Battlefield 3 - Armored Kill out now

I don't know why they had to pick the same map from Alpha, but I hate it. Metro is a map I'll definitely avoid in retail because it's so boring. The whole thing just funnels you along the same path and allows people to just camp the entire game. This garbage belongs in a COD game, not BF. Whatever, the game is still awesome and once I can play whatever maps I want it'll be heavenly.

Battlelog was updated from Alpha too and wow, they added a ton of features. That whole lobby system and voice chat via browser is new, but doubt I'd use it. I do like the battle reports they added because a lot of the time I'd be in a game, round ends and I'd like to review a bunch of stuff, but it's off to the next round or map too quickly. Don't even have to worry now!

I like Metro, but it's still horribly one-sided, even after they moved one of the points in the first area to the bridge. Offense is just WAY too hard. If by some chance you do get past the first area, it's almost impossible to make it past the first part of the tunnels/subway.

In all my time playing the Alpha, and now the Beta, I've still only been all the way to the end of the map one time.

I agree with Jodou, except i hate Rush mode in general. Rush is so skewed toward the defenders that's it makes it unfun. It was the same in Bad Company 2, but now everyone can go prone. Conquest all day baby.

I'm not sure about the battle log yet. So far my friends and I haven't gotten the Party system to work. And I've had trouble just joining games, but that's probably just issues with servers not the Battle Log itself.

[quote name='TLPRIME']I agree with Jodou, except i hate Rush mode in general. Rush is so skewed toward the defenders that's it makes it unfun. It was the same in Bad Company 2, but now everyone can go prone. Conquest all day baby.
[/QUOTE]

This. I am done with the Beta unless they let us play conquest. My initial reaction was it was awesome, because the game is good and I was finally getting to play it. But after a bit the game mode just started to make the experience suck. Every game I have played the defenders won handily. (My team, as defenders, never lost the initial set of Mcoms. As attackers, we never got past the second set)

I can't stand conquest, because it always feels like I'm chasing the battle. With Rush you always know where the fight is at. Rush, on a good open map like Arica Harbor was, is a blast. Granted you could blow up buildings to get the mcom, but you never felt like it was a for sure victory on either side. I also like to get my snipe on, so that was my favorite map for sure. Those are the type of maps I hope to see in BF3, so hopefully Caspian can provide a good followup.

Rush mode only for the beta is fucking weak. Metro is a borderline piece of shit IMO. It doesn't feel like a BF map at all, at least not to me. It feels like I'm playing a game where BF and CoD had sex and then 9 months later out shit Operation Metro. The game feels like it's sandwiched in between the two franchises with no real identity of its own. Needless to say I am kind of concerned over this game now, it's one of my 3 most anticipated games this year so I hope I'm wrong but so far something just doesn't feel "right" to me. Maybe once I get my hands on Conquest I will have a change of heart. The one good thing I can say about it though, it runs really well. It's way less taxing on PC's than Metro 2033 is that's for sure, it's not even close for me.

[quote name='Jodou']I can't stand conquest, because it always feels like I'm chasing the battle. With Rush you always know where the fight is at. Rush, on a good open map like Arica Harbor was, is a blast. Granted you could blow up buildings to get the mcom, but you never felt like it was a for sure victory on either side. I also like to get my snipe on, so that was my favorite map for sure. Those are the type of maps I hope to see in BF3, so hopefully Caspian can provide a good followup.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Rush sometimes in BC2 as well. On the right map so fair enough.

But OP Metro is crap, I don't understand why they would choose this map as the one to show off before the game comes out.

Use the password "Appletini" to get into servers playing Caspian Border on Conquest. Why that isnt the default beta map I have no clue. It's SO fuckING GOOD.

Haha wow. Someone at DICE is a Scrubs fan?

I'll be trying this on PS3 over the weekend, and then at the local LAN cafe once they get it installed on their PCs. Going to spend the next few weeks trying to figure out where to order a machine. Anyone have suggestions? I've heard doghousesystems.com recommended, but I'd have to scrape up some extra cash. I don't really know what price range I should be expecting, honestly.

[quote name='metaly']Haha wow. Someone at DICE is a Scrubs fan?

I'll be trying this on PS3 over the weekend, and then at the local LAN cafe once they get it installed on their PCs. Going to spend the next few weeks trying to figure out where to order a machine. Anyone have suggestions? I've heard doghousesystems.com recommended, but I'd have to scrape up some extra cash. I don't really know what price range I should be expecting, honestly.[/QUOTE]

Can't you build a PC? It's not hard.. Also you'll get a good amount more for your money....

