Battlefield 3 - FREE for PS+ Members starting July 2nd!

^ I'd rape you!! lol...relax, just busting your balls. Seriously tho, they really need to fix the audio dropping out.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Boom i went 61 and 15 in Rush on caspian border yesterday. I sniped, used a aek, a tank, and a shotgun with nightvision i picked up off a dead guy. I even got 2 seperate grenade kills via parachute after using my spawn beacon. After that i got 3 headshots over 300 meters in one game and setting a new record for myself at 360. i believe some of you told me i would get raped cause i never played battlefield before but my kd is 1.9 and my winning % is 2.0.
You can grab the enemy from a few more yards away if you have your knife in hand already. And yes the hit detection for rockets can be very inaccurate.[/QUOTE]

congrats.

please post your sig or your battlelog stats to verify.

Ive put a bit of time into this game, but I was hopin someone would give me pointers on sniping. I cant figure out the whole distance + bullet drop thing.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Ive put a bit of time into this game, but I was hopin someone would give me pointers on sniping. I cant figure out the whole distance + bullet drop thing.[/QUOTE]
Those markings on the scope below the center mark are distance markers, each one represents feet in intervals of I believe about 100 feet. Line up with the center line and pick the appropriate distance mark, pull trigger and if you gauged the distance right, you have a headshot.

Lude i was just finishing my first half of an OE 40 when you messaged me the other day lol. i don't know how to really make sigs and shit but i did sign up for that gamercard site. If you want to verify my stats you'll have to tell me how to do that or type in my ea id on there site. Trees415in is my ea id and i believe you might remember my psn id, but i don't like to put it on here because of the butthurt i put on the gta4 ladies and there snappy attitude.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Lude i was just finishing my first half of an OE 40 when you messaged me the other day lol. i don't know how to really make sigs and shit but i did sign up for that gamercard site. If you want to verify my stats you'll have to tell me how to do that or type in my ea id on there site. Trees415in is my ea id and i believe you might remember my psn id, but i don't like to put it on here because of the butthurt i put on the gta4 ladies and their snappy attitude.[/QUOTE]
I think my kd will be above 2.0 at the end of the month! Just had a game where i got 366 and 368 meter headshots, the first time i actually used a bipod. I usually don't snipe when i am prone and try to usually not snipe more than 250 meters. Finallly got my support service star and it pains me to see alot of those guys never throwing ammo.

WEAPON
The gun's there, obviously. Little symbol and word to show what class the weapon belongs to.
An indicator as to which fire modes the weapon has, Auto, Burst, single.

DAMAGE
Two damage numbers and the drop off points indicated by the red lines.
It is important to note here that the kind of ammo a weapon uses is taken into account.
The bullet itself determines the damage and range, the weapon just shoots them, which is why most weapons have the same damage.
Bullets have varying SPEED and DROP values.

For damage multipliers, all weapons deliver:
2.0x to the Head
1.0x to the Body
0.9x to the Legs

AMMO
CAPACITY is pretty straightforward. The magazine plus one in the chamber if it works that way.
The RATE OF FIRE in rounds per minute.
Bolt action rifles and the 870MCS show the time to rechamber the weapon.
The AN-94 is unique in that its BURST RATE OF FIRE differs from it's fully automatic rate of fire.

RELOAD time when the weapon is partially full.
RELOAD EMPTY time when the weapon has been... emptied.
1stRELOAD for shotguns that reload one at a time.
NEXT REL. for all shotguns rounds after the first.

SPREAD
Weapons have an inherit inaccuracy when sighted.
For example the AK-74M has a 0.2 cone of fire when zoomed and standing still.

BASE Spread when standing still.
ZOOM Spread when sighted and still.
ZOOM MOVE Spread when sighted and moving.
Spread added PER SHOT, and the Spread RECOVERY per second.

NOTE: The behavior of Spread is more like Battlefield 2 than Bad Company 2.
The very low increase per shot and the high decrease per second may seem odd, but that is because the weapon does not gradually recover while you are firing, only after you have released the trigger.

