Battlefield 3 - FREE for PS+ Members starting July 2nd!

I just got into a match with a guy named DudebroFistbump. Not sure if he was a half-tucked douchebag or a manic griefing genious but his playstyle was pure unadulterated asshattery. (team killing, dropping grenades at the start of every spawn, running around in circles, and basically screwing-up left and right)

edit: Hmm...had someone walk in front of me and take the better part of a clip in their backside yet nothing. Now I really don't know what that guy was doing when he was slaughtering us.

edit2: OK now I just purposefully emptied 2 clips into a team mates back and he didn't die. Is friendly fire not enabled?

Last edited by a moderator:
After playing a bit more I think Dice has to patch...
1. random glitches (such as that damn kill cam from nowhere)
2. sound (definitely feels lack luster compared to bfbc2)
3. A F******G big message at the start of every match telling people to press select for spot and dpad for med/ammo packs
4. hit detection, sometimes I get a headshot by missing and/or get a knife to my face after unloading a clip onto an incoming enemy
5. knifing seems off
6. that one glitch when u spawn and you r missing ur gun

[quote name='NamPaehc']I think I read somewhere, maybe here, that the beta was submitted sometime in July.

Anyway, not to worry about bugs in the final product. I mean every game has bugs. Especially online titles. It is just that I think a lot of the glaring ones will be addressed prior to launch. And in this day and age, we'll see plenty of patches if need be.

The folks saying "it should be a demo/almost complete version" should realize that times have changed. Now days, code and be updated so quickly. I think the devs just haven't been communicating very well with just what the priority of the beta is (my guess is stress testing servers). A lot of times it seems that PR tries to blur the lines between demo and testing. So that might cloud things.[/QUOTE]Times have changed since when exactly? Bad Company 2 got a Beta in November of 09, 4 months before release. Medal of Honor got a Beta in June of 2010, 4 months before release. This Beta started with 28 days left on the clock.

[quote name='pLaYeRiTo']everybody now is hard wired into caring more about their kill/death ratio in matches over anything else, no matter the game mode, thanks to cod. its nice they put in laser flashes and lens flares so you can tell whose camping prone n what not, but alot of people (casual, on the fence between shooters, new to dice fps, etc) are gonna think this is how the game is going to be and be turned off by it.
overall the beta was probably a bad idea because of that. and since also nowadays "betas" are just a chance you get to play the game you reserved money for early for about a week or two, with no real or major changes in retail release[/QUOTE]
Bad Company 2 was the first to put your K/D into your forum sign via one of their player tags, I wouldn't blame Call of Duty for that one bit. If anything BC2 stepped up to compete with CoD which followed it up with Black Ops putting the k/d in the scoreboards. One-upmanship does not make either party right.

Played for a while and think that it has a lot of potential but I'm sure a ton of people are being turned off by the fact that it is a real slow paced kind of shooter. If you run around you will end up getting picked off so IMO I started sniping 100% very quickly.

Pulled a couple positive games and a couple negative games, but starting to get into the groove of it. Not a big fan of the map they offer (I think its just so big) and I think TDM would have been a better mode to add.

Normally don't play any FPS AT ALL, but since the Beta is free, I got it.
I've been sniping the fuck outta everybody for an hour. :)

I know this is the beta, but in the bfbc2 beta: you certainly got a better sense of what the game would feel like and the graphics were more polished, the character models and the environment.

I'm a little let down with this beta seeing as how it's closer to the release than bfbc2 beta was. Character models and everything outside of the underground subway section of the game seems very bland, like the shading and lighting work is missing. Along with the trees and rocks not being of high texture quality.

I know graphics > gameplay, but we expect more from this series.

Gameplay wise: it's very buggy and movement doesn't feel right just yet. Knifing is awkward and sometimes the knifing swipe completely misses, if you're right in front of him.

I'm kind of nervous. :(

I am glad the knifing is hard just like BC2. It should take time to put down the rifle pull out the knife and swipe.
That is one thing I didn't like about COD the knifing ease and the quickness of the kill. Not very cool.

