Battlefield 3 - Armored Kill out now

[quote name='metaly']A DICE employee confirmed the returning BF2 maps are Wake, Karkand, Gulf of Oman, and Sharqi Peninsula. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would liked to revisit Mashtuur City, but this is a really solid lineup.

No word yet on Sidi Power Plant or Minsk. :)[/QUOTE]
Which one had the aircraft carrier?

I don't know what it was about the newest teaser but I find it to be awesome. Even though I've had to adjust my expectations for the main Battlefield series I am still very excited for this game. I'll have to get Windows 7 and probably get some more ram mainly for this game. DICE always knows how to get me excited for the Battlefield games for PC.

I think it also helps that the newest teaser gave me a Terminator vibe with the music. Getting Sharqi, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island, and the beast (Karkand) again sounds pretty good to me. I don't know if I would ever get tired of playing at Karkand. :whee:

i hope BF3 is going be like BF2 but with destructibility and gaphics or better than bad company 2. and they better keep the PLA as a playable side. Salute to Mother of CHINA!!!!!!!

P.S. ill never under stand why people like modern warfare over battlefield so much. i like battle field because ther is more variety and more possibilities and veriables to take account of life or death.

[quote name='gamerpro4000']i hope BF3 is going be like BF2 but with destructibility and gaphics or better than bad company 2. and they better keep the PLA as a playable side. Salute to Mother of CHINA!!!!!!!

P.S. ill never under stand why people like modern warfare over battlefield so much. i like battle field because ther is more variety and more possibilities and veriables to take account of life or death.[/QUOTE]

Two different games. COD is close-quarters, fast combat. Battlefield is a slower, more tactical game. Both have their places.

[quote name='metaly']GameInformer scans are up at PS3Blog.net. NeoGAF has some highlights from the article. Here are a few:

4 kits is a controversial choice but I'm fine with it. BF2 had way too many kits if you ask me. 2142 did a smart job of streamlining it.

Definitely going to have to upgrade for this. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Nah i completly disagree with the kits. i hated the kits in BFBC2 because having multiple kits mixing in one requires less teamwork in a way. I like how BF2 had support and game out ammo to give out covering fire and how medic isnt over powered like in BC2 a person who can heal and carry a mechine gun with 200 rounds? and the engineer is too op in BC2 a tank killer and an infantry killer. that smg is op in CQC and mid distance. I usually get 3 to 1 K/D with my engineer.

Considering this game is going to be 64 player map and if i am correct having 4-5 people in a squad it would make more sense to have more kit variety.

P.S. dont worry about the consol version dumbing down the PC version. I did some research and dice said they are going to put extra polish on the PC version to prevent crappy ports.

I beleive BF3 can be fast combat and CQC if they just made more maps in cities and of course the squad leaders dont jsut rush and get killed so thier teammates cant spawn in the middle of the battlefield. its insane if both sides fight for one spot in conquest mode. tanks, heli, jets infantry every out to get you especially if its 64 players?! that is still fast combat to me.

i like COD i just didnt like how some one can run and gun so easily and if a person zooms in and spray its almost an automatic kill.

trailer looks bitchin, but then again you don't get a clear picture of it.

Love how the guy on the boxart has Magpul MBUS and an eotech. Surprised it's not a better stock. Standard Telescoping stocks are a PITA

[quote name='metaly']Here's some extended single player footage, if you're into that.[/QUOTE]

Holyfuck the graphics looks amazing,it is definatly a PC version. Can you imagine how much better it might look after a few polishing when the game finally comes out? i really want to know what system specs was that computer running on. only game that looks this good and not cartoony is killzone 2 and 3 and crysis in my opinion. I also notice how realistic the water puddles on the floor and palms trees on the beginning of the video. Most of all, the lighting is amazing the part where the us marine moves up the stairs.

If you ask me, its about time there is a game company that is trying to push the potential on computer gaming and not just focus on consoles besides atari the making of The Witcher. Then again having consoles slow down the advancement of computer games could result of computer rigs having a longer life span without upgrades.

