Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

[quote name='TiKi2']You need the G3 with a heavy barrel and use pellets. You have to upgrade the m26 mass to an m26 dart. The thing is like the golden gun from the oldschool n64 goldeneye days. Each pellet has 4% damage. Point blank it is 400% damage . Unstoppable at short to medium range. I've also seen people snipe with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was using the G3 with the M26 Dart. Opinion stands.

[quote name='randomevent']I was pretty excited for the rent-a-server because I thought it would be great to make my own map rotations. Too bad no one joins my server... Everyone online seemingly wants to play "METRO 500% TICKETS 870/DAO-12 ONLY LOL." I don't mind infantry based gameplay, but damn, I don't want to play on the same map for 1.5 hours...

Anyway, it's pretty annoying to rent a server but not have anyone join. So I'm hoping some CAGs would be interested in checking out my server. I mix Rush and Conquest, with normal tickets. The map rotation includes every map except Noshahr Canals (I loathe that map). However, if people actually come play on my server, I'm glad to take requests.

Server name: Rush and Conquest/All map types/Normal tickets
Server region: EAST US
Server end date: 05/06/2012 (give me a reason to extend)

If you want to play NORMAL BF3, please give my server a chance if you happen to have the time. I'd really like to be able to play on a server that has a regular BF3 experience without 8 billion tickets... Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Ok found it --- 0 players

ill gladly check your server out later and see if anyone is on, random.

searched for your server, no one was in it. said screw it and joined it anyway. 5 mins later we had players, not long after the lobby was damn near full.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap, I just got home, and I must have missed everyone on the server. Hopefully I can get more people again. Thanks for checking out the server guys!

EDIT: I'm usually on every night after 11 PM to 12 AM EST until 4 AM EST. I play late.

[quote name='oasisboy']And that makes me very happy.[/QUOTE]

Can't tell if srs...

If so may literally be the dumbest post I've ever read.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Can't tell if srs...

If so may literally be the dumbest post I've ever read.[/QUOTE]

I concur. If I really wanted to play CoD, I'd play CoD. I play BF3 for the larger maps and vehicles, and I play CoD for the faster paced action and smaller maps. And quite frankly, BF3 is horribly adapted for smaller maps, shotguns in BF3 are ridiculously overpowered in close quarters in BF3, which normally isn't an issue since most of the maps are fairly big anyways, but on smaller maps, they'd be too overpowered. And we all know that the small maps are just gonna be filled with shotgun, RPG, and grenade spam.

[quote name='MrPiggles']I concur. If I really wanted to play CoD, I'd play CoD. I play BF3 for the larger maps and vehicles, and I play CoD for the faster paced action and smaller maps. And quite frankly, BF3 is horribly adapted for smaller maps, shotguns in BF3 are ridiculously overpowered in close quarters in BF3, which normally isn't an issue since most of the maps are fairly big anyways, but on smaller maps, they'd be too overpowered. And we all know that the small maps are just gonna be filled with shotgun, RPG, and grenade spam.[/QUOTE]

Care to elaborate? I couldn't disagree more. In Bad Company 2, you could practically snipe with them. In BF3, I get hit markers for days.

[quote name='Trakan']Care to elaborate? I couldn't disagree more. In Bad Company 2, you could practically snipe with them. In BF3, I get hit markers for days.[/QUOTE]

Not doing it right then

[quote name='MrPiggles']I concur. If I really wanted to play CoD, I'd play CoD. I play BF3 for the larger maps and vehicles, and I play CoD for the faster paced action and smaller maps. And quite frankly, BF3 is horribly adapted for smaller maps, shotguns in BF3 are ridiculously overpowered in close quarters in BF3, which normally isn't an issue since most of the maps are fairly big anyways, but on smaller maps, they'd be too overpowered. And we all know that the small maps are just gonna be filled with shotgun, RPG, and grenade spam.[/QUOTE]

see, this is all a matter of opinion. i personally dont like the vehicles, and in some ways they can ruin the fun... ever join 5 games in a row where your team is spawn trapped and being destroyed by vehicles? not fun at all. i really like playing as a foot soldier, and while i could go play cod (and i do play alot of cod :p )i like the feel of battlefield, the recoil (adds a little more challenge) , the overall look, i really like the fact that you can point right at me with a sniper rifle across the map and you wont kill me. but most of all, i really like how there are more people actually playing the game, and not just kill whoring. so for someone like me there is alot of reasons i play battlefield instead of always playing cod. that said, im looking forward to the close quarters pack and i am glad it looks a little more cod-like :). if you could look at my vehicle time, i bet it doesnt make up more then 5% of my play time, i would say 1% (and that may be true) but i ji-had jeep'ed quite a bit lol.