[quote name='dejeckt']After playing a bit more I think Dice has to patch...
1. random glitches (such as that damn kill cam from nowhere)
2. sound (definitely feels lack luster compared to bfbc2)
3. A F******G big message at the start of every match telling people to press select for spot and dpad for med/ammo packs
4. hit detection, sometimes I get a headshot by missing and/or get a knife to my face after unloading a clip onto an incoming enemy
5. knifing seems off
6. that one glitch when u spawn and you r missing ur gun[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing people aren't spotting for terammates or using the med/ammo packs.

I agree 100% with #4 I unload a clip on a level nothing guy just to get killed by what seems like one shot from same said guy in the arm or hest or something.

The med packs though the killing happens to fast almost instant for them to be of use.

I think med packs are useful in the sense if people takes proper cover. I think this game will force players to utilize cover more efficiently.

I always try to be a team player, on defense I start the match by setting that spawn radio kit near a good cover spot by bomb site and play offensively. After death I go to assault class and lay med packs around the mobile spawn site and play defensively.

On offense it's all about momentum. Players have to hit the defenders before they organize. Again I start out as the sniper in order to place mobile spawn point aggressively (usually behind where defenders like to camp by bomb site). I usually play as engineer for the rockets (suprising how many people like to camp bomb site A in the metro).

I kinda wish more players would use mobile spawn points

I also forgot to mention...why does it take 2 seconds after you unscope and re-bolt the sniper rifle to be able to shoot again? Obviously it is hard to get into it at first for people who play CoD most of the time, but I do think it still has some serious problems.

Of course its only a beta and I am still getting into it (leveling up...so...slowly) but glitches (got killed from a guy under the map + bad lag sometimes) and some things with the weapons make me suspicious. I like it though so far.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I also forgot to mention...why does it take 2 seconds after you unscope and re-bolt the sniper rifle to be able to shoot again? Obviously it is hard to get into it at first for people who play CoD most of the time, but I do think it still has some serious problems.[/QUOTE]
That was the one reason I haven't messed with the bolt guns yet. In BC2 all of them were bolt action. It's their way of pushing realism on the players who choose the higher damage output bolt action guns. Nothing wrong with it overall, it's just completely confusing from never having to deal with it in such a manner previous for most "other" gamers.

[quote name='Mad39er']Times have changed since when exactly? Bad Company 2 got a Beta in November of 09, 4 months before release. Medal of Honor got a Beta in June of 2010, 4 months before release. This Beta started with 28 days left on the clock.[/QUOTE]

Times have changed in that work is being done on some many levels by so many people that they don't have to put the most latest version out there to test certain portions they need to address. The examples you shared, the developers might have been in a different situation in terms of staff, experience, and what they required from their potional community.

They have been internally testing for a long time. There are people within the company and outside of it who have been working on this thing night and day for a long time.

All I'm saying is that we know the version out there is old. What they have in house and what we see now I'm sure are no were near close to each other. That is the why I said the devs need to communicate more on just what they are having us test (be it server stress testing or whatever). Just sometimes PR gets in the way of them being direct with the community.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Times have changed in that work is being done on some many levels by so many people that they don't have to put the most latest version out there to test certain portions they need to address. The examples you shared, the developers might have been in a different situation in terms of staff, experience, and what they required from their potional community.

They have been internally testing for a long time. There are people within the company and outside of it who have been working on this thing night and day for a long time.

All I'm saying is that we know the version out there is old. What they have in house and what we see now I'm sure are no were near close to each other. That is the why I said the devs need to communicate more on just what they are having us test (be it server stress testing or whatever). Just sometimes PR gets in the way of them being direct with the community.[/QUOTE]I think the truth is even though BF3 is positioning themselves as direct competition for MW3, they've been beaten to the punch time and time again. The $1 million tourney at COD XP, Elite looking to trump the Battle Log and the fact that COD is largely finished at this point, just waiting to go gold if it hasn't already. They(EA/DICE/Virgin) just launched a $1.6 million dollar tourney for 2012, they've got another one coming up mid October for BF3. EA and DICE are reeling and this beta is an effort at recovering that lost momentum because the first thing they do is add that the Beta is live and to check it out in every f'ing article.

