Battlefield 3 - FREE for PS+ Members starting July 2nd!

You're better off trying to ask here if anyone wants to squad up. I haven't played a single game with a CAG user because I have a squad already.

I will be on later tonight after the Florida State bowl game. wotcher and syngamer...you going to be on tonight? I say we all try to get a server no one is on and get nothing but CAGers....

[quote name='floormat']weird there doesn't seem to be a CAG clan at least not under "CAG". For the PS3 anyways.[/QUOTE]

Type in Cheap Ass Gamer.

[quote name='woymfsu03']I will be on later tonight after the Florida State bowl game. wotcher and syngamer...you going to be on tonight? I say we all try to get a server no one is on and get nothing but CAGers....[/QUOTE]

i slept in. did manage to find syngamer online at 3am pst weird.

[quote name='enufs8d']i slept in. did manage to find syngamer online at 3am pst weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw you two on early this morning....way too late for me that night lol

[quote name='SynGamer']Only 6 more ribbons to get...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/SynGamer/awards/208708511/ps3/[/QUOTE]

mcom defender, use c4 and camp close, once you hear the arming beeps press it. Has to be while they are aming it. Very easy to get.

Tranport kills, be in the gunner seat of the amtrack and just unload on the other team. You can switch between a lmg and a grenade launcher. The gl works wonders.

The rest are very easy to get, in my opinion.

[quote name='8bitArtist']stationary is the only hard ribbon. platted this on xmas[/QUOTE]

i got lazy about the plat. still need coop stealth trophies and a few clean up on single player. i was super happy that i got the stationary after so many attempts. and if you can't fly like me, the airwarfare is daunting (7 kills, what were thinking?).

tips for both:
mine someplace like tehran. hop in the stationary. if the mines goes off, the kills will be counted as stationary kills. same tip for the skid loader on bf2. i still havent gotten that one.

if you can't fly, try to get in the viper on kharg and hope your pilot can. kharg is so unfair and unbalanced with a good viper pilot.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/17309593/4/205278079/

the kid i always play with x3incheslove is an awesome pilot. if it wasnt for him, i would have never got a air warfare ribbon, let alone almost the medal im closing in on.

Does anyone have problems where the sound suddenly cuts out after a couple long matches of Conquest. I've had this happen to me previously and it usually leads to my PS3 freezing.

my sound cuts out here and there, where like ill only my footsteps. not sure if it eventually leads to freezing though. never really say a correlation.

I was hoping it was something that the latest patch would have fixed up. The only thing I can think of that may cause this is the system overheating (this is the only game that had caused it though).

i would get the sound issue from time to time after playing for like 2 hours or more. no apparent coralation to the freezing though. The only time I get freezin is usually when something crazy happens. like jumping a tank off of c flag on caspian down onto another tank.

going for my wings in a lil bit. Kharg here i come!

i usually get the sound cutting out due to crazy explosions going off. its supposed to simulate going deaf from point blank concussions. for me, sometimes if you play long enough in the match, it will come back.

Finally got the Air Warfare ribbon 112 hrs in >_<

Had a great time destroying a few vehicles as the gunner. Usually I'll be shot down within 2 mins of leaving the ground.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...lefield-3-anticheat-measures-intensify.aspx##

I see a lot of you have your eagle wings and are probably done with this game but I guess it's still good news for us who haven't played this game out yet. I haven't played regularly enough to notice the any other cheating acts besides the people who spawn under or out of the map.

I also discovered on the BF3/EA message boards that the sound issues dropping out completely were common on both systems. Hopefully my system isn't dying then.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those with the freezing issues while playing this game, you should try doing a file restore on your PS3. If you do a lot of adding/deleting stuff on your system it may just be that the HDD needs a lil cleanup.

Follow this tutorial if you don't already know how to enter the PS3's safe mode: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/10/14/keep-your-ps3-safe-with-this-guide/[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I deleted a lot of game save files, game data, and a few blu-ray files from movies. Did the restore file system and then database rebuild. XMB is much faster, though I haven't tried it in-game yet. More importantly, I was able to recover 942MB instantly by finally deleting a corrupted data file. In total, I now have 59GB free on a 120GB HDD :)

[quote name='SynGamer']Thanks! I deleted a lot of game save files, game data, and a few blu-ray files from movies. Did the restore file system and then database rebuild. XMB is much faster, though I haven't tried it in-game yet. More importantly, I was able to recover 942MB instantly by finally deleting a corrupted data file. In total, I now have 59GB free on a 120GB HDD :)[/QUOTE]
You're quite welcome. Now if only I had discovered how to do all of that BEFORE I traded in my 40gb PS3 to GS to get one of the first 120gb slims around here from them. Although if I had done that then I might not have sold my 120gb slim to my one buddy when I got a 160gb slim from Amazon's Warehouse Deals.

Thanks IAM, I'll try that out too.

I've played this game for 40 hours and still can't fly a jet or chopper. I just dropped about 40 lives trying to learn how in multiplayer but it looks like it's never going to happen :lol:

edit: also Wotcher, we're ratio twins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks IAM, I'll try that out too.