I'm one of those who hates the vehicles too. I like playing the smaller maps with maybe just one tank When I played BF2 on the pc days, I did only infantry. I was glad to see them go back to BF like the pc instead of the Bad Company gameplay.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I'm one of those who hates the vehicles too. I like playing the smaller maps with maybe just one tank When I played BF2 on the pc days, I did only infantry. I was glad to see them go back to BF like the pc instead of the Bad Company gameplay.[/QUOTE]

If you played BF2 on PC, then you must remember the all infantry grenade fests on Karkand don't you?

The vehicles are great on pc but not that amazing on console. If I was with 8 jets and 3 or 4 copters and half a dozen tanks I would want them more.

Plus again, dont be the douche who wants everything new to actually be old...let them try something new for god sakes. They already announced that there will be a classic BF pack coming out second...what more do you want? Not really talking about anyone in here just commenting on how over the top never pleased gamers are.

[quote name='randomevent']I was pretty excited for the rent-a-server because I thought it would be great to make my own map rotations. Too bad no one joins my server... Everyone online seemingly wants to play "METRO 500% TICKETS 870/DAO-12 ONLY LOL." I don't mind infantry based gameplay, but damn, I don't want to play on the same map for 1.5 hours...

Anyway, it's pretty annoying to rent a server but not have anyone join. So I'm hoping some CAGs would be interested in checking out my server. I mix Rush and Conquest, with normal tickets. The map rotation includes every map except Noshahr Canals (I loathe that map). However, if people actually come play on my server, I'm glad to take requests.

Server name: Rush and Conquest/All map types/Normal tickets
Server region: EAST US
Server end date: 05/06/2012 (give me a reason to extend)

If you want to play NORMAL BF3, please give my server a chance if you happen to have the time. I'd really like to be able to play on a server that has a regular BF3 experience without 8 billion tickets... Thank you.[/QUOTE]

how come you changed the tickets in conquest to 1000 ticket games? just had the most annoyingly long and drawn out game ive ever played on op. firestorm, and normally id just leave, but i didnt leave because i was the mvp and i wanted the ribbon. let me know if you decide to change it back to normal bf3 ticket's and ill check it out again.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The vehicles are great on pc but not that amazing on console. If I was with 8 jets and 3 or 4 copters and half a dozen tanks I would want them more.

Plus again, dont be the douche who wants everything new to actually be old...let them try something new for god sakes. They already announced that there will be a classic BF pack coming out second...what more do you want? Not really talking about anyone in here just commenting on how over the top never pleased gamers are.[/QUOTE]

I just feel like with the CQC pack, they're going in the opposite direction they really should be going. And given the current mechanics in BF3, CQC don't really seem like they'll work well in BF3 IMO

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']how come you changed the tickets in conquest to 1000 ticket games? just had the most annoyingly long and drawn out game ive ever played on op. firestorm, and normally id just leave, but i didnt leave because i was the mvp and i wanted the ribbon. let me know if you decide to change it back to normal bf3 ticket's and ill check it out again.[/QUOTE]

My bad. My friend and I were practicing sniping at 5 AM, and I forgot to reset the server. I'll change it back. Sorry about that.

Not that I've checked the entire last 20 pages, but am I the only one around here who feels the Xbox 360 Battlefield 3 experience has gone downhill drastically since server rentals came to exist?

Finding balanced matches got that much harder.

[quote name='ianoid']Not that I've checked the entire last 20 pages, but am I the only one around here who feels the Xbox 360 Battlefield 3 experience has gone downhill drastically since server rentals came to exist?