If they would just say they're testing the network code, I'd understand since there are dedicated servers. They're not, they're doing everything but addressing the community and clearing up this mess of confusion.

Edit: Clarified my post a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to remember, the Battlefield franchise was huge on the PC. which has been a "dying platform" for years depending on who you ask. So even being compared to and debated along side CoD is a HUGE success for DICE.

Think I read somewhere that even one of theirs knows they won't sell as much as CoD. 2nd place behind a giant like that is not something to be ashamed of.

There is update on the way btw:

he amounts of people flocking to our Open Beta is fantastic! We are happy to see so many players enjoy this Open Beta, and giving us their valuable feedback on the experience on the Battlelog forums.

This blog post is the first in a series of posts that will outline some of the changes we are making in the final game thanks to your feedback and participation in the Open Beta.

Come back regularly and stay tuned to the Battlelog forums and the News section in Battlelog for daily news and updates from DICE on how your playing the Open Beta is helping us make the final game better.

A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1
(Not a complete list – for up to date news, visit the News section in Battlelog)
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".

It feels like BC2 to me which is fine. I'm sure they'll fix all the problems they have now. I remember when BC2 went from closed beta to open beta how much had changed and how much better it was. I had swore I wasn't going to buy BC2 from what I saw in the closed beta but the open beta changed my mind. I hope the same will be true for this, and it'll be great when it is released.

[quote name='NamPaehc']You have to remember, the Battlefield franchise was huge on the PC. which has been a "dying platform" for years depending on who you ask. So even being compared to and debated along side CoD is a HUGE success for DICE.

Think I read somewhere that even one of theirs knows they won't sell as much as CoD. 2nd place behind a giant like that is not something to be ashamed of.

There is update on the way btw:[/QUOTE]
Oddly enough, even though they don't tell you your EA account is now your Origin account, that's what you have to use to log in and I never knew I had an Origin account until just now. However, I didn't find any further news other than maintenance. So a bit of a tease there. The Battlelog is rather nice though. I'm not sure how to take this update news because it's hard to find, off to dig through their forums instead of playing the game.

[quote name='NamPaehc']You have to remember, the Battlefield franchise was huge on the PC. which has been a "dying platform" for years depending on who you ask. So even being compared to and debated along side CoD is a HUGE success for DICE.

There is update on the way btw:[/QUOTE]

They've actually been very aggressive in saying they will beat COD. That the hold COD has on the market will be much smaller and die out like GH/Tony Hawk.

[quote name='Trakan']They've actually been very aggressive in saying they will beat COD. That the hold COD has on the market will be much smaller and die out like GH/Tony Hawk.[/QUOTE]
This. QFT.

[quote name='Mad39er']This. QFT.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Trakan']They've actually been very aggressive in saying they will beat COD. That the hold COD has on the market will be much smaller and die out like GH/Tony Hawk.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but every single COD released has outsold the one before it, and MW3 will be no different. In fact, not only the games but the DLC sales go up magnitudes per game. There is -0 chance BF3 will come close to MW3s numbers.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Sorry, but every single COD released has outsold the one before it, and MW3 will be no different. In fact, not only the games but the DLC sales go up magnitudes per game. There is -0 chance BF3 will come close to MW3s numbers.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm well aware. I was just stating how delusional EA is.

[quote name='Thongsy']It feels like BC2 to me which is fine. I'm sure they'll fix all the problems they have now. I remember when BC2 went from closed beta to open beta how much had changed and how much better it was. I had swore I wasn't going to buy BC2 from what I saw in the closed beta but the open beta changed my mind. I hope the same will be true for this, and it'll be great when it is released.[/QUOTE]

Actually doesn't feel like BC2 at all.. this feels more like MoH with a bigger map and vehicles. I actually liked both games but felt a lot of MoH maps were just too small.