SHOTGUNS have an inherit spread for Buckshot and Flechette.
The 870MCS only has a 2.0 cone of fire while the automatics have 4.0.
SLUG, SLUGZ and ZMOVE for their spread when using Slug or Frag rounds.

RECOIL
A fixed upwards number.
Two left-right numbers which make the area the weapon will randomly kick in.
A rapid recovery rate per second.

The FIRST SHOT taken with a weapon at rest has its recoil multiplied.
In nearly every weapon, the recoil is higher.
The AN-94 is unique in that its first shot recoils less, making its two round burst especially effective.

SHOTGUNS

Take note that the damage column along the shotguns are for the types of shot and not just to that particular shotgun.
Buckshot, Flechette, Frag, Slug for automatics and Slug for the 870MCS.

The FRAG shotgun round not only delivers impact damage, but has a small explosive blast of 40 damage over a 3 meter radius.
A point blank shot is capable of a one hit kill.

chartbase3.png

its good. i havent played the original maps except wake island. so i cant give you a good impression. wake is so small for rush. i noticed that they cycle the 4 new maps together. after that, then you back to the old maps.

the famas is nasty. i havent leveled it up all the way to my liking yet - holo/red + suppressor + foregrip. but it might give the f2000 a run for its money. its crazy accurate at long distances.

assignments (courtesy of ps3trophies.org)
Best Friend Forever - FAMAS
10 Revives
10 Heals

Fixing It - HK53
10 Repairs
Kill 1 enemy with Repair Torch

Let it Rain - QBB-95
20 kills with Light Machine Guns
2 Mortar Kills

Specops - QBU-88
20 kills with Sniper Rifles
5 Laser Designations

Familiar Territory - PP-19
Arm 10 MCOMs
Capture 10 flags
Play 2 hours on Karkand

Professional Russian - L85A2 ("Best Friends Forever" have to be completed first)
100 kills with Assault Rifles
20 kills with Underslung Grenade Launcher
Win 5 rounds of SQDM

It goes Boom! - QBZ-95B ("Fixing It" have to be completed first)
50 AT rocket kills
Destroy 1 enemy vehicle with Repair Torch
Win 5 rounds of Conquest

Keep your head down - MG36 ("Let it rain" have to be completed first)
100 kills with Light Machine Guns
50 Suppression Assists
50 Ammo Resupplies

Creeping Death - L96 ("Specops" have to be completed first)
50 Headshots
50 Spot Assists
5 Knife takedowns

Scarred Veteran - MK3A1 ("Familiar Territory" have to be completed first)
10 Kills with PP-19
5 kills in DPV Jeep
10 kills in BTR-90 IFV
Play 2 hours on Sharqi
Play 2 hours on Gulf of Oman

insane requirements for unlocking extra guns.

==========

8bit - good games with your squad and woym. i dont know why everytime i talked that the voice broke up. then i would hear you in broken phrases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow this back to kirkland took me 2 hours to download lol. Im going to be on tonight after a few mikes harder blueberry lemonades. I notice I do better when Im buzzing! Ill be on at 9pm Pacific us time

so annoying that if you didnt download karkand, you get kicked out all the time while playing if a new map comes up. they cant have servers that dont have the dlc maps in rotation? c'mon dice.

Played a little bit, tried coop, and I am liking the coop. I suck at flying and tried changing the controls to see if that would make it better, but not really. More time in the saddle is the only remedy. K/D is still shit, below 1.0 so I reckon unlocking better gear is one way to have a better chance of not dying.

[quote name='nakanenui']Played a little bit, tried coop, and I am liking the coop. I suck at flying and tried changing the controls to see if that would make it better, but not really. More time in the saddle is the only remedy. K/D is still shit, below 1.0 so I reckon unlocking better gear is one way to have a better chance of not dying.[/QUOTE]

The coop mission got me ok flying the chopper. I got the "don't use the fire extinguisher" achievement yesterday on easy and I was flying. I am a way better gunner but you will get better just keep playing that mission.