Finding balanced matches got that much harder.[/QUOTE]

It has, I had decided to make a conquest server(I have to re-rent it) with standard BF 3 rules and most of the maps to play the the way I enjoyed it upon release. I hate all of these wonky servers and it sucks that when you do quick match they throw you in some of these instead of official dice servers.

I that the problem is that the amount of rent a severs that have sprung up has somehow pushed the real servers into obscurity.

When I get on, I cant even find a damn sever that makes any sense...I really dont want to play on some kids jib jab rules server.

Because of their bullshit server shutdowns before this even happened I'd already decided to never purchase a new EA game or online pass for any EA game ever again, so I guess I can't do anything else to show my displeasure. But this fucking BULLSHIT official server removal has certainly cemented that I won't be changing my stance.

[quote name='TiKi2']js1 what is the name of the server?[/QUOTE]

I will be sure to post it here as of this moment it is not up, I rented it only for a day to check it out and will have it back up in a week or so.

Yeah this is kinda bullshit. I understand the reasoning though why have your own severs if there are a bunch of dolts paying to do the same thing. But you still have to have enough official ones to fulfill your end of tr bargain.

I don't mind taking away a bunch of them but to have a 1:10 ratio of official to random guys sever is lame.

What is the deal with the bitching about servers? I always play standard EA servers with no issues. It just takes an additional 15 seconds to find an EA server and join. Am I the only one that can easily find EA servers?

Last Sunday I found a server called "Dice Developer Server" and I thought this was some dumbass hosting a server but I joined and to my surprise there were actual DICE employees playing. Pretty cool.

I mostly play TDM on BF3 because the experience to me feels like an upgrade of COD. I like the recoil, the strategy when choosing weapons and add-ons. The engine is WAY better than the COD engine which is frankly outdated. So yes, I love the COD gameplay but BF3 improves things which makes for a better experience. I am not a helicopter, vehicle lover and I don't have the patience to play in huge maps to capture flags. Just give me my small maps and let me kill some people.

During a Reddit chat, one of the DICE guys said the reason the "official" servers aren't showing up anymore is b/c people are renting them out. All of the rented servers are the ones that used to be standard EA ones. They say b/c the rental program is so popular that's why there's not that many EA standard servers.

The DICE person seemed to be shocked about people complaining there's no EA servers anymore b/c there was so much demand from console users about being able to rent servers like on PC and he said he would take that feedback back to DICE to see if maybe they can keep a few servers in reserve to be standard rules/maps.

[quote name='MSUHitman']During a Reddit chat, one of the DICE guys said the reason the "official" servers aren't showing up anymore is b/c people are renting them out. All of the rented servers are the ones that used to be standard EA ones. They say b/c the rental program is so popular that's why there's not that many EA standard servers.

The DICE person seemed to be shocked about people complaining there's no EA servers anymore b/c there was so much demand from console users about being able to rent servers like on PC and he said he would take that feedback back to DICE to see if maybe they can keep a few servers in reserve to be standard rules/maps.[/QUOTE]

I never have problems finding DICE servers. I don't understand what the fuss is about. I will say though that it is somewhat hard to find EA servers that include the Karkland maps.

I literally just picked this game up (late to the party, I know) and I was totally confused what this server update is all about. I literally downloaded the server update, then deleted it since I could no longer find official servers.

That seemed to do the trick — I was able to get into official servers with my buddy. I don't want to play random servers where I was getting booted for being a low level.

This happened to me several weeks ago on TDM. Notice anything wrong with this picture?

BF3.jpg

[quote name='oasisboy']What is the deal with the bitching about servers? I always play standard EA servers with no issues. It just takes an additional 15 seconds to find an EA server and join. Am I the only one that can easily find EA servers?

Last Sunday I found a server called "Dice Developer Server" and I thought this was some dumbass hosting a server but I joined and to my surprise there were actual DICE employees playing. Pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't played the game in awhile because I picked it up right around Skyrim. Firgured double XP weekend was a good enough reason to get back into it. Apparently there was an issue with DICE run servers over the weekend, but no matter what I did I couldn't find any official servers at all. After updating everything Quick Match just put me into some different random rules games, and no matter what I filtered all the results were various rented servers.