I spent most of my time playing Recon on BC2, and swap it out to Engi or Medic once in a while.. on BF3 I think it would be the other way around.. of course this is just based on 1 Map.

[quote name='Mad39er']I think the truth is even though BF3 is positioning themselves as direct competition for MW3, they've been beaten to the punch time and time again. The $1 million tourney at COD XP, Elite looking to trump the Battle Log and the fact that COD is largely finished at this point, just waiting to go gold if it hasn't already. They(EA/DICE/Virgin) just launched a $1.6 million dollar tourney for 2012, they've got another one coming up mid October for BF3. EA and DICE are reeling and this beta is an effort at recovering that lost momentum because the first thing they do is add that the Beta is live and to check it out in every f'ing article.

If they would just say they're testing the network code, I'd understand since there are dedicated servers. They're not, they're doing everything but addressing the community and clearing up this mess of confusion.

Edit: Clarified my post a little.[/QUOTE]

It's at least a couple weeks behind the currentbuild at this point. With it releasing this late, I'm pretty sure most people see this as a server stress test more than an actual beta for improving the game mechanics. BF, for the past 5 or so years, have generally been the underdog. I don't see them as having already lost, if anything, this is a big year for the BF franchise as they already have over 1.25m pre-orders, and that was reported a few weeks ago.

EDIT: Really, these are two fairly different games trying to compete for the same audience. MW3 is still using the same dated engine, while BF3 Frostbite 2. It looks good, bright/colorful, and has a destructible environment...I find the opposite to be true for MW3. As far as gameplay, again, completely different. As someone who has played MW2 for the past couple of years, I can say with certainty that I'm tired of the same old shit.

My cousins installed the beta, so i decided to go back online and try it out again with them. I did a whole lot better, and you know why? I camped. I went on my stomach like a lil skank and just sniped away all match and got 30+ kills.

There are times where you're going to the next check point, you're running, spot someone, pull up sights and snipe the guy and its really satisfying, other times, it looks/feels like a real war. Problem is, the only way to experience this stuff is camping your ass off for most of the match, running to your next camping spot and hope you find someone to kill along the way. If you try to run and gun you are beyond dead. Its so slanted to camp playstyle that it borders on the absurd, imo of course.

There are some awesome times, but they seem quite rare.

[quote name='FlipSide']Actually doesn't feel like BC2 at all.. this feels more like MoH with a bigger map and vehicles. I actually liked both games but felt a lot of MoH maps were just too small.

I spent most of my time playing Recon on BC2, and swap it out to Engi or Medic once in a while.. on BF3 I think it would be the other way around.. of course this is just based on 1 Map.[/QUOTE]

Well I didn't play MoH so I can't compare it to that. But the overall feel with it being Rush and having squads and defending M-Com stations. I played every class but Recon on BC2 tossing out health packs, ammos and repairing stuff. I'm kind of bored of online gaming and shooters in general at this point but if my friend gets it, it'll be a day 1 purchase for me.

And everybody needs to stop playing this like CoD and worrying about KDR. fucking defend the M-Com stations and defuse them when armed. If all you want to do is kill and get your KDR up, go back to CoD.

So this game will definitely be all about teamwork. No more of that 1-man army crap. Sadly, everyone in the beta seems more concerned with sitting back and sniping...or rushing without support/backup and dying one after another. Can only imagine how fun it is with a group of friends who know what they are doing.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Sorry, but every single COD released has outsold the one before it, and MW3 will be no different. In fact, not only the games but the DLC sales go up magnitudes per game. There is -0 chance BF3 will come close to MW3s numbers.[/QUOTE]
Well, lets be honest here: core 360 fans don't have much to play on Live every year outside of annual milkfare. I'm curious to see if GoW3 would soften their numbers a bit this year, though. Would be hard to tell anyway given BF3.