[quote name='8bitArtist']getting kills with the skid loader is so satisfying lol[/QUOTE]

i couldnt find it yet on wake. kept getting owned by helis. then i spent the rest of the matches trying to take them down.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Holy crap, I looove the Famas. New favorite gun.[/QUOTE]

Ya, its a beast. I used to use the aek, but the famas seems more accurate.

I think there's already plans by DICE to nerf the FAMAS. I gave it a-go but the default setup sucked so bad I don't know if I want to grind to get the better attachments.

im trying to level up the famas right now. man i hate 12 zoom that it started with and the iron sight is terrible. trying to unlock a reflex or holo quick.

[quote name='Hostile']I think there's already plans by DICE to nerf the FAMAS. I gave it a-go but the default setup sucked so bad I don't know if I want to grind to get the better attachments.[/QUOTE]

Well shit, do they have to nerf every gun thats useful?

[quote name='lude21']Ya, its a beast. I used to use the aek, but the famas seems more accurate.[/QUOTE]

i thought the famas is a bullpit aek. though i think the reload takes longer than most guns. it might not be op. but its the new flavor of the month. its one thing to get killed by the famas because its op vs most popular.

the battlefield 3 physical warfare pack that included some guns and stuff that originally was only available as a preorder bonus is now available to download for free

[quote name='8bitArtist']the battlefield 3 physical warfare pack that included some guns and stuff that originally was only available as a preorder bonus is now available to download for free
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update.

super douchebag award. i agree with the first guy... play the game the right way.

is there a hardcore mode on ps3?

[quote name='enufs8d']super douchebag award. i agree with the first guy... play the game the right way.

is there a hardcore mode on ps3?[/QUOTE]

yup. only differences are, you die easier, there is no killcam and team mates can kill you.

Thanks again for this post SynGamer! I just got my free 1943 Theme, Demo, and Full Copy activation code.

FAMAS might be my favorite weapon. Shoots as fast as the AEK and aims very well in bursts from long range and full-auto close-to-mid range. It was garbage until the ACOG but once you get RDS and Foregrip it becomes so damn good.

[quote name='8bitArtist']finally unlocked the USAS. jesus this gun is ridiculous now that i can actually use it.[/QUOTE]

better hurry and use it all the time. dice is nerfing auto shottys with frag amno in next ps3 patch (and mortars). its already been nerfed on pc side. ps3 patches need more time to go through red tape bs.

[quote name='8bitArtist']what are they doing to mortars? i dont really care for the frag ammo. what did they nerf on the pc side? damage, fire rate?[/QUOTE]

Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.
Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.
Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.
Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.
Fixed a bug where Ammo spec would give additional 40mm grenades instead of Frag spec.
Increased the number of additional 40mm grenades from Frag spec.
Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines.
Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.
Fixed several weapon descriptions, calibers, and fire rates. The weapons themselves have not changed.
Fixed so the M9 and MP443 pistol can be equipped by the opposing faction when it is unlocked at 100 kills.
Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast.
Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.
Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.
Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.
Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.
Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.
Increased the effective accuracy of long bursts for LMGs when using a bipod.
Slightly increased the range of the 44magnum bullets.
Increased the close range damage of 4.6x30mm and 5.7x28mm bullets.
Increased the reload time of the Mortar from 3.5sec to 4.8sec and increased the time it takes before a shell hits the ground.
Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45.
Increased the range and FOV for designating targets with the SOFLAM and vehicle Laser Designators.
Decreased the effectiveness of 12g FRAG ammo when equipped on semi-automatic and automatic shotguns.
Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.
Decreased the power of Miniguns against Jets and Helicopters.
Increased the power of Stingers against Jets.
Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased.
Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.
Added Single Shot to the AN94 as an available fire mode.
Slightly increased the recoil on the M416 and removed the Burst Fire mode (this weapon incorrectly had burst fire, which was not authentic).
Tweaked the spawns for TDM on Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar, Caspian Border, Seine Crossing, Operation Firestorm, Damavand Peak and Noshahar Canals
Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
Tweaked the Gas station Capture area on Conquest on Caspian Border
Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals

Hey guys I just applied to the platoon. Tired of playing with a bunch of rambos.

Origin ID: RuggedNevaSmoove
PSN ID: MadvillainMx

bread's done
Back