Ever noticed what all of these games with awesome graphics have in common? besides crysis (i dont know where its made) the rest seems like they are developed from europe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man this new trailer is absolutely incredible. I enjoyed the Bad Company campaigns for what they are, but I'm glad that they seem to be taking a much more serious approach for this one. When I built my PC a few years ago, I had been wondering what game would make me upgrade some parts. I think I know what game that is.

I've seen a few sites posting system requirements for BF3, which is pretty misleading since DICE hasn't released official specs yet. Some of the ones going around seem to be BFBC2's requirements but pumped up a bit since BF3 will be running the Frostbite 2 engine, as opposed to BC2's 1.5. However, Neoseeker has a pretty thorough and informed article on what sort of hardware to be looking at based on what's known about the game. (The scenes in the "Fault Line" trailer were produced on a GeForce GTX 580, for instance.)

Here are their hypothetical specs:

Estimated minimum:

* Windows Vista 32-bit
* 512mb video card (DirectX 10)
* 2GB RAM
* Dual-core processor 2.0ghz

Estimated recommended:

* Windows 7 64-bit
* GTX 580, 5970 (DirectX 11)
* 4-8GB DDR3 RAM
* Quad or hexacore processor
Again, DICE hasn't released official requirements yet and it will probably be a while before they do.

Released announced for October 25! Start saving your computer dollars.

There's some new multiplayer footage at origin.com showing an infantry-based map in France. They also showed off some extended tank gameplay at EA's presser. While the graphics look absolutely incredible, the HUD is still really glowy and there's a lot of dust and smoke. It's awesome from a visuals/immersion standpoint but I thought that it negatively affected the gameplay in BFBC2. I was hoping they would maybe tone it down a bit.

Still excited though uugghhnnnnn

[quote name='Zoglog']trailer looks bitchin, but then again you don't get a clear picture of it.

Love how the guy on the boxart has Magpul MBUS and an eotech. Surprised it's not a better stock. Standard Telescoping stocks are a PITA[/QUOTE]

those arent magpul buis, atleast the rear isnt.

Classes revealed! I could not be happier about this.

Assault/Medic

The Assault and Medic a classes have been combined now, where the Assault class can either chose to heal/revive teammates, or you can opt for a grenade launcher instead of the revive kit, if you want more firepower.
Support

The Support class is now the one handing out ammunition, and can also provide covering fire. You can mount your LMG and if fire in the direction of the enemy, you’ll get special bonus points for providing covering fire for your teammates. You can also select an assault rifle with a flashlight for the dark parts of maps (like tunnels), instead of the LMG.
Engineer

The Engineer retains much of his role and load-out from Bad Company 2, you’re equipped with rocket launchers against enemy armor, and a repair tool to fix friendly vehicles, and a sub machine gun.
Sniper

The Sniper has the same role as in previous Battlefield games, and is armed with a sniper rifle, C4 explosives, and spotting gear.

They're basically the 2142 classes, which worked great. So glad that assault and medic are recombined. I really didn't care for the medic LMGs in BC2.

Actually, the one thing that would make me happier is if they gave Sniper a carbine option so you could get some spec ops action.

Lol, so mortar strikes were removed I take it? Now everyone will just be assault so they can get points from revives and handing out healing packs. Guess I'll stick to tank commanding and going 40+ and 0.

I hope my computer can run this game, or else I'd have to buy the console version. Suppose I could always try to find a new CPU if need be.

Pentium Dual Core E5400
4GB Ram
1GB Radeon 6670

I've never been big on FPS at all... But Battlefield 3 made me reconsider that. I've been wanting to upgrade my PC, and thankfully now I have something to work towards. I cannot wait... At all.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Sigh...

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battl...mited-edition-physical-warfare-pack-available

Exclusive weapons that can only accessed if you pre-ordered from that retailer. This is for the UK..apparently exclusive packs for other regions are in the works. DLC/day 1 unlocks are one thing, but exclusive weapons based on where you buy is another.

The bullshit begins.[/QUOTE]
Lol, rule #1 of PvP DLC is never let it impact gameplay. This is just beyond full retard.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Sigh...