[quote name='Jodou']Well, lets be honest here: core 360 fans don't have much to play on Live every year outside of annual milkfare. I'm curious to see if GoW3 would soften their numbers a bit this year, though. Would be hard to tell anyway given BF3.[/QUOTE]

on Gears 3's launch week, BLOPS was still the #1 played game on xbox live. There is no stopping calladoody for the moment.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Well this is what I was referring to.[/QUOTE]
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/19/ea-and-activisions-cat-fight-gets-seriously-insulting/
While that is Trakan's example, there are at least 5 more press releases that are extremely similar and use the word competitor, directly from the EA camp. EA has been particularly nasty about BF3. It's not COD bashing on BF, it's quite the other way around. Also consider the audience, CFO was talking to investors and not gamers/to each other. He has an obligation to tell his investors the actual truth.
[quote name='FlipSide']Actually doesn't feel like BC2 at all.. this feels more like MoH with a bigger map and vehicles. I actually liked both games but felt a lot of MoH maps were just too small.

I spent most of my time playing Recon on BC2, and swap it out to Engi or Medic once in a while.. on BF3 I think it would be the other way around.. of course this is just based on 1 Map.[/QUOTE]MoH was an improvement over BC2 in the "feel" area of moving around and such, BC2 always felt very clunky to me, which is why it probably feels like MoH. Running around also very much better in MoH than BC2 because you freaking stomped like you were pissed off every step you took. The only thing I don't like is how BF3 moves the camera up and down to mimic somebody tripping or whatever. Realism is great and I understand pushing that bit but every bit of destructable environment will favor the Defenders heavily if they just pockmark the whole route so every attacker's camera is bouncing around.

[quote name='SynGamer']It's at least a couple weeks behind the currentbuild at this point. With it releasing this late, I'm pretty sure most people see this as a server stress test more than an actual beta for improving the game mechanics. BF, for the past 5 or so years, have generally been the underdog. I don't see them as having already lost, if anything, this is a big year for the BF franchise as they already have over 1.25m pre-orders, and that was reported a few weeks ago.

EDIT: Really, these are two fairly different games trying to compete for the same audience. MW3 is still using the same dated engine, while BF3 Frostbite 2. It looks good, bright/colorful, and has a destructible environment...I find the opposite to be true for MW3. As far as gameplay, again, completely different. As someone who has played MW2 for the past couple of years, I can say with certainty that I'm tired of the same old shit.[/QUOTE]Not everything is destructable in Metro, a lot of walls aren't and if they are, they're often only destructable with rockets and not grenades. Bullets will not take down a wall for instance but I'm sure that's just the need to fully finish fleshing out the destro-engine aspects.

You're in for more of a taste of MW2 than you think. ADS is back baby. Gone is the retarded hipfire accuracy that negated the need to aim. While handguns you don't have to aim, panic firing an AR from the hip is a lot less reliable than it was in BC2. If you don't believe it, run around getting into surprise encounters vs advancing with ADS up, the survival rate is 75% higher in ADS firefights in the Metro tunnels. More of my MW2 skills translate towards the closer quarters battle than traditional BC2 longer range fights. The difference is you advance, stop and group up and do it again simply because of the map size.

[quote name='SynGamer']So this game will definitely be all about teamwork. No more of that 1-man army crap. Sadly, everyone in the beta seems more concerned with sitting back and sniping...or rushing without support/backup and dying one after another. Can only imagine how fun it is with a group of friends who know what they are doing.[/QUOTE]The beta is largely unplayable when you get grouped with the supreme team of nubs. While it's not "1-man army" as you gents put it, a really really good player can make the difference of defending the M-Coms barely and pushing the attackers back, there is nothing wrong with a player who can kick massive amounts of ass and people need to get over that. In fact harrying the attackers as they advance is an awesome tactic that works best by individual defenders to lighten the load on the main defending force. You won't see the CoD style killstreaks influencing the course of a match but you will see the true talent of gunslingers, moreso now that the CoD style health is in this than the old BC2 empty half a mag into somebody before they die health.

Anyone feel that the walls don't blow up like the use to? Any idea how to use c4 effectively (besides mcom baiting)?

