Best Buy - $100 Gift Card w/160GB PS3 Purchase

[quote name='DerClaw']I haven't flipped a video game in a while (too many PS3 flips lately) but maybe I'll have to look into this and see if I can get something to justify the trip to BB :)[/QUOTE]
MUST hurry. they will change and block the coupons.

Have other rerailers been matching each others' GC offers lately, looks like it. Might we expect someone to offer a $100 GC in response? Or is this a sign that a new sku might be coming?

I wonder if anyone has been able to get the Target $160 GC deal this week??? Those who kept a coupon hoping for a price drop.

I'm gonna try Thur.

[quote name='HarryManback']I wonder if anyone has been able to get the Target $160 GC deal this week??? Those who kept a coupon hoping for a price drop.

I'm gonna try Thur.[/QUOTE]

It definitely worked tonight. I bought two Blops bundles and got 160 GC for both. Wish I had waited with my other coupons! I think it's YMMV -- it's unclear from the add if it's supposed to work -- so I'd go sooner rather than later.

I dont know if anybody tried this but - Sears has the black ops 160 gb bundle with (2) ps3 games (Games are Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 or GOW 3) for $300. If you bring the flyer to BB and get a price match (They will ring both games for $0.01 each). ONce the manager walks away, give the cashier the $100 gift card offer.
PS3
Black OPS
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
$300.02 + $100 Gift Card

[quote name='white3er']I dont know if anybody tried this but - Sears has the black ops 160 gb bundle with (2) ps3 games (Games are Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 or GOW 3) for $300. If you bring the flyer to BB and get a price match (They will ring both games for $0.01 each). ONce the manager walks away, give the cashier the $100 gift card offer.
PS3
Black OPS
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
$300.02 + $100 Gift Card[/QUOTE]

That would be a sweet deal!

Cool, I'm happy now, not gonna bother trying anything else.

I had purchased last week the 160gb + $50GC from BB. Saw this coupon and wanted to see if it would work with the Black Ops bundle. Went in and grabbed a PS3 Bops bundle, went to the younger lady in line and let her scan the bundle and she ask edabout the protection plan blah blah. I let her talk and then I gave my her my nice, color printed coupon haha and she looked at it, and scanned it. Scanned perfectly, she was surprised asking how the hell I got that coupon, just told her it was through email =) and got the $100 gift card. later she was like ooh it must be because you're a premier silver.. "umm sure"
anyway I used my $50 GC I got from my first PS3 and then paid the difference ~$270. So now I'll just return in full the PS3 I got last week and get refunded the difference of the GC. Thanks OP!

[quote name='isofan1']I bought a PS3 from bestbuy two weeks ago and it came with a $60 giftcard would they price match their own offer if I came back with the receipt and coupon?[/QUOTE]

Go in with ur receipt and try ASAP. I think the window is 14 days. They should do it no problem as long as ur in the return/exchange window.

Yeah! Got a BLOPS one with the coupon. I also picked up a LBP GOTY/Dual Shock 3 Controller bundle on clearance for $41 too. I used $135 in gift cards. Gonna sell LBP and Black Ops to really get my purchase total down. Thanks for the coupon OP.

[quote name='Serpentor']Damn, those PS3 deals are tempting... Already have two, maybe I should save the money for Vita.[/QUOTE]

Heh, you sound as bad as me.

I may well cave and buy a second PS3 for use as a Blu Ray player and streaming device in the living room...does those things well, and sooner or later I'll want to play games in t here too.

Has anyone gotten Best Buy to price match the $60 from Target by reducing it from the regular price and used the coupon to get the $100 gift card? Because that would be sweet.

Hmm...I'm STILL on the waitlist, even though the deal is officially dead.

Apparently there are a lot of people just sticking it in their carts and not buying.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']Has anyone gotten Best Buy to price match the $60 from Target by reducing it from the regular price and used the coupon to get the $100 gift card? Because that would be sweet.[/QUOTE]

I tried this last night at my local Best Buy (Deerfield, IL). It would have worked, had the nearby Target had the item in-stock. -_-

[quote name='kiwixstyle']I tried this last night at my local Best Buy (Deerfield, IL). It would have worked, had the nearby Target had the item in-stock. -_-[/QUOTE]
-_-...