But if you must purchase a prebuilt system, either go with a Dell XPS system, or one of these boutique builders as I've never heard of doghousesystems.com , http://www.velocitymicro.com/ , http://www.pugetsystems.com/ , http://www.digitalstormonline.com/

It also depends highly on your budget.

New password is "videokilledtheradiostar".

EDIT

Nevermind, apparently they just changed it again. I'll post back once the new one is found out.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about they stop fucking about with passwords and just rotate metro out. Seriously, I'm not going to waste my time on the beta until they do.

[quote name='Jodou']How about they stop fucking about with passwords and just rotate metro out. Seriously, I'm not going to waste my time on the beta until they do.[/QUOTE]

They switch the passwords daily it seems. Who really cares though? You're able to play Caspian Border which is all that matters. You seriously arent going to play the Beta just because Metro is the main map and you need a password (that's readily available mind you) to join a server playing CB?

Benchmarks for GPUs: [CUSTOMSPOILER=Single]
Battlefield-3-Beta-GPUs-v2.png
[/CUSTOMSPOILER][CUSTOMSPOILER=SLI]
Battlefield-3-Beta-GPUs-MGPU-OC.png
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Love how my 5870 is still a top competitor.

[quote name='Jodou']Benchmarks for GPUs: [CUSTOMSPOILER=Single]
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Love how my 5870 is still a top competitor.[/QUOTE]

I am running crossfired 5870s in eyefinity, but I will never get to play cause this game won't join a server.

played xbox this morning for just a few min. never been a battlefield fan and the few min i played this morning did NOT impress me. still gonna keep the preorder just for the campaign. Ill have to get into the multiplayer a bit more to see if I can enjoy it. not much to offer on the beta.

[quote name='Jodou']Benchmarks for GPUs: [CUSTOMSPOILER=Single]
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Love how my 5870 is still a top competitor.[/QUOTE]

My 5850 does alright, but I think I'm going to wind up ordering a 580 sometime between now and when the game releases.

I'm loving this game so much. Aside from the rough edges (Lots of mole people/invisible people, tons of servers dropping me, not being able to pause at the loadout screen.) the gameplay is right where I want it to be. Metro isn't that great of a map, a little too cramped, but surprisingly not all that linear. Lots of flanking opportunities.

Can't wait to play the release.

I dont really know if Metro is "cramped", just moreso that the objectives are so far up the defenses ass that it makes it impossible to get to them, especially with such short respawn timers.

I think my biggest issue with the beta is the fact that you cant bind anything to your mouse. I hate having to switch the talk key in Mumble from shift to mouse 5 because the game wont let me map sprint to mouse 5.

[quote name='Blade3D']I am running crossfired 5870s in eyefinity, but I will never get to play cause this game won't join a server.[/QUOTE]

I was having this issue as well. I was finally able to join by starting the origin client as an administrator and selecting a server from the browser. If you haven't tried that yet, it might work but lots of people are having issues.

played a match on metro. terrible. i had 3 guys spawn in front of me consecutivley in 2-3 second intervals, instant death for them. spawns got switched to outside. died 4-5 times in a without getting 10 feet from my spawn point.

For as much time as i put into bc2, i might pass completely on this one. The weapon audio and recoil, at least for the ak variants i used were excellent. Not a fan of this battlelog shit at all. maybe itll get better at release but how much outside of balancing and connectivity issues are going to be done by then?

[quote name='SEH']I dont really know if Metro is "cramped", just moreso that the objectives are so far up the defenses ass that it makes it impossible to get to them, especially with such short respawn timers.

I think my biggest issue with the beta is the fact that you cant bind anything to your mouse. I hate having to switch the talk key in Mumble from shift to mouse 5 because the game wont let me map sprint to mouse 5.[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely say it's imbalanced, but not much more than 60/40 D/O. The mouse binds are a bitch though.

played a match on metro. terrible. i had 3 guys spawn in front of me consecutivley in 2-3 second intervals, instant death for them. spawns got switched to outside. died 4-5 times in a without getting 10 feet from my spawn point.

Is that not the point of squad spawning/mobile spawn point? Either that, or they bomb your bases and you move back. The only time I've experienced this kind of frustration is being revived or spawning on squad mates, then insta-dying.

[quote name='Blade3D']Anyone else having problems joining a server?[/QUOTE]

*raises hand* I've been trying to join a server for about 30 minutes to no avail, I'm ready to call it quits and jump back on the PS3 beta

I have troubles joining servers as well.. Even empty ones.