Definitely playing better today, play style became more cautious. Also, noticed that no/quick scoping seems improbable (unlike Vietnam). Also it's too damn hard to revive anyone. Sniping got a lot more difficult (in my opinion). I'm not sure how some players could snipe the entire game. I really hat bombsite A on metro part, people camp the bathroom stalls like crazy.

[quote name='dejeckt']Anyone feel that the walls don't blow up like the use to? Any idea how to use c4 effectively (besides mcom baiting)?

Definitely playing better today, play style became more cautious. Also, noticed that no/quick scoping seems improbable (unlike Vietnam). Also it's too damn hard to revive anyone. Sniping got a lot more difficult (in my opinion). I'm not sure how some players could snipe the entire game. I really hat bombsite A on metro part, people camp the bathroom stalls like crazy.[/QUOTE]Walls definitely do not blow up if they're thicker style load bearing walls. In the Metro tunnels there are a few sections that blow up nicely but largely stuff down there doesn't like to blow up. You can open up a few walls but usually with rockets.

The battle rifles allow for more run and gun and occasional panic spamming since they're semi-auto. It's not as reliable as a handgun but I've had to panic shoot the SVD and the M11 with decent success.

As for reviving, it's somewhat accurate, like 60% of the time if you're not standing, 80-90% if you are. If you run by and stand near them, zap the chest, they usually come back to life but if you stand over them they tend not to revive until you move off them and try again. Very inconsistent. I do my best revives standing as prone and crouched aren't anywhere near as accurate.

[quote name='SnoT']

I'm loving this game, i totally disagree with that Taco dude...you definitely dont have to camp to do good. If you have to do that you have no skills. I went 32-7 last night just doin my thing :) If you want to run around like a moron shooting people, please play your casual COD game :) BF3 is supposed to be realistic. I think most of you are confusing camping with taking cover. I'm never in one place for too long (i go where im needed), but when im on the move, i take cover as i go. I could care less about camping, but spawn camping is a pussys game.

Hit me up if you want to play, i always use assault class, use med packs and revive people. I dont snipe. Im a lvl 27 with 1,087K and 588D (1.85 KD) 1.87 win/loss ratio-15hr 44m played-368 spm. This battlelog thing is pretty sweet!

[quote name='JungleRot']wtf is up with all the map holes? people shooting me from under the map is BS.[/QUOTE]

Ya, its a bad glitch, but it mainly happens at the first A-COM by that sink hole. Just avoid it, it pisses me off too,lol. I hate those types of people who exploit glitches. I fell in it a few times, but managed to get out by running and jumping. If i cant, i just suicide.

BTW, do any of you guys know how to spot?, in BFBC2, you pressed up on the d-pad if i remember correctly.

[quote name='lude21']Ya, its a bad glitch, but it mainly happens at the first A-COM by that sink hole. Just avoid it, it pisses me off too,lol. I hate those types of people who exploit glitches. I fell in it a few times, but managed to get out by running and jumping. If i cant, i just suicide.[/QUOTE]

LOL I had to suicide it too.

I am on a bad team right now. My whole team keeps running away from the m-coms and I mean running away. They are all just running and running ignoring the stations and orders. ARggg...fun when you have some decent people but agonizing when you don't.

[quote name='lude21']Ya, its a bad glitch, but it mainly happens at the first A-COM by that sink hole. Just avoid it, it pisses me off too,lol. I hate those types of people who exploit glitches. I fell in it a few times, but managed to get out by running and jumping. If i cant, i just suicide.

BTW, do any of you guys know how to spot?, in BFBC2, you pressed up on the d-pad if i remember correctly.[/QUOTE]
Spot is the Select button. I'm trying to figure out how to change the rate of fire, I'm very confused about that one but I'm thinking the only button left is Circle since it doesn't seem to do anything else.

[quote name='syngamer']so this game will definitely be all about teamwork. No more of that 1-man army crap. Sadly, everyone in the beta seems more concerned with sitting back and sniping...or rushing without support/backup and dying one after another. Can only imagine how fun it is with a group of friends who know what they are doing.[/quote]

exactly!