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battl...mited-edition-physical-warfare-pack-available

Exclusive weapons that can only accessed if you pre-ordered from that retailer. This is for the UK..apparently exclusive packs for other regions are in the works. DLC/day 1 unlocks are one thing, but exclusive weapons based on where you buy is another.

The bullshit begins.[/QUOTE]

They tried this last time and a lot of gamers boycotted. It worked in the end. Hopefully it'll happen again. There was a big post on Reddit on it also.

The boycott effort seems to already have died out. As far as I can tell anyway.

In other news, Crysis 2 was removed from Steam and is only available for download online at EA's new Origin online store. Guess where other titles such as Mass Effect 3 and BF3 will only be available online? Yup.

[quote name='TLPRIME']The boycott effort seems to already have died out. As far as I can tell anyway.

In other news, Crysis 2 was removed from Steam and is only available for download online at EA's new Origin online store. Guess where other titles such as Mass Effect 3 and BF3 will be available online? Yup.[/QUOTE]

Eh, not really that big of a deal. As much as I love to have all my games on Steam, EA's online service isn't terrible.

[quote name='SEH']Eh, not really that big of a deal. As much as I love to have all my games on Steam, EA's online service isn't terrible.[/QUOTE]

It probably isn't terrible. But I doubt they will ever have deals on games like Steam does. inb4 Mass Effect 1 on sale for $19.99 lolz.

[quote name='TLPRIME']In other news, Crysis 2 was removed from Steam and is only available for download online at EA's new Origin online store. Guess where other titles such as Mass Effect 3 and BF3 will only be available online? Yup.[/QUOTE]

It's still available on other services like Direct2Drive and Amazon (for now), but yeah, that doesn't bode well for future releases. So much for waiting for a Steam preorder.

Apparently EA isn't satisfied with just beating Call of Duty; they're trying to reclaim their Douchiest Publisher title from Activision.

I only buy retail anyways, so I couldn't care less about Steam.

Going back to the DLC, they claim they're minor and was chosen because it has no impact on gameplay. Bullshit. Any time you give one side something over the other, it always impacts gameplay no matter how minor. Blizzard tried it with paladins and shamans, but finally caved. Warhammer tried mirroring classes with some differences and it was an imbalanced piece of shit. The list goes on and it beggars the question why even create imbalance over something as rudimentary as a pre-order.

[quote name='TLPRIME']In other news, Crysis 2 was removed from Steam and is only available for download online at EA's new Origin online store. Guess where other titles such as Mass Effect 3 and BF3 will only be available online? Yup.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks I was hoping to buy Crysis 2 at a bargain price this christmas. Also EA is pretty bad at offering deals on there games.

No they aren't. They usually have good deals on stuff in their online store. That's where I got the BC2 Vietnam expansion for $4.99. They've also had excellent deals on games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

Do they constantly have awesome deals going like Steam? No. However, saying they are "bad at offering deals" is way off base.

There's some good info in Planet Battlefield's E3 report. In particular:

1. Regenerating vehicle armor, are you kidding? I really hope DICE knows what they're doing with this. And this is coming from a tank player.

2. The commo rose isn't in the game at the moment but they're still considering it. With squad leaders coming back, they really should have some system for giving out orders and waypoints.

3. The game still has quick knife, yet you can also equip the knife like before. I wonder if equipping it would mean a shorter cooldown or a less elaborate animation, because why would you ever do that otherwise?

LOL, as an engineer/tank commander I can tell you that just me alone was OP. Add in regenerating armor and you can kiss balance goodbye. You know what they really need is an eject button to boot players not in your squad from the vehicle. I guess you could grief players that way, but it seriously complicates things when your squad mates are trying to spawn on you and some asshat is in the tank. That or they just need to fix spawning, but that might require some actual effort. . .

As for quick knife, I hope they don't tie death to the animation again. I remember for an entire month it was completely broken and I'd get screwed out of legit kills because I was behind someone waving my knife like a retard and nothing happening.