I've played this game for 40 hours and still can't fly a jet or chopper. I just dropped about 40 lives trying to learn how in multiplayer but it looks like it's never going to happen :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the sound cutting out problem needs to be fixed! Hopefully in a patch...
btw IATCG, you ever gonna play?

I almost want to say don't get in the chopper or jet then because you're not helping (me) but as for the chopper get someone to play co-op with you in the level Fire in the Sky. It's good practice for flying all the helis other than the Scout.

[quote name='lude21']Yeah, the sound cutting out problem needs to be fixed! Hopefully in a patch...[/QUOTE]
Another small glitch (I think) the Head Shot dog tag doesn't show the totals like the weapon mastery tags do.

[quote name='Hostile']I almost want to say don't get in the chopper or jet then because you're not helping (me) but as for the chopper get someone to play co-op with you in the level Fire in the Sky. It's good practice for flying all the helis other than the Scout.[/QUOTE]
I made sure only to practice if I happened to be on a poorly performing team with no one willing to even try getting into one. I was hoping to get some practice in with a friend of mine but he decided to get Call of Duty instead. whomp whoommp

I guess I will stick to ground support until I can get the practice in.

[quote name='lude21']Yeah, the sound cutting out problem needs to be fixed! Hopefully in a patch...
btw IATCG, you ever gonna play?[/QUOTE]
Am I gonna be trounced in half a nano second by all of the people who play this 24/7 like the people who played Warhawk and Uncharted 2? If yes, then my answer is and will always be an emphatic NOOOOOOOOO.

Besides which, the 700-800mb patch I had pop up the last time I put this game in is further dissuading me from playing this. I had to log out of PSN to avoid downloading the damn thing at all.:booty: I just wanna play the frickin' game, not spend tons of time downloading updates.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Am I gonna be trounced in half a nano second by all of the people who play this 24/7 like the people who played Warhawk and Uncharted 2? If yes, then my answer is and will always be an emphatic NOOOOOOOOO.[/QUOTE]

i always love the ole "this guy is better than me, he must never turn his ps3 off" saying.

but yeah, we will trounce you. not because we play this 24 hours a day (CUZ WE TOTALLY DO!) its because we know the maps, know which guns to use and can fly/drive vehicles better than you.

I am ok with helis n good with tanks i just have a heck of a time hitting anything with any of the jets. When I am on the ground people seem to slow them down to the point that they are just floating somehow... half the time i just try to ram a tank with the jet just to get some upgrade points...

[quote name='8bitArtist']i always love the ole "this guy is better than me, he must never turn his ps3 off" saying.

but yeah, we will trounce you. not because we play this 24 hours a day (CUZ WE TOTALLY DO!) its because we know the maps, know which guns to use and can fly/drive vehicles better than you.[/QUOTE]
Eh. To me a gun is a gun is a gun. If anything, I'd be the one constantly trying to get into tanks/planes/helis, since I hate playing straight deathmatch where you're overly exposed.

Mind ya, I'd probably also be one of the guys people would be trying to kick for using the MAV to get up to higher spots you're not supposed to be able to get to.

I guess the only way to actually get decent at a game like this is 'practice', huh? That's definitely not for me.

[quote name='8bitArtist']please meet my USAS with frag rounds sir. lol[/QUOTE]
Is that anything like my pistol in Saint's Row 3 with the explosive rounds or the one with the armor piercing rounds that I've even annihilated SWAT tanks with? If so, then sign me up.;)
Not really.

[quote name='Hostile']I'm quite amazed DICE hasn't been patching the game more often. I had more faith in DICE before BF3.[/QUOTE]

Have you run into anything major you feel needs patched?

In the Karkand maps one of the LMG's shows up above your head even when you look down the sights. The cursor doesn't even show up.

DICE has been doing a fair amount of hotfixes, which don't require QA approval. Socom, MW3/Black Ops and such have been using systems they can update on the fly. Not everything is hotfixable but the essentials are.

[quote name='floormat']Have you run into anything major you feel needs patched?[/QUOTE]

Nothing that's stopped me from playing it obviously but the squad audio problems definitely need fixing, USAS w/ frag rounds need tweaking (coming from someone who uses it), I would also like it to when a server loses players that the matchmaking would actually put them in those games, etc.

[quote name='8bitArtist']be nice if they say what the hotfixes are[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm told what they are it must be such minor things that I haven't noticed anything being changed.

I thought there was supposed to be a major update around the 1st day of the year but it never happened. Got about 1500 handgun kills now and about a 2.24 kd with a 2.2 w/l ratio. I have about 15% quits though because the menus suck and conquest is gay on almost all the maps. Still don't have a single jet or heli kill but who needs them when i have a magnum and a sniper(or assault rifle).
Still can't believe there is no practice mode for jets and how anti air missles are so shitty.

Dunno what happened but I've suddenly taken two spots in the top players of CAG stat page. Some of those scores are almost impossible to beat because they might have spent a few minutes with a class and racked up tons of points then never played them again.

bread's done
Back