[quote name='Mad39er']Spot is the Select button. I'm trying to figure out how to change the rate of fire, I'm very confused about that one but I'm thinking the only button left is Circle since it doesn't seem to do anything else.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thx dude! Rate of fire change is down on d-pad.

damn everyone on my team has med kits we are now all finally holding down and defending and yet not one effin person drops med packs.

[quote name='JungleRot']LOL I had to suicide it too.

I am on a bad team right now. My whole team keeps running away from the m-coms and I mean running away. They are all just running and running ignoring the stations and orders. ARggg...fun when you have some decent people but agonizing when you don't.[/QUOTE]

Oh...man, that sux...lol. Ya, it sux when most of your team are worthless. Sounds like a game i played yesterday, i was pissed cuz my team blew....then there was this one guy who kept on shouting "this game sucks so bad" every 30 seconds or so. I realized he was saying it every time he died! LMAO. I think he ended up goin like 3-24 with barely any points.

It aggravates me when people dont take the time to improve, and say the game sucks just because they suck.

Did this glitch/bug ever happen to you guys? On the third round our team manage to get mcom B and just as A was to explode I die. In death cam I heard A exploding, but when I respawn both A and B is back again.

Also, try using the sniper rifle without scope attachment. Consistently good, can take anyone out in 2-3 shots and recoil seems less than most other guns.

[quote name='dejeckt']
Also, try using the sniper rifle without scope attachment. Consistently good, can take anyone out in 2-3 shots and recoil seems less than most other guns.[/QUOTE]

This is great for the cramped tunnels in the subway system. :bouncy:

I didn't like it. Didn't convince me to get into Battlefield when I could not stand Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 1943. While I feel CoD is overrated, I still rather play it.

BF:BC3 is no surprise as it continues its style of slower-paced, team based FPS warfare. I read through several pages and seen people griping about the pace, the knife stabbings, sniping speed, etc etc. Everything mentioned has been seen in predecessor BF:BC2. With that being said, I am certain BC3 will still be a sucess and only appeal to those who sway this way. COD is a great game and I intend on purchasing that too, but again, both games provide two unique experiences.

Lastly, BC2 or 3 is truly great when you have a squad/team/friends you play with. it sucks when you play solo and everyone else are not helping out with the M-Coms or reviving you.

For me, BF really shines you are apart of a good squad.

CoD you can roll solo a lot more.

You're not getting the real experience of BF with random, uncoordinated groups.

[quote name='Average Gamer']BF:BC3 is no surprise as it continues its style of slower-paced, team based FPS warfare. I read through several pages and seen people griping about the pace, the knife stabbings, sniping speed, etc etc. Everything mentioned has been seen in predecessor BF:BC2. With that being said, I am certain BC3 will still be a sucess and only appeal to those who sway this way. COD is a great game and I intend on purchasing that too, but again, both games provide two unique experiences.

Lastly, BC2 or 3 is truly great when you have a squad/team/friends you play with. it sucks when you play solo and everyone else are not helping out with the M-Coms or reviving you.[/QUOTE]

That is my BF issue. Very slow and not good to go solo like CoD.

I kinda disagree, once you get use to BF you can definitely go solo. However, you either have to sacrifice either k/d ratio or w/l ratio. If my teams is absolutely garbage I go out on my own (cause I can't ever seem to switch squads).

Key things to remember playing solo...

When playing to win-
*Always take the longer route
*Avoid fire fights if possible, but feel free to knife anyone who isn't looking.
*Drop a tactical insertion kit
*Even if there are players around mcom don't be afraid of arming, especially if there is a lot of players (logic is that players will ease up staring at the mcom cause he/she is sure one of his/her team mate is keeping an eye on it, but the problem is everyone else thinks that)
*Hide after arming. Wait 3-5 seconds and then toss a nade at mcom.
*After nade Rambo that area, most likely get you killed but buys time.

For kills-
*Same thing as above but avoid shenanigans as arming the mcom
*Always have a close hiding spot/ escape before you take any shot

Not impossible to solo bf3, just have to be a bit more creative

bread's done
Back