[quote name='HarryManback']I wonder if anyone has been able to get the Target $160 GC deal this week??? Those who kept a coupon hoping for a price drop.

I'm gonna try Thur.[/QUOTE]

Yup! Got the BLKops bundle + $160 GC on Monday , no problems. I think the cashier was more excited about it than i was,lol. I had the coupon for awhile now, since there was no price drop, i figured i'd use it.

any one can post up a SCAN of the flyer of the Black Ops PS3 Bundle from Sears so we can print it out and go to Best Buy with it and try it?

[quote name='lude21']Yup! Got the BLKops bundle + $160 GC on Monday , no problems. I think the cashier was more excited about it than i was,lol. I had the coupon for awhile now, since there was no price drop, i figured i'd use it.[/QUOTE]
I can't believe in my area just by looking at Craigslist, some are selling the coupon for $60, gtfo mf's. Seriously $20 is ok, but $40, $60?

[quote name='pimpster4183']can you use the giftcard on the system purchase or does it have to be a different transaction?[/QUOTE]
it has to be a separate transaction (so you need to front the $300).

The bestbuy in mira mesa san diego wont honor it. They said it was fake but they didnt scan it. I told them to scan it to check and they said no. Assholes

Best buy here would not match the target deal to take 60 bucks off the price of the ps3 at all because it was "too good of a deal and he can change policies if BB is not making enough of a profit", but would match the sears 2 free games deal; however, he would not do the sears deal with the coupon.

It's funny that I was originally trying to get them to do the target deal (and make it 239.99) and then was going to try for the 100 dollar GC on top, but they would not even match the target deal to start with. Then they did the sears match, but told me that I can't do two promotions, so it either had to be sears or the 100 dollar GC.

I'm not actually sure whether they are supposed to do both the PM plus the coupon -- it seems to me that a coupon might be different and something they would do -- so I didn't press it too much. But I know it was wrong for him to just at first say the target deal was to good and they would not match it (especially given that the target deal is for 40 bucks less in GC than the BB deal).

:cool::cool::cool:TARGET ACQUIRED: OPERATION [BLACK OPS BUNDLE] - COMPLETE!:cool::cool::cool:

Oh, and thanks Rehykja for the tip on the bestbuy.com controller pm. I turned around and picked up a white official controller for $35.99 using the gift card. It really made me look like I had done my 'homework.' ;)

[quote name='DerClaw']I'm not actually sure whether they are supposed to do both the PM plus the coupon -- it seems to me that a coupon might be different and something they would do -- so I didn't press it too much. But I know it was wrong for him to just at first say the target deal was to good and they would not match it (especially given that the target deal is for 40 bucks less in GC than the BB deal).[/QUOTE]

There's differences in their bottom line between lowering the price of something, and giving you a giftcard. I don't know what profits they make, but it could be that an average $100 worth of their merchandise is worth less than the $60 they'd lose out on by PM'ing target.

phew. proud owner of a PS3 (finally!) and I also get to play Black Ops! (FINALLY!). Thanks OP, and all!

[quote name='Kali']phew. proud owner of a PS3 (finally!) and I also get to play Black Ops! (FINALLY!). Thanks OP, and all![/QUOTE]
which bestbuy in southern california did you get it at? I can't get one in Mira Mesa cause the people their are idiots

[quote name='darkhado666']The bestbuy in mira mesa san diego wont honor it. They said it was fake but they didnt scan it. I told them to scan it to check and they said no. Assholes[/QUOTE]

This is the big problem with retail chains. A lot of employees not knowing what corporate is doing and thus they get to go on a power trip and act like the big fish in the little pond.

[quote name='darkhado666']which bestbuy in southern california did you get it at? I can't get one in Mira Mesa cause the people their are idiots[/QUOTE]
If I may make I suggestion, I live in Southern CA. The Best Buy in Pasadena, on East Foot Hill is a excellent place to use coupons without complaints, the cashier's are all young girls mostly lol and don't even care.

