretty sure you made it public via passworded servers. DICE just needs to shut up at this point, because every time they talk they sound like idiots.

[quote name='Jodou']OK, WTF is this shit?Uh, pretty sure you made it public via passworded servers. DICE just needs to shut up at this point, because every time they talk they sound like idiots.[/QUOTE]

lmao. Well at least it sounds like they are taking the squad complaints seriously and will be changing it for the full game.

[quote name='Jodou']OK, WTF is this shit?Uh, pretty sure you made it public via passworded servers. DICE just needs to shut up at this point, because every time they talk they sound like idiots.[/QUOTE]

How is something "public" if it is passworded? The line you quoted sounded fine to me. They don't want to waste time appeasing the people who want to play more maps without buying the game or dying to play it early.

I am buying the game day one full price. I don't do that with to many games but if it is as good or better then the console BC1 and 2 then I am happy to part with my money as the entertainment value will be worth it.

[quote name='JungleRot']How is something "public" if it is passworded? The line you quoted sounded fine to me. They don't want to waste time appeasing the people who want to play more maps without buying the game or dying to play it early.

I am buying the game day one full price. I don't do that with to many games but if it is as good or better then the console BC1 and 2 then I am happy to part with my money as the entertainment value will be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Meh. They make it sound like they would need top men to load up Caspian Border on some servers and open the options and uncheck private.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Meh. They make it sound like they would need top men to load up Caspian Border on some servers and open the options and uncheck private.[/QUOTE]

ahh okay I gotcha.

They lost a lot of sales on Operation Metro. I loved the map because I happen to like infantry but it's clear the reception has been lukewarm. Caspian Border would earn them back a whole lot of irritated fans right now.

But they are a private business and can do whatever they want.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Hey everybody time to jump back into the beta, Dice has opened up the Caspian Border map for everyone to play until the end of the beta which is on Oct. 10[/QUOTE]
Beat me to it heh. Of course they wait until DS is out to do this. Well, if I find myself starting to get bored with it I'll hop on the beta.

Caspian Border is awesome (I can't help but wonder if Metro would be a decent map on Conquest ... since it would discourage people just sitting and camping a spot)

Still,

DICE have put up previews of the other multiplayer maps.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...n-battlefield-3-multiplayer-map-reveal.aspx##

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...011/10/14/multiplayer-map-reveal-part-ii.aspx

Damavand Peak looks insane. Should be awesome to start the game by jumping off that huge cliff. Tehran Highway also looks like it's going to be amazing.

I'm so damn excited for this game. This is the first game since COD4 that's made me get a new video card just so I could run it better (picked up a GTX580 today). The 25th needs to get here ASAP.

Yeah, it sucks that you cant just change your display name on the fly like Steam, but at least they added this option finally.

OK, that is fucking unacceptable. I can't choose my soldier name because it's taken. I'd have to add my clan tag to get it. WOW EA has fucked this up all thanks to this fucking bullshit Origin. You know what's killing PC gaming? Shit fucking companies.

Whoa there junior, calm down. It's been pretty well known for awhile now that your Origin name you choose when creating your account is the name you'd be stuck with in-game. Previously you couldn't even change it at all, so this is at least a step in the right direction.

[quote name='SEH']Whoa there junior, calm down. It's been pretty well known for awhile now that your Origin name you choose when creating your account is the name you'd be stuck with in-game. Previously you couldn't even change it at all, so this is at least a step in the right direction.[/QUOTE]
Uh, I made my Origin account years ago to register for my BF vet rewards and BC2 sure as hell didn't force me to use that name. So no, it wasn't a pretty well known fact at all and during beta I just assumed it was a limitation of the client and wouldn't be that way in retail. Your name in-game should also NEVER be your account name because that's just asking to be hacked. It's the same reason I disabled realID for Blizzard games.

So no, it's not a step in the right direction. In fact it's not a step in any direction other than incompetence.

[quote name='bigant262']Question, would I be able to run BF3 at max settings with 2 PNY GTX 460?[/QUOTE]

Maybe not max, but pretty close. It also depends on your processor though too and whether not not it's bottlenecking your cards.

@Jodou

Your name in game ISNT your account name. Your account name is your email, which you use to login. It's not like you login with the name that's shown in-game. Also, I said it's been a known thing for awhile now, like at least a few months. They're allowing your to change it, so I dont really get what the big deal is here. How is them originally not allowing you to change it, and now making it so you can change it a "step towards incompetence"? Seems like you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

[quote name='SEH']@Jodou

Your name in game ISNT your account name. Your account name is your email, which you use to login. It's not like you login with the name that's shown in-game. Also, I said it's been a known thing for awhile now, like at least a few months. They're allowing your to change it, so I dont really get what the big deal is here. How is them originally not allowing you to change it, and now making it so you can change it a "step towards incompetence"? Seems like you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here.[/QUOTE]
All I'm saying is the system we had before wasn't broke and now they're forcing a draconian system on us where no two soldiers can have the same name. All in the name of what exactly? How hard would it be to program a field that displays your soldier name in-game lol. It probably would have taken more or less the same time to allow us to change our Origin account name that should have been programmed from the start anyway.

And as far as I'm concerned, when I log in and see my account name it doesn't say welcome *email address*; it says exactly what my soldier name would be. It's an added layer of protection to have a separate call sign and given how stupid EA can be, I don't need some nerd I made rage calling them up and getting my email address because all they needed was my soldier name to get it. Call it paranoia if you will but in ten years of online gaming I've never once been hacked since I take the necessary precautions.

[quote name='Jodou']OK, that is fucking unacceptable. I can't choose my soldier name because it's taken. I'd have to add my clan tag to get it. WOW EA has fucked this up all thanks to this fucking bullshit Origin. You know what's killing PC gaming? Shit fucking companies.[/QUOTE]

I would say if anything is killing PC gaming is shitty consumers buying into the ads thinking they are going to get a great game.

That....

and over emotional gamers. :D

Too bad nothing short of an world wide EMP strike will kill PC Gaming :bouncy:

[quote name='Megazell']I would say if anything is killing PC gaming is shitty consumers buying into the ads thinking they are going to get a great game.

That....

and over emotional gamers. :D

Too bad nothing short of an world wide EMP strike will kill PC Gaming :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Hey fuck you, at the time I was watching baseball so I was already riled up. :p

bread's done
Back