I have to wonder if companies are doing this on purpose now, to drum up interest and then renege to come out rosy looking.

Two things that worry me about this game.
A) Vehicle Regenerating Health (Unless it's like the health where vehicles have to be not near an objective with no one using it).
B) Regenerating Health Overall (Because you have to be clear from fire and objectives, which would be a huge ass advantage to snipers).

Other than that, excited for this game the more I see.

I can only assume the regenerating armor would work like soldier health: once you're not taking fire you slowly regen to full (unless you're on fire). On HC servers, it will likely be disabled.

I'm really surprised nobody picked up on this yet, but for those who were in alpha better get used to the server browser because that's how it is in retail. For those who don't know, there will be no in-game server browser. Since EA is pushing Origin so hard, they've tied DICE's hands with how this works. Let me explain: the server browser is launched through Origin, opening the Battlelog website which means it will open in your internet browser of choice. From there you choose your server and the game launches. To select a new server, you must exit BF3 and repeat the process (from Battlelog if it's still open). Those familiar with Quake or Wolfenstein ET will already get the picture of how this works.

Is it the most efficient method of browsing? No. Is it fast and relatively painless? Yes. Is this EA at the reins trying to enforce Origin and guarantee incompatibility with other services (i.e. Steam)? Definitely.

I suspect once this gets more press, there will be backlash considering DICE criticized IW for lack of in-game server browser with MW2. Especially once people realize the console version will have an in-game browser. I'm personally not thrilled, but it could be much worse. Honestly, I'm just sick and tired of these games being mired in some way every single time. It's like they're trying to find some way to piss us off whenever a game is released. There's really no excuse at this point.

Im still on the fence because they took out commanders. Commanders was a great part of BF2 to me, I loved having a good commander on my side and I liked being one from time to time. I know therre will be squad leaders but more often than not squad leaders dont do squat because they are busy fighting. Squads on the whole in like BC2 were useless, only reason people got in them is so they didnt get auto balanced to the losing team.

[quote name='Jodou']I only buy retail anyways, so I couldn't care less about Steam.[/QUOTE]

Youll still be forced to use origin anyway, so really buying retail here doesnt mean squat sadly because like you I only buy games retail. Origin is just EA's version of steam so youll be forced to use it and be locked into it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/12/battlefield-3-retail-copies-will-require-origin-to-play/

Kind of sucks though I go to the trouble of buying it retail and my copy is essentially a nice package with a digital code.

Origin I don't really have a problem with this time, because all the games I've purchased in the past have given me the choice of registering or not. If Origin becomes mandatory in the future for shit like DA3 or whatever, then I will take issue. For BF3, well it is an online game, so it's really no different from their login servers from the past (kind of like Blizzard with Battlenet, etc).

My beef with Steam is when the publisher/developer decides to take my freedom of choice away with games that quite literally have no business requiring internet login (through Steam). Games like FNV, Metro 2033, or Skyrim for example. There's no MP component, so there's no excuse for enforcing such bullshit DRM.

When I read you have to fully exit the game just to change servers I couldn't believe it. I really hope it's as fast and seamless as they say it is, because god knows the whole dance to get your squad onto a good server (let alone the same team) is enough of a headache as is.

As a heads up to anyone who ever tried to get those SPECACT skins for BFBC2, Best Buy is the only one offering them here in the US for BF3. If you followed the whole Dr. Pepper fiasco for BC2, you'd remember that these ended up never being offered to PC gamers in the end. The promotion is for pre-orders only and works in-store because they verify the email a code will be sent to when you put $5 down. There's no obligation to buy at that point and whether you get a refund or not is up to you. I would scan your RZ card and be signed up for their gamer club (which is free) just in case, plus it auto-populates the email when they ring you up too.

BTW, when did they start using these new pre-order kiosks? Reminds me of when TRU had those shelf tickets for buying games way back in the day. It's pretty damn nice having a barcode they can just scan when you take it to the register because they don't even have to ask you what system, etc.

Just finished a few matches and the game is awesome, everyone who can run it should definitely check out the open beta in 2 days.

bread's done
Back