[quote name='darkhado666']which bestbuy in southern california did you get it at? I can't get one in Mira Mesa cause the people their are idiots[/QUOTE]

LA area. Try another one, don't give up. My plan was to hit up the three in my area in case one didn't want to do it. The cashier was a nice girl who I made small conversation with and she even asked if I wanted another controller to purchase with my gift card.

[quote name='Kali']LA area. Try another one, don't give up. My plan was to hit up the three in my area in case one didn't want to do it. The cashier was a nice girl who I made small conversation with and she even asked if I wanted another controller to purchase with my gift card.[/QUOTE]
damn, that's awesome. I'll try again. Thanks :)

[quote name='darkhado666']The bestbuy in mira mesa san diego wont honor it. They said it was fake but they didnt scan it. I told them to scan it to check and they said no. Assholes[/QUOTE]
That's the exact location where I was able to get it. I recommend you point out that the URL where the PDF is hosted is in fact bestbuy.com then call the main CS number while in the store.

For those of you looking in Manhattan - Was able to get the CoD bundle Version with the giftcard at the Columbus Circle location last night, after first trying (and being turned down) at the midtown / 44th & 5th location.

Just another confirmation that this will work with the Black Ops bundle if your cashier will scan it. I used a printout of the link in the OP and had no problems whatsoever.

Although I do now have a $100 BB card I don't know how to spend. Would rather have just gotten cash back. Any suggestions for what to do with it?

Just got mine today. Sweet deal. I don't know what I'm gonna do with the $100 gift card since I buy most everything on amazon, but I'll figure it out. Redownloading all my games onto a new system is a lengthy process.

[quote name='VANDALHEART']Just got mine today. Sweet deal. I don't know what I'm gonna do with the $100 gift card since I buy most everything on amazon, but I'll figure it out. Redownloading all my games onto a new system is a lengthy process.[/QUOTE]
Use the Best Buy GC and get an Amazon GC. Also, you can just use the data transfer utility to move stuff to the new PS3.

[quote name='exopuppy']Just another confirmation that this will work with the Black Ops bundle if your cashier will scan it. I used a printout of the link in the OP and had no problems whatsoever.

Although I do now have a $100 BB card I don't know how to spend. Would rather have just gotten cash back. Any suggestions for what to do with it?[/QUOTE]
Go and buy amazon gift card. BB 100 gc to amazon 100gc

Just came back from San Francisco BB with the Black-Op bundle.. cashier took my coupon with no questions ask... as long as they are willing to scan your coupon ur good to go doesnt matter which 160gb version it is.. unless u got bad luck and run into a cashier that goes by the rules..

I took advantage of this deal on Tues. I got a coupon now for 10% off a regular priced item. Could I walk in with my receipt and the 10% off coupon and get my money back?

Did this today at the Best Buy in Augusta, Ga. I got the Black Ops Bundle and th3 $100 gift card. I'm gonna trade in Black Ops.

Proud owner of a PS3 Black Ops Bundle... went to the music section to cash out most of the guys are cool there. Guy took my coupon scanned it... had no problems. I had my fingers crossed the whole time. My final total I paid was $4.94... after all my flipping. So got a PS3 for $4.94 and a $100 GC

Had a great day.
PS3 Black Ops Bundle + $100 GC... and only paid $4.74

IMAG0052.jpg

I spent over an hour at bestbuy today as they were puzzled trying to price match the difference of the $100 giftcard with the $60 gift card I received with my PS3 3 weeks ago and in the end I did receive my $100 giftcard.

Managers came multiple times and had no idea what to do because they couldn't figure out how to proceed with something like this. Second manager said they should have never gone through with it. LOL It was hilarious watching them figure this one out.

This is a sweet deal! I got the blops bundle along with the 100 gc. I almost got the 60 gc but manager was within ear shot. Thanks Cheapy!

[quote name='nycmetsfan']Please somebody answer this.

Did anyone else get told this coupon was a fraud when they went to redeem it?[/QUOTE]

The Manager at my BB took the coupon to see if it was legit, came back looking stunned.

bread's done
Back