Just a general Public Service Announcement for people that hate being chain revived only to keep dying like in BC2, you can now refuse the revive and force a respawn.

While the beta looks nice and runs pretty well (save for the glitches) on my rig on Ultra, I just can't really get into it. Feels like every other military shooter to me. I'm glad they are at least including Team Deathmatch in the full game. I don't care much for Rush and I really hate Conquest. This one is a "maybe" purchase if I have the extra funds.

Just let let everyone know. If you would like to play Caspian Border today's password is............. "shoppingcartsareagoodride"

[quote name='Killbomb']I'm glad they are at least including Team Deathmatch in the full game. I don't care much for Rush and I really hate Conquest.[/QUOTE]
plz die

[quote name='SnoT']Can't you build a PC? It's not hard.. Also you'll get a good amount more for your money....

But if you must purchase a prebuilt system, either go with a Dell XPS system, or one of these boutique builders as I've never heard of doghousesystems.com , http://www.velocitymicro.com/ , http://www.pugetsystems.com/ , http://www.digitalstormonline.com/

It also depends highly on your budget.[/QUOTE]

The last few PCs I've built have taught me that I'd rather spend some extra dollars than deal with the anguish. :)

Thanks for the recommendations, I'm looking through them now.

[quote name='Killbomb']While the beta looks nice and runs pretty well (save for the glitches) on my rig on Ultra, I just can't really get into it. Feels like every other military shooter to me. I'm glad they are at least including Team Deathmatch in the full game. I don't care much for Rush and I really hate Conquest. This one is a "maybe" purchase if I have the extra funds.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crystalklear64']plz die[/QUOTE]

lol

I was able finally to login into a server and play around for an hour or so when it crashed, I noticed a couple of different things from the PS3 version, the textures are sharper, greater draw distance and a lot less lag (which is to be expected). PC players have already found a glitch though, they can get under the map in some areas while crawling, which is little frustating but this a beta after all they'll probably fix it when the game is released.

I also played a little bit of the Caspian Border map and all I can say is WOW:hot::hot: THIS is what Battlefield is all about, huge maps, awesome aerial/tank battles, it let me greatly impressed. If the final game has more maps like this one, I will definitely have to get it..... I flew a jet for the first time it went horrible, I didn't know the controls for it so I just ran to the end of the air strip and crashed into the tree line which caused the jet to explode in huge fire ball :lol: good times

[quote name='crystalklear64']plz die[/QUOTE]

Nice to see that you're open to other people's opinions. I just don't care for the teamwork focused game types since only a few of my real life friends play games and we are rarely on at the same times. It's a lot easier to play TDM with randoms.

played a match today on xbox which will be my last. the level of camping in this game is just not for me. I dont enjoy it at all and from what i gather you can either camp or be endlessly frustrated by the opposition camping. Im sure having a squad that works together and doesnt suck could help but thats not a bankable option for me.

I was really looking forward to this game.

[quote name='paz9x']played a match today on xbox which will be my last. the level of camping in this game is just not for me. I dont enjoy it at all and from what i gather you can either camp or be endlessly frustrated by the opposition camping. Im sure having a squad that works together and doesnt suck could help but thats not a bankable option for me.

I was really looking forward to this game.[/QUOTE]
Cool story; we don't give a shit about xbox.

[quote name='Jodou']Cool story; we don't give a shit about xbox.[/QUOTE]

is the game different beyond visuals and controls scheme? Would my opinion only apply to the match i played on the console version?

And now they've shut down the Caspian servers altogether. Seriously, WTF is DICE thinking with this beta? Are they trying to look bad with such a shitty map? How can it be that testing is complete on a map they've barely let people play, yet Metro is a map that requires extensive testing?

I don't get it.

Wonderful, I finally finish downloading the beta on my shitty ass connection and now I can't join a server. It just wont join one, it sits at the damn battlefield connection page.

[quote name='paz9x']played a match today on xbox which will be my last. the level of camping in this game is just not for me. I dont enjoy it at all and from what i gather you can either camp or be endlessly frustrated by the opposition camping. Im sure having a squad that works together and doesnt suck could help but thats not a bankable option for me.

I was really looking forward to this game.[/QUOTE]

kk. go back to CoD now please. I hate teammates that run around like a chicken with their head cut off T_T

I played for a bit this morning on my PS3 (Have it both on my PS3 and PC and was in the alpha for PC.) I actually had a good time on my PS3 and I hate FPS's multiplayer on consoles. (Need a keyboard/mouse) Anyway, I've been playing as a medic so I can just toss down a med pack and gain points while following my team around. Finally got the defib and I'm sad to see I can't kill people with it...