After being away from it for awhile I just wanted to play the game. A bunch of updates and then a screen full of odd server names put me off. Yeah it's cute how some people manage to fit in drug names or KKK into their server name, but those rooms sound like they'd be full of people I typically mute on Live. Games I did get into weren't stable. I regret not trying to get in more time with it before all this. Got enough backlog as it is, game is getting traded.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I hadn't played the game in awhile because I picked it up right around Skyrim. Firgured double XP weekend was a good enough reason to get back into it. Apparently there was an issue with DICE run servers over the weekend, but no matter what I did I couldn't find any official servers at all. After updating everything Quick Match just put me into some different random rules games, and no matter what I filtered all the results were various rented servers.

[/QUOTE]

I am starting to think I am just blessed with my luck in finding regular EA servers. Yesterday I played from 7pm to 9pm Central time and saw at least 12 EA servers to choose from. I jumped in to one that had Karkland maps and played for 2 hours with zero issues at all. Do you guys know how to search for EA servers? They all are named something like P298033 or something like that.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I hadn't played the game in awhile because I picked it up right around Skyrim. Firgured double XP weekend was a good enough reason to get back into it. Apparently there was an issue with DICE run servers over the weekend, but no matter what I did I couldn't find any official servers at all. After updating everything Quick Match just put me into some different random rules games, and no matter what I filtered all the results were various rented servers.

After being away from it for awhile I just wanted to play the game. A bunch of updates and then a screen full of odd server names put me off. Yeah it's cute how some people manage to fit in drug names or KKK into their server name, but those rooms sound like they'd be full of people I typically mute on Live. Games I did get into weren't stable. I regret not trying to get in more time with it before all this. Got enough backlog as it is, game is getting traded.[/QUOTE]

Yeah — imagine having never played this game online until this weekend like me. I had no idea what the hell was going on. I never was able to get into an official server.

[quote name='RudyPants']Yeah — imagine having never played this game online until this weekend like me. I had no idea what the hell was going on. I never was able to get into an official server.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, that sucks.

I've run across a problem, everytime I start my game I get a message saying "game file corrupt" bla bla. Then after I continue I get like 20 pop ups saying "online pass unlocked", "map packs unlocked", bla bla anything I have unlocked or had access to before hand.

It also resets all of my weapon loadouts and removes my favourited servers. Anyone ran into this problem? Anything I can do?

I remember getting a weird error (I still get it) when I play Bad Company 2. For some reason after a while I would get some message about my rank being decreased or increased.. then in game my weapon loadouts would be removed.. Its very frustrating.

Ohhh that sucks....I dont know.

On other note I found like 10 official dice servers and have gone back to playing this. Played a couple hours today and it was a blast...the only thing that sucks is the fact that there seems to be no rush only server...they are all a mix of gamemodes. Which wouldnt be bad if both teams had a shot a attack and defend on rush...they literally give you one round and then leave.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I've run across a problem, everytime I start my game I get a message saying "game file corrupt" bla bla. Then after I continue I get like 20 pop ups saying "online pass unlocked", "map packs unlocked", bla bla anything I have unlocked or had access to before hand.

It also resets all of my weapon loadouts and removes my favourited servers. Anyone ran into this problem? Anything I can do?

I remember getting a weird error (I still get it) when I play Bad Company 2. For some reason after a while I would get some message about my rank being decreased or increased.. then in game my weapon loadouts would be removed.. Its very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

That happens if you turn off your xbox while it is saving. Right after a match it saves.

I just reset my save, never really going to play single player again.. I still have to play through on Hard but i'd need to start over anyway.

Same price as Call of Duty Elite, BUT you also get new vehicles, weapons, dog tags, assignments, and game modes. Seems like a much better deal. I just don't like dropping $50 worth of DLC on a single game.

Map pack comes out on the 4th with another 200 or so fixes for the game. So what you will but this has by FAR been the most supported FPS game that I have every played. Its been out almost a year and we have had 2 map packs one free, 3 updates with another on the way....

What more do you want?

[quote name='saunderscowie']I just reset my save, never really going to play single player again.. I still have to play through on Hard but i'd need to start over anyway.[/QUOTE] You don't need to reset it. Just reconfig your weapons again and when you exit or finish a match let it save and that should do it.

bread's done
Back