But I did go from rank 4-6 in a single match once I got my defib...

Also it seems whatever did after that recent restart people are actually getting past the subway choke point now. Which is nice to see.

[quote name='mramazing']kk. go back to CoD now please. I hate teammates that run around like a chicken with their head cut off T_T[/QUOTE]

because i came from cod to begin with? stfu
I hate assholes that think their opinion makes them better than somebody else T_T

[quote name='paz9x']because i came from cod to begin with? stfu
I hate assholes that think their opinion makes them better than somebody else T_T[/QUOTE]

Rush is a terrible game mode for camping, it is really designed for it. However, I wouldn't write off the entire game because of that, just the Rush mode. Conquest is much better, and if that's not your thing there will be Team Deathmatch.

I really really do not understand why Dice stuck with such a terrible map for the beta, and Rush only. Not showing positively at all imo. I played the 2 early release days, and have not touched it since. Still day 1 for me, but I will likely never play Operation Metro again, and likely no rush either (but rush on a GOOD map, can be fun... op metro is just a really bad map)

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be the only one who thinks this map isn't that bad. I've run it end to end 2 times now, and had it run on me I think 2 or 3 times on me. They must have changed something to make it easier or something.:)

[quote name='paz9x']because i came from cod to begin with? stfu
I hate assholes that think their opinion makes them better than somebody else T_T[/QUOTE]

You were presented with a pretty narrow viewpoint for BF3 (1 single map for 1 mode, infantry only) and then proceeded to write the game off based on that narrow viewpoint, which is probably why you received the "go back to CoD" response.

I would say to try the full game out first. Of course you may still not like it after that, but at least you will have given it a fair shake. There will be dudes laying in bushes no matter what map or mode you play on though, so be warned about that. Over time you will learn the maps and be able to use terrain and cover more effectively as you also learn where the snipers like to hang out and reduce the frustration of dying to them.

It will be better on bigger maps like Caspian Border. Operation Metro funnels everyone into such a tight space. It's a camper/sniper paradise.

I will say the experience of BF is much better when you have friends to squad with, but it's still really fun solo too.

[quote name='docvinh']I must be the only one who thinks this map isn't that bad. I've run it end to end 2 times now, and had it run on me I think 2 or 3 times on me. They must have changed something to make it easier or something.:)[/QUOTE]

I have heard people saying it was changed to be easier with that update. When I played, as a defender we never lost the first set of Mcoms.

As attackers, we never got past the second set.

And the big choke point was supposed to be the third set, which I never saw.

[quote name='Kaoz']Rush is a terrible game mode for camping, it is really designed for it. However, I wouldn't write off the entire game because of that, just the Rush mode. Conquest is much better, and if that's not your thing there will be Team Deathmatch.

I really really do not understand why Dice stuck with such a terrible map for the beta, and Rush only. Not showing positively at all imo. I played the 2 early release days, and have not touched it since. Still day 1 for me, but I will likely never play Operation Metro again, and likely no rush either (but rush on a GOOD map, can be fun... op metro is just a really bad map)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TLPRIME']You were presented with a pretty narrow viewpoint for BF3 (1 single map for 1 mode, infantry only) and then proceeded to write the game off based on that narrow viewpoint, which is probably why you received the "go back to CoD" response.

I would say to try the full game out first. Of course you may still not like it after that, but at least you will have given it a fair shake. There will be dudes laying in bushes no matter what map or mode you play on though, so be warned about that. Over time you will learn the maps and be able to use terrain and cover more effectively as you also learn where the snipers like to hang out and reduce the frustration of dying to them.

It will be better on bigger maps like Caspian Border. Operation Metro funnels everyone into such a tight space. It's a camper/sniper paradise.

I will say the experience of BF is much better when you have friends to squad with, but it's still really fun solo too.[/QUOTE]

holy shit. you guys know youre responding in a pc thread right? there are only supposed to be elitist dickhead responses here.

I appreciate the comments.
To be honest im probably a bit unfair on the game as a whole. I think my level of excitement for this game was shattered a bit by the handful of matches I played.
Camping itself I generally dont give a shit about because there are ways to counter that style. my experience with the beta felt like that wasnt the case (at least with the only map i have played) it appeared that one side was funneled through one of 3 narrow paths.

And why is it ok to make jerkoff replies if someone says they dont like something? because I wasnt fair in my opinion its ok for someone to be a jackass because they like it? I didnt come in this thread telling everyone who likes the beta that theyre morons. The reverse shouldnt be expected

bread's done
Back